Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Water/Eau/Aqua, Octafluoropentylmethacrylate (Polyfluoroester), Myristyl Alcohol, Polyacrylate-13, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Proponiate, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropionol, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

on 6/17/2017 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Humidity sends my fine hair into frizz and cowlicks. Tried products like Frizz Ease in the past that did nothing but weigh my hair down. A trip to Florida prompted a mad dash to find something that helps. Tried this (which lists weather proofing on the label) and Garnier Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk. Both worked well but not perfectly, which far exceeded my expectations. The Living Proof creme has a nice scent. Didn't do anything to make my hair look better a day after washing. Based on price, will buy the Garnier product again.

on 6/7/2017 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure what to make of this. If I combine it with Bumble and Bumble Texture UnDressing cream, I love the results. Combined with other products, or alone...I don't see much difference, either in style-extending or oiliness. I really wanted to love it, and based on the description (and reviews) I thought I would.I haven't used this and let my hair air-dry, however. I will try this now that summer is here and edit my review accordingly. But as far as blow drying goes, I just don't think it makes much difference with my (fine, highlighted, naturally wavy--yet straightened by round brush) hair.

EDIT: 24/7/17 I tried this as an air dry solution and really like it! Thanks to a previous review, and not getting much results from blow drying with it, I worked a quarter sized amount through my hair and let it air dry. I hit my hair with some heat at the very end to give it volume and smooth the ends and am satisfied. My hair looked full and sexy and lasted more than a day (if i air dry generally my hair falls flat and gets oily quickly) In fact I like this much more than the Bumble and Bumble Air Dry creme! Added a lippie, from 3 to 4.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Definitely worth buying. I'm using it with PhD line, so I don't know about its standalone performance, but I made me free from morning retouching. Brush my hair and ready to go.
It looks like milky, creamy gel, but sinks beautifully and keep my wavy, frizz-prone hair in top condition till next wash.
It sometimes happens, during humidity, the my end goes puffy. But it needs just to smooth it with my hands and the situation is back to normal ;)

on 1/28/2017 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Really helps my style last longer!
I have very fine, sparse hair which is prone to oiliness. My hair wont hold a curl longer than half an hair and will go limp and flat- even with the best volume sprays.
This stuff is a game changer for me. If I curl my hair it will last most of the day. That's like freakin' wow unheard of for me. I usually just put a few curls through my hair (done with my ghd straightener) and curls at the bottom. So nothing major.
This is a nice, not-too-thick textured cream and spreads easily through my damp hair. Inoffensive smell that doesn't seem to linger. I only need a small dollop. This doesn't seem to add to my oiliness, weigh my hair down or make it dull.
Definitely worth trying out a sample of this stuff. I think this is a must-have product for every day styling or before special events to make sure your style lasts all day/night.

on 1/17/2017 11:19:00 AM

This product is a game changer. I went from having to wash my hair every day to or other day to only twice a week. And I live in the tropics! If I wanted to I could leave my hair unwashed for a all full week and it would be fine. I have never been able to do this. The product is expensive, but what it saves in time and the cost of other products more than makes up for it. When I used to wash my hair every day I used a lot more shampoo, conditioner, mousse etc. Now I go through my other products in a third of the time. A must try. I have been using it for over 1 year.

on 12/14/2016 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've bought this twice, and I don't know why. I'm sure it's a good product for those with fine, straight hair, but on my curly Jewish 3B mane it's a total dud. It doesn't really do anything, even if I straighten my hair, to hold shape, keep clean, hydrate, or defrizz. The big problem, though, is the scent. It smells very strongly of lemon, and the fragrance lasts forever, competing with my perfume. Normally I'm not bothered by this sort of thing if I like a product otherwise, but I really can't stand this product for that reason alone. If you're a curly girl looking for a silicone free heat protectant and don't mine reeking of lemon, you might like this in combination with other products, but sniff before buying. I would not repurchase and passed my bottle off to a family member.

on 11/11/2016 11:30:00 PM

As much as I wanted to like this product, I was not satisfied with Living Proof Prime Style Extender. My hair is highlighted, considered normal, not fine, not course. The product did not hold my style and my hair appeared dull, not shiny. I’ve used other products that work better for me. On the plus side, I am sensitive to fragrance and this did not bother me at all.

on 9/24/2016 5:30:00 PM

Prime Style Extender does what I wanted Bumble & Bumble's Don't Blow It (which I've also reviewed) to do for me: allow me to air dry my hair without it ending up a lifeless, frizzed-out mess.

I have very long, mostly straight hair of medium thickness with a slight wave. I don't like fussing with it and prefer air-drying because I'm lazy and it's far less damaging than heat styling. But if the weather isn't perfect, then my hair can end up looking limp and blah and frizzy. I also sometimes sleep on it when it's still damp, which can result in weird kinks when I wake up.

I used up a few sample packets of this stuff and was so impressed I got a full-sized tube. It's a light cream that isn't sticky and simply melts into hair. It has a very strong, lemony fragrance that I like (which is fortunate since it lingers).

I use a big blob, probably a tablespoonful, on very damp hair (after I take it out of my Aquis) and massage it in all over, including the roots. Then I use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the product evenly. Finally, I part my hair, clip away my bangs, and then just leave it to air-dry.

PSE leaves my hair feeling a lot airier than usual, which gives it more body and prevents the lank, air-dried look. But it doesn't give me that slightly puffy, freshly-washed look either. It's more like good, second day hair when the wavier texture pops out, but long before the greasies My hair also seems to dry a little more quickly than usual when I use this stuff.

The best part is that this extends my wash. I can get three full days of clean-looking and -feeling hair out of this (with some dry shampoo on the third day). Normally, my hair will look and feel very greasy by the third day.

The only thing PSE doesn't do is give me good lift/volume at the roots. I have a lot of hair that can weigh a lot of products down quickly. I put some Bumble & Bumble Texture in my roots and that takes care of the issue.

This is a new staple for me. I wish the cost were a little lower, but I can't complain too much since it works so well for me. Definite repurchase.

on 3/6/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff. I have thick long dark straight yet fine hair with long layers. I'm not really a hair person. I don't know how to do much with my hair other than wear it long and straight. All I usually do is blow dry it and use a round brush. This product gives me some extra body and puts some shape in my hair while I'm blowing drying it and then the body and shape remains all day. Usually even if I'm happy with my hair when I first dry it by about mid day it's already limp and lifeless. However the best part is that with this product my hair even looks good the day after I was it! That never happens for me. I don't try a lot of hair products because as I said I just don't get into spending much time or money on my hair, but I do have 2 other bumble and bumble styling products and I don't like either of them as much as I like this living proof product. I don't like the feel of having products built up in my hair and this feels light and natural It smells good and it works. I will repurchase for sure.

on 3/17/2016 2:50:00 PM

ok, it's not exactly a miracle worker, but it comes close. my hair is fine and straight with slight frizz. it tends to get oily very quickly at the roots and falls flat quickly. oh, and I'm the ultimate lazy girl -- despite all this, I still just air dry my hair and let it do what it will. I originally wanted to try this because of reviews that said it kept their hair cleaner longer. that wasn't the case for me at all, unfortunately (like I said, not a miracle worker). however, it's perfect for the lazy girl routine. I wash, towel dry, and rub some prime through my strands, and finally add a little something to the ends (whatever the flavor of the week is courtesy of birchbox), and I let it air dry as usual. when dry, my hair has transformed. rather than lazy girl, I swear it looks like I just left a salon and got a lovely bouncy blow dry. it is truly a sight to see. let's be honest, the next day, my hair doesn't look so hot, though. I usually put some dry shampoo or baby powder at the roots before bed and go the second day with what is very clearly lazy girl hair. I'm still in search of how to style my second day hair with a minimum of effort, but for my wash days, I'm all set with prime. I seriously love this stuff.

Popular Styling Products