Too Faced Better than False Lashes

image 1image 2image 3image 4

2.7

on 4/4/2016 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE too faced products, but my mascara, I am super fussy on. This didnt tick ALL my boxes unfortunately but....its too faced and their packaging gets me EVERYTIME HAHAHa

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a free mini-sized bottle of this as a gift when I made a big purchase of makeup at Sephora. I really do not care for this mascara. Some said they lost lashes when wearing this. Although I did not lose lashes, it made my lashes rather brittle. I just didn't like the texture in general. There are drug store brand mascaras that are way better than this. I'm disappointed that Too Faced would make a somewhat poor quality mascara when I consider them a good brand.

To Read all 105 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read the other reviews and understand why people might not like this. I will say that I bought this some years ago and it worked alot better so it seems they might have changed the formula. I only use this for my bottom lashes and it still does a descent job again not quite as good as what I remember but still better then a regular old mascara. I use the better then sex mascara with this one tho and layer it on .

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I think most of the other reviews sum this up. I can usually make a not-so-good mascara work...but THIS...is a whole new level of bad.
It's just so...sticky! The fibres go everywhere, it can look good for about 5 seconds max. Then once you blink your eyelashes stick together and make a big mess! And it just does not dry at all. Even wearing the black mascara alone is awful. I threw it straight into the bin which I have NEVER done with a product before. Bleh.

on 7/18/2015 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This crap nearly ruined my eyes it burned them I kid you not!!i had red eyes and my lashes were coming out :( awful buyer beware!

on 7/17/2015 10:09:00 PM

This mascara does make your lashes long and beautiful but beware you can lose your lashes! I lost more than half my lashes and got infections in both my eyes. I went to the eye doctor and was advised I have permanent root damage and some of my lashes will NEVER grow back. I have contacted Too face to let them know. Hopefully they do more research and testing so this does not happen to other women.

I picked this up at Nordies Rack as it was ridiculously cheap. I skimmed through the reviews while in line-I should have listened to the warnings. This product has taken half of my lashes, they are so thin and short. I tried it 2x and found it to be a lash ripper both times.

Don't waster your money.

I was so excited to try this product not realizing it came with another tube (this one with white fibers)... I decided to try it anyway because well why not!? I love Better than Sex Mascara.. This should better no? WELL... The mascara itself is actually really nice.. Those silly little white fibers.. I can do without! they should have just put the fibers inside the mascara if they wanted to create a fiber mascara product because once you apply another coat of mascara to top the white fibers they become black and still fall down on your face! -_- (Don't really get why they were made white). Once I noticed this I immediatly applied another coat of mascara to really seal those guys in. It worked better but I still found 1-2 later in the day but no more than that. Lashes look nice and not spidery but I already have long decently full lashes so the fibers really weren't something I needed.. I just really wanted the mascara because I liked the wand loI.. I think I'll try the mascara on its own one more time to see if it's worth keeping or returning the whole thing back to Sephora and sticking to BTS... 3 lippes because half the product was good. (the mascara :) )

on 2/16/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst mascara ever!!! Lashe's keep sticking together every time i blinked. I couldn't even drive had to pull over and add a coat of bobby brown on too just to make them stop sticking together.. Besides that it made them look a bit longer but not thick at all:( Would not spend any $$$ on this Again! In fack i'm taking this back today!! I tried it about 5 times and same issue every time.

on 2/14/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is something I'm very conflicted on. I love the end result it gives, but I have a very specific way of applying it (which I shall share) and it takes forever. The mascara itself is not great but provides a great sticky base for the fibers. It doesn't provide a lot of length or volume or anything but that's not the point because the mascara isn't really the main event here. The main problem I have with the mascara is that it is so sticky that every time I blink, my eye sticks together and I look like a crazy person. But I found a way to remedy that, which I shall share in a bit. The fibers are why the set is worth it. It adds so much length and volume that it truly makes your lashes incredible. The problem with this, though is that it doesn't work with mascara other than the one included.

Now onto how I make this work... I was so frustrated with the mascara being unbearably sticky and the fibers not working with any other mascara that despite getting amazing eyelashes, I put it away for a while. But then I came back to it after getting an idea... what if I added another mascara to the mix? Here's how I do it...

1. Start with either a coat of too faced mascara and immediately follow with fibers or start with a coat of regular mascara, let it dry, then add too faced mascara and add fibers.
2. Alternate too faced mascara and fibers until you get the look you desire.
3. Add a coat of too faced mascara and let it dry.
4. On top of everything, add a coat or two of regular mascara and let it dry.
5. This is important! Get rid of any too faced mascara that may have migrated onto the bottom lashes and do them in regular mascara.

It's a long and elaborate process but you know what? It's worth it because it gives you insane lashes and eliminates the sticky aspect that is probably the biggest problem with this mascara. I would repurchase because I like the way my lashes look with this system, but if I find a better one I would switch over.