Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes e109

3.0

1 review

on 5/10/2014 6:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for about a week and I think I may have found my HG everyday eyeshadow base. It doesn't crease AT ALL on me, not even after wearing it all day and even accidentally sleeping in it! It looks flawless, is easy to apply and is easy to remove with make-up remover. I've only been able to purchase one EF eyeshadow on my student budget, but I find my regular powder shadows blend with this base beautifully. I am very impressed.

However, I do have a few issues with the product. The packaging is incredibly frustrating, primarily because it makes using such a simple product so unnecessarily time consuming and complicated. It's near impossible to determine how much product will be dispensed and when. This leads to so much unnecessary wastage. I don't use the brush and can't imagine many would - it simply gets in the way, and once again, leads to wastage as product ends up on bristles rather than eyelids.
And while this pen looks chic, i find it hard to handle and open - especially if you get make-up on your hands.

I admire what Ellis Faas have *tried* to do with their packaging, but it hasn't worked. Why reinvent the wheel when a squeeze tube would probably suffice? With better packaging I'd have no reservations about giving this product 5 stars and eventually buying the whole range. I'm considering this a tentative/temporary HG until EF redesign the packaging or a more user-friendly dupe appears.