Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.9

on 7/5/2016 5:51:00 AM

I've recently this covered essence and I'm sooooo happy with every single products that I've bought. Such an affordable brand with awesome quality; the ones that I've purchased don't contain parabens too... so win win. and this mascara is EVERY thing, so black so pretty, never clumps or sth does NOT flake and give u that panda eye... deffinetly a repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My go-to drugstore mascara. When I need more mascara but don't have the $$ to buy my HG (TF BTS) I go for this one instead. It's $2.99 at Ulta.

The brush has traditional bristles and is pretty big, which is my preference. The formula isn't too wet or too dry (starts off quite wet but it's workable & becomes a drier consistency with continued use.) This gives plenty of volume, blackness, & enough length to satisfy me (I want my lashes to look fake.) I never have problems with this flaking or smudging. It can be built up without lashes looking clumpy or spidery.

I'd recommend this to anyone, just make sure before you buy that no one has opened or messed with it before, since it doesn't come in any type of external packaging or with a safety seal.

To Read all 95 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought this in the waterproof formula and put it to the test by swimming shortly after applying it. Happy to say it passed the test. No smudging or smearing and my lashes actually feel soft, not stiff. This was a real shocker to me. I wouldn't say I have "extreme volume" but it works well enough for me to re-purchase. And it removes easily with my cleansing balm too. If you haven't tried Essence brand because it's super affordable and you think it doesn't perform, give it a try; there are some really great finds in this line.

on 4/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

This is one of the best mascaras I've used.I like that it's true black and also the consistency lets you apply your mascara very quickly,if in hurry.Thick formula,makes lashes more volumised than longer.It does make lashes pretty long too,though.I'm not surprised it is very well liked mascara.I'm not sure what it costs in the stores but I would pay more than 6$ for getting it.Now that I'm out of it,I'll buy more and maybe couple of them,so it lasts :)))

I really wanted to love this product because of its affordable price tag, but it did not work out for me due to my short, asian lashes. It did a decent job volumizing my lashes, but it takes a lot of coats to get the desired length I want. Compared to maybelline full n soft, this one is much better for natural, extra voluminous lashes. The brush is huge and messy, and always gets on my small eyelids. You will need a lash guard if you do not want the product to get all over your eyes. On the bright side, it holds a curl pretty well. Most mascaras tend to make my lashes droop by the end of the day, but this one didn't. I would recommend this to those who are have medium to long lashes, do not mind cleaning up the mess, and want a buildable mascara to thicken lashes without the spidery, clumpy effect. Overall, it is not bad for the price, and I would buy it again until I find something better. It gets a solid 3.5/5 stars.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm pretty picky when it comes to mascara. When I went to buy this one, at first I was thinking about getting the Extreme Crazy Volume version, but when I saw the brush I was like hell no (I prefer a more traditional wand.) The I Heart Extreme Volume had a more promising looking brush so I picked it up instead.

Well, the bristles to this are still synthetic. They're not rubberized but I prefer a natural bristle. The product itself is pretty good though. One of the better drugstore mascaras I've used. It's cruelty-free and cost $2.99 so I can't complain about it not living up to my HG Too Faced mascara. With this one I have to work with it a little more and need several coats to get me built up to the volume and length I prefer (still falling a bit short.) Really though, for three bucks which is cheaper than even most drugstore mascaras, it's fine.

The formula is pretty wet initially but dries out the more you use it. The drier it gets the better IMO. Doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day.

One thing that sucks about this is there's no plastic seal on the outside and it's not packaged. So you have to carefully inspect the tube before buying to make sure no one has messed with it.

I'd repurchase if I needed new mascara again and didn't have the money at the time for my HG which costs 8 times this much.

on 1/8/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

In general, I hate big brushes, my type of brush is silicone, like max factor false lash effect's. But this big brush is amazing. My lashes are looking big and voluminous. I was using its extreme version but from now on I will continue with this.

This mascara is great, but I prefer the Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara. I have a review on that one as well if you want to check it out.

The applicator is big and bushy, and is very good for getting mascara all over your eyes lol. But the brush does pick up a lot of product and gets to every lash, so that's a plus.

The formula is wet and I'm not a huge fan of wet formulas. They tend to not hold a curl and and get mascara everywhere. This one did get everywhere lol but it's not hard to clean. Kind of holds a curl; I have mascaras that hold one a lot better.

Lengthens well, gives volume, lasts about 7 hours to it's full potential, clumps a little bit and holds a curl ok. I use this mascara on top of others and it works beautifully that way.

Overall, good mascara. Not blown away, but a nice one to try.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It gives me dramatic volume with one quick coat and honestly saves me a lot of time in the morning. If i wear it on my bottom lashes, it tends to smudge under a little so if I'm in a rush i either skip putting mascara there or if I have more time I'll use a different mascara for this. This is a little annoying as most mascaras wont smudge there for me but I'll take it for how good this makes my lashes look, seriously false-lash drama with 2 coats. For those complaining about clumps, well of course it'll look a little clumpy, it's volumizing mascara! If you hate any clumps you should stick to a lengthening/separating mascara, it's the only way you can completely avoid clumps. My favorite part about this is how good it looks along without eyeliner or eyeshadow, it really defines my eyes and it's a great product for a low low price.

This is a great mascara, it doesn't clump my eyelashes together which is my biggest gripe. It gives a lot of volume without mashing your lashes together into one giant eyelash as the benefit they're real one seems to do.. I gave it 5 stars cause it does the job, doesn't smudge, doesn't irritate my eyes and it is cheap so I can throw it away after 2-3 months without cringing about the money wasted.