Olay Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub

Olay Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'd been happily using the foaming cleanser in this line for several months before deciding that the hot, sticky Texas summer calls for something less moisturizing and more cleansing. This facial exfoliant perfectly balances scrubbing power (from very small granules in a thick base) with very, very light moisture. My face never feels tight after washing, nor is there a palpable film left on my skin. It has a slight orange scent, but nothing as strong as Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit, St. Ives Pink Lemon and Mandarin, etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Smells very good, but irritated and burns due to the menthol ingredient in it.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/27/2013 10:16:00 AM

This stuff did not break me out and woke me up in the morning! It did have stronger exfoliating beads than the anit-againg blemish cleanser. I love this stuff and it did give me an improvement on my skin, it feels softer and gets rid of my blemishes faster.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really didn't want to write this negative review because I like Olay products and I love the nourishing creme cleanser so I figured the scrub would be good since I like to use a scrub 2x a week to exfoliate.
This left my skin lobster red for hours with a burning tight like sensation and I don't have sensitive skin. I was really surprised because like I said I like Olay's products especially their face cleansers and their super moisturizing body washes.
Too bad because it's a nice smelling gentle scrub, I guess I'll stick with the other scrub they carry the 2in1 swirl like green bottle scrub.

on 12/28/2012 11:40:00 PM

I find most facial scrubs, tend to leave my face tight and dry, but this was just amazing. My skin felt refreshed, light and soft, and the micro-beads in the scrub itself are small enough that it's not irritating to use this daily (i use it in the morning and before bed) i would buy this again and again.

on 4/12/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Several days ago I purchased this scrub along with the Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control face wash and the Total Effects Firming Night Cream. (I also use Olay Complete SPF 15 Sensitive moisturizer but I have already been using this for the last year.)

I like this scrub. It's scrubbing particles are small and gentle enough for me to use daily, which is what my sensitive skin needs. I have been using this once a day (before bed). I love the smell too, it smells like an orange popsicle. When I pat my face with a towel afterward, my face doesn't feel tight and dry at all.

I have sensitive skin that is acne prone with certain ingredients, and it can easily unbalance to become too oily or too dry (or even oily/dry at the same time). Using this scrub in conjunction with the other products has balanced out my face in just a matter of days. I will continue buying it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

While I really like the add-water TE cleansing cloths, I cannot say the same for this scrub. With its promise of "refreshing citrus" goodness I was hoping for a drugstore duplicate of Bliss's Clog Dissolving Cleansing Milk. But no, it is not. This scrub-that-lathers does cleanse my skin & remove makeup. But I HATE the afterburn---courtesy of menthol. I think it much more menthol than it is citrus. Blech. Menthol is for medicines----and nothing else IMO. I will definitely not repurchase. I am not even sure that I will finish up this tube.