4.2

on 6/28/2017 7:55:00 PM

I'm actually a little undecided if I would buy this again. It gives my normal skin (not oily, not dry) a youthful glow. I agree with other reviews that this is not a good foundation for those with oily skin. The coverage is not full coverage though, medium at best when layered. I think I will try adding a powder when I really need it to last - though then I'll lose a lot of the glow that I like. My biggest complaint is that it seems to be crumbling after only 3 weeks of use. I get crumbles on my face from the tube or worse yet they fall out onto my clothes while I'm putting on makeup (sitting at vanity) Definitely worth a try if you are trying to keep your makeup routine less toxic.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

New packaging is a lovely white plastic tube however it shows fingerprints and one of mine quickly got a minute crack in the cover so its hard to get on and off . However it didnt dry up..

I am between shades and use the lighter one as a concealer and the darker as a contour ( a little cool for a bronzer), and blend them a bit for the rest of skin. Best over a moisturizer to act as primer, and not too much product . Doesnt seem super long lasting but its a nice fresh look.

They started with minimal choices in stick foundation for women of color, but recently added some. Then the company seemed to have sold out to Target, and now I dont see the darker complexion choices any more ..

on 2/11/2017 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm very pale with pink undertones and have struggled to find foundations that match. I tried the lightest shade and it's a match!

I am comparing this to RMS uncoverup which has been my goto lately.

I have dry skin. This feels a little sticky and somewhat slippery going on (more so than the rms). It also gives me a more dewy finish than the rms (I think I am alone in this though?) I set with powder to take care of the dewy/sticky finish.

I find it slightly tricky to get a flawless texture with this - but I suspect I could get there with experimenting with different methods/pre-moisturizers. I have been patting it on with my fingers, haven't tried a sponge or a brush. I had an incident where it settled on and highlighted all my peach fuss but then that hasn't happened again.

I don't like the smell at all. It fades in about an hour or two though.

One thing this has over the un cover up is that it creases less.

If I ever start breaking out from the un cover up I will order a full size of this!

on 7/22/2016 12:56:00 AM

*NOTE ON MY SKINTYPE - Oily in the t-zone and combination to dry on my cheeks plus being severely acne prone. I can't even look at coconut oil without getting cysts all over my face!!

I love this foundation!! Yes, I have oily skin and normally I would never wear such a moisturising foundation but I treat this as a tinted base/light foundation. It makes my skin glow! And my skin feels so soft and lovely after taking it off. It is NOT medium to heavy coverage so don't expect it to perform that task. If you have mild acne to cover it will work wonderfully as I find it diffuses redness really well without concealer (hyperpigmentation marks or a light amount of pimples). If you have persistent/chronic acne and need a lot of coverage this will not work.

I find it wonderful for generally brightening my face, especially under my eyes and I have very dark circles due to sitting at a computer all day, I do put a light covering of concealer over the top (I use GloMinerals) and this works well. I don't need an additional face concealer with this foundation, but I do have pretty good skin due to curing my acne (switched to all green products such as the amazing Australian skincare brand Mukti which cleared up my skin in a week!).

I set it with a light dusting of powder and it lasts really well on me.

I don't wear foundation daily so this lasts me about 6 months as I only wear it at night a few times a week. I normally only wear a tinted moisturiser during the day as I hate the feeling of foundation on my skin during the day. But I love wearing this foundation as it's very light and feels lovely on.

But I think if you are wearing foundation daily then you will go through this pretty quickly!

I'm trying the new W3ll People concealer soon too.

Overall, I think this is a lovely, light foundation and great for travelling/gym bag. Hope that helps!

on 5/22/2016 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This foundation gives very beautiful and natural coverage. I prefer the look of my Kjaer Weis foundation, but that requires a lot more preparation because my skin is dry. I apply the stick onto my face and then blend it out with a beauty blender. It eliminates the redness on my face and looks like my skin but better. The highlighter from W3LL People is also great, too. The coverage is pretty good for my under eye area, but I typically add their bio correct concealer. The look is very natural but effective coverage. I layer RMS untinted un-powder over top. The tube is super convenient for travel. I am so glad they carry W3LL People at my Whole Foods now! I am a fan of all their products I've tried so far.

on 2/18/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I really hate to bash on a good company's products, but felt that it would be helpful for people like myself. Bottomline, if you have oily skin, this may not be the best foundation out there for you. I have sensitive oily acne prone skin and react to everything. After having a huge allergic reaction that lasted for months all over my upper body (including my face) and not knowing what triggered it, I decided to switch over to products with less chemicals and simple ingredients after years and years of using Mac and other not so skin or health friendly cosmetics. I did my research online for a green foundation that would provide me at least medium coverage because I have lots of pitted scars basically all over my entire face from years of suffering from acne and decided this was decently priced and had good reviews. I also wanted a foundation with spf that wouldn't break me out, and would last a decent amount of time. To clarify this product doesn't have any spf at all, but I loved the ingredients so I figured I could just use a moisturizer with spf instead.

Anyway I placed my order through their website, and received my products within less than a week, and was delighted to receive my order in a cute minimalist packaging with a cute little thank you note. I'm about a NC 35-37 with strong yellow tones, so I went with dark golden which unfortunately was too orange for me which disappointed me a little because the model on the website seemed to have lighter skin than I did. This is my second "green" foundation I've tried and I've also had the same issue with the other foundation. The packaging is sleek, minimal, light white plastic tube that you twist which I love. I believe I paid 30 something for this? Which is average for a foundation. Anyway onto the product itself.This foundation would work for you if you're dry or normal and want dewy skin because theres little shimmers in this foundation. However for my oily skin, I can't touch my face whatsoever without transfer. If I sweat, it melts right off and it just doesn't last for me despite using a primer and powder. Also the coverage is medium tops, like less than a commercial foundation but more than a tinted moisturizer. There's no way to layer this foundation because it slides and doesn't "set" even on top of a mattifying base. However, it has great ingredients which gives it a nice light herbal scent, and despite its almost greasy texture, it's never broken me out even when I've accidentally slept in it. Overall, I would imagine this to be a great foundation for someone looking for a dewy look that doesn't need much coverage.

on 7/9/2015 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This works beautifully for me as an under-eye concealer and as a light cover for blemishes/redness. It did not work well for me as a foundation, though in a pinch it has done the job. I find that patting it in and setting with a light powder is best - it can have a dewy effect otherwise.

On top, I've used W3LL People's Mineral Foundation and also the Peter Thomas Roth SPF powder (on days when I'm running out the door) - both set it nicely. I've also used this with Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer.

Pros:
Lovely cream consistency, no noticeable smell, easy to carry in a makeup bag/travel with, builds nicely, doesn't run out quickly. In terms of ingredients, I felt good about putting it on sensitive/blemished skin. It didn't cause any irritation.

Cons:
Minor - packaging came apart a bit, but it still twists up and down nicely.

They have improved the packaging of this foundation stick. Although it is not luxurious looking, it is practical. I find I get very different results with this makeup, depending on what moisturizing base I use. If I use something with slip, then it glides on easily. If I use a drier finish moisturizer, then it can drag a little. This also affects the wear time, the moisturizer base with slip, means the foundation lasts less time. It is sheer-medium coverage.
Pro's:
Lovely, light glowy finish
Quick, easy application
Portable
Doesn't settle in lines, or emphasize large pores
Con's:
Doesn't last all day

on 8/16/2014 9:25:00 AM

This foundation stick is very similar to the Vapour Organic Beauty Luminous Foundation, with a few slight differences. This foundation stick comes in plastic, twist-up packaging which allows for direct application of the product to the skin. This is an opaque formula without light reflecting powder, meaning that it has a very matte finish. The quantity that you get for the price is decent for an organic product.

If I had to choose between the Narcissist Foundation and the Vapour Organic Beauty Luminous Foundation, I would choose the Vapour foundation for the following reasons:

1. The packaging of Vapour Organic Beauty's products is significantly more appealing (elegant metal tubes with a twist-up function) and seem more durable than the plastic twist-up tube of the Narcissist foundation.

2. The luminous foundation imparts a glow to the face (not a shine, just a subtle light-reflecting effect) which blurs imperfections better than the Narcissist formula, which is comparatively matte and flat.

3. The scent of the two products is very different. The Narcissist foundation smells kind of herbal and chalky whereas the VOB foundation smells like holy basil (which I love.).

4. I think the VOB formula is easier to apply to the skin (glides on more easily) than the Narcissist foundation. Blending it out also appears to be easier.

Since both products are about the same price point, I would elect to buy the VOB foundation, but if you are less discerning and want more matte coverage, the Narcissist foundation is just as good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before trying this I had been using Laura Mercier's loose mineral powder foundation for about two years and had come to the conclusion that powder formulas worked best for my skin, which tends to get quite shiny throughout the day. Since this is a creamy formula that comes in a twist-up stick format, I'm not entirely sure what prompted me to try this after finishing up my last jar of the Laura Mercier. It probably had something to do with the appeal that an all-over, multi-purpose concealer-foundation hybrid tends to hold for me. Similar to my beloved RMS Un Cover Up, this can be used under eyes, to conceal certain areas of the face, or applied all over, in a foundation-like fashion. On my skin, this works flawlessly. After moisturizing, I warm the top of the stick up by swirling my finger over it and then pat it anywhere that needs some concealing and enhancing. The formula is just as creamy as the RMS, yet it isn't as oily and applies with a satin-y finish as opposed to a dewy one (so it works a lot better on my oily-ish skin). I find it remarkable that I can apply this to just the areas of my face that need a little help and I cannot tell where my skin ends and the product begins, which allows me to only use it where I need it. While it isn't as moisturizing as the RMS it still works very, very well on the under eye area (sometimes I like to use this first and then top it off with the RMS, which is slightly more brightening for the eye area). I'm still on my first stick, but I will 100%, without-a-doubt, be repurchasing this when I run out.