Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer
image 1image 2image 3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Okay so I'll just get into it
It's a good concealer it can literally cover everything but I think it's more focused towards heavy contour and highlight users because this stuff is heavy. It'll cover your darkness but it won't feel light. I tried this out but my main issue is the creasing I totally get that these types of thick concealers are going to crease but I felt this was a little too much cake for me which is weird as I love the cake face makeup. I like to beat that mug As I am a guy and also a drag performer. I could literally use this in my drag makeup routine as it's so high coverage! I would say if you're looking for really high coverage go for this it's a decent price and it blends out like a dream and is fabulously flawless but it's just heavy and will crease no matter how hard you set it in my opinion. Unless you have magic skin with no fine lines at all in any way

I prefer this over my higher end concealers such as the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I just find that this gives such good coverage and doesn't crease badly or doesn't look weird after a long time. It's good for both under the eyes and on pimples. So good.

To Read all 104 Reviews, Login or Join

I wanted to love this so badly. I had been waiting and waiting to purchase this for some time, but had a hard time believing that a drugstore concealer would make me as happy as my $$ one.

The Good:
- Great coverage
- Great color match
- Price is ok
- beauty bloggers are gaga over this stuff
- blends amazingly with a beauty blender

The Bad
- Not a lot of color choices
- applicator would need to be cleaned... but can you?

The Ugly:
- creased like a mofo
- Accentuated fine lines even after setting with setting powder
- looked caky, even with a light hand

I'm 32 with dark under eye area and was so happy when I first put this on. I had great coverage and it blended like a dream but by the afternoon I kept getting asked if I was tired and my boyfriend commented on my under eye lines... so at the end of the day, it's not for me. I think this would be AMAZING for younger ladies that need great coverage and don't need to worry about fine lines.

on 5/10/2016 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really really really wanted to love this. Like, I kind of feel ashamed for not feeling anything special towards it (which sounds so borderline crazy but nevermind).
The package is pure genius, with that little sponge that helps spreading the product in a correct amount, but the first thing I watch is the staying power. And this has disappointed me at every single use. It melts on the top of my cheekbones (mine are pretty fat expecially when I smile)and I look like a clown. I would understand if it happened on summer, but there's no avaiable explanation for why it does this in, like, january.
Anyway, I would feel confortable in suggesting this to non-oily eyes people. I always had this oil problem on the eyes area and caused me troubles, but probably would work on somebody with normal to dry skin.

on 4/21/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use the light colour under my eyes. Goes on nice and smooth and it leaves a nice texture & not cakey. I blend in with fingers , then put some light setting powder to keep it on. When I wasn't putting a light powder on over top right away I found it go really clumpy in my eye creases.
I don't mind the sponge application either , but I see how people would find it un-sanitary.

on 3/29/2016 10:43:00 PM

This concealer is different from the Age Rewind Dark Circle product.
The first thing I noticed was that Maybelline seems to have a fascination of sorts with shades in the light and medium categories to have them appear with an orange tone (unlike Cover Girl's same shades which have a more natural skin tone quality to it). With that said, this didn't cover well under the eyes and actually has a drying effect,which makes them look crepey. It probably is due to the semi matte finish. I recommend a heavier under eye cream before application on this area.
As for dark spots,it does a fair to slightly good job of covering but don't expect miracles. As for fading them over time,well that is also hype. I used this for months and didn't notice a difference at all.
As I am sure most sensical people know, for dramatic and noticeable spot fading or eliminating,one has to visit a dermatologist. However, this concealer is mediocre at best.

on 2/28/2016 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Im reviewing the dark spot eraser in the white twist tube.

It gives you medium to almost full coverage that is long lasting with a matte finish. It's not super cakey or anything, but at least on me it empasizes my wrinkles and my pores a bit. Around my laugh lines it kind of dries and cracks. It also doesn't get along with my skincare. I have acne prone skin with a lot of texture though. If you have smoother, less wrinkled, less porous skin, it would look better I'm sure. I bet a good primer would help a lot with the texture issue.

That said, it's easy to spread around, covers well (almost full coverage, but not quite) the color works for me and I doubt you will find anything else this good at this level of coverage at the drugstore I almost never use this under the eyes though, mainly because the color is not yellow/orange enough for my liking. They need to come out with more shades¡

I'm around NC 43 in mac, and I use the darkest shade they carry in nearby drugstores, which is medium/deep. I would buy again because I need the coverage.and haven't found anything better.

on 2/9/2016 8:20:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's my favorite concealer, and I'm currently on my fourth bottle I think. It has high coverage, lasts long, doesn't crease, feels really light, and doesn't oxidize. It's perfect for covering undereye circles. I don't know about the spot erasing part, can't say I noticed any erasing, but honestly I don't care, and don't expect that from a concealer. The best part is its full coverage, so if you are looking for an affordable, light, longlasting concealer for covering really bad undereye circles or other imperfections, this might be a good option for you.

on 1/27/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Its a hit and miss with this concealer. Although the concealer is good and gives a brightening effect it can dry up and crease during the day. I think a well primed face is more suited to get a smooth result with this concealer. Concealer can sit in fine lines and gice you the cakey look. Nevertheless the bottle/tube does last a long time.

on 1/8/2016 11:28:00 AM

Extremely great for lazy days because you don't have to set it since it dries matte. Pretty good coverage. I use it for under eyes, blemishes and to clean up my lipline sometimes.