W3LL People Narcissist

W3LL People Narcissist

4.3

on 7/22/2016 12:56:00 AM

*NOTE ON MY SKINTYPE - Oily in the t-zone and combination to dry on my cheeks plus being severely acne prone. I can't even look at coconut oil without getting cysts all over my face!!

I love this foundation!! Yes, I have oily skin and normally I would never wear such a moisturising foundation but I treat this as a tinted base/light foundation. It makes my skin glow! And my skin feels so soft and lovely after taking it off. It is NOT medium to heavy coverage so don't expect it to perform that task. If you have mild acne to cover it will work wonderfully as I find it diffuses redness really well without concealer (hyperpigmentation marks or a light amount of pimples). If you have persistent/chronic acne and need a lot of coverage this will not work.

I find it wonderful for generally brightening my face, especially under my eyes and I have very dark circles due to sitting at a computer all day, I do put a light covering of concealer over the top (I use GloMinerals) and this works well. I don't need an additional face concealer with this foundation, but I do have pretty good skin due to curing my acne (switched to all green products such as the amazing Australian skincare brand Mukti which cleared up my skin in a week!).

I set it with a light dusting of powder and it lasts really well on me.

I don't wear foundation daily so this lasts me about 6 months as I only wear it at night a few times a week. I normally only wear a tinted moisturiser during the day as I hate the feeling of foundation on my skin during the day. But I love wearing this foundation as it's very light and feels lovely on.

But I think if you are wearing foundation daily then you will go through this pretty quickly!

I'm trying the new W3ll People concealer soon too.

Overall, I think this is a lovely, light foundation and great for travelling/gym bag. Hope that helps!

on 5/22/2016 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This foundation gives very beautiful and natural coverage. I prefer the look of my Kjaer Weis foundation, but that requires a lot more preparation because my skin is dry. I apply the stick onto my face and then blend it out with a beauty blender. It eliminates the redness on my face and looks like my skin but better. The highlighter from W3LL People is also great, too. The coverage is pretty good for my under eye area, but I typically add their bio correct concealer. The look is very natural but effective coverage. I layer RMS untinted un-powder over top. The tube is super convenient for travel. I am so glad they carry W3LL People at my Whole Foods now! I am a fan of all their products I've tried so far.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/18/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I really hate to bash on a good company's products, but felt that it would be helpful for people like myself. Bottomline, if you have oily skin, this may not be the best foundation out there for you. I have sensitive oily acne prone skin and react to everything. After having a huge allergic reaction that lasted for months all over my upper body (including my face) and not knowing what triggered it, I decided to switch over to products with less chemicals and simple ingredients after years and years of using Mac and other not so skin or health friendly cosmetics. I did my research online for a green foundation that would provide me at least medium coverage because I have lots of pitted scars basically all over my entire face from years of suffering from acne and decided this was decently priced and had good reviews. I also wanted a foundation with spf that wouldn't break me out, and would last a decent amount of time. To clarify this product doesn't have any spf at all, but I loved the ingredients so I figured I could just use a moisturizer with spf instead.

Anyway I placed my order through their website, and received my products within less than a week, and was delighted to receive my order in a cute minimalist packaging with a cute little thank you note. I'm about a NC 35-37 with strong yellow tones, so I went with dark golden which unfortunately was too orange for me which disappointed me a little because the model on the website seemed to have lighter skin than I did. This is my second "green" foundation I've tried and I've also had the same issue with the other foundation. The packaging is sleek, minimal, light white plastic tube that you twist which I love. I believe I paid 30 something for this? Which is average for a foundation. Anyway onto the product itself.This foundation would work for you if you're dry or normal and want dewy skin because theres little shimmers in this foundation. However for my oily skin, I can't touch my face whatsoever without transfer. If I sweat, it melts right off and it just doesn't last for me despite using a primer and powder. Also the coverage is medium tops, like less than a commercial foundation but more than a tinted moisturizer. There's no way to layer this foundation because it slides and doesn't "set" even on top of a mattifying base. However, it has great ingredients which gives it a nice light herbal scent, and despite its almost greasy texture, it's never broken me out even when I've accidentally slept in it. Overall, I would imagine this to be a great foundation for someone looking for a dewy look that doesn't need much coverage.

on 7/9/2015 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This works beautifully for me as an under-eye concealer and as a light cover for blemishes/redness. It did not work well for me as a foundation, though in a pinch it has done the job. I find that patting it in and setting with a light powder is best - it can have a dewy effect otherwise.

On top, I've used W3LL People's Mineral Foundation and also the Peter Thomas Roth SPF powder (on days when I'm running out the door) - both set it nicely. I've also used this with Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer.

Pros:
Lovely cream consistency, no noticeable smell, easy to carry in a makeup bag/travel with, builds nicely, doesn't run out quickly. In terms of ingredients, I felt good about putting it on sensitive/blemished skin. It didn't cause any irritation.

Cons:
Minor - packaging came apart a bit, but it still twists up and down nicely.

They have improved the packaging of this foundation stick. Although it is not luxurious looking, it is practical. I find I get very different results with this makeup, depending on what moisturizing base I use. If I use something with slip, then it glides on easily. If I use a drier finish moisturizer, then it can drag a little. This also affects the wear time, the moisturizer base with slip, means the foundation lasts less time. It is sheer-medium coverage.
Pro's:
Lovely, light glowy finish
Quick, easy application
Portable
Doesn't settle in lines, or emphasize large pores
Con's:
Doesn't last all day

on 8/16/2014 9:25:00 AM

This foundation stick is very similar to the Vapour Organic Beauty Luminous Foundation, with a few slight differences. This foundation stick comes in plastic, twist-up packaging which allows for direct application of the product to the skin. This is an opaque formula without light reflecting powder, meaning that it has a very matte finish. The quantity that you get for the price is decent for an organic product.

If I had to choose between the Narcissist Foundation and the Vapour Organic Beauty Luminous Foundation, I would choose the Vapour foundation for the following reasons:

1. The packaging of Vapour Organic Beauty's products is significantly more appealing (elegant metal tubes with a twist-up function) and seem more durable than the plastic twist-up tube of the Narcissist foundation.

2. The luminous foundation imparts a glow to the face (not a shine, just a subtle light-reflecting effect) which blurs imperfections better than the Narcissist formula, which is comparatively matte and flat.

3. The scent of the two products is very different. The Narcissist foundation smells kind of herbal and chalky whereas the VOB foundation smells like holy basil (which I love.).

4. I think the VOB formula is easier to apply to the skin (glides on more easily) than the Narcissist foundation. Blending it out also appears to be easier.

Since both products are about the same price point, I would elect to buy the VOB foundation, but if you are less discerning and want more matte coverage, the Narcissist foundation is just as good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before trying this I had been using Laura Mercier's loose mineral powder foundation for about two years and had come to the conclusion that powder formulas worked best for my skin, which tends to get quite shiny throughout the day. Since this is a creamy formula that comes in a twist-up stick format, I'm not entirely sure what prompted me to try this after finishing up my last jar of the Laura Mercier. It probably had something to do with the appeal that an all-over, multi-purpose concealer-foundation hybrid tends to hold for me. Similar to my beloved RMS Un Cover Up, this can be used under eyes, to conceal certain areas of the face, or applied all over, in a foundation-like fashion. On my skin, this works flawlessly. After moisturizing, I warm the top of the stick up by swirling my finger over it and then pat it anywhere that needs some concealing and enhancing. The formula is just as creamy as the RMS, yet it isn't as oily and applies with a satin-y finish as opposed to a dewy one (so it works a lot better on my oily-ish skin). I find it remarkable that I can apply this to just the areas of my face that need a little help and I cannot tell where my skin ends and the product begins, which allows me to only use it where I need it. While it isn't as moisturizing as the RMS it still works very, very well on the under eye area (sometimes I like to use this first and then top it off with the RMS, which is slightly more brightening for the eye area). I'm still on my first stick, but I will 100%, without-a-doubt, be repurchasing this when I run out.

This is my favorite foundation. It is so easy to apply, I just swipe some on the parts of my face that need it, then I blend with my fingers, the end of a cosmetic sponge that has been massaged with moisturizer, or a foundation brush. It makes my face look flawlessly natural. I have used Bare Minerals for years, but it does no favors for my face anymore, which is combo/dry and in it's 30's, but I still dab a bit of bare minerals on the extra red parts around my nose that the Narcissist doesn't completely cover. The greatest thing about this is its versatility. It can be used as an all-over light to medium coverage foundation, as a base for a heavier foundation, and as a concealer. It even works well under the eyes. I like that it's much less messy than BE foundation and the old Tarte foundations that I used to mix together to match my skin. This is so easy to use, and I love the smell. I'll never be without it!

on 12/12/2012 11:41:00 PM

This is the only non-mineral/powder foundation I have ever used that does not break me out. It smells clean and natural, the ingredients are very close to perfect and the coverage is just right - light to medium.
After a day of wearing this, my skin actually looks better. The tube packaging, while not really fancy or fun, is practical and makes application fast and easy. My favorite way to apply this is with my fingertips, tapping it into my skin in layers where needed - it blends seamlessly. When I am short on time, I just dot or stipple my under eyes, on and around my nose, and wherever else I need it, then quickly blending with imy fingertips.
This is what I wanted Vapour Organics, RMS, Jane Iredale, NVEY, Dr. Hauschka, Christopher Drummond, etc. to be. It's been a long trip, but I am happy to have finally found a line that works for my skin. It could be cheaper, no doubt, but at least it's a good company with great colors and I don't have to worry about the ingredients, plus a little goes a long way. I imagine I will save money in the long run since I no longer have to experiment.

on 11/16/2012 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took advantage of a 20% sale on an online retailer to try out Narcissist in #1. Initially, this was an absolutely epic fail for me. Hard, not user friendly, tugs at the skin, just overall unpleasant & frankly majorly disappointing. It got relegated into the cupboard.

Now that the summer is over & I'm using more moisturisers, I've come to realise that this can only be used over freshly moisturised skin. As in before it all sinks in - this product needs slip from external products in order to be usable. It is pigmented and covers my hyperpigmentation fairly well, its also surprisingly long lasting when combined with a dusting of loose powder. I have no idea why they sell this with a brush because in my experience it really needs the warmth of fingers to be spread or tapped into the skin. In fact, I find the nicest finish when I tap on with my fingers, then tap again with my beauty blender, so it doesn't get stuck in any fine lines (it says it will not crease - it will if you apply too much, as I have a habit of doing). Like most natural foundation type products I've tried, its never going to give you the same level of consistency as conventional brands do, but I guess its why they recommend using a mineral powder of it. I don't bother because I don't need the extra coverage on most days, but it is an option if that's what you need/prefer. The good thing about this product is that while I thought #1 would be too fair to use all over (I brought it for under eyes) it actually does shift colours on your skin & so is quite forgiving, doesn't look blotchy while it covers imperfections.

I've been using it over the Everyday SPF 15 by Snowberry (great product! 16% ZO, clear... lovely!) and my skin seems happy. Both products are somewhat sticky, so I would recommend a powder even if you have dry skin.

What stops me from repurchasing is the packaging - its awful. Cheap, plastic, the label looks like it was stuck on by a pre schooler. Yes, I am a packaging designer, so I understand the mechanics & operational and cost constraints that go into mass production... but honestly at this price point, W3LL could do A LOT better. (They should have put the same amount of attention into the physical packaging as they did to the brand & proprietary typeface which is annoying & unnecessary.) It annoys me to no end as its the packaging for a $15 product, not a $38 product. If the product was spectacular, it wouldn't bother me so much. But while I am using it & can appreciate the pluses, I don't plan on repurchasing. Yes, because the packaging bothers me so much. Although I am sure I will be using this for a LONG time as you really don't need a lot of the product.

If rms beauty un-cover is too oily for you, then I would suggest getting some samples of this because it may work out really well as its the polar opposite in terms of consistency. I reallised I prefer un cover, but again, that's a personal preference.

From the W3LL people website:: (why do they specify natural ingredients? Does this mean the product contains "un natural" ingredients as well?)

NATURAL INGREDIENTS
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil* infused with Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Complex) Leaf**, Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi Mushroom)***, Morella Cerifera (Bayberry- wildharvested); Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax)****, Silica, Essential Oils, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (and) Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)] *Certified Organic by Stellar, **Certified Organic by QAI, *** Certified Organic by Oregon TILTH, **** Certified Organic by Koster Keunen