NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 2/17/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this concealer might be okay for spot concealing, and props for creating a shade light enough for super pale folks, but as an under-eye concealer, it was horrible. I don't have that many fine lines but it settled into all of them immediately. I regret buying it.

on 2/17/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: This was the first concealer that I'd ever used that didn't highlight dryness or flakiness (excluding my undereye area). It's great for covering up general redness or the occasional pimple - leaving a very natural skinlike finish. Its ability to look natural while being a fuller coverage product is quite impressive. It has average wear time on me (fading after around 5 hours) and is not as tenacious as my new favorite for this type of general concealing - the MAC Pro Longwear concealer (I have reviewed this as well).

I am an olive NC20ish and found Custard was an ok match. This product has quite a good shade range for light to medium skin tones now they've added additional shades to the range since I purchased this product. I would buy one shade lighter if I were to repurchase. I also like that this is fragrance free.

What I don't like: While I had hoped this could be a great multipurpose concealer used both on my face and under the eyes, it is much too drying for my under eye area. It gives my undereye a crepe-y appearance. The colour was also too yellow for use on my purple-y dark circles - it gave a grey look. Side note: I am yet to find a great under eye concealer as yet.

I also find that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC PLW concealer as noted above - the MAC does a better job of maintaining coverage of a few broken capillaries that I have on my nose even though they're right where my sunglasses sit. Another annoyance worth noting is that this is marketed as a 'radiant' concealer when it has no radiance to it whatsoever. It's very much a natural matte finish on my drier skin type.

Overall, it's a slightly above average product that I probably won't buy again when there are so many concealers out there and I'd rather try something new. However if you are looking for a fuller coverage concealer that has a skin like finish then this is worth checking out. I would suggest it's more suitable for normal to combination skins.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

I use this with my nars sheer glow foundation.
    Best concealer I've used for under eyes.
    Lightweight and creamy as stated.
    Medium/ full coverage which I need, it does wonders.
    It's buildable not that you would need to use 2 layers.

I love it

on 2/8/2017 8:21:00 PM

I was so put off by the price of this concealer even though the EL one I use is only like $3 cheaper.
    I got the mini size as a gift. At first I wasn't conpletely wowed, but this turned into my every day concealer and now a staple product for me.

It's amazing for every day use.

This is why:
    *At nc15, which I presently am bc it's winter. I can use the shade vanilla to BOTH conceal my undereye and conceal blemishes. No longer do I need two separate concealers bc my undereye concealer highlights my zits and my zit concealer turns my undereyes yellow. Somehow I can use vanilla as a one stop shop.

*perfect amount of coverage. If I want flawless undereyes for days I am better off with ELDW concealer, Mac studio finish in nw20, benefit erase paste or a similar corrector. Nars rcc doesn't leave my undereyes completely flawless but it DOES COVER my grey circles for the most part, doesn't budge all day, doesn't crease, and doesn't pill while im applying it. It just works. It does exactly what I need it to do. No more no less. And im out the door really quickly.

*matte enough to last all day, but I can see where they got the radiant monomer. This really does just look like skin when it is on

So I will continue to buy this although the price sucks.

I actually wanted to purchase the new matte concealer on the pot, but it just looked heavy yet was so thin texture wise.... I would need to play with it. Anyway.... I don't know why I've overlooked this liquid concealer before. There are so many shades you are bound to find one to suit you. Nice finish and yet pigmented.

I fell into the hype of this one. Honestly i dont feel like its the best concealer but it is okay. On my skin it just always looks heavy and cakey i dont know why. Ive tried different setting powders, baking, applying with sponge,brush,fingers etc but it still just looks cakey. Oh and weirdly ,it doesnt oxidize under my eyes but when i wanna spot conceal it does. I dont think i will blame the product for that, i guess it really depends on the person's skin; just thought i would mention it here. It does cover well but i just really dont like to look like i've got heavy makeup under my eyeballs. Good thing i only bought a sample size. I will use it til the last drop though coz i want every penny's use out of it (its expensive,okay?). I do have to say though, the packaging is beautiful. Will not repurchase, and will not recommend ;(.

Quick background: I have combination oily skin, oily T-zone, upper eyelids but dry lower eyelids and cheeks. The products I use must put up with Singapore's hot and humid climate, freezing AC offices and sometimes, my hands (I touch my face a lot. I know, don't judge.) I'm in the shade of NC25-30 and I use Custard for this concealer.

This product retails at SGD$45 at Sephora for 5ml of concealer.

Texture and coverage: It's creamy and blends well. I usually dot all over my face and undereyes before blending it out. The coverage is medium to full, and slightly buildable. Slightly because there are times when it gets cakey when I pile products on. I feel that to make sure it covers well, your base and foundation routine plays a part. With a proper base, it's able to cover some of my pesky acne spots well! A little goes a long way.

Durability: With my skin type, habits and environment listed above, if I stay in the office without touching my face, I think it could last a good 3-4 hours. On my oily nose, not so much, Depending on my primer and foundation combo that day, I expect to touch up my nose every 2 hour. Best bet is to layer powder to seal it in.

Packaging: Pretty standard, with a doe-foot applicator. I like how this is a sleek, slim and squarish tube. Easy to keep in small clutches and purses for girls' night out. And if you're a klutz like me, you'll appreciate how it doesn't roll off tables.

Worth the price?: Well, kinda.. I bought this on a whim because I had some vouchers to offset the cost heh. There's drugstore products with formula similar to this at a fraction of the price. But, if we compare within high end beauty products with similar formula (which many I have not tried lol), I'd repurchase again if other products don't work.

Conclusion: I think for those with normal skin, the touch up would be minimal and you would be able to use this a long, long time. For us oily skin sisters... This might go out fast. But I'm okay with that because of how well it covers up.

This is the best concealer for under eye that l've tried so far, all the other concealer that I use settle on my lines thus making it more noticeable but this one does not which is perfect. I use the vanilla shade the only con about this is that it's expensive. I've tried dupes for this but nothing pass. I have yet to try other high end concealer to compare to this one but for now this is the best for dark under eye concealing. Handsdown!

on 2/1/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have extremely dry undereye area and pretty much everywhere else too, and had initially thought I couldn't wear concealer. There was just nothing that didn't crack into dryness or crease after a couple of hours - sometimes it would look perfectly supple and hydrated initially (trust me I use a good eye cream for this dryness), but as time goes on it always makes me look worse with concealer (I don't even have visible dry lines being still in my mid 20s).

My skin also doesn't agree with even medium coverage foundations, unless it's a particularly good skin day (but light coverage cushion foundations / BB creams work well for me), so I was surprised that i like the NARS radiant creamy concealer at all. It's very creamy, semi opaque, not nearly as fluid as the Urban Decay naked concealer I had been using before. I feel like I prefer to use a few dots of this on my dark circles, and use a round head concealer brush (such as Sephora 57) to carefully stipple them in, without spreading them too much everywhere.

The application ensures that my undereye area is not dry, and it stays that way while I have my makeup on. I'm surprised that this medium high coverage concealer worked so well for my hard-to-cater dry skin, much much better than the very fluid and liquidy Urban Decay naked. Since the coverage is higher, I also don't need to use much on a daily basis, which helps the dry situation. I had tried the maybelline fit me concealer which people claim is a dupe of this, and I had to throw them away. In comparison with Nars, they had no coverage at all and my dark circles were not helped in anyway, so why even bother with that!

My favorite part of this concealer, in comparison to others on the market, is how it does not even need setting with powder (mind you I have extremely dry skin conditions). Once it dries, it really doesn't migrate anywhere for me, nor is it creased or looking cakey after a day out. I reckon that's why my undereye area doesn't crack out of dryness in a few hours, and I'm always glad to find something that I don't need to use powder over.

I am using the color custard for my NC20-25 / YSL B30+- / Nars deauville / Armani 4 skin tone and it's my skin color (I don't like highlighting with concealer) but a tiny bit yellower, but it covers my undereye circles very well seamlessly but is a little bit too dark and yellow for me on the face. I think when I finish this tube I'll get the color honey, which is supposed to be a warm peach tone instead of yellow.