Shiseido Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Shiseido  Eyelash Curler

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'll admit that I've been out of the lash curling game for some time. Most likely due to being traumatized by a Cover Girl lash curler in high school. Ulta had a 50% off sale for these lash curlers and I couldn't resist. I am so happy I purchased this curler. It's perfect for my large, almond shaped eyes. In the mornings, the ends of my lashes are facing downward (cause I sleep on my side) but using this gives me a beautiful curl to all lashes. It does not pinch my lids and I'm very squeamish about that! Its hinges move up and down very smoothly, absolutely no jarring. Lash curlers depend on your eye shape so this may not work out for you. I know personally the Shu Umera, which is highly recommended, was too small for my eyes. This lash curler comes with 1 extra pad.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this during my trip to Sapporo, Japan and its A LIFE CHANGER! It should be noted that this is also ridiculously cheap in Japan that you can buy this in the drugstore (as well as their famous foundation brush). If you have a trip to Japan, pick this up and you won't regret it!

My old curler was a cheap drugstore one I bought in CVS and it always hurts me and is not curved right to grab all my lashes. This one somehow just fits my small asian eyes. I also love the spare rubbers it comes with! This is one of my fave beauty tools that I can't live without, I highly recommend this!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This and shu umeras are the best eyelash curlers out there, everything else is not as good.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG HG HG!!! I am Asian with hooded eyes and a flatter eye shape. I have downward facing lashes and this curler perfectly curls them and fans them out. Easy to use and a gamechanger for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I don't have any other high end lash curlers to compare this to because I've only purchased drug store brands in the past. I always thought all lash curlers performed the same and never thought I'd ever drop nearly 20 bucks on one. In my teens and twenties I used mostly revlon or tweezerman brand curlers, while they got the job done, I'd always have a few lashes on the end that wouldn't fit in the curler or my lashes would get weird crimps in them and usually a couple hours after curling, my lashes would lose the curl. Now that I'm nearing my mid 30's, I've noticed my lashes aren't as lush as they once were and drug store curlers aren't cutting it for me. Lo and behold here comes Shiseido, well I can honestly say these curlers exceeded my expectations. It gently grasped all my lashes in one go, with a couple of squeezes and a 10-15 second hold, I'm left with crimp free, perfectly curled lashes that last all day without falling flat. If you're stuck in the drug store lash curler rut, try these out cause they're simply amazing.

on 2/12/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It really goes a long way to buy a good quality eyelash curler. I found that this eyelash curler doesnt really rip out my eyelashes (opposed to my previous Revlon eyelash curler) and it really works its magic! I'm talking about having short, sparse, straight eyelashes and this baby gives me some eyelash look. Be careful cause you might accidently clip your eyelid (and goes for any other eyelash curler) since this doesn't line up perfectly with my eye. Minus one lippy for the price, but other than that, essential makeup must have!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG staple of mine, for years

Shu Uemura was too "rounded" for me. My eyes are more almond shape than round.

I have this in the gunmetal color which I'm not sure is LE or a permanent color, but it looks alot cooler than the normal silver one.

Be sure to periodically change out the rubber pads. Putting a new one in gives new life to the curler.

HG!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really miss Shu being sold in the US. With that being said I heard shiseido was the next best thing WRONG!! My fist pad lasted me about 8mths your probably thing "that's great" wrong again. The pad on my Shu lasted me 2yrs and yes I used it every day. Not to mention the replacement pad it cam with must have been defective since it broke in 3weeks.

I do like the pretty gunmetal color this came in but that's not enough to make me repurchase.

If you ladies loved SHU try Japonesque Power Curl eyelash curler (amazon or ulta) not to mention you get FREE pads for the life of your eyelash curler!!! I have short stick straight lashes and this gives me that perfect curl not the awkward "L" shape. This is the closest this to Shu.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

All those years of going through mediocre lash curlers was worth it. Why? Because I can now fully appreciate the art of the eyelash curler that is Shiseido. It makes curling your lashes a breeze. With my old curlers, I had to wait up to 30 seconds to get okay lashes, but this takes me no longer than 6 seconds.
I wanted to test how long this keeps a curl (without mascara) so I kept myself busy for approx. 5 hours. Later, I checked the mirror not expecting anything spectacular, but I could not believe my eyes! There it is, lashes that are still perfectly curled, just the way I left it. I did however pinched myself a few times with this curler upon trial. This is easily overlooked as it takes practice getting used to. HG product for me and highly recommend!

on 5/10/2013 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I like the rubber pad on this curler because it isn't as squishy as the silicon pad on my cheap Revlon curler. This means I don't have to squeeze so hard and for so long. It's very effective at catching and curling my super straight Asian lashes that point down. The curl lasts all day when combined with my Urban Decay Cannonball mascara.

One downside as mentioned in previous reviews is that the color of the curler is so dark that I can't see my lashes through it as well, which makes me pinch myself if I'm not careful. I find this to be a minor bother when compared to the great results I get.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools