3.9

$37.30 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

14 days ago

Really like this oil-free/alcohol-free physical & chemical sunscreen for my oily skin. You have to shake the bottle before applying which is not a big deal. Leaves a bit of a white cast but after applying makeup it's not noticeable at all. Very lightweight, great under makeup. No flaking/pilling when layering other products on. Dries matte and doesn't feel greasy. Just wish it was a little cheaper.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

10 months ago

This is my favorite sunscreen for my face. It works really well under makeup. It has a lightweight liquid consistency, and doesn't pill when I use it with other products. I put this over my moisturizer and acne medication (my dermatologist prescribed me a cream for daytime use), but before I put on foundation. I have pale-ish skin, so I don't really notice a white cast like others have said. But I also only really wear this under my makeup so that could be why. You do have to shake this before use, and there's a little ball or something inside the bottle that helps mix it up while you shake it. I enjoy the little noise it makes, like a tiny sunblock maraca lol. Now, the price is pretty high but I really do think it's worth it. I have yet to find a good drugstore dupe, so I will continue to bite the bullet with this awesome sunscreen!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBrown

a year ago

This is a really good, but not perfect facial sunscreen for sensitive skin. Its best features are probably how gentle it is, and its consistency. However for the cost I'd expect a little more. The Good High SPF Goes on thin and absorbs easily Non-greasy and no breakouts Extremely good for sensitive skin! Water resistant I actually used this regularly, not only on my face, but also on a fresh tattoo without any hint of irritation. Such a relief from standard sunscreens that actually feel like they're burning my face. It's a very thin, milky consistency that spreads and absorbs easily without feeling oily. Oh and it's water resistant so it sticks around even when you get sweaty. Didn't cause breakouts either. It has a light but pleasant enough smell, with that classic zinc undertone. While it's subtle, I did find the smell lingered. The Bad Slightly chalky under makeup Expensive for the amount you get It's such a small bottle for the cost, and I went through it very quickly. Even if you only apply it once a day, it won't last you all summer. My other complaint is that I do find it leaves a chalky finish when foundation is applied over it. Only noticeable when you're looking really close, but this combined with the quantity is enough that I'm trying other brands. I'm very pale so I don't notice a colour change, but those with darker skin might find the chalkiness leaves a white cast. Ymmv Recommend for extra sensitive and fair skin. If you dont mind the cost it's an excellent choice for those who go without foundation on the daily and react badly to most other sunscreens.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

Good sunscreen but leaves a white cast. I minimize the chalkiness by applying immediately after moisturizing so my skin is not dry. Contains silicones as well so I will not be repurchasing. With that being said, it does not cause breakouts.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

Leaves an intense white cast and makes my face itch. Not a good SPF for me and my rosacea. No fragrance to this and bottle is functional but cumbersome in my arthritic hands.

About reviewer (1591 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

Goes on lightweight. Leaves a slight white cast. For me this doesn’t suffice as a foundation primer. I don’t seem to break out from this like I do with most sunscreens.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

To be fair, I only tried a Sephora sample, but here's my impression. I am a pale person. Like Conan O'Brien pale. This sunscreen somehow made me ever whiter. Normally, physical sunscreens will start me with a white cast, then eventually blend in as I start sweating/living/etc. Not this. I stayed perfectly geisha'd and matte throughout the day. But I like the higher spf, the mattifying quality (I get a little oily with sunscreen), and the fact that it didn't irritate my uber sensitive skin. So I think I might purchase a full bottle. Will update if I end up hating it long term.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

This product reacted very bizarrely with my skin. I have acne-prone and very oily skin. I was previously using the Clarins UV 50 Sunscreen Multi-Protection SPF 50 which I still do looovveeeeee, but it just doesn't have the proper ingredients for full broad spectrum sun protection which is why I turned to this one. When I first put this on over moisturizer it mattifies my skin a bit, but also makes my makeup go much smoother over my pores which is amazing. My makeup looks much more flawless and air-brushed. The weird part w this product is that it reallyreally messes up my makeup for the rest of the day. My ELDW can last me 6+ hours (including blotting once or twice), but with this that time diminishes to about 3-4 hours. I start to look shiny, and my makeup turns cakey, patchy, and begins to separate. Really unfortunate since I need my sunscreen to work with makeup and I love the ingredients in this sunscreen. But it's just a horrible combination when paired w very oily skin.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I'm allergic to sunlight and have a bad reaction to most sunscreens, but I love swimming and the outdoors. Before I found this sunscreen, I'd just try to suck it up and deal with the burning and redness that other sunscreens caused, and I'd inevitably still wind up with a sunburn somehow (and wind up deathly ill), no matter how much and how carefully I applied. I took this Shiseido with me on a river trip where I was in and out of the water and outside all day, only reapplied once throughout the day, and I did not burn and it did not irritate my skin at all. I'm very pale, and I didn't notice a white cast with this (but I'd deal with the white cast to be able to go outside and enjoy myself). It isn't oily at all. It's just a dream product for me. Non-irritating, non-oily, so protective, waterproof and amazing.

About reviewer (268 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is my first ever 5 star review because this sunscreen is that good of a product. It dissapears into your skin leaving a slightly tacky but smooth matte finish. The oil control aspect is better than the majority of the product that was marketed as oil control moisturizer/primer. Add a drop of foundation/bronzer if the white cast is bothering you. I use it as my primer as well, or mix it with a pump of foundation in there for a bit coverage. Makes my foundation last all day. Keeps the oil slick looking fresh and matte all day. Doesn't smell like sunscreen!!!!! May not be great on dehydrated skin as it does cling a bit to dry skin so you gotta moisturize real nice like you should. If you don't need oil control then any other sunscreen is as good. If dry skin but likes matte finish i suggest La Roche Posay's mineral primer spf 50. I work in cosmetics and have never been so happy with a product. Price is steep but worth every penny.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium