3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

17 hours ago

FYI This has not been discontinued, it is now called Revlon ColorStay Full Cover Foundation, but it's exactly the same except it's in more hygienic tube packaging. I have been using this foundation on, and off, and now on again since I was 15. Buff matches my winter skin tone perfectly, the foundation blends well with just about any moisturizer I've tried so I can wear it like a tinted moisturizer, and it covers ALL my redness. I have clear skin for the most part, but I get these flushed red patches on my lower cheeks, IDK I can't describe it, but if you also have it then you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I usually top with my regular loose powder and then setting spray or pat on some lotion so as not to have that powdery grandma look. This seriously lasts all day, all night, into the next morning. Basically if you don't wash your face, some trace of this foundation will be on there forever. But I get compliments on my skin all the time when I wear this, and it's difficult to tell I'm even wearing makeup, even in direct sunlight. I use DHC Cleansing oil, warm water, and a washcloth to remove (when I do...). AND it has never made me breakout.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

This foundation was recommended by a friend who is an ardent Revlon fan. I had never tried their bestselling Colorstay foundation and so, I had nothing to compare it to in their range. But honestly, I was quite impressed with the texture and the coverage. I used it in dots and used my finger on the first day. It was great! Did not dry my skin out nor did it look cakey. Its a very natural looking foundation which is my criteria when choosing foundations. The foundation lasts a while on the skin. When used with beauty blender, its amazing too. The only problem I have with it is the bulky jar and its quite heavy. Its not meant for your bag at all. Had it been in a tube or a pump, I would have definitely re-purchased.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is discontinued except for a couple of shades (emailed revlon & they said they were only offering 2 shades & might DC totally it in the near future. That was an Revlon rep). It’d be a shame because I loved this fdtn & I’m not normally into DS MU but this is 1 of the best DS 1s it really wears well & doesn’t get shiny (I’m v oily) if set w a good quality powder I don’t have to blot for a few hours unlike the liquid that gets gross it gets shiny & greasy & gross. I’d be sad to see this go. I’d rebuy if I wanted a DS fdtn. Rn I’m using chanel which is like a better version of this (this is $12 or $13; chanel is $130! It’d better be much better [and the chanel is!!]). This will be missed by me but hoping I can pick up 3-4 b4 it’s completely gone for wearing around the house. This isn’t funny shet, revlon, bring it back! Grade: B

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I love this stuff better than Estee Lauder Double wear honestly. If you use a silicone primer with this. (I have to because I have issues with makeup settling into fine lines always) there is absolutly no wrinkles at all. (Without primer its still not the worst wrinkle filler though, and still looks amazing) But its not thick, blends easily, photographs perfect in every single form of lighting you can think of, gives a porcelain finish, covers everything, and if its a bad blemish you can dot it back over like a concealer and it covers it perfectly, lasts into the next day with powder and setting spray, I can't go on enough about this product. There's no spf hence why it looks great in pictures and why I can't stand spf in foundations. But you can always put some on underneith for the bad summer sun days, and it will still stay on. Lol! I hope they don't discontinue it, they stopped selling it at the CVS by me but I still see it on their website thankfully. But yeah I really do like this better than eldw. It works and looks better for a fraction of the cost.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

1.0
from

2 years ago

i really like long wearing foundations like el doublewear for my mature combination skin. colorstay whipped is the worst. after a full day of work my skin which is pretty good for 49 looked worse than it would with nothing at all. cryptkeeper status. its going in the trash. total fail.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBlack

2 years ago

This is a lovely foundation. I was hesitant when first purchasing this because I really dislike both the formula and color selection of Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation, but decided to go for it because it was on sale. A bit of background information: I have oily skin that tends to break down foundation quickly along with mild to moderate cystic acne. My main objective when wearing foundation is to cover my acne scaring and control my oily skin. This foundation met all my goals. I wear 200 sand beige which I find similar to L'Oreal true match n3, Mac nc 20/25, and Smashbox 1.2. I feel that it is a dupe for Smashbox's Studio Skin, but with an easier application and more better finish. Pros: -This foundation offers a natural finish. When applied lightly and with a beauty blender, it looks like skin while offering medium coverage. -This is definitely long wearing. It's my go to for my 12+ hour school days. -It wears well on my oily skin. I don't feel the need to powder when I first apply it and only blot once or twice within a 12 hour time period. -This foundation can be built up to offer better coverage in spots that you need it. I often use a bit as concealer by letting it set a bit on problem areas before blending it out. - Despite the jar packaging, my acne prone skin is not irritated by it. - It reminds me of many high end foundations such as Smashbox Studio Skin and Estee Lauder DW, in its longevity. When applied lightly and on a moisturized base, the application and initial finish reminds me a bit of Chanel Sublimage foundation. However, I prefer this due to the fact that Studio Skin and DW tend to emphasize my texture and look heavy and Sublimage doesn't wear well on my skin type. Also the price obviously. Cons: - It's packaged in a jar. I don't really mind it at all as i've had no issues with breaking out, but it is bulky. - Currently the only place I see it's available is on Revlon's website. -The shade range- there seems to currently be only four shades available. - If you apply to much, it can look cakey. It took me a few tries to determine how much to apply to get the finish I wanted. Well that's about all. I hope this little review helps any of you guys that are looking to try this out!!!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0

2 years ago

I really like how this felt on my dry skin and had no complaints about how long it lasted. It did break my skin out though, so I won’t buy it again. Probably because the packaging is unsanitary. I really hate packaging that is unsanitary and “pot” designed foundations are the absolute worst. Unless you disinfect your hands or whatever tool you are using to retrieve the foundation every single time perfectly, bacteria thrives in this moist, dark little tub of foundation that can be used over and over for months.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

Goes on smooth and blends great. It's moisturizing, but isn't greasy. Good coverage. Good for my combination and mature skin. Will buy again.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

EyesOther

2 years ago

This past weekend, I had almost $40 in CVS Extra Bucks and decided I would stock up on my new HG foundation. This product started out as a definite Meh for me - but recently, I'd dug it out and gave it another try, to find that the color (Warm Golden) is the best match ever for me, and that it has durability throughout the business day. Not sure why I didn't like it initially, but this is now my go-to for most days. I find the gel texture to be easy to work with using fingers to apply and blend. I don't get much, if any, oxidation. It's subtly perfect - initially it can seem kind of blah, until you look at yourself in hour 5 or 6 and see how well everything is holding up. So with Extra Bucks ready and waiting on my card, alas, I found that the Whipped Creme foundation is no more. I bought instead the liquid ColorStay for normal to dry skin, in Sand Beige (since Warm Golden is not offered in this product), and will give it a fair trial. I found a site today that sells discontinued cosmetics, mostly drugstore brands, called Buy Me Beauty, and they have all shades of the Whipped Creme foundation in stock. I bought 4. (FYI I should mention that I was not a drugstore foundation girl until this product. I've tried so many, from so many different high-end brands, that I just have never been wild about or wanted to buy twice. It was just chance that I dug this out, probably left over from some business trip on which I forgot to bring foundation from home.)

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0
from

3 years ago

I really wanted to like this because it's different, but I wouldn't buy again. I could always feel it on my face, and it felt very heavy. It also settled into my fine lines.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Cool