Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes

2.5

Water, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Boswellia Serrata Gum, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG/PPG-20/6 Dimethicone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Lactate, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract.

on 3/22/2016 10:39:00 PM

These wipes irritated my skin SO MUCH. Don't get me wrong, they did a decent job of removing makeup, but my face literally burned after each use. If you have sensitive skin, these wipes are a nightmare, it feels like you are rubbing acid on your face.

on 11/13/2015 10:44:00 AM

This product is absolutely awful in my opinion. I purchased these face wipes about a week and a half before Halloween this year, and used them to remove my makeup, considering iv used the blue kind of these before. Under the impression they would work in the same way ye blue ones have, I proceeded to use them. Right upon opening them, the scent was way overpowering and quite unbearable, but being I had no other wipes I used them. I went all over my face with them, and when I say they stung like h*** , they stung. I immediately rinsed my face with cool water and pat dried my face with a towel. The stinging slowly went down, as I laid in bed and went to sleep for the night. I woke up the next morning with a red rash spread all over my face. Burning and itching intensely, I hurried to First care to see what this was from (Didn't cross my mind it was from these wipes, I know stupid.) They prescribed me a steroid for 12 days.. didn't work. Then I went to my primary doctor and was AGAIN prescribed the same steroid. agin didn't take away the red,puffy, itching eyes I had. Finally I went to my dermatologist this past week, and was prescribed a cream to apply to the inflamed area. I'm convinced this cream made the burning worse. Today is the 13th of Nobemver and this has been going on for weeks now, and I'm convinced it's from these face wipes. My eyes are swollen and my face is extremely dry, and burning. So basically unless you want f****d up skin, DO NOT USE THESE WIPES. Absolutely awful.

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It seems the majority of these reviews think that this product is a makeup remover but it is not. It is a cleansing wipe and not to be used around the eye area.

I picked these up for a camping trip so I could wash my acne prone face at night easily and without using up our water. They seemed to work well enough, though I really do not like the smell. Got my sunscreen off and helped clear my skin a little bit (though it might have been the fresh air and sun!).

Now that I'm back at home I use these after a workout to cleanse off the sweat. They feel a little harsh (I'm on retin-a) but do a good job at getting my face clean when I'm on the go.

I would never use this to remove makeup and only use them on no-makeup days.

on 8/20/2015 10:07:00 PM

I already strongly despise products that include the words wipe or towlette. I do not like the idea of using a wipe to do any type of cleaning for my face, but for my lazy days I will use make-up removing wipes despite my hatred. I have to say I used these a few years ago to take off my make-up.. The only thing I can really commend this product for is the refreshing smell and feel of the wipes when you use them. I also recall the wipes often irritating my skin. Overall, they didn't do much for me in terms of aiding my acne or removing make-up and left a sticky film on my face as almost all wipes do.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These burned my eyes like no other would never purchase or recommend.

on 7/29/2015 4:44:00 PM

This one had refreshing scent so I was not averse to it. However the wipes themsevles are not wet enough and it felt abrasive on my skin. I would consider buying it for the scent yet my skin feels a bit flushed after using this so probably not. This removed my makeup OK though.

on 7/21/2015 2:36:00 AM

My daughter bought these and they seemed interesting so I tried them. What a mistake! The smell was awful and progressively got worse...then the stinging started. My eyes were burning so badly my daughter came running into the bathroom and she proceeded to tell me how she never uses them for her eyes. Now I must ask, what good are wipes if not to use on your entire face? By this point, I really was in a lot of pain I was pressing a washcloth against my eyes to try to stop the burning. Needless to say, I will never use these again...for any part of my face. Please save yourself a lot of pain and trouble, do not purchase these.

This makeup remover is terrible. Despite labelling it as appropriate for sensitive skin, it is highly scented. You will smell like you squeezed a grapefruit all over your body. I do not mean a light, citrusy, whiff. Literally, people will be confused about why it smells so much like actual grapefruits yet they see no grapefruits. So if you want a scent that confuses people then go for it. Anyways, so since this scent is stronger than any of the perfumes I own it is clearly terrible for sensitive skin! I didnt use it near my eye area yet my eyes burned anyways. It says it is not neccesary to rinse, but it is definitely neccesary, unless you are fine with weird clumps of makeup sitting around your face. it didnt remove my makeup, it shoved it all together and put it in a few spots around my face and then when i reapplied makeup the makeup formed hideous orange patches on top of this makeup. I guess they meant "neccesary" in the loosest possible interpretation of the word. This also seems to make me break out....I do get break outs once in awhile so maybe its not this, but I think its so acidic it dries out my skin then breaks me out. Anyways, i think its strange that these didnt remove all the makeup despite the harsh scent. It smells more citrusy than mr clean. Also I used this over the course of multiple months at least a few times a week before making my conclusion (no idea why it took me so long to throw this out. but now that i have thrown it out at work in the garbage at my desk, people keep asking why it smells like grapefruit)

on 1/6/2015 2:30:00 PM

These are really terrible cleansing wipes. They dont clean very well at all and they have menthol in it which stings and makes my eyes water even though I dont even use them on my eyes (that would be a terrible mistake btw). These might be nice to use on your body in the summer, I could imagine that would feel nice. But NOT for the face. Why do some companies think its a good idea to put menthol in face products???

Pros
-cooling menthol would be nice on the BODY

cons
-doesnt cleanse
-stings and irritates the face
-menthol, terrible for the face

I wish I didn't buy these.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought these cause i liked the pink grapefruit cleanser. They also made my face sting, and always left some residude. It usually didnt completely remove my eyeliner either but its better than not removing your makeup at all. It kind of makes me wish i read some of the other reviews before i bought it.