Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

3.7

Water (Eau), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Triheptanoin, Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Lecithin, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax Polyglyceryl–3 Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Distarch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Galactoarabinan, Xanthan Gum, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10–30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Gluceptate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

on 6/14/2017 8:56:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample of this in a kit from Sephora.

Honestly, I did not want to like this. I think the product smells really bad. I've collected perfumes most of my life and know my roses, and this one is not the sweet, watery, fluffy kind I like. It's more of what could be called a tea rose in perfumery, sour, sharp and heady. Worst of all the fragrance in here is really strong...and it is yuck.

But lord almighty, I can't deny that when I used this product I woke up in the morning with my skin looking all kinds of amazing. I didn't really notice it with my first use, it could be I wasn't paying attention. But this morning I woke up and DAYUM. My skin was glowing, bright, and my skin tone looked more even. I know it's probably impossible, but I swear my acne marks faded a bit as well. I had been avoiding using this because 1) the smell and 2) it doesn't feel like a thick luxe cream like I like. But this stuff absorbs really well, and I have to admit at least in the summer I am not feeling dry at all after using it despite it being thin to me.

This is on my short list to repurchase.

on 5/21/2017 11:15:00 PM

This product makes my face radiant upon waking. It does exactly what it says it's going to do.
Love, and will definitely purchase again when I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When i first used it,i got very dissapointed,but now i see a big difference on my skin. It lightened my dark spots and freckles and made my skin glow. It is heavy enough for my oily skin but doesnt clog my pores.

on 1/13/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had the sample size of this (that comes in the set) which I used for dare I say almost a year, and used every last drop. I recently bought the full size because I just loved it that much.

I have dry, sensitive skin, and find that this really hydrates my skin and doesn't cause any irritation. I notice a subtle warm feeling when I use it which I kind of like - I feel like it means it's working. The scent, as many people have mentioned, is very strong, but I happen to like it.

I think this is a great cream - and I use it nightly. I find that it does brighten my skin. I do have to wash it off in the morning pretty thoroughly as it leaves my face feeling slick when wet. I wish it was a bit cheaper, and I sort of wish it came with a pump (for hygiene purposes), although the souffle like texture wouldn't really work in that form. A little goes a long way and this stuff lasts forever, so for that reason I'm ok shelling out $50 for it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does a good job plumping up skin overnight and giving it a healthy glow. Sinks right into my dry skin without greasiness.

However, smells VERY strongly - rose and something else I can't put my finger on. I don't generally care a whole lot about fragrance one way or the other, but in this case it's a deal breaker. Overwhelming and headache-inducing.

on 6/4/2016 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a generous sample of this is my Sephora May Play box and was eager to try it out due to the smell alone: I LOVE rose scents, and this one is beautiful. However, this product is too heavy for my normal skin, especially during the humidity of a midwest summer. I might have been a little overzealous on my application, but I feel like it sat on my skin during the night and didn't absorb very well. My skin did feel smooth in the morning, but I didn't notice any real improvements in texture, and it felt a bit greasy too. I usually just splash some water on my face and moisturize in the a.m., but I ended up using my Boscia gel cleanser to get rid of the greasy feeling -- no bueno.

My HG-forever-to-the-moon-and-back night cream is the Alpha Hydrox 10% glycolic stuff, so I'm not really in the market for a new night cream...but trying new things is fun, so yeah. I will use the rest of the Korres product up as a rich hand cream for nighttime -- I work with my hands all day and they get beat up, so this is a really nice luxury. I would recommend this product to people with dry, uneven skin who don't mind a heavily-scented night cream (I can still smell it on my pillowcase 3 days later!). I might give this product another go sometime, possibly for traveling as that dry plane air wreaks havoc on my skin, or in my later years as my skin dries up (which I predict it will), but I won't be purchasing a full size of this anytime soon.

on 5/21/2016 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this sleeping facial now for about 1 year. I work late once a week and when I get home I don't want to fuss around with my usually skin regimen. I cleanse with philosophy purity, pat face dry and apply this sleeping facial.

My skin is soft and seems refreshed in the morning. Does not cause acne breakouts. If used once a week the full size jar last for months. Apply sparingly and not like a mask for best results.

Only thing is the fragrance is pretty strong. Wears off overnight. I love this overnight facial.

on 3/11/2016 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It's not subtle. This is loaded with ascorbic acid. You can tell by the subtle fragrance underneath the rose. Because of that, some may have a bad reaction or a purging process for a couple of weeks. My skin bypassed that because I'm used to using Vitamin-C serum. I just had brighter, more even, and plumper skin every morning after using this. I use this about twice a week. I layer a generous amount. It doesn't feel greasy but noticeably moisturizes my skin and dries down to a very slightly tacky finish. Unfortunately, I can't use silicone based products with it otherwise all my skincare balls right off my face. As for the scent: It's very fragranced but the rose at least smells natural and earthy. If you're even slightly sensitive to scent or dislike anything rose just call it a day and avoid this. As for me, I'll keep repurchasing.

on 2/10/2016 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is so hyped by bloggers in my country, and unfortunately it doesn't live up to the expectations this creates. On me it acted like a run of the mill night cream. I saw no remarkable change or improvement. I have plenty of it left because I bought it twice in a set along with my very much loved Wild Rose Serum (set was actually cheaper than the serum alone) and I guess I'll use it up, but I wouldn't buy this otherwise.

on 11/22/2015 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this in a set that came with the 24 hour cream and the 2 step peel. I really wanted to like this and had been lemming it for over a year. I'm absolutely not sensitive to fragrance and I love the smell of rose. Just about anything rose is a winner in my book. Before I get into the cream, I'll say the 2 step peel is amazing.

I'm not sure what it is about this cream, but I'm beginning to HATE it. I've had it for about 6-8 months and I'm trying to force myself to use this and the 24 hour cream up. I can say one thing for sure, if you are sensitive to fragrance, or don't usually care for fragrance for personal reasons, skip right on over this. The smell is practically nauseating to me.

It does provide great moisture and it never has caused me to break out. I like this better than the 24 hour cream because it absorbs fast and is not greasy. However, it does nothing special at all. I'm usually not hard to please, I don't expect miracles or anything, but this cream is just meh. It's supposed to be brightening, but I haven't witnessed any major improvements.

I guess my final verdict is this: For the practically non existent benefits of this, the smell is way too much and the price is too much to justify it. It's like rubbing perfume on your face. It gets in my mouth and it irritates me beyond belief, no matter how hard I try to keep it away from my lips. It's like it permeates everything within a foot. If this cream was unscented, which I imagine would be completely possible, I would probably really like it. It's not unscented though, and the obnoxious fragrance destroys a good product.

Just for reference, I've been on a no buy because my skin care collection got out of control. I've been slowly working through my stash and these products were the last to finish because I couldn't stand them that much. I broke down and ordered some new stuff this week, and as soon as I get my goodies, I'm banning this stuff to hand cream until it's finally gone.

**Update**
Okay, here's the deal, everything I said before stands true. But... now that it is suddenly 10 degrees F/ -12 C where I live my skin got D.R.Y. like, wow dry :(. While I've been doing my nightly routine I've been ever so slightly disappointed with what I have left in my SC arsenal, feeling like I need something richer. I dipped back into this. It's moisturizing, but I didn't deny that before. I wish this was fragrance free, I really truly do :(. I'm going to buy something richer to use, but for now, I'm reluctantly using this to help battle the flakies. I did however bump up my rating since I obviously returned to this product even though I'm not the biggest fan. If the scent doesn't bother you, I'm sure you'd be very happy with this.