Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favorite foundation. A semi-matte/yet luminous finish. My skin looks like skin but better when I wear this foundation. My only complaint is that you do need to moisturize well before applying this product. May cling to dry patches. This foundation may not suite those with dry skin. So be careful!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Getting ready to purchase my third bottle! Pros, 4.5 color suits me very well and manages to make my skin look nice. It's very thin but has a medium coverage which lasts me 12 hours. Gives a perfected natural look. No enhancing wrinkles. Cons price, and it will enhance dry patches so need to exfoliate and moisturizer well. For me a holy grail. In summer I do mix with maestro glow 4 which is darker and glowier for a summery look.
6/19/17 h
Haven't used this in months as I thought it was too dry for me now, but Loving this all over again as the summer heats up. Wears so well for me, needs no touch up and doesn't melt. Thinking of getting another bottle but if I can get make what I have last I will because as soon as the sun goes down I'll be looking for my next love!

on 3/10/2017 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think this is my favourite foundation so far. It's just so light and airy and leaves the perfect matte but not overly matte look. I definitely enjoy this way more with a primer underneath, specifically the Becca ever matte otherwise I find that I get oily quick even though I'm not really that oily. Another plus is that the best method of application is which my fingers

on 2/16/2017 3:24:00 AM

This foundation is the holy grail for those that cant stand anything on their face and need medium to sheer coverage, like a better version of their skin.
Over the years I have purchased more around 10-12 foundations from the cheap drugstore ones, to the high end ones and they're all sitting full (and expired) on a shelf. I have a combo/T-zone oily skin and I am not the person who will spend a lot of time applying primers and moisturizers before the foundation itself, as I am lazy and would rather spend this time in extra minutes walking the dog or oversleeping, but first and foremost I can't stand the feeling of having anything on my face. Many layers of products and the foundation & powder on top of them, is my nightmare. I do use the Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer, but only for the nose part.
I have been having my eye on this foundation for more than 1,5 year. This would be my last and ultimate effort in search of the right foundation and the last money I would spend. I'm glad I decided to spend 57eur on this one, as it came up to be the only foundation I can stand using and covers my needs. It has medium to sheer coverage, and would not satisfy people who need a good coverage effect. It applies very well, but I would suggest you rather use a firm flat brush instead of the sponge, as it applies way better and minimizes the cake effect. Actually, I have not noticed any cake effect for the 10 hours I am wearing this, so this is another plus. I like to finish it with a translucent powder, as it really gives this nice matte look and doesn't change my natural color to some orangey, yellowish hue. I am going for a very natural look, a better version of my skin, and would rather have some red spots here and there showing, so if you need compete coverage, again... the GA Fusion is not for you.
I didn't find it hard to apply and it doesn't set as quickly as some other users have written, but then again it all depends on how much time you spend doing your make up.
The bottle is a potential deal beaker, I don't like the fact that I have to wipe the fluid (the texture is very liquidy) of the pipette with my finger and the bottle stays open for as long as I'm applying it on my face. I find the liquid formulas way much better for combo skin,that thick formulas. I have also purchased the Bourjois healthy Skin mix foundation, that has great reviews here and combo skin users swear by, but it definitely didn't work on my face, as I cant apply it well, it oxidizes and changes color during the day and will leave you oily pretty soon.
The FA Fusion holds very well during the day, let's be honest there's nothing you can do and no product launched yet that will give you flawless, matte look for the entire day, and I don't even apply more powder during the day. I just go with what I applied in the morning.
You need to have your skin moisturized before applying, but if you can't stand anything on your face just like me, I would suggest moisturizing the night before and washing your face well before applying the foundation. If you use a good moisturizer and you have combo/oily skin, your face should not be dry and flaky the next morning (probably, as every person is different).
No stains on your clothes or fingers, I touch my face all the time, and responds very well to sweat. Well moderate sweat I guess, I have not (and will not) tried it with 32C/90F, as I live in a hot Mediterranean country and would not want to look like a clown when it can get up to 40C/104F easily in the summer.
Overall, until they find the perfect formula for flawless, matte skin all day, this is the last foundation I will probably ever buy in my life. It is well worth the investment (VERY pricey) and if you're thinking going for a dupe or a similar one which promises the same results, I would recommend saving the money to buy the GA Fusion.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I felt compelled to buy this by the hype that surrounded this new liquid formula - owever the steep prive kept me hesitating for a white.
The formula is water like, that you need to control by a dropper. It is REALLY runny and you have to be fast fast fast in spreading & blending, before the volatile silicones evaporate and the foundation sets.
I normally apply this with my fingers and give a rapid blending with a clean soft kabuki brush.
That said, this is a foundation for good skin days, as it has a sheer coverage.
Of course, you can layer it, however you will still need lots of concealer.

The pros: gives a glowy finish, it feels like a feather to your skin (not heavy in the least), pigments are very forgiving (one shade adapts to various skintones), good for combo skin.

The cons: low coverage, not so easy to apply the dropper is annoying, super expensive, only for good skin days, not good for dry skins (the voaltile silicones will dry it up more).

I also tried the new version issued in 2016 (the one w/ sunscreen) but the result is practically the same.
A good foundation, but surely not my favourite one.

on 5/10/2016 5:05:00 AM

The texture of the formula is quite thin and also has good coverage. But since I stopped using it, I noticed that my skin does not get as many spots as it did with using this foundation. I will not buy this product again and am looking for a lightweight foundation for work purposes only.

I heard Charlotte Tilbury's Light wonder foundation is good so I will give that a try.

I hate the dropper applicator! I returned this to Nordstrom after a week of use. I came to Nordstrom wanting to buy the luminous silk, but was convinced by the sales associate that I should use the maestro since I am oily. I thought this would be a gem, but I hated it. It looked so weird on my skin. I used my fingers, as the sales associate said I must do for the best look. It didn't cover well for me and felt heavy, even though I used very little. I switched to Luminous Silk foundation and fell in love. Great color matches, but just not for me.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is damn expensive, and I have high expectation on this.
I like this product as it gives you natural semi matt look and it will gets healthy-dewy look at the end of the day. However, I don't think it gives you a great coverage, and i use a drops for the whole face rather than dots it directly on my face's sections. I would not repurchase this item as it is very pricey and wanted to try other products and prefer bb creams rather than foundation. hope this helps.

on 1/24/2015 8:11:00 AM

Pros:
- the best real skin texture to coverage foundation; most people can't even tell that you're even wearing foundation (achievement unlocked.)
- blends out easily with clean fingertips or a paddle foundation brush
- broad spectrum of shade ranges
- long lasting

Cons:
- luxury product (hence, the hefty price tag)
- can't depend on this as your spf (use a primer/spf beforehand, non-negotiable)
- it has fragrance
- lots of companies are now developing their own version of serum infused foundation, so this isn't something groundbreaking in 2015 (NARS, Laura Mercier has came up with their own versions), so it's easy to give this one a miss if it's not within your budget

Here's the deal breaker as to why I will absolutely never buy this again:
- I have seen dozens of serums that comes in the dropper form and being a chemist, this type of droppers typically has that weird rubbery smell that I can't stand over time, which kinds of astounds me as to why it wasn't in those click droppers and not squeeze droppers. Tsk.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after reading about it in an India Knight column. I like it and have bought it a second time already. I will say that I do not wear it during the day at work because air con and heating in an enclosed office seems to make all makeup cakey on me and I stick to the Bobbi Brown Tinted SPF 25 balm - but outside of the office, this stuff is lovely. It's very liquid in texture and looks like my skin, only better. Ive got pretty good skin (a bit red on the cheeks and slightly oily t-zone but no spots .... touch wood!) and don't need full coverage and I'd say it's medium but builds to full coverage easily. It leaves a semi-matte finish (I use it over Le Blamc de Chanel and a Chanel SPF if it's daytime) and I don't need powder at all. I think it cost me about 36 at Selfridges. You do have to blend fast. It comes in a glas bottle with a little pipette but packaging is never a priority for me as I am more concerned with what's inside. Took 1 lippie off because I did try it at the office, but to no avail.