4.3

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

6 months ago

What is this magic?! I’ve never tried a powder like this! Since a little goes a looong way I ended up using to much all the time, probs cause I used the wrong brush for it. Recomend using brush with dark hairs so you can see the amount of powder that you use.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

7 months ago

I'm absolutely in love with this stuff! I'm middle-aged with skin that's prone to breakouts and large pores. This powder sets my foundation beautifully and is so finely-milled. I don't find it sparkly at all! I used it on holiday in Singapore with Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and my makeup stayed on despite the extreme humidity. I will definitely buy it again. I threw away the puff as I prefer to use a retractable kabuki brush. I love how big the mirror is, it's my all-purpose makeup mirror in my purse now.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

1.0

a year ago

Not a fan. By "light reflecting", I was thinking along the lines of Mac's Mineralize - but this product is Twilight-level sparkly. My bad for buying it online based on the positive reviews here. If I had seen it in person first, I wouldn't have gone near it. Having said that, a lot of other MUAers are feeling it, so I can only assume the sparkles are appreciated in their case. This review is for anyone in the MUA community who may be considering an online purchase but isn't into a glitter finish - this product probably won't be for you.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

a year ago

I will be brief. I really like this powder, but I have a few issues with it. 1, it's very expensive, prohibitively so. (I can't afford to spend €36 for something I use every day, but that won't go for everyone I realize) 2, I find it difficult to get anything out, so I have to scrape really hard. When it's on, I really like the effect, and it feels lovely. But it doesn't last me very long, so to come back to point 1, it's just too expensive. If I won the lottery, perhaps I would repurchase, but in my current circumstances, no.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

from

a year ago

Wow, I've been using this setting powder for about a month and am thrilled with it. The wrinkles on my aging eyelids are getting deeper, and my trusty eyeshadow primer is struggling to do its work. So I bought this setting powder to use on top of my eyeshadow primer. And it works great. No eyeshadow creasing. And the powder doesn't have any color to it, so it doesn't compete with any eyeshadow I apply on top. What else - no fragrance, and no parabens. I'm completely happy and will repurchase.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is an amazing setting powder. I use this to set my under eye concealer only. I like loose powder for my t zone and face. This is so finely milled, I was having issues with setting powders making my fine lines more pronounced until I stopped piling on the concealer with a beauty blender. Next was the powder to set. I love this. It is expensive but worth it. Found out about this 2 years ago from the glamtwinz. Will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (623 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0

2 years ago

I figure I'd better put my 2 cents in on this product bc it was $37. I expected so much better for the money. First of all, as others have stated, I can't get any product up. I tried scraping off the top layer, using tape, using a dense powder brush, etc, but only a very tiny amount comes out. I can feel it on my skin too - it's drying. And I don't have dry skin - it's oily on the t-zone and normal everywhere else. After using this powder for several days, I now have dried out skin. My skin's dry on the t-zone area and wrinkled under my eyes where I put this powder to set my undereye concealer. I have tried a lot of powders both drugstore and high end and there are many, nicer feeling, radiant looking translucent powders out there that are better than this - like the Boots translucent powder ($12) and Mac's Next to Nothing powder ($28); both of which don't dry out my skin and create wrinkles. I won't be repurchasing this and I regret spending almost $40 for it.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I only use this powder to set concealer. It's finely milled and gives me a very slight glow, which looks great under the eyes. However, I do not like this to set foundation because it can make me look ashy (I'm NC40). My powder has lasted me 4 years with daily use (since I just use it for setting concealer). I will definitely repurchase since it doesn't dry out my undereye area but my concealer stays put.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

I've found my HG setting powder. This is so finely milled that it is incredibly lightweight on the skin and gives a flawless, poreless finish. I find it gives a subtle glow and haven't had any issues with camera flash like some reviews have mentioned, perhaps this is down to application. I used a small kabuki brush and applied lightly. One slight downside is the size of the holes in the lid of the packaging. It's hard to release a little powder at the time so opening the pot in transit can be a bit messy. This wouldn't stop me repurchasing.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I like the powder itself and love the fact that it's paraben-free, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic, but don't like the packaging. It is ridiculously impractical. Sure, the sleek black compact is beautiful, but I'm not sure why Nars designed it so that you can't fit the wafer-thin powder applicator in the compact itself. The powder applicator is so flat that you would think that it would fit, but it doesn't. Instead, this powder comes with a black pouch that has separate compartments for the compact and the powder applicator. The black pouch is stylish and protects the compact from getting scratched or dirty, but it is a hassle to carry a pressed powder in its own pouch and then to keep the powder applicator in a separate compartment in that pouch. The whole point of pressed powder is to be able to carry it around for quick touch-ups, so I appreciate pressed powders that come with powder puffs or applicators (even though I use powder brushes at home). I just wish Nars would make the compact just a tiny bit bigger so that it would fit the powder applicator.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure