La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Ultra Fluid Sunscreen

La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Ultra Fluid Sunscreen

4.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 11%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Silica, Tridecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Diethylhexyl Sryingylidenemalonate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, PEG-8 Laurate, Peg-9, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Maltodextrin, Benzoic Acid, Iron Oxides, Propylene Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 3/2/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

YOU GUYS.

I think this one is here to stay! For me, sunscreens tend to disrupt my skin and make it oily and give me cystic acne. A friend of mine raved about this one by La Roche Possay has not disappointed me at all. I love the fact that it's mineral based and is SPF 50. The tinted version is pretty neutral and i find it blends well with my NW25 skin tone. What surprised me the most is how it sits on my face. The formula is super thin and not thick and gross like most sunscreens. I'm able to apply primer and foundation very evenly. I'm really impressed by this sunscreen (not to mention, it provides excellent sun protection)!

on 1/18/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great sunscreen for face, particularly if you're oily or prone to a shiny t-zone. This tinted mineral sunscreen is liquidy and thin and dries quickly to a matte finish. The tint is supposed to be universal and though you see a tint when applying it, it pretty much disappears (on me anyways, NC30) to a sheer matte finish. I love that it also works very well under longwear foundation. I've tried it under L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte and MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing and it never balls up or shortens the wear of my foundation. Works well under powder foundation too, since it has a smooth matte finish, it doesn't grab at powders. My only wish is that it came in a bigger bottle and cost less because it's good but not cheap!

From the Canadian La Roche Posay website:
"Contains a filter of 100% mineral origin and has been rigorously formulated to provide excellent protection against sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. Tested under dermatological control.

Breakthrough texture: This weightless texture quickly penetrates, leaving skin matte. Tinted for a natural glow. Universal tint matches most every skin tone for a uniform complexion.

Suitable for daily use."

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've used the anthelios 60 ultra light before when it first became available in drug stores, and really liked it. Within the past few years I have decided to buy only mineral sunscreens due to having too many reactions to some of the chemical ones. The problems I've encountered with mineral sunscreens are, of course, whitening and for me, dryness because the mineral sunscreen additives absorb moisture/oil.
I find this formula nice to wear all day on those days when I want just a sunscreen alone. It does layer nice under foundation, but where my skin is crazy dry this combo leaves my skin feeling tight. The tint is very nice, eliminating any whitening, and gives a coverage similar to a blurring primer. My skin tone is light, running more fair in the winter, and the color of the tint isn't too dark or doesn't add any color, so it doesn't alter the color of any foundation I have applied over it. My skin is very dry so I have to use a moisturizer first, and this applies just fine over creams and even face oil. I have worn it all day comfortably, as most sunscreens make me ready to go home and wash them off, but this is so lightweight I don't feel it on.
The packaging is very minimal and sleek and fits nice in a small purse or even a pocket, making it great to carry when I'm planning a day outside and know I'll need to reapply. I have not yet given this formula a full-blown summer day tryout as I avoid as much direct sun as possible, so I can't say how well it does to prevent sunburn.

on 11/8/2016 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this sunscreen. It does what Perricone "No foundation Foundation" tries to do. It provides good sun protection, evens out my skin tone, can be mixed with concealer for heavier coverage and, unlike the Perricone product, it will not oxidize. I have melasma and I wore this all summer without any issues. It's easy to re-apply since it's so liquidy. I use a beauty blender.
The only complaints I have is the packaging and the lack of zinc oxide. It leaks from the little nozzle at the tip of the bottle into the cap, and eventually all over the top of the bottle. It's a waste. Maybe La Roche will put this in a pump someday. It would be much better. This sunscreen does not contain zinc which makes it less protective than I would like, however, my melasma did not darken thru the summer months despite being active and outdoors a lot.
If you have easily clogged skin and can't stand most mineral sunscreens because they clog your pores or make you itch, I urge you to give this a try. It's light, dries down to a nice finish, can be worn alone as it doesn't make the skin gray and has not clogged my pores. I will buy this for as long as it's made and the formula stays the same.
UPDATE- I just purchased another bottle and the nozzle is better but still has problem. I love this sunscreen, I enjoy putting it on, the way it even my skin tone and gives me a glow.

I realized a few years back that part of my skin problems was due to chemical sunscreens. This made me turn to physical sunscreens. I've tried a few brands before coming across this and I must say this is my holy grail. The texture is fantastic and not at all sticky. t's tinted so this plus some dusting of powder constitutes as my daily makeup. I have difficulty getting this in my part of the world though so I result to hoarding this every time I travel.

if you have oily skin i think that you will love this sunscreen, I really like that this is tinted because you can skip makeup but still get good coverage with this. and sunscreen is a must regardless of the weather outside this product is very a very thin, runny liquid that needs to be shaken prior to each application there is only titanium dioxide in here which means it isnt fully broad spectrum the way that zinc oxide is so -1 lippie for that

on 9/17/2016 9:41:00 AM

I was looking forward to trying this product as it seemed the answer to a prayer. In a way, it is - it is a good sunscreen which does not end up looking white and blotchy, as the untinted version does on me. Unfortunately, the tint is so dark! I am very fair skinned, and the sunscreen colour looks very obvious on me. I wish they did more than one shade. And as it is the fair-skinned who suffer most from sun exposure, surely ours are the very complexions they ought to be matching? This sunscreen would be fine on someone with a medium olive coloring, but if you are pale like me, it doesn't really look good.

on 8/6/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I'm so sad that this sunscreen didn't work for my combination skin. The tint was perfect for my skin tone, it covers my red marks, redness and my skin was more even. However, it was too drying to use on it's own. It felt uncomfortable and tight all day and it was even more drying around my eyes. If I use a light moisturizer underneath, the sunscreen doesn't absorb well. It still settles on my drying parts and it's not smooth (started to look a little bit cakey). Also, it's hard to wash off since it's water-resistant (mineral sunscreen are usually hard to wash off...). In brief, perfect tint but too drying for my combination skin and hard to wash off.

on 8/2/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Bought this as its a small bottle and handy to fit in my gym bag.

Its very light in consistency, almost a watery liquid. Without fail, I end up dispensing more than I need from the bottle as I'm used to using creams. I have combination skin and find suncreams can leave my face looking shiny and although this is light in texture, it still left my face shiny

Its blends well and its great to have a sun lotion with a tint on my Asian skin tone, as normally using sun creams I end up with a white mask.

like others before me, I really love this sunscreen, the tint in this is perfect and will fit a good half range of skin tones, if you need it lighter, you can mix this with the untinted version.
i love this for the summer time because it is matte and i cant be bothered with foundation/bb creams. i say bb creamd because it usually does not have a high enough spf to use on its own, and no one uses enough to get adequate protection.
i love that its a physical spf, although i am ok with chemical as well, i like that mineral spf will reflect rather than absorb.
the packaging is really good, it has a small opening at the top to let you control the amount that you need, bc of the thin milky consistency.
be sure to shake this we'll before applying.