Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

3.7

Water (Eau), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Triheptanoin, Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Lecithin, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax Polyglyceryl–3 Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Distarch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Galactoarabinan, Xanthan Gum, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10–30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Gluceptate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this thinking it was a face mask. Well it isn't. It's just a thick night creme. The texture of the cream is quite "hard". The cream smells fine, faintly like rose, but definitely not overwhelming. This leaves my skin so soft the next day! When I wake up my skin is so much smoother, and the small bumps on my face (possibly keratosis pilaris) have almost disappeared!

The packaging is nice, though it is in a jar so it's a little unsanitary, but it doesn't really bother me. The jar is heavy so it feels very luxurious.

Love this product and would definitely recommend if you're dealing with any kind of texture!

on 7/28/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got it from Debenhams at half price for £13 (it was 4 months before its expiry date). I tried searching for the one in the picture but it seemed like it's now called Wild Rose Advanced Sleeping Facial instead of Wild Rose + Vitamin C.

It has a soft texture that melts right into my skin and makes my skin feel moisturized and soft until I wash it off in the morning. A fingertip amount would be enough to cover my face and neck, this 40mL would last me at least 3 months. As I massage it into my face it did nothing, maybe due to the massage my skin would look a bit flushed, nothing major worth noting. The smell lingers on for HOURS so anyone who cannot take the smell may dislike it. I like it personally so I do not mind at all, I actually find it relaxing and not overwhelming. The magic only shows in the morning - it brightened up my face, evened my skin tone, and made me look fresh even when I'm tired. At first I thought it was just one of those "good skin days" but after using it for 3 weeks and realizing this is the only thing I added to my routine, I am quite sure this is the one. There is a visible difference for sure.
I probably would not repurchase for its full price very happily, but will forever repurchase whenever there is a discount, even if it wouldn't be as cheap as £13.

I am looking forward to using it in winter to see if it moisturizes enough for my dry skin.

on 6/14/2017 8:56:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample of this in a kit from Sephora.

Honestly, I did not want to like this. I think the product smells really bad. I've collected perfumes most of my life and know my roses, and this one is not the sweet, watery, fluffy kind I like. It's more of what could be called a tea rose in perfumery, sour, sharp and heady. Worst of all the fragrance in here is really strong...and it is yuck.

But lord almighty, I can't deny that when I used this product I woke up in the morning with my skin looking all kinds of amazing. I didn't really notice it with my first use, it could be I wasn't paying attention. But this morning I woke up and DAYUM. My skin was glowing, bright, and my skin tone looked more even. I know it's probably impossible, but I swear my acne marks faded a bit as well. I had been avoiding using this because 1) the smell and 2) it doesn't feel like a thick luxe cream like I like. But this stuff absorbs really well, and I have to admit at least in the summer I am not feeling dry at all after using it despite it being thin to me.

This is on my short list to repurchase.

on 5/21/2017 11:15:00 PM

This product makes my face radiant upon waking. It does exactly what it says it's going to do.
Love, and will definitely purchase again when I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When i first used it,i got very dissapointed,but now i see a big difference on my skin. It lightened my dark spots and freckles and made my skin glow. It is heavy enough for my oily skin but doesnt clog my pores.

on 1/13/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had the sample size of this (that comes in the set) which I used for dare I say almost a year, and used every last drop. I recently bought the full size because I just loved it that much.

I have dry, sensitive skin, and find that this really hydrates my skin and doesn't cause any irritation. I notice a subtle warm feeling when I use it which I kind of like - I feel like it means it's working. The scent, as many people have mentioned, is very strong, but I happen to like it.

I think this is a great cream - and I use it nightly. I find that it does brighten my skin. I do have to wash it off in the morning pretty thoroughly as it leaves my face feeling slick when wet. I wish it was a bit cheaper, and I sort of wish it came with a pump (for hygiene purposes), although the souffle like texture wouldn't really work in that form. A little goes a long way and this stuff lasts forever, so for that reason I'm ok shelling out $50 for it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does a good job plumping up skin overnight and giving it a healthy glow. Sinks right into my dry skin without greasiness.

However, smells VERY strongly - rose and something else I can't put my finger on. I don't generally care a whole lot about fragrance one way or the other, but in this case it's a deal breaker. Overwhelming and headache-inducing.

on 6/4/2016 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a generous sample of this is my Sephora May Play box and was eager to try it out due to the smell alone: I LOVE rose scents, and this one is beautiful. However, this product is too heavy for my normal skin, especially during the humidity of a midwest summer. I might have been a little overzealous on my application, but I feel like it sat on my skin during the night and didn't absorb very well. My skin did feel smooth in the morning, but I didn't notice any real improvements in texture, and it felt a bit greasy too. I usually just splash some water on my face and moisturize in the a.m., but I ended up using my Boscia gel cleanser to get rid of the greasy feeling -- no bueno.

My HG-forever-to-the-moon-and-back night cream is the Alpha Hydrox 10% glycolic stuff, so I'm not really in the market for a new night cream...but trying new things is fun, so yeah. I will use the rest of the Korres product up as a rich hand cream for nighttime -- I work with my hands all day and they get beat up, so this is a really nice luxury. I would recommend this product to people with dry, uneven skin who don't mind a heavily-scented night cream (I can still smell it on my pillowcase 3 days later!). I might give this product another go sometime, possibly for traveling as that dry plane air wreaks havoc on my skin, or in my later years as my skin dries up (which I predict it will), but I won't be purchasing a full size of this anytime soon.

on 5/21/2016 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this sleeping facial now for about 1 year. I work late once a week and when I get home I don't want to fuss around with my usually skin regimen. I cleanse with philosophy purity, pat face dry and apply this sleeping facial.

My skin is soft and seems refreshed in the morning. Does not cause acne breakouts. If used once a week the full size jar last for months. Apply sparingly and not like a mask for best results.

Only thing is the fragrance is pretty strong. Wears off overnight. I love this overnight facial.

on 3/11/2016 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It's not subtle. This is loaded with ascorbic acid. You can tell by the subtle fragrance underneath the rose. Because of that, some may have a bad reaction or a purging process for a couple of weeks. My skin bypassed that because I'm used to using Vitamin-C serum. I just had brighter, more even, and plumper skin every morning after using this. I use this about twice a week. I layer a generous amount. It doesn't feel greasy but noticeably moisturizes my skin and dries down to a very slightly tacky finish. Unfortunately, I can't use silicone based products with it otherwise all my skincare balls right off my face. As for the scent: It's very fragranced but the rose at least smells natural and earthy. If you're even slightly sensitive to scent or dislike anything rose just call it a day and avoid this. As for me, I'll keep repurchasing.