Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.8

on 12/16/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lolita is pleasant enough, but unfortunately I am just too tired of fragrances with fruity notes to enjoy this at the moment. I was skeptical about the licorice and anise notes, but I was surprised how well they blended with the rest of the notes and didn't smell at all like licorice. I also enjoyed the ivy notes, which kept the fragrance somewhat reigned in from being too sweet.

But the violets and cherry rose just enough above the rest to register ''fruity'' to my nose, and unfortunately that is a dealbreaker. I'm looking for more spice. This seemed less a true gourmand and more of an herbal, fruity drink rather than something yummy to eat, if that makes sense.

I would imagine this scent would definitely suit a gothic girl, or one with a more mysterious personality. I would be thrilled to smell it on someone else. It is very unique compared to most typical fruity young fragrances. But for me, it is not hitting the spot. I will file it away and possibly revisit it later.

on 12/8/2017 12:30:00 AM

This is the scent people recognize me by, I got my first sample vial when I was 13, and finally purchased my first bottle at 25 (gorgeous bottle btw!). I've been wearing it ever since, have purchased countless bottles, and I'm 32 today. On to the scent, it's got a little bit of everything, it's sweet thanks to licorice, but not the heavy/cloying sweetness you find in many scents today... It's got abit of spice (anise), a crisp woodsiness, and a touch of magical powderiness that makes me think 'fairy dust'. It's quirky, it's feminine, and mystical, and the notes are in such harmony with each other. Very distinct and memorable. I use this mainly in fall and winter, it suits any occasion...but it also wears beautifully on breezy spring/summer nights. I stray from this scent from time to time, but I always end up coming back to it, friends tell me it suits me better than every other scent I own (and I have 25 bottles in my collection).

Oh my.. I cant get enough of this. . I feel like sniffing myself over and over.. probably the most mysterious, woodsy and fairytalish fragrance ever.. a mix of liquorice, woods and sweetness in a bottle.. just amazing...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this everyday. It is a lovely, woodsy, licorice type scent with a hint of sweetness. It mellows down quite lovely on my skin and holds out for the day. Unusual and special.

This is my all time favorite HG scent!! I first smelled it on a friend and after that I ran out to purchase it for myself. This is a wonderful warm vanilla scent that I find to be very comforting and not to heavy at all. It's one of those fragrances that you can wear year round. It comes in such a beautiful apple shaped bottle.

on 6/4/2016 5:59:00 AM

This scent is divine. Just gorgeous! Sweet and mysterious. While shopping there was only one other fragrance that I liked...and it was Black Opium. But I preferred Lolita Lempicka because the scent is just so unique. Many fragrances can say I'm woman and I'm sexy. But only this says I'm woman, come find me.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I currently own approximately 25 different perfumes and this is my favourite one! I adore it.. Still sniffing my wrist each time I wear it. IMO it's suitable for either day- or nighttime and for every occasion. I think the unique thing about this fragrance is that it's warm, soft and cool at the same time. Probably not the best explanation, but the best I can do. Not another smell I could compare this to. Other frangeances that I love are YSL's Black Opium, JC's Viva la Juicy, Chanel's Coco Mademoisselle and Versace's Black Crystal. All are very different from eachother, but I love them all. However, Lolita Lempicka is still my number 1!

on 3/26/2016 9:20:00 PM

Oh no I think this has been discontinued! Time to stockpile. I mean it!

Lolita Lempicka EDP is one of the PRETTIEST scents ever. It's really gorgeous and unique, I get so many compliments from both men and women whenever I wear it. This fragrance is sweet and powdery, with a very slight floral/candy note. Very feminine and NOTHING else smells like it.

I think I read somewhere (probably here) that Princess Di wore this perfume on her wedding day. Is it true or not? I have no idea, but I think it's plausible just because it's that good. It's all English and classy and just a really wonderful fragrance.

Would absolutely buy it again! I love this stuff. Highly recommended!

on 3/26/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My review will probably get lost in a sea of reviews... But this is an absolute gem, I am not a perfume connoisseur in anyway or form but i seem to enjoy complexe and sophisticated scents. This has been on the market 15 years or so? So different and yummy!!! I was so scared to buy this even if my bottle came from kijiji and only cost 40$ but I'm so glad I did. I am a licorice lover but some of the notes scared me along with some really awful comments but I took the plunge and now I must say this is my #2 favorite after Roberto cavalli... Not even in the same category but I love love love you Lolita!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

Popular Fragrances