Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Water/Eau/Aqua, Octafluoropentylmethacrylate (Polyfluoroester), Myristyl Alcohol, Polyacrylate-13, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Proponiate, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropionol, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

on 1/28/2017 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Really helps my style last longer!
I have very fine, sparse hair which is prone to oiliness. My hair wont hold a curl longer than half an hair and will go limp and flat- even with the best volume sprays.
This stuff is a game changer for me. If I curl my hair it will last most of the day. That's like freakin' wow unheard of for me. I usually just put a few curls through my hair (done with my ghd straightener) and curls at the bottom. So nothing major.
This is a nice, not-too-thick textured cream and spreads easily through my damp hair. Inoffensive smell that doesn't seem to linger. I only need a small dollop. This doesn't seem to add to my oiliness, weigh my hair down or make it dull.
Definitely worth trying out a sample of this stuff. I think this is a must-have product for every day styling or before special events to make sure your style lasts all day/night.

on 1/17/2017 11:19:00 AM

This product is a game changer. I went from having to wash my hair every day to or other day to only twice a week. And I live in the tropics! If I wanted to I could leave my hair unwashed for a all full week and it would be fine. I have never been able to do this. The product is expensive, but what it saves in time and the cost of other products more than makes up for it. When I used to wash my hair every day I used a lot more shampoo, conditioner, mousse etc. Now I go through my other products in a third of the time. A must try. I have been using it for over 1 year.

on 12/14/2016 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've bought this twice, and I don't know why. I'm sure it's a good product for those with fine, straight hair, but on my curly Jewish 3B mane it's a total dud. It doesn't really do anything, even if I straighten my hair, to hold shape, keep clean, hydrate, or defrizz. The big problem, though, is the scent. It smells very strongly of lemon, and the fragrance lasts forever, competing with my perfume. Normally I'm not bothered by this sort of thing if I like a product otherwise, but I really can't stand this product for that reason alone. If you're a curly girl looking for a silicone free heat protectant and don't mine reeking of lemon, you might like this in combination with other products, but sniff before buying. I would not repurchase and passed my bottle off to a family member.

on 11/11/2016 11:30:00 PM

As much as I wanted to like this product, I was not satisfied with Living Proof Prime Style Extender. My hair is highlighted, considered normal, not fine, not course. The product did not hold my style and my hair appeared dull, not shiny. I’ve used other products that work better for me. On the plus side, I am sensitive to fragrance and this did not bother me at all.

on 9/24/2016 5:30:00 PM

Prime Style Extender does what I wanted Bumble & Bumble's Don't Blow It (which I've also reviewed) to do for me: allow me to air dry my hair without it ending up a lifeless, frizzed-out mess.

I have very long, mostly straight hair of medium thickness with a slight wave. I don't like fussing with it and prefer air-drying because I'm lazy and it's far less damaging than heat styling. But if the weather isn't perfect, then my hair can end up looking limp and blah and frizzy. I also sometimes sleep on it when it's still damp, which can result in weird kinks when I wake up.

I used up a few sample packets of this stuff and was so impressed I got a full-sized tube. It's a light cream that isn't sticky and simply melts into hair. It has a very strong, lemony fragrance that I like (which is fortunate since it lingers).

I use a big blob, probably a tablespoonful, on very damp hair (after I take it out of my Aquis) and massage it in all over, including the roots. Then I use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the product evenly. Finally, I part my hair, clip away my bangs, and then just leave it to air-dry.

PSE leaves my hair feeling a lot airier than usual, which gives it more body and prevents the lank, air-dried look. But it doesn't give me that slightly puffy, freshly-washed look either. It's more like good, second day hair when the wavier texture pops out, but long before the greasies My hair also seems to dry a little more quickly than usual when I use this stuff.

The best part is that this extends my wash. I can get three full days of clean-looking and -feeling hair out of this (with some dry shampoo on the third day). Normally, my hair will look and feel very greasy by the third day.

The only thing PSE doesn't do is give me good lift/volume at the roots. I have a lot of hair that can weigh a lot of products down quickly. I put some Bumble & Bumble Texture in my roots and that takes care of the issue.

This is a new staple for me. I wish the cost were a little lower, but I can't complain too much since it works so well for me. Definite repurchase.

on 3/17/2016 2:50:00 PM

ok, it's not exactly a miracle worker, but it comes close. my hair is fine and straight with slight frizz. it tends to get oily very quickly at the roots and falls flat quickly. oh, and I'm the ultimate lazy girl -- despite all this, I still just air dry my hair and let it do what it will. I originally wanted to try this because of reviews that said it kept their hair cleaner longer. that wasn't the case for me at all, unfortunately (like I said, not a miracle worker). however, it's perfect for the lazy girl routine. I wash, towel dry, and rub some prime through my strands, and finally add a little something to the ends (whatever the flavor of the week is courtesy of birchbox), and I let it air dry as usual. when dry, my hair has transformed. rather than lazy girl, I swear it looks like I just left a salon and got a lovely bouncy blow dry. it is truly a sight to see. let's be honest, the next day, my hair doesn't look so hot, though. I usually put some dry shampoo or baby powder at the roots before bed and go the second day with what is very clearly lazy girl hair. I'm still in search of how to style my second day hair with a minimum of effort, but for my wash days, I'm all set with prime. I seriously love this stuff.

on 3/6/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff. I have thick long dark straight yet fine hair with long layers. I'm not really a hair person. I don't know how to do much with my hair other than wear it long and straight. All I usually do is blow dry it and use a round brush. This product gives me some extra body and puts some shape in my hair while I'm blowing drying it and then the body and shape remains all day. Usually even if I'm happy with my hair when I first dry it by about mid day it's already limp and lifeless. However the best part is that with this product my hair even looks good the day after I was it! That never happens for me. I don't try a lot of hair products because as I said I just don't get into spending much time or money on my hair, but I do have 2 other bumble and bumble styling products and I don't like either of them as much as I like this living proof product. I don't like the feel of having products built up in my hair and this feels light and natural It smells good and it works. I will repurchase for sure.

on 2/4/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

How does this stuff work so well?? It's really amazing that it can keep my fine hair looking clean after a couple days. I wasn't expecting much when I tried a sample of it, but it impressed me so much that I ended up buying a full bottle right away. I have long (bottom of shoulder blades) hair that's highlighted and fine, but I have tons of it and it's healthy. But it looks pretty lank and oily at the roots the second day, so I have to wash it every other day and it's never volumized or super great looking on Day 2. But this stuff makes my second day hair looks so fresh-- no oily roots or lank looking style. And when I run my hands through my hair it feels clean too, so it's not just a masking effect. I really love it!

I sometimes go three days without washing when I use this, but that's definitely a ponytail type of hair day since I do feel like I'm pushing it as far as cleanliness goes. I exercise almost every day so I feel a little worse for wear hair-wise if I don't wash frequently. But this stuff has just become a staple for keeping my hair looking good longer, and when I flat iron it or add waves it keeps everything intact too.

I like the lightweight texture and it doesn't make my hair crunchy or separated. The clear, gel consistency works with my hair's texture well and absorbs quickly. My only complaint with this would be the fragrance, which is true of this whole line for me. I avoided it for a long time because I find the scent so strong. I like fresh scents but the lemon/citronella fragrance seems sort of taste specific rather than generally appealing and reminds me of household cleaners. It fades quickly thankfully but I'm not a fan.

I can't go without this now and I'll repurchase it as long as they keep making it.

on 1/12/2016 6:29:00 AM

This truly changed the dynamic of my hair texture and ill be forever using it.

I tried this product when I was in Vegas this summer and it helped keep my hair matte and volumnized for two whole days before washing it. Normally I'd have to wash my hair everyday, but this has allowed me to go longer. I learned that heat application is crucial in infusing & distributing the product all over your hair and in the process it can be drying. This product doesnt provide heat protection ( i used the hotel dryer vs. a ion hair dryer ) The results are quite magical with patience and a round brush .

A+ packaging.
This tube lasts forever for me!

I don't get the love for this product at all. I can't tell it does anything.

Popular Styling Products