NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 6/20/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have bought this concealer twice and it last me a very long time. I would say that the concealer is great for a brightening affect on me. I have very dark circle, their hereditary for the women in my family. Although I love the Nars concealer it might not be strong enough for the circles I have in my face but I do mix it to get a brightening affect and wear it alone on "natural" make up days.

on 6/19/2018 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Ok, so I tried this on years ago at a department store and wore it around awhile and was not impressed. They also said my color was the vanilla one and when I wore it just screamed I have on concealer. I decided to give this a go again because I wanted a concealer I could wear alone without foundation and the woman at Ulta recommended it. So, I got the color creme brulee and I love it. I have read a lot of people say it creased on them and that is what it did initially for me but not this time. I can wear this and it blends in nicely with my skin color. It also does brighten my eye area but looks natural and does not scream I have on concealer. I also have to say I wore this to the pool, not intending to swim, but my little guy asked me to on a water slide and I did and it stayed on, even when I was dunked in 12 feet of water and lasted throughout his baseball game after. I didn't have time to shower so don't judge me. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 6/12/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on a recommendation by a friend - I'd been using 3CE Concealer, but the shade didn't match, and it tended to go very, very flaky within a few hours. I headed down to the NARS counter at the shopping centre, and was recommended the concealer in Cannelle.

This is a tube with a doe foot applicator, which suits me just fine - I usually like to blend concealer with my fingers anyway, and it does save time when I'm re-touching my makeup on the go.

From the get-go, the shade did match my skin, down to the tee. It goes on very smooth and creamy, and almost never goes cakey or flaky on my skin. For under my eyes though, it does tend to settle in my undereye creases, but I've always had that problem for most concealers, from Makeup Forever to Bobbi Brown. If I don't set the concealer with powder though, it won't crease as often.

The coverage for this concealer is also amazing. If I'm feeling lazy, I just go out with nothing but my sunscreen, this concealer, and the NARS Multiple, and it will last all day. It covers up my PIH, undereye circles, and the redness around my nose and under my chin. And best of all, you only need a few dots and some blending, and you're ready to go.

It is a little expensive for me and the product you get is less than some other products, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for the coverage and how easy it is to use.

on 6/11/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the cult favorite that everyone raves about including my instructor from beauty school. I was hoping it would be the answer to my troubles. It's not.

I have combo skin - dry rosacea patches that are bumpy and dry and redness around my nose where I'm oily. This concealer is formulated to be creamy, but I find it a bit drier than I expected (and definitely drier than Maybelline's Fit Me concealer). The color range is fabulous and the formula can be blended out nicely, provided you've used a good moisturizer and primer. It's not a good product to use on its own. There's some separation by the end of the day, and it's not really that long wearing around my chin/nose.
I wish this was a bit cheaper, but based on the price and performance, even though I've gone through 3 tubes, after this I won't be repurchasing.

I'll start with the fact that I tried this ages ago when it first released. I couldn't find a shade I liked (custard was the closest undertone but too dark). It was too drying on my undereyes. Using it alone looked cakey and aged me drastically. So I returned it.

Fast forward to this year and I bought it a second time recently in Vanilla. It's too light on my skin but I like the coverage. I tend to stick to using it on my nose, redness around my nose, discoloration around my mouth, the broken capillaries by my mouth (looks like: |||), and any healing acne.

I do use the tiniest bit when covering my face. Just the end of the doe foot in the back of my hand. Then I do a second tip of the doe foot on the back of my hand. Then using my ring finger I pat it under my eyes. Focusing on my tear troughs for the most part. Then I use L'Oreal Pro Glow (#1) over it and set it with E.L.F under eye powder. So my under eye looks the most concealed this way. Using the NARS RCC alone is cakey AF on my under eyes.

on 6/1/2018 4:04:00 AM

I give this product 5 stars for the following reasons:
1.) Matches my skin tone perfectly
2.) Rarely creases
3.) Affordably priced
4.) Easy to apply
5.) Blends well with foundation

on 5/27/2018 5:15:00 PM

Don't love packaging but OH MY WOW is this concealer amazing. I have bad, bad skin, like, going-on-Accutane-soon bad. This concealer sits SO WELL (atop a primer but even without) blends so easily is pretty damn full coverage and is the best product I've ever used. Only downside is that it's expensive, and doesn't come with tons of product (and with skin as bad as mine I practically use it as a foundation layer lol)

on 5/16/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My review is going to be long so if you can't settle down for story time, skip over this one. I've given this product so much hate for the past 2 months so I owe it to Nars to fix this (I'm not sponsored by anyone, I promise).
I've always been a brush and finger person when it comes to makeup, and I've only ever used Maybelline Age Rewind (apply the product to the back of your hand first, it blends nicer when warmed.) I switched to a beauty blender to save on time but carried on using my fingers for concealer. I heard so much hype based around this product (pretty sure this was one of the bombs before Tarte shape tape) that I was curious and decided to give it a try. I asked for something 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone so I could be bright but not give off ghostly vibes. I got matched to Custard.
The first two weeks were excellent. It blended like a dream with my fingers and I couldn't stop banging on about it. I drew the classic upside down triangle, blended and set with RCMA no colour powder. I don't bake unless it's a wedding or another event where pictures>cake face. On a normal day, a light dusting of powder does the job. It didn't crease, it was brighter than a drugstore concealer but still flattered my skintone. My eyebags aren't terrible, so this medium coverage is a good pick for me. I haven't attempted to use this to cover spots because it's a bit lighter than my skin tone.
The next time I went to apply concealer, my undereyes looked like what I would describe as "crepy". If you google Tesco crepes and zoom in, memorise that texture and pattern. I kid you not, my undereyes looked a bit like that minus a few lines. I'm only 19, I don't have dry undereyes and loads of lines just yet. First, I blamed myself. I told myself I was being too heavy handed with my eye cream and not giving it enough time to settle down ( I use Mario Badescu hylauronic acid eye cream) so I switched to using the Simple eye roll on. Nope, same issue. At this point I'm running my mouth all over the place about how bad it is, what a waste of money it was etc.
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's not giving up. Or being stubborn. Take it how you will. After watching Brianna Fox's videos, I came to the conclusion that I should mix it with eye cream. On one eye, I dumped on a load of MB eye cream and let it take its time blending in. On the other one, I mixed up the concealer with MB on the back of my hand. This time I went in with the beauty blender. It didn't look too bad, the overloaded eye cream side still saw a touch of crepe here and there. I daresay the mixed side looked smooth, but the area where my eyebag starts right next to my tear duct still looked a bit crusty.
At that point, I lost interest. But here comes exam season which means I did/am doing everything I can to avoid revising. Including making this concealer work for me and typing out a super long review. I would like to point out that I was never a beauty blender person, I never thought there would be a learning curve but guess what, there was: stamp the product, but less pressure and more bouncing. Trust me, very lightly tap. This particular day I started with concealer first, ready to wipe it off should it go wrong. My, my, was I in for a surprise. I started off using MB eye cream (thank you dear sister for knocking the Simple one off the shelf and thank you me for being too lazy to retrieve it) and let that sink in. I decided to stipple the upside down triangle instead, and went in with the butt of my beauty blender instead of the tip. I think one of my many many minor issues at the start was that my beauty blender was too damp. I figured that I'd start at the bottom of the triangle, so closer to my nose and then work up to the undereyes. My theory is that the product soaked into the sponge, making it less damp at this point so I could bounce freely without any product shifting off and no patchiness.
When I was done, I hated my life because I managed to make it work and I was living for how it looked. Because I'm a bitter human and I wanted to still be in the right for hating it, I decided to go about my day without setting it. Much to my horror, it didn't crease at all ( I don't overdo product and I blend very, very well). As I sit here typing, I'm wearing an expression of pure grumpiness because I've mastered this concealer and I've never hated myself more because I know I'll be repurchasing.

This is so thick and hard to spread for dryer skin under the eyes. It accentuates and settles in fine lines for me and just isn't a great look on my 37yo self. There are so many colors to choose from which is a plus and you only need a small amount so I can see this lasting a while if it works for you.

on 5/11/2018 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

(Original post 12/01/2017) Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated and neutral beige - imo nothing yellow or pink in it. And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product. Its neutral beige shade and opacity nicely cancel the red tones of blemishes/ irritation.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
All in all, i’d give 5+ lippies to the Chantilly shade used on the face.
(Edit 05/11/2018) for my under-eye area: I got really tired of using 2 products for my extreme blue under-eye circles (either la Prairie in #1 and 2, or LP in #1 + a “beige” topper like a nice but slightly creasing Clarins in its terrible messy wasteful tube), and I decided to try the Vanilla shade. Its pinkish undertone and excellent opacity cancel my blue under-eye circles *perfectly* :) And its cool nude shade well works alone, without any additional “beige” product on top (unlike the LP in #1), which streamlines my routine immensely. So, for the under-eye area, color- and coverage-wise it is pure perfection! (btw, for the face, it is much too dark for nc10) However, it is dry! A *very* emmolient moisturizer is a total must, otherwise after several hours the under-eye area starts looking and feeling very dehydrated, which is when it accentuates every line and wrinkle. But with a very good moisturizer underneath it performs beautifully and without creasing (i don’t use setting powder). It doesn’t work with just any emollient moisturizer tho (might peel or break), so finding the right one is quite as task. I still haven’t found the perfect one, so I can’t name the Vanilla my HG :( Even contemplating getting back to the bothersome and expensive but effective LP+ double-layer routine... :(((
Also, both shades have quite a natural, skin-like finish, neither truly matte nor luminous (+- same as LP, but more matte than Mufe ultra HD and the Clarins tube). The application: for blemishes any brush I tried worked great, my favorite are Mufe lip brush (I love the retractable one) for precision and #216-like for sheerer application and larger areas; for under the eyes the finger works surprisingly better than a brush :)