NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 3/19/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very expensive but this works for me, here's how:

Dark Circles: completely covered with one coat (mine are seriously dark grey/purple with a v white face so they're harder to hide)

Spots: Completely covered with one coat, no building required.

Freckles: Completely covered despite having some v dark freckles on naturally vampire pale skin.

Redness and spider veins: Covered with one to two coats.

Natural finish and luminous. Even on my exceptionally dry skin, this is creamy and doesn't accentuate the dryness but softens it and makes my skin look soft, glowing, luminous.

Coverage: It not only covers my unusually dark circles but should I happen to be cack handed and smear a smudge onto my lip line, I have naturally deep pink lips, it conceals them too.

Colour Chantilly the palest in the range: a very pale ivory, perfect for my white skin.

Application: Easy as pie with my finger, a cotton bud or brush, applies well whatever I use.

Effect with daily usage on T zone and around eyes on v dry and spotty skin: None discernible.

Consistency: surprisingly thick which is good as it covers so well.

Buildable: oh yes... and very smoothly

Result: Blimey I look younger.

Others have tried that are good but this beats by a mile: YSL touche éclat, Bobbi brown touch up stick and the utterly useless Bobbi brown under eye concealer for dark circles, derma blend.

Will buy again, would be fool not to, if I can afford it.

Edit: after using for a month or so, I do find this can look drying on any dry problem skin areas, otherwise pleased with it.
Edit: years after first buying this and still using it happily, except for cost, I've found this also is very good at sculpting the face easily, quickly and subtly. As this formula is rich and thick, tiny dabs will spread over a large surface and sculpt in a minute.

Oh my god. This product is like an abusive boyfriend--it looks so good and then it just ruins your life!
I have pale skin with blue undertones so I almost always end up with the "lightest" shade in a line being too yellow/tan. This concealer in Chantilly was a perfect if not improving match. When I put it under my eyes where I have allergic shiners (purple circles that look like I've just walked into someone's fist), it not only covered up the purple but made the skin there look more light-reflecting and radiant than ever before.
We will call these reactions my honeymoon phase. Sephora had a sale and I stocked up (bought 3 of them!) because I hate it when I find a color match and then it is discontinued.
Now this is when things start to get ugly.
I've been using the product for less than a month when I start to have little white hard bumps all around my eyes where it covers up the purple. And the sides of my nose start to get tender because they are developing deep ouchie ouch ouch pimples. And my chin. Dear lord sweet mercy the area below my lips to the end of my face. I explained it to one friend like this, normally if I have a problem, I will have an individual pimple, we will call these single family dwellings. Well this product created apartment complex style pimples. Each pimple had a neighbor right beside it so that you have these massive systems of clogged pores than cannot be cleared because as soon as one tenant left, another moved in!!!
Now we move on to classic denial. Despite the onset of unprecedented pimples and problems in EXACTLY the areas I applied the concealer, I tried to rationalize that it was my: hormones, my diet, stress, aging, the expelling of toxins from a virus I never had, a new phase in the life of my skin. I mean come on, the product told me it would never cause me to break out. It had to be my fault!
Basically I told myself every lie I could because as disgusting as my face now started to feel, I loved the color so so much and I now had 4 tubes of it.
That's when I had to have an intervention. I confessed to my sister what I recently started using and how great it was, oh but wait, it also kinda maybe slightly turned my skin into a horrible angry nightmare--which I could luckily cover up with--MORE CONCEALER! Brilliant.
She, not being in the thralls of this abusive relationship, told me to pitch it. But I had invested so much I whined. Classic mentality of the abused. She told me it was over and I needed to pitch it. I knew this was true, but was irrational and paralyzed from acting.
It took me MONTHS to get rid of it. I was unable to return it, so I kept the 3. unopened packages in my closet (time heals all). Every once and a while I would relapse and open a new one to try again. You know what happened next.
Finally, I threw them all out. I was so sad staring into all the money and superficial radiance in my trash can but there was no more running from the facts.
Since I ended things with Chantilly, my skin recovered and I have no little white pumps around my eyes, no apartment complex pimples, no sore nose cysts.
Bottom line:
Perfect color. Skin wrecking ball.

on 4/23/2013 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Reviewers on the Sephora website were raving about this stuff, so being a concealer junkie, I had to get some. It is thick and creamy with a lot of pigment, blends easily and has very little creasing. I set it with a light powder but it is satin finish and not greasy, oily, or shiny, like some creamy concealers. I prefer to get concealers in a tube since wands dry out, but you can't have everything. The medium to med/dark shades are color correcting : Honey, Custard, and Ginger. Honey is a salmon color, Custard - a yellow peach, Ginger, a darker peach. The lighter shades don't have enough pigment to color correct. Vanilla has a pink tone in a pale beige and the lightest color, Chantilly, looks white. Nars has come up with a very good formula but they should have made the honey and the custard a little bit lighter.They need a few more shades in the light/medium range. Because of this, and the exorbitant price, I took off one star.

on 9/8/2014 11:07:00 AM

Me and NARS sitting in a tree, C-O-N-C-E-A-L-I-N-G

Okay that didn't work well at all but you know what does? This concealer.

(See how I turned that around)

Its amazing and literally the only concealer I can use on my under-eyes that conceals well and makes me look gorgeous. I was at a point where I wasn't putting ANYTHING on my undereye because every other concealer I tried (I'm looking at you pro-longwear) made it look WORSE. Covered a little, but made it look worse - and I'd rather have minor darkness under my eyes than look like a 40 year old who hasn't aged well.

I use it in other areas of my face also and it works a charm, Highlights a little which i love - if I'm putting it on zits, I dab a bit of powder on top so that it's not so 'radiant'.

Just buy it. Please. I am so picky with makeup, have extremely high standards, sensitive skin that's prone to break outs and all sorts of allergies.. and I will never be without this again.

NARS, I'm your biggest fan <3

on 4/18/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my new HG under eye concealer. I have extremely dark circles under my eyes, bright blue veins and brown discolouration to be specific. On my pale NC15 skin, it is extremely noticeable (looks like two black eyes) unless I wear corrector and concealer. I previously wore Bobbi Brown's under eye corrector in Light Bisque along with Mac's Studiofix concealer in NC15, with Bobbi setting powder. These combination creased like crazy and it didn't last more than a few hours before I'd have to touch up again. However..This NARS product was recommended to me by a Sephora MUA who seriously saved my life with this. This concealer is AMAZING. Not only does it go on lightly, but the coverage is phenomenal, and it is so brightening! I used YSL's Touche Eclat which I hated, it didn't cover anything and it creased. This is a concealer, corrector and brightener in one, and my god does it work. I bought this in "Vanilla" which I think is colour #2, it's perfect for my NC15 skin. This lasts all day, literally. It doesn't crease, and it definitely covers without ever looking cakey. I haven't had to touch up this yet, I usually have makeup on for 10 hours of the day. This is the best product for girls with intensive dark under eye circles, and for those who don't, this will look airbrushed. I will re-buy this always!!!

UPDATE: After almost a year I'm still using this religiously, though I realized shade 02 Vanilla was a little bit too dark for me, so now I mix it with the lightest colour 001 Chantilly and it's great!! I cannot live without this concealer <3

Can it be - have I FINALLY found a concealer that actually CONCEALS my undereye circles? Wow - hell must have frozen over! I have run the entire spectrum of concealers from discount ds to hi end dept store and all have been found lacking. Many that I loved ended up being d/c (what else is new) or my skin became drier = minerals didn't work as well anymore.

I had the SA at Sephora try both Vanilla and Custard on me (for reference, I'm MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair. In spring/summer, I'm, 1 shade darker (see my np if you truly want an itemized listing).

I fully expected Vanilla or even the shade lighter (forget the name) to be right for me. I was shocked to see in a side by side comparison that both Vanilla and Custard worked for me...??? I ended up going w/ Custard because I'll be able to wear all year round whereas the Vanilla would definitely not work for me in the spring/summer = why buy 2 when 1 will do...especially at this price?

It doesn't settle in my fine lines (of course, adequate moisturization before is always a must) and it truly lasts around 12 hours on me w/out the need for any touchup. I like this and unless I find a cheaper dupe (I've seen suggestions about Maybelline FIT ME as a possibility, I will re-purchase this.

04/02/15 update: I recently did a side by side test for a week of the Maybelline FIT Me in Fair and this in Vanilla - there was NO difference in wear, coverage, fine line issues (both settled a bit). Basically the only difference for me is the $$. Therefore, I will not be purchasing this in Vanilla and will use the Maybelline FIT ME instead for under my eyes. I still have the tube of Custard I purchased at the time of my initial review and of course, still love and will continue to use until gone. At that time, I may try to find the dupe Maybelline shade to see if that works as well for blemishes as NARS...

on 6/10/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I read all the good reviews about this product and decided to give it a try. A try because I ran out of my Giorgio Armani concealer and it is hard to get, and because of the good reviews.

The texture is creamy and will dry fast after applying it. It is also highly pigmented so you won't need much product, which is great for the price you pay ($29).

I wore it for 3 days. And the first 1 hour it always looked good and flawless under my eyes. It makes my face look airbrushed and truly covers up dark circles without looking unnatural. So, your under eye area will look beautiful, bright, and flawless. BUT, after 1 hour I always found that it started to look very dry and emphasize my fine lines and wrinkles. Not just that, but my under eye area would start to feel dry and tight.
Maybe it is just me who has that problem. So this is definitely gonna be a return.

It is too bad, because the color I chose, the packaging, and the application are all so perfect. The only problem is that dryness that it gives to my under eye area.

I hope others have better luck with it, and remember, first try it out and then decide if you want to buy it or not. It can save you a trip.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love how this concealer performs. It is so creamy and radiant. Being a 40+ woman, I can't avoid fine lines and dark circles around my eyes. I have to use good eye cream, and I want something that plumps up my under eyes. And this really looks like it slightly does it. Brightens my eyes and doesn't settle in fine lines.
Only problem is the colour range. I use NARS sheer glow in Gobi and Deauville and TM in Finland. I thought that I should get Vanilla, but MUA matched me to Custard. It is too dark. I might be able to use it when I get some tan. I ordered Vanilla, and it still is too pink. I have to use Vanilla first to brighten, and then add some Custard to make it natural. After that it is really beautiful. There should be better match for light with neutral and yellow undertones. Chantilly is too white.
I have Benefit Erase Paste #fair and I love it, but it is a little too pink. Bo-ing in lightest is too dark, but right amount of yellow.

on 3/19/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

:: Reference :: my skin is NC/NW 10ish or Nars Sheer Glow Siberia and Gobi. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances. (wheat, soy, msg (yes it is in some makeup), beeswax, bismuth oxychloride)

It is a good concealer, BUT I prefer my concealers a little more yellow based to cover redness better. My healing marks, and broken capillaries, and hyper-pigmentation are covered better (and with a thin layer) by a more yellow based concealer to neutralize the red. I felt like I had to use a bit more of this Nars concealer just to cover the same red marks than I do of my Bobbi Brown concealer. I also feel like The Nars accentuates flakes more that I would like it too when I use it around my nose or any other dry or healing skin.

And it isn't pink correcting enough to cover undereye blue/green/grey/ or purple, in my opinion. But I think this Varies greatly on your skin tone. Vanilla was a smidgen too light for my undereyes, but smidgen honey too dark. (I know bobbi brown isn't for everyone and I don't like most of her products but) My bobbi brown corrector in Light bisque still takes the cake of brightening my eye area greyness. I have a darkness around my eye because my eyes are deeper set, and I have a little under eye darkness from rarely getting enough consistent sleep. I feel like the Nars RCC in Vanilla was just a little too light, but I could have gotten away with using it, however the bigger issue is that it didn't wear as nicely as my BB. The Nars seemed a little drying and made my eyes look a little older for the wear.

A pinky skin tone concealer like this Nars one is probably best for very minor pink marks or brightening darker spots like old completely healed scars.

I don't like the doe foot applicator honestly (this only time I accept a doe foot is for a gloss, anything use a doe foot annoys the crap out of me... I am looking at you Nars eye primer) I prefer a pot so I can get out all of the concealer or a tube so I can cut it open and depot the rest when it is lowv. In a Doe foot, I will never be able to get all of the product out, which feels like a waste of product and money.

I have also noticed that cyclopentasiloxane (second ingredient in the concealer) stresses out my skin a bit as far as for daily use. If I put it around my nose I will have little clogs by the end of the day where as using my Bobbi Brown concealer in Sand, I won't have this issue out side of normal clogging from my natural oils after a few days.

This is just my opinion and each person has there own reactions to this. But I Personally do not care for this product.

on 10/25/2013 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've tried pretty much every high-end under-eye concealer under the sun, and always found myself doing touch-ups and never completely covering my insomnia-induced dark circles. First was Chanel (which was reformulated but still not cutting it), then YSL's iconic Touche Éclat which is second best, and Diorskin which was an epic failure. NARS kicked butt in coverage, formulation, and application. One small dot per eye covers the entire under-eye area, from corner to corner. Better still? It looks natural, doesn't crease all day long, and feels more like an extension of my skincare. Brilliant. I'll never look back, and I challenge you to find any under-eye circles. :)