Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily

2.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is perhaps one of my most disliked foundations in my collection. I picked this up when Revlon was having a buy one get one sale at my nearest Ulta. I wanted to try a new foundation out since I hadn't really tried any new foundations recently and I decided to pick it up and I thoroughly regret my decision. First off I knew when buying the foundation that it had sparkles in it and that doesn't really bother me although I have oily skin, in fact I don't even notice them. What I dislike is that the foundation oxidizes to the point where I look like an orange, the foundation takes on a very orange-y hue. On top of that, the coverage on this foundation is practically nonexistent! It has the coverage level of a tinted moisturizer. The wear time with this foundation is ok but not great I would say a 5-6 hour day. I only ever wear this foundation when I know I will be seeing nobody I know. When wearing this foundation I had several accounts were my friends and family would comment on how unnatural and too orange my face looked compared to my body. This was humiliating and I won't EVER be repurchasing this foundation but I can see how this foundation would appeal to others.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this because the shade was perfect for me. There's a light shimmer in this foundation which didn't really bother me. It was the way it looked on me, this looked so bad after a couple minutes within applying. It looked so dry around my nose and it was just really patchy. I tried it the next day because I thought maybe it was just my skin and I really wanted to like it but it looked so weird again. It just clings to certain parts of my face that I don't even have issues with. I had to return it. The formulation on this is just off for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually really liked this product. It wasn't cakey at all which I loved, but definitely isn't buildable; turns orangey. To me it felt really light on my skin and gave medium to full coverage. My only problem with it is that it is not long lasting at all. That's the only thing stopping me from repurchasing as a definite yes is that I think I could find a foundation that lasts a little longer. A friend of mine with normal to dry skin also uses it and it gets peely and stuff in her dry areas so I don't recommend for dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got given a sample of this foundation so I can't say how long the bottle lasts, or if it broke me out in the long term but here's my two cents. First of all (and possibly the biggest blunder) was the fact that this foundation has glitter in it! GLITTER! Now I don't know about you but personally I'm not a fan of glitter in foundations. I'm a person, not a disco ball after all. If glitter is your thing in foundations however, this could be for you. Second of all it oxidized terribly on me (I got the colour Natural Beige). Within 10 minutes of applying this, it had gone from a pretty good match for my skin tone to a horrible orangey colour. It also made me look incredibly cakey and unnatural, as well as feeling really heavy on my skin. Furthermore, it took about 20 minutes for this foundation to set. Overall, it gave me medium coverage and lasted pretty well throughout the day (being very oily that's a big deal) but I can't get over the glitter, oxidization, cakey looking skin and the heaviness of it. I won't be buying this.