Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Water/Eau/Aqua, Octafluoropentylmethacrylate (Polyfluoroester), Myristyl Alcohol, Polyacrylate-13, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Proponiate, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropionol, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

on 3/17/2016 2:50:00 PM

ok, it's not exactly a miracle worker, but it comes close. my hair is fine and straight with slight frizz. it tends to get oily very quickly at the roots and falls flat quickly. oh, and I'm the ultimate lazy girl -- despite all this, I still just air dry my hair and let it do what it will. I originally wanted to try this because of reviews that said it kept their hair cleaner longer. that wasn't the case for me at all, unfortunately (like I said, not a miracle worker). however, it's perfect for the lazy girl routine. I wash, towel dry, and rub some prime through my strands, and finally add a little something to the ends (whatever the flavor of the week is courtesy of birchbox), and I let it air dry as usual. when dry, my hair has transformed. rather than lazy girl, I swear it looks like I just left a salon and got a lovely bouncy blow dry. it is truly a sight to see. let's be honest, the next day, my hair doesn't look so hot, though. I usually put some dry shampoo or baby powder at the roots before bed and go the second day with what is very clearly lazy girl hair. I'm still in search of how to style my second day hair with a minimum of effort, but for my wash days, I'm all set with prime. I seriously love this stuff.

on 3/6/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff. I have thick long dark straight yet fine hair with long layers. I'm not really a hair person. I don't know how to do much with my hair other than wear it long and straight. All I usually do is blow dry it and use a round brush. This product gives me some extra body and puts some shape in my hair while I'm blowing drying it and then the body and shape remains all day. Usually even if I'm happy with my hair when I first dry it by about mid day it's already limp and lifeless. However the best part is that with this product my hair even looks good the day after I was it! That never happens for me. I don't try a lot of hair products because as I said I just don't get into spending much time or money on my hair, but I do have 2 other bumble and bumble styling products and I don't like either of them as much as I like this living proof product. I don't like the feel of having products built up in my hair and this feels light and natural It smells good and it works. I will repurchase for sure.

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/4/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

How does this stuff work so well?? It's really amazing that it can keep my fine hair looking clean after a couple days. I wasn't expecting much when I tried a sample of it, but it impressed me so much that I ended up buying a full bottle right away. I have long (bottom of shoulder blades) hair that's highlighted and fine, but I have tons of it and it's healthy. But it looks pretty lank and oily at the roots the second day, so I have to wash it every other day and it's never volumized or super great looking on Day 2. But this stuff makes my second day hair looks so fresh-- no oily roots or lank looking style. And when I run my hands through my hair it feels clean too, so it's not just a masking effect. I really love it!

I sometimes go three days without washing when I use this, but that's definitely a ponytail type of hair day since I do feel like I'm pushing it as far as cleanliness goes. I exercise almost every day so I feel a little worse for wear hair-wise if I don't wash frequently. But this stuff has just become a staple for keeping my hair looking good longer, and when I flat iron it or add waves it keeps everything intact too.

I like the lightweight texture and it doesn't make my hair crunchy or separated. The clear, gel consistency works with my hair's texture well and absorbs quickly. My only complaint with this would be the fragrance, which is true of this whole line for me. I avoided it for a long time because I find the scent so strong. I like fresh scents but the lemon/citronella fragrance seems sort of taste specific rather than generally appealing and reminds me of household cleaners. It fades quickly thankfully but I'm not a fan.

I can't go without this now and I'll repurchase it as long as they keep making it.

on 1/12/2016 6:29:00 AM

This truly changed the dynamic of my hair texture and ill be forever using it.

I tried this product when I was in Vegas this summer and it helped keep my hair matte and volumnized for two whole days before washing it. Normally I'd have to wash my hair everyday, but this has allowed me to go longer. I learned that heat application is crucial in infusing & distributing the product all over your hair and in the process it can be drying. This product doesnt provide heat protection ( i used the hotel dryer vs. a ion hair dryer ) The results are quite magical with patience and a round brush .

A+ packaging.
This tube lasts forever for me!

I don't get the love for this product at all. I can't tell it does anything.

on 11/18/2015 4:45:00 PM

I'm of mixed opinions on this product. On the one hand, it really does keep hair clean longer. I have no idea how it does it, but it really does seem to repel the accumulation of dirt, oil, and skin particles. It also smells amazing, and it doesn't take very much product to see results. Your hair will look fantastic the day after you wash it. Normally I wash my hair every day, and this allowed me to go every other day.

On the other hand, this did absolutely nothing to tame blow dryer-induced frizz. There's only so many products I can goop in my hair, and I would really like whatever treatment I put in my hair when it's damp to help out with frizz, as that's my main hair concern.

I did end up repurchasing this, but I did so at Marshall's so I didn't have to pay full price. I don't think I'd shell out for it at full price.

on 11/18/2015 12:14:00 PM

I initially thought this was a really reat product-- because I have very fine hair and most styling creams of this type are way too heavy in my hair and weigh it down.

This product is super light weight and fool proof. I LOVE living proof as a whole because I feel like their stuff really caters to fine, Limp hair when most styling products really don't..

The thing is I notice this really makes a minimal difference in priming my hair or extending a style/controlling frizz. PHD is light years better and phd also has a heat protectent

In short I only reach for prime style extender on days I am staying home and not really going out. I think it mildly contributes to adding shape and volume and maybe controls my oily scalp a bit-- by a bit I mean a BIT-- like its a little better than nothing

Phd much more effective

on 11/18/2015 11:48:00 AM

This does extend your style, but not enough to warrant the price. ON humid days my fine hair loses the style as usual. I bought this product to help keep the style and prevent frizz on humid days, which it doesn't do, so it's a fail for me. The smell is overwhelming, even if you like it at first. My room smells like citrus the entire day.

on 11/16/2015 2:36:00 PM

I am super impressed with this stuff. I have medium length hair of medium thickness and work somewhere between a dime and quarter size dollop over all my hair, roots and bangs even. Never had an issue with it weighing my hair down or making it look greasy. I notice a huge difference in my hair, particularly after blow drying. Normally, my hair would be quite poufy and I would need to spend a good 10 minutes straightening it and I could never seem to get my bangs to straighten properly or stay straight throughout the day. But after using this, my hair is so much more sleek after blow drying and I only have to run though a few parts of it with my flat iron. My bangs are definitely easier to style as well. Less wild to begin with and they actually stay straight throughout the day. My hair is also super soft and shiny and the product seems to help with static, which is fantastic. I really have no complaints. It is a little pricey but it's the best hair product I've used so it's worth it to me. I really love the black packaging as well, very nice.
I urge anyone who doesn't notice a difference using this to experiment with the amount you're using. The first few times I used it, I only used a tiny bit and mostly just on my ends and didn't notice much at all. But once I started using more product and actually worked it through ALL of my hair (including roots), that's when I realized how amazing it was and saw a huge difference in my hair. This stuff is really lightweight. I have even applied what I thought was too much to my bangs (which were only slightly damp) and they were still not weighed down or greasy looking whatsoever.

on 11/7/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is one of my 3 top products of all time. Like others say, it is indeed hard to describe what it does. It is like a very, VERY lightweight leave-in conditioner/gel combo and it also extends the time between shampoos. I hate the feeling of product in my hair but this is just perfect, not heavy at all.

These are the benefits for my fine, caucasian hair: noticeable softness, less frizz and fly-aways, one extra day of clean-looking hair (I normally wash every 3 days but with this the second day looks like the first day, the third day like the second, and so on), and a very, very like hold that's less "hold" and more "manageability". I also had a friend stay with me and use this product after shampoo. Her hair is very processed and straw-like (years of coloring from medium brown to blonde) so she normally puts it up because it just doesn't look that lively when she wears it down, but after using this, she went a whole day without putting her hair up and was amazed at the softness.

Lastly, a little goes a long way. Don't get me wrong, it's still an expensive product but at least it works and doesn't get spent down too quickly.