Sleek Blush By 3 Flame

Sleek Blush By 3 Flame

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sleek blushes are an incredible bargain. This palette contains 20 g of blush at such an affordable price! Per gram, their palettes are the cheapest blush I own! And the colors are fantastic! And they are pigmented! And they are compact and easy to store!

Okay! Red blushes aren't easy to find these days (soooo much pink/peach), so this palette is a boon to anyone looking for orange-toned reds to add to their collection.

Heads up - the Flame palette is the most likely to contain dupes of you already have an extensive Sleek blush collection. Details in shade descriptions below.

Left to right:

Furnace - this color is apparently a dupe for Sleek's single blush in Coral. This is a warm, muted, mid-toned, soft brown toned orange that works well as an everyday warm shade for me (no muddiness). It has some sparkles that don't come through distinctly on the skin. It doesn't pick up quite as easily as Sleek's shimmer shades do, but blends out fine. I wear this regularly and classify it as a warm-nude type blush for me.

Bon Fire - I believe this may be a dupe for Sleek's (now discontinued?) Scandalous which was reportedly a dupe for Nars' Exhibit A. It also looks similar to UD's orange-red blush. This is a fully pigmented, matte, full on orange-red. It's very clear toned, and is a bit powdery in the pan like most Sleek mattes. Great for an intense pop of color when used lightly (this pan will last foreeeeevaaah!)

Molten - this is pretty much identical to Lantern from the Pumpkin blush palette. I do have them both and there is no appreciable difference on the cheeks. This is a smooth, shimmery, darker orange-leaning red with a beautiful golden sheen. Richly pigmented, it blends out gorgeously.

The colors are all very do-able on me (pale yellow/olive), used with care. Tap LIGHTLY - and blend well - very pigmented. They can also kick up powder easily if you tap too hard (easy easy) - mostly Furnace an Bon Fire. You can dip into a powder like Reserve Your Cabana if the two reds look a bit intimidating before dipping in, it will soften and help the matte shade (Bon Fire) blend better.

The packaging is plain black and sturdy, I only wish there was some sort of outward identification as to the included shades without flipping them over (I'm getting a lot of these black palettes now.)

I doubt I'll ever need to repurchase, you need so little product, and there is so much included. I am in Canada and had no problem ordering directly from Sleek's website.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Really nice collection of reds great pigmentation. Use a light hand when applying. Very pretty and gives a nice flush to cheeks. This will last a long time. Will be buying other color trios also.

on 12/21/2015 9:40:00 AM

Theoretically, Sleek blushes should be great; they have amazing colour selection and they are super pigmented. But I think therein lies the problem. See, the formula of these blushes are very stiff and hard to blend (depending on the brush you use, some will even apply unevenly but that would be mainly the brush's fault); so because they are very pigmented, when you put it on the face, sometimes there will just be a blob sitting there and it won't blend away!

I've found that I have to use a very loose brush or a fan brush to make it work and that's just pointless for me when I have other blushes that require less effort.

on 7/17/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome blushes! Very pigmented and look good on my fair/medium skin. I have to apply very lightly, but I can see this looking wonderful on soooo many skin types. It would look exceptional on deeper skin tones! Don't be afraid to try this. You can also use the blushers in this compact as eyeshadows. I have had a lot of success using them in that way.

This was part of my first purchase from Sleek Makeup and it will not be my last. I will definitely purchase more of their blushers and eyeshadow sets! Check out this wonderful U.K. brand friends in the States. It is very reasonably priced and has some very cool products. Can't wait to try more! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Get it when you spot it! The price point is something like buying two blushes and getting one free! Lovely. All three colors are extremely smooth and pigmented and not powdery or chalky at all. But you have to remember to apply with a careful hand. I use the Real Techniques blush brush for extra sheer application. One is corally with golden shimmer, one a matte bright orange-red and one a slightly softer orange-red with golden shimmer.

I absolutely love this blush palette. It has become the only blush that I use anymore. The colors are very intense and extremely pigmented. The texture is smooth and they all apply evenly. With these the only thing I have to say is blend, blend blend. Since they are all very bright and pigmented colors sometimes they can come off very clownish if you do not blend correctly. The matte red is the perfect cheek color for my complexion and I have not been able to find another like it.