NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

amazing product! so full coverage and easy to blend. Is a bit pricey but when its a concealer like this i dont mind.

For me, this concealer is allllll about how you apply it. When I first bought it a month ago, I instantly hated it. Whether I used my fingers to tap it in, used a 217 brush to buff it in under my eyes, or used a beauty blender, this would crease on me like mad. Then I watched a video Andrea Ali did on YouTube with one of Nars' top people and she said Nars products are designed to go on with your fingers, so the next time I applied it, I used my ring finger to blend the concealer out in downward strokes (very gently; I didn't tug or pull at my eyes, just sort of glided my ring finger over it) and BAM! Beautiful finish, gorgeous coverage that lasted at least 6 hours on me (I don't wear makeup for longer than that anyway) and the colour Custard was the perfect match for me. Please take note of the fact that I use the Bobbi Brown colour corrector in Peach under it, and the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish Powder to set it.

However, having said all of that, I probably wouldn't buy this again. It's too much work for me to gently try to maneuver this into place in an area as delicate as the undereye, and I've just gotten my hands on the Tarte Shape Tape and I'm kinda hoping that will be easier to work with. I'll review that one separately after a few weeks of use. Overall, this is a good concealer, and I do get the hype, but it's just too much work for me.

on 2/8/2018 12:47:00 AM

One of the most over rated products I’ve ever used. I bought this after seeing so many favourable reviews on YouTube. It’s awful! It doesn’t cover dark circles and I could’ve bought at least three superior drug store purchase for less. Don’t waste your money.

on 2/7/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is overall a very nice concealer. I found it creased a little throughout the day but other than that the coverage and consistency won me over. Leaves an airbrushed look on the skin

on 2/2/2018 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this based on reviews here. I am not a Nars fan in general. I got the smaller size and I really love it for concealing under my eyes. I am late 50's, dryish skin, not very wrinkled, NC15/20 and I got Custard which I thought would be too dark but it's fine. What I love is that this never creases or settles into crinkles. The coverage is not completely opaque, but my dark circles are pretty bad and this is prob a more natural look than a masklike coating.

The other thing I love is that I use a variety of primers and fdtns since my HGs keep getting d/c and this is amazing with every single one of them. As foolproof a concealer as I have ever found. Will def repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is an overall really good concealer. Covers dark circles amazingly! Absolutely love that! It creases pretty little if you set it!
I have a youtube channel, where I talk about all things beauty, I will leave my links down below! Im pretty sure I have mentioned that this is in a tie for first place of my favorite under eye concealer! My other favorite is the it cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer! Both are awesome for covering dark circles!

Link to my channel:

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TLDR: This was a complete and total impulse buy. I'm not sure if I'll buy it again, but I find no faults with it and will use it until it's gone. I think it's worth trying if you want smooth dark circle coverage.

So this wasn't planned. I wanted something new for my undereyes and went into Sephora with the intention of trying Tarte Shape Tape. (Fun fact! Sephora doesn't carry it; I didn't realize this.) Anyways, a sales rep recommended the NARS concealer to me instead so this is what I have now.

I bought it in the color Creme Brûlée which honestly may be a fraction dark for me right now, but it was the only "cool" light tone. I find that if I pat in a thin swipe of my light Maybelline dark circle corrector it helps balance out the tone. I've applied it both with fingertips and with a beauty blender and it blends out nicely either way.

The coverage is fine but not mind-blowing, it does successfully brighten up my dark undereyes. I've not had any issues with it looking cakey or dry, and the creasing is minimal. It blends on very smooth actually. I've also not noticed it oxidizing or anything weird. As easily as concealers break me out, I've worn this one daily for a week and had no acne issues from it.

Overall it's OK. I like it enough that I'll finish the tube. I don't know if I'll purchase it again after this since I'd still like to try Tarte, but I think it's fine.

on 1/27/2018 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I’ve only owned this product for two days, but I can say I am very pleased with the concealing coverage and color match, but not so much with its staying power. Price ($30) is good for a product in a skinny lip gloss or mascara tube. I’m 50+ AA woman with oily skin. Apparently my skin tone is a few shades lighter than Rihanna’s (I bought Fenty Foundation, but that’s another review). The only areas I want to conceal are my dark purplish hereditary under eye circles. In 40+ years of wearing makeup, I have never found a concealer that made me happy. This one does for about four hours at a time. The sales rep at Sephora said it has “color correcting” properties. That was the reason she didn’t suggest the less expensive concealer stick Nars makes. I didn’t try it. This product came in a skinny tube with an applicator wand that has a sponge tip. There is not that much product in the tube. It’s such a thin tube. I blended it with my fingertips and a sponge. I couldn’t believe how well it covered my circles. They were gone! The coverage lasted until about lunch. I had left it at home so couldn’t reapply. There was a ghost of concealer. I think it is too expensive at $30 a tube, but if I can’t find something better, I will probably buy again. I don’t have another 40 years to look for a substitute!

LOVE THIS. It’s my new HG concealer. After almost 6 years, Lancôme has discontinued my waterproof concealer and I had to try a new one. This was listed in almost every top 10 concealer list so I gave it a try. It comes in many different colours so it was very easy to find a match to my skin. It applies like a liquid concealer, but goes on like a creamy pot concealer. A little does a lot and this provides fantastic coverage. I was born with dark under eye circles and I’ve tried everything on the market to cover them, so I’m thrilled to find one that covers and brightens my shadows so well. Will definitely repurchase this.

on 1/27/2018 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this concealer due to all the hype, but it just didn't work for me. I have sensitive/combination skin and this concealer just broke me out. It inflamed the pimples I tried to conceal and unfortunately was too sheer for my taste. I think if you have somewhat clear skin that isn't sensitive, this would be perfect for you. Disappointed this didn't work for me, but glad it works for others.