essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.9

AQUA (WATER), PARAFFIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARIC ACID, SORBETH-20 BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) FRUIT WAX, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, OZOKERITE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, GALACTOARABINAN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TROPOLONE, STEARYL STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

on 8/9/2018 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing mascara!! Very affordable and cruelty free. It darkens, curls and lift my lashes.. Hg

on 5/17/2018 10:05:00 AM

I like a dry mascara but this was too dry for me. It also clumps upon application and really needs to be combed through. The worst part was the flaking: by the end of the day this flaked all around my eyes. That's really the deal-breaker for me.

Sure, it's cheap but what good is that if the product itself sucks?

on 5/17/2018 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep going back to this mascara.
Pros:
★ Extremely affordable (only $2.99 at Ulta).
★ Provides awesome volume but also lots of length (false lash effect).
★ Super black.
★ Formula starts pretty wet but after a few weeks of use it becomes the perfect consistency (not too wet, not too dry).
★ Lasts but is easy to remove at the end of the day.
★ Doesn't flake or smudge.
★ The packaging appeals to me.
★ This isn't one of those mascaras that dries out super fast... it lasts as long as I want it to.

Cons:
★ The brush is large & takes some getting used to.
★ The brush is a hybrid between the look of a natural bristle & the feel of a plastic bristle (I'd prefer if the bristles weren't plastic & were softer).
★ Only in-store at Ulta in the US (as far as I'm aware).
★ It doesn't come sealed so you have to take care to make sure the one you pick out hasn't been opened.

All in all, for the price especially, the pros outweigh the cons.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I do not like this mascara at all. It does give you volume but it just starts coming off after a few hours! You don't even have to take your mascara off in the evening as you won't have any on.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is nice, nothing spectacular, but nice. Makes my lashes quite voluminous, but doesn't hold a curl with two coats, and tends to leave smugdes on the skin during the day. Easy to get off though, and really inexpensive, so might want to give it a go if you're curious. I'm going to use it up, but then continue trying out other Essence mascaras.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Essence products are hit or miss but I really wanted to try their inexpensive mascara. I Love Extreme comes in two kinds - in black and fuchsia packaging - and they have different brushes which is unusual. I chose the black one because I only use classic stiff wands.

My initial impression was disastrous because despite looking good when applied it flaked like crazy. I could give it up after a few uses but I once noticed that on one eye it performed nice and the other one was flaking. So I became curious and experimented a bit until I got better results. My technique is to keep the first coat light and to let it dry before adding more product. I also use setting spray. It is still not the best in terms of longevity but I think it's not worse than most mascaras especially considering the price.

Currently I consider this to be one of my favorite mascaras. It instantly gives me volume and length, and holds the curl for the whole day. It has a really big brush which makes sense for longer fibers, and it combs lashes pretty well. But it can be a turn off for people who prefer smaller wands. I also make sure to wipe off the excessive product because there is a generous amount of it both inside and on the brush after taking it out.

on 5/26/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My eyelashes are somewhat long/full/curled naturally. I apply a few coats for an everyday work look just to make my eyes pop and tie my other eye makeup together. If I apply a few more coats, I can get a false-lash, lashes touching my eyebrows effect. The formula starts off kind of wet, but after a few weeks it dries down to a perfect consistency between wet and dry. I never have problems with this flaking or smudging. The key is making sure you don't get an already opened tube. The only pitfall of this product: the packaging isn't sealed in any way. So if you're at Ulta and just pick up the first one you see, it's more than likely already been opened. I'm always sure to reach for a tube towards the back of the display. For $3 or so, you really can't beat this mascara.

on 3/10/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a hell of a mascara - LOVE IT!!!!!! Up until now L'oreal Telescopic has been my favorite mascara but I think I love this one even more. For folks that haven't liked this mascara in the past - they just introduced a new formula. This mascara gives me very thick wet looking lashes and does not smudge or flake. I also get quite bit of length too. AND it was only 4.99!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No. No. No.
I'm a low maintenance lass and this is way too high maintenance when for just a few more bucks, you can find a plethora of far better options. This is the first time I've wondered about actually returning a product. Also the first time I chucked something without considering if my 10-year old might like to play makeup with it.
Just a hot mess- not sure where to begin. Brush should be fine- it is my favorite type but this stuff was simply a disaster. I hate knocking things but this product had such rave reviews that I had to say something. Perhaps others are way more patient and tolerant and can make this work but I can swipe and go with amazing lashes for just a buck or two more in other brands so .... NO.

on 1/30/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Adds volume to my straight lashes. Separates them nicely and is a nice deep black. I remove the excess product on a tissue so it doesn't get too clumpy. The brush is quite big so I have to be careful it doesn't get on my eyelid. Didn't flake on me until it started getting old, but for the price its easily replaceable.