78%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Absolute yes for me! My hair type: Medium length, super thin and fine and cannot hold a style for the life of me. I use this on damp hair from the roots down. This makes my blowout, waves, curls, or whatever I decide to do last 3 times as long and be just as pretty on the 3rd day as it was on the 1st. Worth the price for sure, in my opinion.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Love, love, love this product and it does just what it says. I color my hair and don't need to wash it every day...this product keeps the style...I don't do anything but comb my hair in the morning. I have shoulder length hair and I do put it up in a pony tail when I sleep...that just makes it fuller on top!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Claim to prolong styling and to be suitable for all hair types. My hair is dry, fine and frizzy and the single thing it does to my hair is making it kind of drier the second day, but also less frizzy. It has a very pleasant smell and no greasy awesome texture, it's a pleasure to use. It doesn't help my curly styles stay curly longer, it doesn't help my straightened hair stay straight the next day. I used it to air dry my hair and instead of my usual voluminous waves, I ended up with some limp second-day dry looking no volume messy hair. I like that it keeps frizz at the bay and will continue to use it.

About reviewer (638 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Humidity sends my fine hair into frizz and cowlicks. Tried products like Frizz Ease in the past that did nothing but weigh my hair down. A trip to Florida prompted a mad dash to find something that helps. Tried this (which lists weather proofing on the label) and Garnier Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk. Both worked well but not perfectly, which far exceeded my expectations. The Living Proof creme has a nice scent. Didn't do anything to make my hair look better a day after washing. Based on price, will buy the Garnier product again.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I'm not sure what to make of this. If I combine it with Bumble and Bumble Texture UnDressing cream, I love the results. Combined with other products, or alone...I don't see much difference, either in style-extending or oiliness. I really wanted to love it, and based on the description (and reviews) I thought I would.I haven't used this and let my hair air-dry, however. I will try this now that summer is here and edit my review accordingly. But as far as blow drying goes, I just don't think it makes much difference with my (fine, highlighted, naturally wavy--yet straightened by round brush) hair. EDIT: 24/7/17 I tried this as an air dry solution and really like it! Thanks to a previous review, and not getting much results from blow drying with it, I worked a quarter sized amount through my hair and let it air dry. I hit my hair with some heat at the very end to give it volume and smooth the ends and am satisfied. My hair looked full and sexy and lasted more than a day (if i air dry generally my hair falls flat and gets oily quickly) In fact I like this much more than the Bumble and Bumble Air Dry creme! Added a lippie, from 3 to 4.

About reviewer (329 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Definitely worth buying. I'm using it with PhD line, so I don't know about its standalone performance, but I made me free from morning retouching. Brush my hair and ready to go. It looks like milky, creamy gel, but sinks beautifully and keep my wavy, frizz-prone hair in top condition till next wash. It sometimes happens, during humidity, the my end goes puffy. But it needs just to smooth it with my hands and the situation is back to normal ;)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

3 years ago

Really helps my style last longer! I have very fine, sparse hair which is prone to oiliness. My hair wont hold a curl longer than half an hair and will go limp and flat- even with the best volume sprays. This stuff is a game changer for me. If I curl my hair it will last most of the day. That's like freakin' wow unheard of for me. I usually just put a few curls through my hair (done with my ghd straightener) and curls at the bottom. So nothing major. This is a nice, not-too-thick textured cream and spreads easily through my damp hair. Inoffensive smell that doesn't seem to linger. I only need a small dollop. This doesn't seem to add to my oiliness, weigh my hair down or make it dull. Definitely worth trying out a sample of this stuff. I think this is a must-have product for every day styling or before special events to make sure your style lasts all day/night.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This product is a game changer. I went from having to wash my hair every day to or other day to only twice a week. And I live in the tropics! If I wanted to I could leave my hair unwashed for a all full week and it would be fine. I have never been able to do this. The product is expensive, but what it saves in time and the cost of other products more than makes up for it. When I used to wash my hair every day I used a lot more shampoo, conditioner, mousse etc. Now I go through my other products in a third of the time. A must try. I have been using it for over 1 year.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBrown

2.0

3 years ago

I've bought this twice, and I don't know why. I'm sure it's a good product for those with fine, straight hair, but on my curly Jewish 3B mane it's a total dud. It doesn't really do anything, even if I straighten my hair, to hold shape, keep clean, hydrate, or defrizz. The big problem, though, is the scent. It smells very strongly of lemon, and the fragrance lasts forever, competing with my perfume. Normally I'm not bothered by this sort of thing if I like a product otherwise, but I really can't stand this product for that reason alone. If you're a curly girl looking for a silicone free heat protectant and don't mine reeking of lemon, you might like this in combination with other products, but sniff before buying. I would not repurchase and passed my bottle off to a family member.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

2.0

3 years ago

As much as I wanted to like this product, I was not satisfied with Living Proof Prime Style Extender. My hair is highlighted, considered normal, not fine, not course. The product did not hold my style and my hair appeared dull, not shiny. I’ve used other products that work better for me. On the plus side, I am sensitive to fragrance and this did not bother me at all.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination