ORIGINS Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

ORIGINS Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
Drink Up Intensive Overnight MaskDrink Up Intensive Overnight MaskDrink Up Intensive Overnight MaskDrink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

3.8

Water, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Leaf Water, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dimethicone, PEG-75, PEG-8, Glycereth-26, Sorbitan Stearate, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Amara (Bitter Almond) Kernel Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Shiu/Camphore Leaf) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Orange) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Osmanthus Fragrans (Osmantus Absolute) Flower Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Seed Extract, Linalool, Limonene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Sucrose, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Panthenol, Pantethine, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caffeine, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dextrin, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/15/2019 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is one of my all time fave masks. I love using face masks to cheat my way to fabulous skin. Overnight masks really do help me accomplish great looking skin during the day as I am not a fan of makeup. This mask helps me wakeup to supple, hydrated skin the way it used to be when I was younger. I really love this stuff however I use it sparingly due to the price. If it was a little cheaper I would buy several tubes at a time. . . it is just that good!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Good things come to those who wait? I'm not sure about that anymore...the small GWP tube I had of this has been in the group of samples I've been trying to work through since mid last year. Now that I finally get round to using it (Tuesday night and Thursday night gone) I've come out in acne along my lower cheeks/jawline, more so the right side where there are about 7 smallish red bumps. The hydrating effect is there but not as good as other overnight masks, for example PC Hydrating Recovery Mask is a lot better at putting moisture back into my skin. However what PC doesn't do is brighten. Origins really gives you such a nice glow, like when you've used a good Vit C serum, and is kind of what I expected from seeing all the brightening ingredients in it (and why I was so impatient to use it lol). Both times the glow was pretty much gone by the morning and in its place was acne! A couple of bumps the first time, which I was hoping were just coincidental and then plenty more the 2nd time around, despite the 24 hour gap in between use. Had it not been for the breakout I would have happily continued to use this.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I was looking to try out hydrating masks when this became on my radar. I had never tried any products from Clarins before so didn’t know what to expect. Anyway, this to me is just a really thick Moisturiser more than a mask. I don’t find it particularly special but it works well when my skin is a little dry and needing an extra boost. As an overnight mask I’ve found it doesn’t perform any more than any other night Cream. Price-Wise - I have to say this is not worth the buck! I purchased the 50ml for £15. For what it is, it can definitely be cheaper. Also, better alternatives at that price point. The product is heavily fragranced. I’m not a big fan of this as my skin is temperamental. It comes in a pretty green tube but isn’t messy to squeeze out etc. Product applies well and sinks in almost immediately leaving my skin soft and somewhat plump. I use this under makeup with no issues. I wouldn’t repurchase. There’s so much better on the market.

on 2/8/2019 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using a sample of this I get from Sephora for three days now and it's totally broken the area around my chin out. Tiny white heads everywhere. It did feel like a really nice mask, very hydrating, but not worth the break out.

on 1/29/2019 8:00:00 AM

Received a smaller version as free gift. Wore it at night and 12 hours later, there were millions of tiny red spots under both my eyes (upper cheek). Im not sure if it's slowly forming into acne. Disappointed and upset as I had just recovered my skin recently from acne. Dont bother spending money on this, I know many other products that hydrates the skin well with a cheaper price. Just because they changed the packaging and possibly the ingredient list, doesn't mean it's any good.

For the price and good reviews on Sephora I was expecting this to work better than it did. The pros are it is not greasy (although a bit sticky feeling) and smell is pretty nice. Cons are it is on the pricier side compared to most face products I tend to buy, and it did absolutely nothing for my dry flakey skin. It also broke me out as well. For those reasons I would not repurchase.

on 1/22/2019 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is quite a satisfying mask. I have a hard time finding any that works for my combo sensitive dehydrated skin. Most either do nothing or leave an unpleasant film behind.

Origins overnight mask feels mostly like a rich moisturizer. Slightly on the oily side - it does contains oils after all - but most of it actually sinks in withought the dreaded film. My skin feels soft and plump after using it and the smell is fantastic, like fresh apricots. Also happy to report that I experienced no irritation and my skin tends to react with redness and burning sensations to natural products more often than not. The price isn't too bad either considering the amount and the colorful tube makes me smile.

The only thing is it doesn't provide the soothing properties I need like the Avene Tolerance mask which I use the same way, left overnight. Still I enjoy it and will happily use it up .

Tbh, that‘s just a moisturizer but not even a good one. I expected my skin to look more hydrated and plump after using this but tbh my casual moisturizer does more for my skin than this mask does. It contains a lot of oils and this just won‘t help you to hydrate your skin. Oils dry your skin out, no matter how beautiful and glowy you may look after applying oil but at the end of the day it won‘t fix your dehydrated skin. Masks that really hydrate your skin contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid and glycerin.
I returned the mask, not worth the money.

on 1/2/2019 9:58:00 AM

Best face mask i've ever tried. I have very dry and very sensitive skin, and this is one of the few masks that doesn't give me a reaction. It'll sink into the skin quickly, moisturizes my skin, it'll stay soft for days. Love the fragrance as well!

on 12/31/2018 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The perfect mask for this time of year. It's a gel texture which sinks in quickly and really does deliver intensive hydration more effectively than a creamy mask. Next morning my skin feels very smooth and comfortable. I haven't experienced any irritation, and it's got a very uplifting fruity scent.

I got a generous 30ml free tube which has lasted me a while. I like to use it on its own after cleansing, or after using a clay mask.
Works really well as a day moisturiser too;
used it yesterday after showering then put sunscreen on top. Makeup went on smoothly and my concealer stayed put all day!

I've tried other gel and overnight masks but this is definitely the best I've found for dry and tight winter skin. I treated myself to a set of mini Origins masks recently so unless they have an even better one in their range I'll be buying a full size of Drink Up when I run out.