Dove Clear Tone Skin Renew Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

Dove Clear Tone Skin Renew Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
Clear Tone Skin Renew Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

Active Ingredients Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly15.2% Inactive Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane , Stearyl Alcohol , C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate , PPG 14 Butyl Ether , Hydrogenated Castor Oil , PEG 8 , Fragrance , Dimethicone , Silica , Polyethylene , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Steareth 100 , BHT , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I sweat right through it, within 1-2 hours. It does seem to prevent BO for several hours after that, but I can't deal with the cold, damp sensation under my arms. Even worse, it sometimes crumbles off my skin several hours after applying. I do love the smell, which is clean and slightly fruity without being overpowering, as many Dove antiperspirant fragrances are.

on 6/19/2017 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've always used the dove deodorant in the revive scent (pomegranate and lemon verbena). Currently today's temperature will be 111 degrees where I live so needless to say I need something to help keep me fresh all day long. They had a pack of these original scented clear tone deodorants at Costco and so I purchased them because I absolutely love the dove deodorant I had been using. I figured since it was the same brand it would work the same but just have a different scent. Boy was I wrong!!!!! While neither one keep me completely dry in this heat the revive one does keep me fresh and smelling good all day long. This clear tone one disappointed me. Within a couple hours of putting it on I could smell some odor coming the and that was just wearing it in my air conditioned house! Thank goodness for Costcos awesome return policy because back these went and I have since repurchased my go to dove deodorant in the revive scent. I do have to say that this didn't irritate my skin at all but the other dove deodorant does not either.

on 8/15/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I've noticed some of these bottles say "24 hours" but mine says "48 hours"-- regardless, this barely lasted 2 hours in the summer heat on me! I like the "sheer touch" scent, that's all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awesome deodorant I was given this but a friend to try (weird I know) I was pretty sceptical but after a few weeks there was radical improvement!

I think i bought this deodorant for about $5 CAD. This deodorant lasts me all day (but I sometimes have to wonder if its the scent overpowering the odour). After a week of using this deodorant, I noticed improvement on the skin tone of my armpits. They were noticeably lighter! Even though this deodorant worked in lightening my armpits, I would not repurchase since I am gravitating more towards all-natural deodorants.

PROS:
-lightened my dark armpits fast (*I heard that using chemicals and all sorts of weird things on your armpits could actually darken the area even more due to the buildup of chemicals)
-lasts me all day
-inexpensive

CONS:
-strong perfumy scent

I've always had a love/hate relationship with deodorants. I have very sensitive skin, and my armpits in particular can only tolerate certain shaving creams, razors, and underarm protection. That being said, this is probably the best underarm deodorant I've ever tried. It has a light, fresh scent that isn't cloying or irritating. It never gives me those pesky bumps that prevent me from getting a clean shave later on. Don't let the words "clear tone protection" confuse you. This is a solid cream that will stain any black clothing. I would love it if it came in gel or spray form, but nothing is perfect! I am currently transitioning into more natural deodorants, but I will return to this one if my attempt at a more organic lifestyle proves ineffective.
*Some people have mentioned that this product didn't provide adequate protection in heat. This is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. It won't prevent you from sweating, but it will help with any body odor that is naturally emitted from your body.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have the pink one of this. I have been super impressed with this. I have not paid attention to if this has helped with my underarm tone. I have noticied though that my skin is much more moisturized. I do not have as many ingrown hairs there as I have previously. And the thing I love is the scent. This has such a lovely scent to it that I actually cannot wait to smell it. It is a nice, scent that is pretty without being too floral smelling. I only had one problem with this and it was the packaging. At the very end when I had about a half inch left this completely fell apart and was no longer usable. I know that usually towards the end of a deodrant it gets harder to use, but this completely fell apart. Otherwise this is a great product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This caused me to break out in my underarms for some reason. I also did not notice any lightening of the area at all. It left a film that would start to build up after a while. Very disappointed.

on 7/10/2014 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really impressed! I like the light scent of the pink one, and it doesn't seem to leave any white marks on my clothes. It keeps me dry in the summer heat. I've only been using it for a week, and looked at my underarms today and they really look great! The tone is certainly improved, with no bumps or dark areas.

on 6/8/2014 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love dove deodorants, most of them have lovely dmell, lasts long, and easily available from any stores. The only issue is that i have to use spoonge to properly cleanse the product from my underarms as its quite heavy and thick, but it protects really well. Good job ! :-)