Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/13/2018 10:39:00 PM

I loved the feel and look of this powder, and the price was decent. Unfortunately I broke out like crazy after wearing it, so I had to throw it out.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This powder doesn't work for me at all. I bought this to finish and fix my makeup and touch up during the day, with the added SPF I thought this would be a great product! It applies nicely but is unable to control oil and shine for more than 2 hours, which is really not enough for me as there are cheaper, better performing pressed powders out there.

The packaging is bulky and breaks easily in your purse and the brush that is included is useless, both of which I could get over if the product itself wat great.

I bought this in translucent and creamy natural. The translucent is too light on my NC35 skin and since I don't like the product, I haven't even opened the creamy natural one yet - I'll probably end up giving it away to someone with less oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I wished to use this powder mainly as an SPF touch up during the day. It has fairly good coverage and I would describe it as a foundation. This was nice, since my makeup tends to wear off after 3-4 hours. However, on me it went on too cakey. It didn´t cover my pores either, but rather enhanced them with a reversed polka dot effect (if that makes sense??). I was able to blend it in somewhat with my fingers to cover my pores though. I have oily combination skin. It did not help to powder lightly before applying.

It did actually settle in quite nicely and looked less cakey after an HOUR, but having a cakeface for an entire hour while at my office is a deal breaker! The shade range isn't that impressive either.

on 4/3/2018 11:43:00 PM

i've been looking for a lighter makeup approach recently, since realizing that many of my liquid foundations will break me out. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone, dry cheeks and hormonal acne on my chin area, and many products I was using previously were only making my skin worse, so I decided to go for a simpler approach with my skin and try to just used a powder instead of foundation. This was on sale at the drugstore so I thought I'd try it, not expecting a lot. I was totally surprised by the staying power of this product! It says on the cover that it lasts for 16 hours, and it is seriously not a joke. Also, like a prevous poster mentioned, the powder looks even better the longer its on! I've used many foundations and never has anything given me such a nice luminous look before with no cakiness whatsoever! On top of that, this powder feels nice and light on the skin, blends really well (I use the Elf powder brush for this and it worked great) and even conceals a lot of the lighter blemishes on my skin. I bought the translucent shade, and it actually works really well for my fair neutral/cool skintone. This is now an essential powder for me!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Made my skin itchy and broke my jaw line out with huge whelps.it cleared up in three days. I got bronze but it didn't look "bronze" at all. It was just face powder. Even though the shade favors my other bronze It looks nothing like that on my skin.

It looked nice once buffed (i always use my finger tips becasue makeup brushes break me out too, go fig,) in but my skin do not like spf as it is so maybe that why? but the look was indeed airbrush. A little bit too much for my taste. I looked washed out as well. So this was a no go for me. Package was nice though as was the mirror. The brush was nothing to write home about.

on 12/29/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I find that this powder cakes up a on me and gives me a shiny appearance, accentuating my pores. Going back to the Mineral Wear Talc Free Powder from Physician's Formula that comes in a silver packaging which is far better.

Update: I watched a video on Jane Iredale's mineral powder application process, and I tried it with this powder and I got fantastic results! This powder is great if applied correctly. I applied it in a dragging motion (instead of a buffing and swirling motion as I did previously) and I got a great coverage with no cakey-ness and no shine!

I love this product. I have very oily, acne prone skin and wanted to keep using mineral makeup but did not want to keep buying MAC Mineralized Skin Finish. I have tried Bare Minerals Original Foundation and loved it when it first came out but I feel like they changed the formulation and now it has a terrible sheen to it. The matte version doesn't have the same coverage. I tried the Ulta Mineral Foundation and it broke me out like crazy. I really liked Everyday Minerals but wanted something that I didn't have to order online. So I decided to try this and I love it. The coverage is not the best on it's own but I layer it over the InstaReady BB Cream from the same brand and I'm good to go (with some concealer over some spots when necessary). I feel like my skin has improved with the change in my makeup, also. Now that I am using Physician's Formula makeup that seems to have better ingredients than what I was using before which was either L'Oréal or Revlon, my skin seems to be clearer. Will be buying again.

on 7/21/2017 11:56:00 PM

I think texture wise and coverage wise this powder is not bad....but one problem is with the shades..i'm around nc30 and i got tranlucent and it's too light for me....and so are the other two colors which are the wrong tones...usually when something is a bit light i can still make it work somehow with a light hand....but not with this due to the lightly reflective sheen of the powder it makes me look like i have applied highligher all over my t zone...it's just a no go for me.....and come on physician's formula...you been around long enough to upgrade ur packaging with prices point which is higher than normal drug store brands!!!! most of the products just look very outdated and ugly....

on 4/2/2017 1:21:00 AM

I bought this in Beige from CVS when they were offering Extrabucks on Physicians Formula. The color worked well for my NC25 skin and the finish was satin and not matte or drying. I really liked how this product performed, but unfortunately it made my skin itchy and break out in a few spots.

Maybe I had a reaction to the Boron Nitride? I also broke out with Revlon New Complexion, which has Boron Nitride. But I also broke out with a few Maybelline foundations that don't have the ingredient. Message me if you have had similar problems and know which ingredients caused them (PEGs?, Boron Nitride?). Thanks!

Check out my notepad for more about me and for referral links.

on 3/6/2017 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To start of with, my skin type is acne-prone and oily combination. My MAC shade is NW20 (but I can also pull off NC20 to 25) as I have neutral leaning to cool undertones. Usually for most Asian brand foundations (like Shiseido, RMK, Laneige), I purchase the 2nd lightest shade.

Airbrushing Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural:
I read so many good reviews about this from here and I had very high expectations after seeing youtube videos on the amazing coverage it has BUT I was kinda disappointed. I was trying to find a "safe" foundation that I could use without clogging my large pores and aggravating my acne-prone skin. So after seeing how some of the youtubers with major acne problems, I immediately bought this from iherb.com. For US$20, this was a steal as it came with the Airbrushing Bronzer and Blusher too! As someone who always went for higher end makeup products, this is really cheap to me.

Even though it stated "light complexion" for this 3 in 1 powder set, it is nowhere near light! This is wayyy too dark for me. I saw a few youtube videos that demonstrated on how great the coverage is for this product but I must say that this is wayyy too sheer for my preference. It was totally unable to cover my acne scars and active pimples even though I put a really thick layer of it.
I tried with a two-way powder foundation sponge (from Shiseido) and also with the Real Techniques powder buffing brush but still, it doesn't work!
During my first try, it was so sheer that I kept thinking I was applying nothing, until i started to notice that my face looked sooo much darker than my neck then i realised that I was applying too much of it.

However, the most magical thing about this powder is that, the longer you have it on, at the end of the day, it looks so much better than when I first put it own! This has never happened to any other foundations that I own. Usually, all foundations tend to look oily/patchy/cakey after a few hours in the hot 33degrees celsius humid climate (I live in Singapore), or some of them tend to disappear.
Amazingly for this powder, after it has been freshly applied, it looks a bit dull and flat, but as time passes, when it's mixed with our own facial oil, it looks slightly dewy with radiance.
I had it on for over 8hours and it did not disappear.

Maybe it's my fault for assuming that this would provide enough coverage like that of a two-way powder foundation (from what i saw on youtube).
I think this will probably be perfect if I were to use it like a loose powder for setting my liquid or cushion foundations.
Oh yes, this also has a distinctive reddish tone to it, so i definitely would not recommend this to people with yellow undertone or warm undertone.

I did not like the packaging of these PF powders, it is way too bulky compared to the other powders/bronzers/blushers that I have, and the brush that came with it is completely useless!
I really don't know how people can apply their powders with this kind of extremely flat brush with extremely short bristles (less than 1cm)

The good thing about it is that they did not clog my pores or cause me to break out. Giving it 3 lippies because it is really value for money, and it could probably be a 5 lippies product for someone who is much darker than me and has not much blemishes on their face that needs higher coverage.

Airbrushing Bronzer in Light (came in the 3 in 1 set)
Again, I had high hopes for this due to the many good reviews I saw. BUT IT IS TOO DARK. Because it is quite pigmented and way too dark for my skin, it's not easy to apply it such that it looks natural. The texture and pigment is really good though. I would recommend this for people who are NC30 or darker.