3.0

on 2/25/2017 10:01:00 PM

There are three reasons for my low rating:

- on me this is a wrist sniffer. The sillage and staying power are disappointing
- it smells fairly synthetic, as if it was made from poor quality ingredients
- the bottle is unattractive, and somewhat clumsy to hold

On my skin, I mainly smell patchouli, plum and peach, along with a tiny bit of musk and white flowers. It actually smells a little bit like Rogue by Rhianna, however Rogue smells like it was made with much better quality raw ingredients, and has better staying power and sillage.

If you like True Reflection, try Rogue by Rhianna, however be warned, Rogue is even sweeter than True Reflection. Also I have a feeling it might be discontinued.

True Reflection is best for people who like a generic sweet fruitcholi, and are prepared to respray throughout the day. I'm not.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this perfume! Patchouli reigns supreme in True Reflections for me and stays throughout the duration of the fragrance. Its a sweet patchouli, a juicy and warm leaf thats quite enjoyable for patchouli lovers. Wrapped in a cloak of musk and woods, theres a fruity presence thats not overwhelming at all. Bergamot lays low but keeps its presence throughout the perfume.
Peach and plum are two notes that are listed in this fragrance, and trying to discern if either take precedence over each other is difficult. They are there and both seem to appear working with each other in a sweet/sour appearance. The fruits definitely give this fragrance a juicy component and keep it well-hydrated and juicy. Both work together to keep True Reflection from being either too sweet or too sour and well-balanced as a too fruity perfume.
There is a sweetness here that is very pleasing. It can come from a variety of things, the patch or the fruits, Im not sure. But it lingers throughout, and makes True Reflection very pleasing. Its not a cloying sweetness, but a rather a laid-back sweetness that sits in the background to keep the fragrance from going sour and keeps it grounded. Its as if just enough sugar was added to the mix to keep it at an even level for a more mature audience, rather than add too much for the younger crowd to call it a sweet gourmand.
With initial spraying, it radiates well. Unfortunately, it doesnt last as a strong perfume for more than about two hours without another application. It becomes a skin scent that lasts at least a good four hours. Either way, you can re-apply for strength or keep it low-key. This is still a gorgeous patchouli thats warm and inviting.
If you dont absolutely love and adore patchouli, dont even touch this perfume. Run away from it. Dont even pick it up. But if youre a fan, a true fan of patchouli in all its glory, then by all mean, look for it and give it a sample run. You wont be sorry.
So where does True Reflection take me? This is a season-less perfume. I know I can wear this year-round. It doesnt remind me of the old patchoulis that I remember, but it does make me smile. I reach for it often. I enjoy wearing it. Purchasing it was a happy one. I didnt waste my money. And that counts for a lot in todays market of perfumes. True Reflection can take you where you want to go. It is one with the Earth, Sun and Moon. Think Patchouli Knowledge.
So many people buy perfume based on who the face is supposedly hawking the bottle. In this case, Kim Kardashian is the one selling True Reflection. I could care less. I dont watch her show, I dont wear her clothes, I dont follow her escapades. In other words, Im not a follower of the Kardashians so thats not why I bought this fragrance. I bought True Reflection because I knew patchouli was the high note in this perfume and Im a patch lover and a boxed set including a body lotion along with a full-size bottle of the Eau de Parfum and a mini-bottle of the Eau de Parfum was half-price at a local outlet discount department store. This is a fragrance Ive had my eye on and frankly, for $12.50 for the set, I grabbed it and ran. So glad I did. This floral-fruity was introduced in 2012.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Peach, Plum.
Middle Notes: Gardenia, Lotus, Orchid.
Base Notes: Woodsy Notes, Patchouli, Musk.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The plum is the strongest fruit note on me and it lingers throughout the entire 'life' of the perfume. There is soft vanilla present through all of the fragrance too, with adds a creamy sweetness and warmth to the mix. The patchouli is quick to develop and prevents everything from becoming too sweet.

The floral notes used for TRUE REFLECTION are disappointingly underdeveloped. Aside from coca and added vanilla aka 'chocolate orchard', none of them are strong enough to stand out from the plum, patchouli and the already existing vanilla.

There is no strong indication between the top, heart, and the base, thanks to the constant trickle of plum, patchouli and vanilla. The woods and musk are mingled closely together with everything else, so the perfume seems a bit too one dimensional.

Key Scent notes; Bergamot, plum, peach, gardenia, chocolate orchid, lotus flower, textured woods, patchouli and skin musk.

Overall; I think TRUE REFLECTION is 'nice' and a huge step up from her other fragrance releases. It is pleasant and easy to wear, but it isn't very exciting or original, so whilst it's far from bad I won't be buying it. The four hour average staying power isn't anything to get excited about, in fact, based on her previous releases, it is pretty bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The smell of this fregrance is AMAZING! And lasts! I got the box set of perfume, body wash and body lotion and I am in love with how all three work and make me smell. HOWEVER, the packaging is very cheap. Its disapointing. After using the shower gel I went to put the lid back on and it cracked, this happend with the lotion bottle lid as well a few days later. So I have to keep the lotion and bodywash upside down so the fregrance dosnt leak out of the bottles :( Common Kim, you can afford to make better quality lids for your fregrance.

Popular Fragrances