L'Oreal Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin I do prep my skin very well though. I use primers and make sure my skin is moist before applying any foundation but no matter how many times I used this it broke apart within an hour! I've tried every way of applying it and it just breaks into pieces and leaves patches of my face red and others a strange greasy tan colour.. Not a fan sadly :( love the brand but this foundation is a miss especially if you're a dry skin person

Love this product , a lovely medium coverage foundation. Feels so nice on my skin. Glides on, stays on relatively well throughout my long hot days at work and provides medium but buildable coverage with a nice glow for healthy looking skin! Also cheap and bottle is pretty :)

To Read all 157 Reviews, Login or Join

This foundation doesn't have the best coverage, but it is lovely for a radiant, natural look.
It blends effortlessly into the skin, and is quick and easy to apply.

It is not ideal for oily skin types.

For normal to dry skin it is lovely to wear for a natural look, and great to go out for dinner/party in as it is luminous, though not long lasting (so probably not the best for work). So it will look lovely for maybe 5 hours tops before needing reapplication.

Recommend for those days you want something glowing and natural looking where you don't care about full coverage, but want to look nice.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely terrible product! I have fairly dry skin with some noticeable dry patches round my nose and mouth. I was looking for a foundation that would hopefully give me a radiant dewy effect as my skin is dry. The finish of this was orange (I got the lightest shade rose pearl) it looked awfully greasy on the skin and lasted for about an hour!! So disappointing!!!

I wear this foundation quite often, and it's amazing. Whenever i put it on my skin and go out people always compliment my skin and ask me what foundation i am wearing. I have yellow undertones and unfortunately bought the wrong shade (k2 rose porcelain), but i manage to make it work and blend the foundation very well so it matches my yellow neck. i mostly use this foundation when i have dry patches on my face, especially around my nose area and my chin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Lumi liquid foundation is good for a natural daily look. I usually use it when my skin feels dry like in the fall/winter. If I need slightly more coverage I add just a few more dabs but if I overdo it I look like I have a mask on. I like it and I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind foundation too. I don't get greasy/shiny with the Lumi and do touch ups with the True Match pressed powder. It's nice but I want to try the Lumi cushion foundation next.

I'm already on my second bottle of this because it is one of the only foundations I can use when my skin is seriously dry! Really recommend this for people with dry skin or anyone who wants a luminous foundation with good staying power and good coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've found my drugstore HG (for the time being, at least)

This foundation plays really nicely with my dry skin. It has a lovely dewy sheen that imparts a healthy glow - always a plus for us dry skinned gals!

I apply with a beauty blender which I feel gives me a better finish, reducing flakes and visible dry patches. This foundation accentuates flakes only slightly when I've neglected my skincare, but otherwise, is really quite excellent.

Coverage is moderate at best, and while I would love a fuller coverage, with that come the dreaded flakes. I can always put concealer over red patches or blemishes.

Wear isn't incredible without primer. However, WITH primer (face of Australia) and setting spray (nyx dewy finish) it's lasted me a good 8 hours before it's completely faded. I really wish wear was longer, but its hard to find a dewy drugstore foundation that is long wearing.

Packaging is pretty good - the pump always dispenses a perfect amount of foundation. The smell, moreover, isn't overpowering (I hate strongly scented products)

The only other foundations I've found in the drugstore that plays relatively well with dry skin are Bourjois Healthy Mix and Maybelline Fit Me Dewy. I feel that the Lumi wins in terms of finish - it's dewy but doesn't 'cake' like the Fit Me tends to.
The Healthy Mix has more of a natural finish, and, from memory, lasts a little longer. The longevity of Healthy mix may make that a more appealing option for you - all comes down to personal preference.

This may work for you if you have oily or combination skin. My mum has combination skin and found it worked wonderfully for winter. (in summer, however, it was a bit much for her)

DEFINITELY give this one a go if you have dry skin though - it may just be your drugstore HG!

I am a foundation junkie, it's my thing. I've pretty much tried and tested near every brand, I'm constantly on the hunt for my HG. I really actually only bought this because my friend started wearing it, she was looking so dewy, soft and had this beaming complexion which made her look stunning. I asked what she was wearing ? And she told me this foundation. I had to try it.

I had bought loreal match before and I'm usually a w3/4 depending on if I have been self tanning more. I actually purchased this in W5, looking back I think it was a bit too dark but it wasn't too off.

Initially I wore this foundation nearly everyday, I wore it too one of my best friends wedding instead of my usual studio fix( in hindsight I wished I hadn't) After experimenting with so many different foundations, I've realised this was not meant for me (my friend - yes, me not so much)
I prefer a full and matte flawless finish. This is incredibly luminous, made me look very shiny and artificial. It's thick a lot thicker then LTM and gives a medium coverage but is build able. It's not a bad foundation by any means just not suitable for everyone, someone actually commented that it looks really weird on my skin.

I think this is more suited to more mature skin , if you have oily skin I would avoid this. I wouldn't re purchase but can imagine this would look good on some people. I would definitely recommend a powder to set this.

PROS

* decent ish coverage
* feels hydrating
* thick and easy to blend
* would look great on a mature skin tye
CONS

* too wet looking for my liking
* very fake looking ( not a natural looking finish)
* doesn't last long on your face

This foundation has good coverage and has a glowing finish. I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. Blends easily and feels lightweight. Lasts for a decent amount of time but needs powdering every few hours I find.