E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush

E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush
Studio Small Stipple Brushe.l.f. Small Stipple Brushe.l.f. Small Stipple Brushe.l.f. small stipple brush

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in the minority here but I really don't like this brush at all. I thought it might be nice to apply highlight, or even blush but it's not soft like other e.l.f. brushes, this one is scratchy against my skin. I honestly don't know how people use this for foundation like some reviewers have mentioned. I am not one for applying foundation with a brush to begin with (streaks on me) but it lacks the density I feel would be required for this purpose. I'm sad this brush didn't work out for me and am glad others make use of it because I think e.l.f. has some of the best brushes at the drugstore.

on 5/4/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great brush for liquid foundation and Korean bb creams.

on 5/3/2017 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This brush is painful when used under the eyes as the brush hits are very scratchy (and I like these types of brushes for blending under eye concealer). It is great for the rest of the face though. I do still occasionally use it around my eyes as is does blend my concealer very well, but it hurts and irritates my eye. Why is it so hard to find small stippling brushes like this, thy are perfect for blending concealer.

on 5/3/2017 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I also placed this review under the review ELF small stipple brush since it appears to be the same brush.
----
I have a larger angled sigma brush that I ended up using for cinema secrets foundation, palette 3, olive skin (works better than my traditional flat foundation brush; i stipple a tiny dab of product and a drop of medium then use the brush to blend out). Since I only apply foundation to select parts of my face, I decided to get a smaller one. This works. Doesn't shed. For the price of a few dollars, it's great. I learned from a review by thatjenchick that this don't really function as a stipple brush, more like a flat bottomed brush, but I kind of stipple anyway. Due to its size, its a bit unwieldy for the undereye area, so i use it for the cheeks.

To clean it I pour a capful of Cinema secrets brush cleaner into a small plastic container (I use the plastic top off of an elf pump primer) - and dip it in. Capillary action draws the dirt out and it dries immediately.

on 3/1/2017 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is sooo good for blending in cream/liquid blushes and bronzers. Seriously I wasn't expecting it to blend them out so nicely without streaks and I havn't had any shedding.

I've bought this twice, thinking they fixed it as mine was a few years old and it had great reviews, and I have to say, nope. While it's a little bit softer (not enough to matter), it's just terrible. It looks nothing like the photo shown on the site, which shows a dense duo-fibre brush. The brush is not dense, it's floppy. The bristles have a different great difference in height than shown too. Now while it's dry it feels like it could work well, once you put a cream or liquid on it, the white bristles clump together, so instead of stippling your face with a punch of soft floppy bristles, you're stabbing it with 7 or 8 hard quills. My sensitive skins ends up very red after using this brush. I will likely give this to my friend to see if she can a use for it (maybe with face masks?).

on 11/11/2016 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my perfect undereye concealer brush for $3! Blends liquid/cream concealers like a dream. I've been using mine for several months with a host of different concealers (mostly drugstore) and this brush always gives me the best, smoothest, most airbrushed finish as compared to using my fingers or traditional concealer brushes.

It is a little pokey on the undereyes, so I have to be careful when I'm getting close to my lower lashline so I don't stab my own eyeballs out. Still, I find this much, much softer than the Flawless Concealer brush from ELF, which is an absolute nightmare for my undereye area.

on 10/20/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this little brush. I bought this brush on clearance at Walgreens $2.50 and so happy I did. It doesn't shed, it's soft and dense, and best of all it blends product very well.

on 8/29/2016 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a brush for using with my BB creams and so I got this seeing I heard some really good things about it. Being a great brush it applied my BB creams flawlessly. I also started using it for applying YSL Babydoll Kiss and Blush creme blush for which it makes a beautiful application. It is pretty much all I use it for now. I will be getting another one just to have on hand for BB creams. I have washed this about a dozen times and I have not noticed any shedding. It is soft and has great direction. This is an awesome synthetic brush. The lady below me must have got a "lemon" brush. Once again ELF produced a brush that I find amazing. Yay ELF!!

on 8/10/2016 3:22:00 PM

As many reviewers have said, the bristles are coarse, not soft or gentle at all. Y'all who think this is soft either have a better brush or you've never owned another stipple brush. Cannot use it for foundation or concealer. Currently use it for cream blush, and that's only because I need to find SOMETHING for this to do. Still need to blend out my cream blush with another brush in the end.

Popular Makeup Brushes