Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Not bad at all, for an inexpensive gel eyeliner! Pros: I found that it had decent pigmentation, easy to apply, lasting power that is quite long, true black color that stands out nicely, and smooth consistency. Cons: The applicator is okay and easy to use, but not the greatest for creating a more dramatic look. I tend to substitute the applicator and use an eyeliner brush in its place for more precision when drawing a thicker line. That seems to do the trick though. The product lasts a really long time. A decent buy, overall. Can't beat the price.

The best eyeliner gel I ever used, I tried lots of them and no one compares to this one . I tried all the colors they have, all off them great. The gel is smooth and stays for all day long . I use an extra thin brush.

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I hate to post bad reviews :( but this one broke me out and made my eye swell bad and it made my eye itch. I love rimmel makeup have their eyeshadow sets.

on 10/24/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really liked it at first,but after 3 months it has started drying out. The price is great, and I do suggest it if you have a low budget. It's really opaque and doesn't smear even though my face is oily. Overall, it's ok, great for its price!

on 6/6/2015 3:51:00 PM

I've had mine for a few months now, it hasn't dried up yet so I'm happy with that. The eyeliner itself is pretty creamy and easy to apply; a little bit goes a LONG way.

The brush that it comes with could be better, but I'm too lazy to find a decent one (I hear good things about ELF's angled brush though!) so I guess I'll deal with it.

It has a really strong staying power, and a REALLY bold colour (I got the one in black). Normally, I set this with some powder and I don't use primer, and it doesn't budge one bit! Some people say that this isn't waterproof. I tested this in the shower and sleeping with it on (once); no smudges, nothing. Not sure how it'll hold up in the summer but I'm really happy with mine!

I got this on sale for super cheap, so it was definitely worth it.

on 4/22/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used this product quite a while ago, but had to through it out because it dried out. Granted, I was able to use it for almost a year, but in the end, it didn't hold up. It has good pigmentation, doesn't streak and has a nice rich black colour. I wouldn't call this liner waterproof, as it easily comes off when I was off my makeup.

The packaging of this product is done really well, as the brush that comes with it is a good size and shape and is relatively easy to use. I didn't even use up the product even when I applied it almost everyday for months. I always have problems with cream/gel eyeliners bleeding into the outer corners of my eyes, and it did happen with this product. It doesn't bother me too much, because it can easily be wiped off. It may be helpful to set the liner with eye shadow.

I'm on the fence of whether I would repurchase this product or not. I really did like it, but I feel like there are better products out there. I'm currently using the e.l.f. cream eyeliner and it's half the price, but has the same (if not better) result. I'd recommend that one over this. I'd repurchase this in a pinch, but I don't find it stocked in the stores anymore. Overall, I really loved the packaging and thought it was a good quality, but I've found better.

on 11/25/2014 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is probably the worst eyeliner I've tried.
It claims to be waterproof, when in reallity it's not even smudge-proof. if you touch your eye just slightly it will smudge and rub off. It has no staying power what so ever, i don't understand how Rimmel can release such product, it's just embarasing.

on 7/16/2014 2:09:00 AM

When I used this for the first time it was ok. After the the second use my eyes were extremely irritated and the next day it puffed up to the point of me being unable to open them up. This came such a shock to me as this is the first time ever in my life I've reacted badly to anything. At first I wasn't sure that this was the product that made be irritated so I tested everything I used on my eye that day on my jawline. Nothing came up. On the the third time I used this gel liner I noticed it irritating my eyes immediately and despite giving that eye a thorough clean I had a 'red liner' on my eye where I used the product for 2 days after. I found this gel liner irritating only on my eye which is where it's meant to be used =_='.

This aside the pros were:
- intense opaque colour (mine was black)
- smooth gel was easy to use
- brush was ok, relatively easy to use even with my tiny tiny lid space
- compact, great for travelling

Cons:
- Big negative for me is I was allergic to it if I used it on the eye area. Can't really use anywhere else.....
- took long to dry
- not smudge proof, especially in summer or your lids get oily. It will not stay.

on 6/30/2014 8:02:00 AM

This transfers to above my crease which I absolutely hate. Definitely not waterproof!

on 6/20/2014 5:17:00 PM

I think that this is one of the best eyeliners I have ever used honestly. It stays on until I want to take it off and it doesn't run. It is easy to apply and I love the mini eyeliner brush that comes with it. Overall I really don't have any complaints, hope this helped!!