Now Solutions Moroccan Red Clay

No Image

4.6

on 11/21/2017 11:00:00 AM

Great product! I wont drone on with useless info, ill keep it short.
Very acne prone, and the aztec clay breaks me out for whatever reason. Switched to the moroccan red and it works great for me. I only leave it on for 5 mins bc it dries fast. After rinsing off i follow it up with a vitamin c toner by Avalon Organics. Both keep my skin bright!

on 3/17/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is amazing!

I mixed 1 tbsp of clay with 3 tsp of rose water. I will probably half the recipe as I had a lot left over and I felt it was a waste so I have to play around with the measurements. Make sure you use a plastic spoon or measuring spoons. The metal will react with the powder which you don't want - I can't explain the science behind it off the top of my head but I remember reading that it has something to do with the negative charge or something so use plastic.

After leaving it on for about 20 minutes, my skin is soft, bright, fresh and radiant. My pores were significantly smaller and over time it has lightened some old marks on my face but I'm not sure if its the clay alone or my entire regimen as a whole. I had no reaction to this product other than my face feeling tight as it dried which is normal. It rinsed completely clear (I used warm, slightly cool water) and it did not stain my skin, clothes or sink. For people complaining of staining, I wonder if they are using too much clay because I never had that issue. One thing I did notice is that when I used a toner afterwards it stung a bit in places around my nose and on my cheeks. I'm not sure why - there was no irritation to my skin. My toner has never stung me before. Maybe when I use this mask I'll use my aloe vera juice to tone rather than The Faceshop White Seed as it doesn't seem to play nice with my skin after the mask.

I use this mask once a week and could probably get away with twice a week as my skin is oily but once a week has been working just fine. I absolutely recommend this for normal, sensitive and oily skin types. Drier skin types may find this a bit drying but I've read that mixing it with aloe vera juice will help it not be so drying on the skin. No matter your skin type you want to moisturize well after this.

I've read adding essential oils can have added benefits so maybe I'll give that a try next.

really good clay mask! It tightens my skin, tightens my pores, gets rid of my blackheads, and keeps acne at bay. After i take it off my face gets a little red and warm because of the tightening effect it has but i dont mind that, just make sure to moisturize after. Really good product!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I have dry skin all year long and prone to breakouts in the stressful times or pms. I use it once weekly to tighten pores and help acne from getting worsen. I have noticed more glow effect after and hate there's no easier dispenser but make a little mess in sink. Mix it with water or rose water too. I hate the smell but it works and last long time before run out.

on 9/23/2014 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love, love, love clay masks! Have been using white and blue clay masks (powder type that I mix with water and a bit of honey) but now learned about red clay mask. So easy to use, great price and amazing effect. Keeps my skin clean and toned, detoxifying effect, removes impurities and tightens skin.

This stuff is pretty good at keeping acne at bay and overall improving skin discoloration and dullness. The first time I tried it I listened to the suggestion on the tub that said to just add some water, mix, and apply. My skin felt super tight and uncomfortable after the first 10 minutes. My skin even felt like it was burning! I couldn't wait the full 20 minutes and I had to wash it off. My face was red immediately after but a couple hours later I realized how much more radiant it looked!

The second time I added my own ingredients to the powder and the results were even more fantastic!! I will include my recipe down below. But after I applied and took off my special mask my skin looked much clearer and the redness was gone! After several weeks of using my version of the mask my pimples are gone and my post acne marks have lightened and my overall skin has brightened! Here is my recipe!

1 tbs moroccan red clay powder
1 tsp of organic/natural honey
1tsp of whole milk
1tsp of water
1/2 tsp of lemon juice (optional)

Put red clay powder in a bowl and then apply water and stir until all lumps are gone. Then add in milk and stir in honey. Apply with finger or a clean foundation brush and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to wash off well as the red clay powder can stain skin!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Great product. As a mask, I add ACV or water and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. It does tingle. Every once and a while I add a tablespoon or two to my bath water and my skin feels nice and smooth afterwards.

on 11/23/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have used this mask for 1 month. I love the feel of my skin afterwards. I mix it with water and 2 drops of lavender essential oil. Just be careful as it can stain the washcloth you use when washing the mask off.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First, a bit of background... I have acne prone, combination oily skin with an uneven complexion. My mission: clear breakouts, heal spots and irritations, fade acne scars and red marks, eliminate black heads, shrink pores, balance skin moisture (we don't want oily, but we don't want dry either). Are we asking for too much here? I think not! I'm determined to fix this finicky problem skin and being a good skincare product junkie when I find an amazing wholesome product that yields excellent results I have to share it with everyone! I purchased the Now Solutions Moroccan Red Clay Powder at my local health food store for $5.69, I figured after paying top dollar for so many other skin care products from Sephora and elsewhere this was hardly a risk if it didn't work. But it DID!!! I've only used it a few times so far but my skin is already less oily during the day, black heads have gone away and those gawd awful stubborn enlarged pores are shrinking at last! Best $5 bucks I've spent in a long while! I highly recommend giving this a try, this has quickly become a holy grail skin care product for me.