Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)
Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)

3.8

on 8/25/2010 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Paler than I thought it'd be. Nectarine, light rose, a nice stable base that's too indefinite to describe but is probably mossy wood or the ghost of mossy wood. Very faint. I was expecting something glittering and golden, with an original name like Champaign, but this is not really it. Still, I find myself trying it again. Perhaps it is growing on me. Nice, but didn't strike me as particularly spectacular and yet....I'll have to keep sampling.

on 5/6/2008 7:17:00 PM

Smells more like bucks fizz (champagne mixed with orange juice and other fruit juice) than straight champagne. I like my champagne dry and straight, this is tempered with fruits and therefore a tad too floral / fruity. Of all the champagnes I have drunk, none smell like this. Given all the hypes it was given by blog and perfume writers, it's a disappointment for me. It does capture the bubbly sensation pretty well though. If YSL were an Italian company they could have renamed it bellini, it would have been more befitting.

I have had multiple bottles of Yvresse (ne Champagne) off and on since the mid-1990s. It is a fruity-floral fragrance as evidenced from the notes below. Given its marked fruitiness, I had never thought of it before as being a chypre until a fellow perfumista mentioned that, but now that I am looking for chypre notes, I can detect them in the drydown along with a somewhat yeasty fragrance. Mostly though, Yvresse is a sparking perfume that smells mostly like an effervescent concoction of nectarines and litchi to me.

A distinctive thing about Yvresse is that it is always in a good mood. Sometimes that relentless chipper-ness (kind of like having an incessantly optimistic friend around) is annoying but most of the time I find Yvresse to be a complement to my own good mood or it gets me out of an occasional funk. Also, I am not a perfume bottle person but I think Yvresse has one the most stylish bottles around. I find the heft, textures, sassy gold color and even the twisted metal detailing to be chic and charming.

Here are Yvresses notes, as gleaned from various perfume websites: Top: Anise, Nectarine, Mint; Middle: Blue Rose, Otto, Litchi; Base: Patchouli, Oakmoss, Vetiver.

on 4/6/2005 3:17:00 PM

This smells apple-y to me. Like a green apple scent. It is an unusual floral. However, it's not for me - I prefer a bit more spice, plus apple scents don't agree with me. But my friend gets compliments on this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My all time favourite scent, ever since it came out--has it been ten years already?? I had a bit of a crisis when they changed the name, I thought it had been discontinued. It just smells 'bubbly' and happy, yet sophisticated--just so different, in a good way, from all other scents (except, I must admit, that demeter ginger-ale reminds me of this with respect tot the 'bubbles')

Popular Fragrances