e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush

e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush
Studio Small Stipple Brushe.l.f. Small Stipple Brushe.l.f. Small Stipple Brushe.l.f. small stipple brush

4.3

on 6/3/2018 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own several elf brushes, this one is pure crap. It's very scratchy and hairs are falling out -- brand new out of the packaging. I tried it with some foundation, it's just way too scratchy to even use on the face. Not sure what I'll use this for, may either donate or toss. Not one of the best from elf.

on 3/30/2018 5:09:00 PM

I just joined this site and found it out about it because I googled info on this brush since I own one myself for a couple years now and honestly I haven’t found out how to make it work nicely for me.

I tried with liquid concealer and it cracked all my skin before I could finish my makeup.
The material feels abrasive on my skin and the powder falls all over other areas when applying, I don’t think I would purchase again, even when I believe the material quality is really good because it’s on perfect conditions but the execution and handling is not the best.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another ELF winner, I've owned it several years and it never shed. This is one of my favorite stipple brushes they make, the larger version fans out too wide. I thought originally that the larger version would be similar to the MAC stipple brushes, it's not really, but this one is. It is great for sheerer highlights, very precise and blends them in well. I would call this a more dense stipple, the short head doesn't bend much so it deposits more intensely than a typical stipple, thus why I prefer to use formulas that blend out easily.

Other users noted that they found the brush scratchy, mine is not, but again I've had it for a long time, they may have changed. I really only use this for h/l and I don't use liquids with it.

on 2/28/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this brush! I have high and low end brushes, but this is my holy grail for blush. It controls the color so nicely! Just ordered 3 more from the website since I can't find it in stores around here, and I hope it's not going to be discontinued!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this blush to do a very subtle contour due to the small size. It isn't too dense, but it isn't too floppy either, and it buffs out powders really well. It can also be used to apply a very light wash of highlight as well, and it works nicely for that too. This brush is a good bargain for the price.

I agree with some other users that this brush scratches my under eye area too much, it hurts! Idk if my skin is just sensitve or what but I havent been able to find a very good use for this yet because its painful to use.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in the minority here but I really don't like this brush at all. I thought it might be nice to apply highlight, or even blush but it's not soft like other e.l.f. brushes, this one is scratchy against my skin. I honestly don't know how people use this for foundation like some reviewers have mentioned. I am not one for applying foundation with a brush to begin with (streaks on me) but it lacks the density I feel would be required for this purpose. I'm sad this brush didn't work out for me and am glad others make use of it because I think e.l.f. has some of the best brushes at the drugstore.

on 5/4/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great brush for liquid foundation and Korean bb creams.

on 5/3/2017 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I also placed this review under the review ELF small stipple brush since it appears to be the same brush.
----
I have a larger angled sigma brush that I ended up using for cinema secrets foundation, palette 3, olive skin (works better than my traditional flat foundation brush; i stipple a tiny dab of product and a drop of medium then use the brush to blend out). Since I only apply foundation to select parts of my face, I decided to get a smaller one. This works. Doesn't shed. For the price of a few dollars, it's great. I learned from a review by thatjenchick that this don't really function as a stipple brush, more like a flat bottomed brush, but I kind of stipple anyway. Due to its size, its a bit unwieldy for the undereye area, so i use it for the cheeks.

To clean it I pour a capful of Cinema secrets brush cleaner into a small plastic container (I use the plastic top off of an elf pump primer) - and dip it in. Capillary action draws the dirt out and it dries immediately.

on 5/3/2017 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This brush is painful when used under the eyes as the brush hits are very scratchy (and I like these types of brushes for blending under eye concealer). It is great for the rest of the face though. I do still occasionally use it around my eyes as is does blend my concealer very well, but it hurts and irritates my eye. Why is it so hard to find small stippling brushes like this, thy are perfect for blending concealer.

Popular Makeup Brushes