L'Oreal Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. It's hard for me to find an exact match for foundation. But with the range of cool neutral and warm I found the perfect match! C5. Been using it for 2.5 years and one pump gives the right amount of coverage for a natural look :)

I kinda love this foundation, it has a smooth texture. I have really issues with getting cakey using a lot of foundations, but this one works great for my dry skin specially in these cold days.

Good coverage, colour, finish, and lasting power. This is one of my go-to drugstore foundations currently.

UPDATE 28/08: After using this again, I retract my comment before when I said that it isn't dewy in natural light but it certainly is when applied on top of a lotion/moisturiser. Looks quite nice for several hours, however it can then start to feel greasy, with make-up kinda sliding around. I also feel the need to blend the crease it leaves on my smile lines more often. Still gonna leave 4 lippies for this but not a product I see myself reaching out for.

I rather use my MUFE Face & Body because of the longevity of the product looking great all day on my face, and it being more transfer resistant than this one.

Previous review:
I am wearing this today for the first time. I've wanted a dewy day to day foundation to alternate with my Dr Perricone MD No Foundation Serum (which is a bit more on the matte side). The good thing about this foundation which I was very concerned about was that it doesn't give polka dot pores. In fact it does a good job of not looking heavy or feeling heavy for that matter. In comparison to Bjourois Healthy Mix Serum (which did not work for me at all), the L'Oreal Lumi wins hands down. It even does a much better job than Boots No. 7 Perfect Foundation too in terms of adding some light reflective qualities.

In the evening or indoors (without harsh lighting), this looks flawless and when light reflects back from say, a computer screen! it definitely gives that beautiful luminous effect. But as soon as I stand near the window (true light), skin tone looks quite flat and not dewy at all.

I'm surprised a lot of people feels this foundation gave them that very wet, dewy look as I did not. I even layered with a Aqua primer beforehand.

I still prefer my MUFE F&B foundation but can only use it sparingly due to acne causing if I use it everyday.

I am extremely fussy with foundation choices so although this isn't perfect, it is a lot better than others I've tried.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin I do prep my skin very well though. I use primers and make sure my skin is moist before applying any foundation but no matter how many times I used this it broke apart within an hour! I've tried every way of applying it and it just breaks into pieces and leaves patches of my face red and others a strange greasy tan colour.. Not a fan sadly :( love the brand but this foundation is a miss especially if you're a dry skin person

Love this product , a lovely medium coverage foundation. Feels so nice on my skin. Glides on, stays on relatively well throughout my long hot days at work and provides medium but buildable coverage with a nice glow for healthy looking skin! Also cheap and bottle is pretty :)

This foundation doesn't have the best coverage, but it is lovely for a radiant, natural look.
It blends effortlessly into the skin, and is quick and easy to apply.

It is not ideal for oily skin types.

For normal to dry skin it is lovely to wear for a natural look, and great to go out for dinner/party in as it is luminous, though not long lasting (so probably not the best for work). So it will look lovely for maybe 5 hours tops before needing reapplication.

Recommend for those days you want something glowing and natural looking where you don't care about full coverage, but want to look nice.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely terrible product! I have fairly dry skin with some noticeable dry patches round my nose and mouth. I was looking for a foundation that would hopefully give me a radiant dewy effect as my skin is dry. The finish of this was orange (I got the lightest shade rose pearl) it looked awfully greasy on the skin and lasted for about an hour!! So disappointing!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I wear this foundation quite often, and it's amazing. Whenever i put it on my skin and go out people always compliment my skin and ask me what foundation i am wearing. I have yellow undertones and unfortunately bought the wrong shade (k2 rose porcelain), but i manage to make it work and blend the foundation very well so it matches my yellow neck. i mostly use this foundation when i have dry patches on my face, especially around my nose area and my chin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Lumi liquid foundation is good for a natural daily look. I usually use it when my skin feels dry like in the fall/winter. If I need slightly more coverage I add just a few more dabs but if I overdo it I look like I have a mask on. I like it and I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind foundation too. I don't get greasy/shiny with the Lumi and do touch ups with the True Match pressed powder. It's nice but I want to try the Lumi cushion foundation next.