Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

on 4/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This was a blind buy. I've tried it three times and it is musty, dusty, and fusty on me. It doesn't work for me at all.

This is the first blind buy in 30+ years that I can't do SOMETHING with and that I truly regret. The bottle is really fun and attractive, but the stem seems a little flimsy, and I don't buy fragrances for the bottle anyway.

I verified the batch code on checkfresh and it's from 2016; the bottle and the wrapping shielded the juice from light, so I don't think staleness is an issue. Now to figure out what to do with the "leftovers"...

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Love love this scent. I finally found a scent that both my boyfriend and I adore, which is quite difficult!!! I love the vanilla and woods, and he loves the musk. The only issue is that it fades soooo fast, so what is the point? I have not bought it yet but am thinking of this or D&G the One, the drydown is very similar, almost the same, except the beginning is a little sickenly sweet on L and the One is much nicer.
EDIT: I tried this perfume again, and wow...the staying power is very strong (I must have tried on an old bottle before which is probably why they were selling it for 20$). Anyhow, it's really strong, too sweet, and I love sweet, and I agree with a previous post that it smells like MINT! Goodbye LL, hello Angel

on 4/18/2009 12:23:00 PM

needless to say that the bottle is gorgeous but the scent is so sweet and overpowering that made me sick to my stomach, this perfume is not for me.

on 7/16/2006 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I so want to love this, as the bottle is the prettiest bottle I've ever encountered. At first spritz, it smells very sweet, and not terribly heavy - I do notice the licorice smell so many have mentioned. Then it intensifies as time passes and grows ever sweeter, and dare I say - stronger - so that I finally had to shower to remove it after only 2 hours. My chemistry doesn't agree with all perfumes, and this never smelled totally retched- it just smelled so sweet as time passed that it brought to mind the scent of delicatly rotting fruit, and honestly made me start to fell physically ill and nauseated.

on 11/6/2005 10:16:00 AM

Sickly headache inducing licorice smell. The men's version is worse. Too bad because I just love the packaging!

on 12/11/2004 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't like knocking unusual scents, but I really hated this. Someone already mentioned cats' urine, and I'm afraid I have to agree. There's also a strong blast of licorice and aniseed, plus something I can only describe as burning metal.

I may be prejudiced because I hate the taste of licorice, and this reminds me of it. Certainly didn't detect any vanilla.

I think there could be a place for an aniseed-based scent on the market (something like the smell of Pernod or Fennel), but this isn't it.

on 8/17/2004 7:29:00 PM

Two words: Instant Headache.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One word sums up my feelings about this fragrance- EWWW! I am not fragrance sensitive in the least, but I just couldn't handle this one. It was just way too strong and smelled to me like a Black Licorice Jelly Belly bean. I wore it 2 or 3 times, and each time it made me slightly nauseous. I wanted to love this since the bottle was gorgeous, but I ended up sending it to a friend who loves the scent. I'm glad it at least found a good home and that it's out of mine!

on 6/12/2001 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I did not like this one at all. To me, it smelled very similar to Eternity. I tried it few times and kept smelling that all too familiar Eternity smell, so... I gave it away with the agreement they never wear it around me. Beautifu bottle though.But,instant headache for me guaranteed with this one! :(

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this so much. I love woody oriental type frangrances but this scent was a no go. On first spray I get a strong hit of fruit and ivy. After a little while I smelled my wrist and I still get the fruit but also a strong musk. It almost smells like I had two different scents on my wrist, it's a little schizophrenic. The final dry down is a wonderful anise, tonka bean and musk scent. If the first spray smelled like the final dry down, I would totally love this. But it's not worth the hour or two it takes to get to it. The bottle is wonderful though.

Popular Fragrances