4.2

$24.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

I got the travel size of this as a Christmas gift and I love it. I’ve been trying to find a finishing powder that doesn’t completely dull my skin, I’m 37 now and while I need powder to set my foundation, normal powder just makes me look dusty and old. This is really gorgeous, and surprisingly, it looks gorgeous in photos - flawless and airbrushed (which is something with my skin!). My two complaints would be that it’s a hair too dark for me, and the price. It was £20 for the travel size which is good, but the full size is obscenely priced so ‘treat only’ territory! I would probably buy again, but I think when I’ve nearly finished this I’ll take a trip to the Hourglass counter and see if they have a slightly lighter colour.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

7 months ago

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!!! This silky soft powder disappears the moment it is brushed onto your skin. It smooths and diffuses and gives an airbrushed finish without appearing as though you have any powder on at all. Hourglass sure did nail it with the naming of this product, it looks like your skin would if you dimmed the lights and had a softened ambient light in the room. The hardest part is having to pick just one shade! I couldn’t decide between Dim Light and Diffused Light but with the help of the Makeup Board here I chose Dim Light and it is perfect, simply perfect for me. I will need to check out the Ambient Blushes and Bronzers. Assuming they blend like a dream (like this one does) and the shades are flattering on my skin I know what’s going in my cart for the next Sephora sale.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I don't actually know if I would repurchase, I only started using this regularly in the last month after owning it for almost 6-7 months. I really don't see this as a setting powder because it's kind of pink on me I use it as a kind of bronzer really, I'm currently maybe NC 20 and it looks pretty nice. I wonder if I would miss it much if I lost it, I love love the packaging and its lovely to own. SO expensive though.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

This is my all time favourite make up item that Ive ever bought in my entire life. And thats saying a lot because I buy makeup like it's a legitimate addiction. I love this!!! To be honest I only bought this because of its cult status. I was in Sephora with a list of other people's HG's that I just had to try. It was on my makeup bucket list so to speak...but I wasn't even sure what it was for exactly. Was it a highlighter? A bronzer? A setting powder? I didn't know but I had to have it, even though the shade of it threw me off. How was this taupe looking powder going to blend in with my pale ass skin??? But it does! I use it as a finishing powder, which I believe is it's intended purpose, and it's undetectable on my face, yet, creates some kind of crazy magic that just makes my skin look perfect. It makes me feel like every other powder I ever used before this one was complete garbage in comparison. It feels like nothing on the skin, no dryness like I feel from other powders. No tell tale powderiness that I have to spritz the crap out of with hydrating mists or setting sprays to get it to melt into my skin. This just melts into my skin like butter, and makes me feel practically perfect in every way ♥️

About reviewer (322 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

I thought I might give this a shot as there were rave reviews. I wasn't impressed by the product right off the bat, but I was trying matt foundations in the summer months but I still wanted a bit of glow so I gave this a shot as a finishing touch and it worked a treat. It gives the skin a subtle glow and that lit from within look. I do have combo oily skin, and need to blot my Tzone once or twice and day which is normal regardless of whether or not I use this powder. I did take one lipstick off as it is very pricey for a finishing powder and I'm positive there are dupes out there for much cheaper. I'm not too sure I'll repurchase when I finish this one but I do enjoy the one I have.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

It does emphasize pores even if they are not even close to bad. I’ve had mine for years and do use it occasionally- I used to use it a lot over foundations which already smoothed out my pores. Usually I just used it to set concealer under eyes and around the mouth. I did hit pan simply because I had it for years and don’t waste my makeup- and used it often for small jobs (which other highlighters do too.) However despite hitting pan I didn’t think it’s worth the price for something which basically emphasizes pores. It’s okay. I love how finely milled it is and relatively long lasting. I think the colour would suit anybody, no ugly unnatural undertones which look nauseating to me and are wayy too prevalent- and a bit medium-difficult to find such non freaky undertones in highlighters. It’s just wayyyyy too expensive for what it is. As an all-over powder it gives the effect of a powdered person who is sweating (a weird designing women episode had a gross creepy bald-his baldness wasn’t creepy just the unnecessary things he said and the way the weird characters seemed to enjoy it- character who is supposed to be ‘romantic’ and a ‘lover of women’ describe this as if it were a positive thing. I think all the ladies on that show are hypocrites and they fall for the stupidest most pretentious men. You could tell all his lines were written by a vain woman who wishes men talked t her in that dumb way) which makes me think of pigs rolling in dust.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I bought a mini of Dim ambient powder last year, and mostly use it as a highlighter. However, with my winter skin tone, this is just a smidge darker, and has a brightening and a subtle bronzing effect (super Nordic/Celtic heritage, right here). My skin looks alive and glowing with this in a way that I’ve found with no other highlighters. I’ve used reserve your cabana (wet n wild dupe) and thought it was “just as good”, but truly...there’s no comparison. Dim is smoothly milled, melts into your skin seamlessly, and makes you look bright and airbrushed without being glittery. I burned through that mini, lusted after it for months, and just repurchased the regular size. I’ll likely rebuy when this one is gone too. Fair skinned ladies, this is a win, go try it out and take some selfies. For deeper skin tones, I’d try out Radiant from the same line, it’s more bronzey with gold tones.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I used up the $22 travel size recently, and decided to grab the full size. This is that "wake up my face, give me life" type of product. I'm 49, and have great skin for my age, my issue is I don't wear a lot of face makeup, and I do need that extra oomph to liven up my face, without adding tons of color/coverage. I prefer to use this all over as a final finishing powder, using a large fluffy brush to press it into my skin..I love using the pink and gold Tarte powder brush for this. Dim light is the only shade that really flatters my N22/25 very neutral skin tone, and gives me a flawless airbrushed look..definitely recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I have been eyeing this powder for quite a while, but I could never bring myself to splurge until I finally saw it in travel size at a Bangkok Sephora. Even though I have tried so many great Japanese powders, Dim Light is up there in my top five. It blurs and perfects the skin with such a nice, natural sheen. I think though that it is not the best at oil control, as I’ve noticed that my face looked really shiny after only a few hours, and it is winter here. However, having the mini size, I just chuck it in my bag and reapplying a light dusting doesn’t make my skin look cakey. I would totally repurchase the larger size.

About reviewer (916 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

I'm NC20, combo/oily. I'm 30, so my skin isn't the acne and greasy mess it used to be, though I never had that youthful "glow" to begin with because my skin was garbage. I feel like this powder gives me what I never had. After my makeup is done and set, I'll take a big fluffy brush ( Ecotools large powder brush works amazing with this) and coat the brush in the pan. I'll press the brush onto my skin, avoiding the pores near my cheeks though. Then dust off the excess. I find this powder adds a subtle life to the face that'll make people go " Hmm not sure what it is, but you look healthy". There are other similar and cheaper powders that work quite well like Fyrinnae's Hollywood Sorcery. This is also great to use when you feel like you're looking a little flat, like how I feel sometimes if I'm using a long-wearing high coverage Matt foundation. I like this a lot and plan on repurchasing when it's done.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral