Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.9

on 1/30/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Adds volume to my straight lashes. Separates them nicely and is a nice deep black. I remove the excess product on a tissue so it doesn't get too clumpy. The brush is quite big so I have to be careful it doesn't get on my eyelid. Didn't flake on me until it started getting old, but for the price its easily replaceable.

on 12/12/2016 12:51:00 AM

I can't get my HG mascara here in Australia (Voluminous) so I've been on the hunt for an affordable drugstore makeup. I use LancĂ´me Cils Booster as a lash primer, and this mascara does a great job of giving me some volume to my lashes. For under $6 AUD, I think this is a good deal. It doesn't flake and lasts all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First of all, this is a review for the WATERPROOF version.

For the longest time I've been very disappointed in mascaras, as I found that none ticked all the boxes for me. Where you had volume, there was clumping, where you had definition, there was no impact etc. My lashes are quite long on their own so usually I look for mascara that just adds a "fuller" effect and a fluttery look.

Not knowing what to expect and since I use a cleansing oil for makeup removal anyways I thought I'd pick the waterproof version for better or for worse.

Well this mascara is INCREDIBLE for the money. The fat bristle brush gave me no issues whatsoever - however I can see how it could be a problem for those with smaller or hooded eyes - and the formula can't be easily described as either wet or dry. I'd say it's wet but not the kind that gets everywhere and clumps your lashes together. Surprisingly, despite the large brush the application was very even and smooth and all my lashes seem to be coated in just the right amount of product very quickly. The impact is almost instantly noticed. What I love the most about it, is how it defines my lashes well and separates them and how I can add coats without them sticking together or looking spidery. Maybe it isn't the most volumizing mascara out there, as I don't find it gives much "body" to my lashes but the effect is still pretty and fluttery and works great from day to night.

As for the lasting power, naturally being a waterproof mascara it didn't give me any smudging throughout the day. Luckily it removed very easily with my cleansing oil just like any other non-waterproof mascara.

My mother who is 60 years old and has short and straight lashes used it and also was quite impressed with it.

Overall, I think this is a superb find and for the price you cannot beat it. Are there better mascaras out there? It's likely. But at the end of the day, mascaras work so differently from person to person that you can't know if it suits you until you try it. This one did it for me.

EDIT: I found overtime that this mascara tends to flake a bit during the day (nothing crazy though) and the formula seems to have dried out rather quickly making it a bit chunky to use.

on 9/8/2016 9:04:00 PM

It is extremely adorable, but I think it is worth spend a little more for something better. You definitely get what you pay for here. It made my lashes look spiky and overdone. I also had a very tough time trying to take it off at the end of the day. Yuck!

on 9/8/2016 5:02:00 PM

I really like this mascara I use this after a layer of loreals carbon black telescopic and my lashes come out perfect. My lashes are stick straight and not very long at all but with this and loreal they come out amazing. I love the price on this and I love their waterproof eyeliner pen as well

on 7/5/2016 5:51:00 AM

I've recently this covered essence and I'm sooooo happy with every single products that I've bought. Such an affordable brand with awesome quality; the ones that I've purchased don't contain parabens too... so win win. and this mascara is EVERY thing, so black so pretty, never clumps or sth does NOT flake and give u that panda eye... deffinetly a repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My go-to drugstore mascara. When I need more mascara but don't have the $$ to buy my HG (TF BTS) I go for this one instead. It's $2.99 at Ulta.

The brush has traditional bristles and is pretty big, which is my preference. The formula isn't too wet or too dry (starts off quite wet but it's workable & becomes a drier consistency with continued use.) This gives plenty of volume, blackness, & enough length to satisfy me (I want my lashes to look fake.) I never have problems with this flaking or smudging. It can be built up without lashes looking clumpy or spidery.

I'd recommend this to anyone, just make sure before you buy that no one has opened or messed with it before, since it doesn't come in any type of external packaging or with a safety seal.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in the waterproof formula and put it to the test by swimming shortly after applying it. Happy to say it passed the test. No smudging or smearing and my lashes actually feel soft, not stiff. This was a real shocker to me. I wouldn't say I have "extreme volume" but it works well enough for me to re-purchase. And it removes easily with my cleansing balm too. If you haven't tried Essence brand because it's super affordable and you think it doesn't perform, give it a try; there are some really great finds in this line.

on 4/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

This is one of the best mascaras I've used.I like that it's true black and also the consistency lets you apply your mascara very quickly,if in hurry.Thick formula,makes lashes more volumised than longer.It does make lashes pretty long too,though.I'm not surprised it is very well liked mascara.I'm not sure what it costs in the stores but I would pay more than 6$ for getting it.Now that I'm out of it,I'll buy more and maybe couple of them,so it lasts :)))

I really wanted to love this product because of its affordable price tag, but it did not work out for me due to my short, asian lashes. It did a decent job volumizing my lashes, but it takes a lot of coats to get the desired length I want. Compared to maybelline full n soft, this one is much better for natural, extra voluminous lashes. The brush is huge and messy, and always gets on my small eyelids. You will need a lash guard if you do not want the product to get all over your eyes. On the bright side, it holds a curl pretty well. Most mascaras tend to make my lashes droop by the end of the day, but this one didn't. I would recommend this to those who are have medium to long lashes, do not mind cleaning up the mess, and want a buildable mascara to thicken lashes without the spidery, clumpy effect. Overall, it is not bad for the price, and I would buy it again until I find something better. It gets a solid 3.5/5 stars.

Popular Mascaras