Essie Madison Ave Hue

4.4

on 6/9/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The colour in the bottle is similar to that of Pepto Bismol! However. ...don't let that put you off! Applied on the nail (in 2 easy, smooth coats) the colour is stunning. There is a slight sparkle in the bottle and on the nail, but this is just enough to stop the colour being "flat". Gorgeous!

on 2/11/2016 11:36:00 PM

Love love this color! It is a pink with a slight purple undertone with a bit of silver shimmer. I used it today for Valentines weekend with Essie pink sparkle A Cut Above over the ring fingers. Very stunning and pretty. In love!!!!!!! Yes... Would buy again!!!!

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/29/2015 4:01:00 PM

Dusky, lavender-tinged Pepto-pink with subtle silver shimmer. Doesn't quite translate from the bottle to the nail. The color isn't as vivid or saturated as I would like. And the formula isn't quite up to par either. It's a little streaky and three coats are needed for full opacity.

Not horrible, but not something I would buy again either.

Madison Ave-Hue is a purple-pink colour with fine silver shimmer in it, however this shimmer is not very prominent on the nail, only visible when up close. Madison Ave-Hue is unique due to its purple undertone, making it different than the usual Barbie pink polish. My skinton is NC20 and I'm quite warm, so this may be making the purple undertone more prominent on my hands as not many other reviewers seem to mention it! It has decent staying power but is a bit more chip-prone than my other Essie polishes. It applies easily, opaque in two coats. It's a pretty unique colour so I would recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice in the bottle but not on my skin tone. Its pink with a little purple undertones. Made me look pale.

on 3/8/2015 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very pretty sophisticated pink that would be good with anyone. There is a faint shimmer to it that is very subtle but its enough to make the polish not flat.

I like the freshness of this color and simplicity of it. Takes 3 coats and evens itself out after being tricky to apply evenly.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A great pink with just a tinge of shimmer. Very,very faint. Its noticeable if looking at the shade up close on the nail but far from obvious. Its a nice pinky/purple...leaning more on pink side. Could get away with just applying one coat and its opaque....I applied two and experienced zero issues in application.

on 5/6/2014 9:56:00 AM

I am not a girly girl and usually dislike pinks on me but I love this shade! The strong purple undertone keeps it from looking too juvenile / garish and just makes it a little more interesting in my opinion - it just looks so fun and summery.The formula is really easy to work with, two coats was all I needed for full opacity. Winner!

on 4/28/2014 12:35:00 PM

I really like this color and see myself reaching for it again and again this summer. It is a very cool-toned pink, not warm or hot pink at all. This is an interesting and "grown up" pink shade to me, similar to the radiant orchid shade that's so popular this year. The formula is very good; opaque in two coats, I think the shimmer helps with the formula but it is hardly visible on the nail. Dries quickly.

Reason for 4 lippies - I am not normally an Essie polish person; I do not like the small brush and Essie polishes normally chip within 3 days on my nails while I can get 6 days wear with other polishes.

on 1/19/2014 7:15:00 AM

I love this one. It reminds me of the 80's pinks I used to wear only with a modern twist. Its a very nice shade of pink berry. Has a very clean look. Its not too bright and has just the right amount of shimmer to it. Its not a pearl or frost. Not glitter. Just a very subtle shimmer. I have noticed that Essie does the subtle shimmer very well. Better than most polish brands. At first I thought I would pass on this one. When I saw it in person it was definitely special enough to get. I really love it. Great on fingers or toes. A color that also spans seasons. Its a keeper!

Popular Polishes