L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to everyday foundation. The match is perfect. My skin is combination and this foundation doesn’t cling to my dry areas. It looks amazing and lasts throughout a whole night, making my skin look flawless. After applying, I give it about 30 min and the foundation sinks in and becomes one with my skin. I powder a bit on my cheeks and forehead so I don’t get too oily. I absolutely never look cakey in this! Great drugstore option for dry skinned girls!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. It's hard for me to find an exact match for foundation. But with the range of cool neutral and warm I found the perfect match! C5. Been using it for 2.5 years and one pump gives the right amount of coverage for a natural look :)

UPDATE 28/08: After using this again, I retract my comment before when I said that it isn't dewy in natural light but it certainly is when applied on top of a lotion/moisturiser. Looks quite nice for several hours, however it can then start to feel greasy, with make-up kinda sliding around. I also feel the need to blend the crease it leaves on my smile lines more often. Still gonna leave 4 lippies for this but not a product I see myself reaching out for.

I rather use my MUFE Face & Body because of the longevity of the product looking great all day on my face, and it being more transfer resistant than this one.

Previous review:
I am wearing this today for the first time. I've wanted a dewy day to day foundation to alternate with my Dr Perricone MD No Foundation Serum (which is a bit more on the matte side). The good thing about this foundation which I was very concerned about was that it doesn't give polka dot pores. In fact it does a good job of not looking heavy or feeling heavy for that matter. In comparison to Bjourois Healthy Mix Serum (which did not work for me at all), the L'Oreal Lumi wins hands down. It even does a much better job than Boots No. 7 Perfect Foundation too in terms of adding some light reflective qualities.

In the evening or indoors (without harsh lighting), this looks flawless and when light reflects back from say, a computer screen! it definitely gives that beautiful luminous effect. But as soon as I stand near the window (true light), skin tone looks quite flat and not dewy at all.

I'm surprised a lot of people feels this foundation gave them that very wet, dewy look as I did not. I even layered with a Aqua primer beforehand.

I still prefer my MUFE F&B foundation but can only use it sparingly due to acne causing if I use it everyday.

I am extremely fussy with foundation choices so although this isn't perfect, it is a lot better than others I've tried.

Love this product , a lovely medium coverage foundation. Feels so nice on my skin. Glides on, stays on relatively well throughout my long hot days at work and provides medium but buildable coverage with a nice glow for healthy looking skin! Also cheap and bottle is pretty :)

This foundation doesn't have the best coverage, but it is lovely for a radiant, natural look.
It blends effortlessly into the skin, and is quick and easy to apply.

It is not ideal for oily skin types.

For normal to dry skin it is lovely to wear for a natural look, and great to go out for dinner/party in as it is luminous, though not long lasting (so probably not the best for work). So it will look lovely for maybe 5 hours tops before needing reapplication.

Recommend for those days you want something glowing and natural looking where you don't care about full coverage, but want to look nice.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely terrible product! I have fairly dry skin with some noticeable dry patches round my nose and mouth. I was looking for a foundation that would hopefully give me a radiant dewy effect as my skin is dry. The finish of this was orange (I got the lightest shade rose pearl) it looked awfully greasy on the skin and lasted for about an hour!! So disappointing!!!

I'm already on my second bottle of this because it is one of the only foundations I can use when my skin is seriously dry! Really recommend this for people with dry skin or anyone who wants a luminous foundation with good staying power and good coverage.

I am a foundation junkie, it's my thing. I've pretty much tried and tested near every brand, I'm constantly on the hunt for my HG. I really actually only bought this because my friend started wearing it, she was looking so dewy, soft and had this beaming complexion which made her look stunning. I asked what she was wearing ? And she told me this foundation. I had to try it.

I had bought loreal match before and I'm usually a w3/4 depending on if I have been self tanning more. I actually purchased this in W5, looking back I think it was a bit too dark but it wasn't too off.

Initially I wore this foundation nearly everyday, I wore it too one of my best friends wedding instead of my usual studio fix( in hindsight I wished I hadn't) After experimenting with so many different foundations, I've realised this was not meant for me (my friend - yes, me not so much)
I prefer a full and matte flawless finish. This is incredibly luminous, made me look very shiny and artificial. It's thick a lot thicker then LTM and gives a medium coverage but is build able. It's not a bad foundation by any means just not suitable for everyone, someone actually commented that it looks really weird on my skin.

I think this is more suited to more mature skin , if you have oily skin I would avoid this. I wouldn't re purchase but can imagine this would look good on some people. I would definitely recommend a powder to set this.

PROS

* decent ish coverage
* feels hydrating
* thick and easy to blend
* would look great on a mature skin tye
CONS

* too wet looking for my liking
* very fake looking ( not a natural looking finish)
* doesn't last long on your face

This foundation has good coverage and has a glowing finish. I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. Blends easily and feels lightweight. Lasts for a decent amount of time but needs powdering every few hours I find.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is lovely light way foundation, looks beautiful on the skin but better suitable for someone with more dry skin and maybe who doesn't have a lot to cover up on their faces,