3.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 months ago

This is a small compact palette in terms of packaging, with fairly large pans of highlight, blush and contour inside. Very little space is wasted and it is thin and sleek, perfect for travel and/or if you don’t have much room to store makeup at home. The sleekness is what really sold me on this palette, besides the shades contained within. It comes in two options, “Malibu” which is cool toned, and “Monaco” which is the one I purchased. The highlight is a creamy ivory shade, not too shimmery, more brightening than anything. I love the punchy coral shade of blush and the contour is on the warm side, more of a bronzer than contour but a great trio honestly. The powder is quite hard, with no kickback when tapping a brush to pick up product. I’ve seen mixed reviews on this but I quite like it. I picked it up at Winners for $12, a great find in my opinion. Doubtful I would repurchase but I am glad I have it.

About reviewer (950 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

I've had this palette for years++... unfortunately I haven't used it for sooo long. Loved it when I first bought it. Non-stop use!... But as competitors in the cosmetic markets started improving colours and product quality; I eventually pushed this palette to the back of the drawer. ... I remember it had great pigment and lasted throughout the day, but there was a lot of product kickback from the blush and highlighter. I owned the Malibu palette, I loved the blush colour- a cool tone soft almost bubble gum matte pink the colour was so pretty on my cheeks gave me the 'out of the cold' flush. The highlighter has a opulent sheen but was quite chalky in texture. The contour was meh... as I look at it now, 'what was I thinking' lol... it's a very unnatural red tone taupe? Not sure how I got away w/ it but I worked it... I hit pan on the blush and almost on the highlighter. So I did get good use out of it... I remember I was debating whether to get the other palette which had a warm coral blush with shimmer, very reminiscent of Nars Orgasm but the highlighter and contour shades were waaaay off for me... I believe it was called Monaco? The palettes themselves were quite generous, no brush included which I'm good w/....usually the quality of freebie brushes are subpar. Encased in a solid 'industrial-look' plastic metal looking case, with a huge rectangular mirror, it was a bit cumbersome to hold... Overall it served its purpose back when, I prob won't be using this anymore... would recommend to a very young aspiring make up artist as a first palette only.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I love this contour palette. I got it as a gift about 3 years ago and I still have it. Unfortunately, I dropped it and the highlighter completely smashed but the blush and contour are still in perfect condition. I've been using this very often since I received it and there is still a lot left. So it;s definitely worth the price. I tend to go over board with my bronzer accidentally but this palette really is "fool" proof. I would recommend it as a gift to anyone as it complimented a lot of my friends who have a different skin tone.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I bought this product two years ago at a Macy's store. Let me say that I still have most of it left! It lasts you for a VERY long time. This product is great! Anyone who complains about it probably doesn't know how to use it correctly. It gives such a pretty natural look. It doesn't give a glittery look. Defiantly will purchase again. It also doesn't make the skin oily! :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2.0
from

7 years ago

Cargo Contour Palette in "Malibu" This palette that consists of highlight, cheek & contour colors is $36 on the Cargo website. I got it for $11 on clearance at Sephora. The best part about the palette is the HUGE mirror that comes with it. I'm afraid everything else is pretty bad and I would return it (even just to get the $11 back) except I really like the mirror. The highlight color is really chalky and emphasizes any lines/pores. The cheek color is a bright pink that seems really unnatural. The contour color is a grayish light brown / berry color which I thought would be great because brown bronzers are all way too dark and muddy on me. This contour color looks like a bruise. I'm going to see if I can make this work in some way so I can justify keeping it because I love the mirror so much. It's about 2-3 times the size of other compact mirrors.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age36-43