Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I love this product. I have very oily, acne prone skin and wanted to keep using mineral makeup but did not want to keep buying MAC Mineralized Skin Finish. I have tried Bare Minerals Original Foundation and loved it when it first came out but I feel like they changed the formulation and now it has a terrible sheen to it. The matte version doesn't have the same coverage. I tried the Ulta Mineral Foundation and it broke me out like crazy. I really liked Everyday Minerals but wanted something that I didn't have to order online. So I decided to try this and I love it. The coverage is not the best on it's own but I layer it over the InstaReady BB Cream from the same brand and I'm good to go (with some concealer over some spots when necessary). I feel like my skin has improved with the change in my makeup, also. Now that I am using Physician's Formula makeup that seems to have better ingredients than what I was using before which was either L'Oréal or Revlon, my skin seems to be clearer. Will be buying again.

on 7/21/2017 11:56:00 PM

I think texture wise and coverage wise this powder is not bad....but one problem is with the shades..i'm around nc30 and i got tranlucent and it's too light for me....and so are the other two colors which are the wrong tones...usually when something is a bit light i can still make it work somehow with a light hand....but not with this due to the lightly reflective sheen of the powder it makes me look like i have applied highligher all over my t zone...it's just a no go for me.....and come on physician's formula...you been around long enough to upgrade ur packaging with prices point which is higher than normal drug store brands!!!! most of the products just look very outdated and ugly....

I am trying this on the backs of my hands to help prevent sunspots. So far it seems to have good coverage, and I think I'm getting ok protection. It goes on top pf my other sunscreen, also mineral, and I like layering them.

on 5/16/2017 12:39:00 PM

It's a good powder foundation with I'd say pretty light to medium coverage. I bought this for a good 2-3 years straight as my foundation.

on 4/2/2017 1:21:00 AM

I bought this in Beige from CVS when they were offering Extrabucks on Physicians Formula. The color worked well for my NC25 skin and the finish was satin and not matte or drying. I really liked how this product performed, but unfortunately it made my skin itchy and break out in a few spots.

Maybe I had a reaction to the Boron Nitride? I also broke out with Revlon New Complexion, which has Boron Nitride. But I also broke out with a few Maybelline foundations that don't have the ingredient. Message me if you have had similar problems and know which ingredients caused them (PEGs?, Boron Nitride?). Thanks!

Check out my notepad for more about me and for referral links.

on 3/6/2017 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To start of with, my skin type is acne-prone and oily combination. My MAC shade is NW20 (but I can also pull off NC20 to 25) as I have neutral leaning to cool undertones. Usually for most Asian brand foundations (like Shiseido, RMK, Laneige), I purchase the 2nd lightest shade.

Airbrushing Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural:
I read so many good reviews about this from here and I had very high expectations after seeing youtube videos on the amazing coverage it has BUT I was kinda disappointed. I was trying to find a "safe" foundation that I could use without clogging my large pores and aggravating my acne-prone skin. So after seeing how some of the youtubers with major acne problems, I immediately bought this from iherb.com. For US$20, this was a steal as it came with the Airbrushing Bronzer and Blusher too! As someone who always went for higher end makeup products, this is really cheap to me.

Even though it stated "light complexion" for this 3 in 1 powder set, it is nowhere near light! This is wayyy too dark for me. I saw a few youtube videos that demonstrated on how great the coverage is for this product but I must say that this is wayyy too sheer for my preference. It was totally unable to cover my acne scars and active pimples even though I put a really thick layer of it.
I tried with a two-way powder foundation sponge (from Shiseido) and also with the Real Techniques powder buffing brush but still, it doesn't work!
During my first try, it was so sheer that I kept thinking I was applying nothing, until i started to notice that my face looked sooo much darker than my neck then i realised that I was applying too much of it.

However, the most magical thing about this powder is that, the longer you have it on, at the end of the day, it looks so much better than when I first put it own! This has never happened to any other foundations that I own. Usually, all foundations tend to look oily/patchy/cakey after a few hours in the hot 33degrees celsius humid climate (I live in Singapore), or some of them tend to disappear.
Amazingly for this powder, after it has been freshly applied, it looks a bit dull and flat, but as time passes, when it's mixed with our own facial oil, it looks slightly dewy with radiance.
I had it on for over 8hours and it did not disappear.

Maybe it's my fault for assuming that this would provide enough coverage like that of a two-way powder foundation (from what i saw on youtube).
I think this will probably be perfect if I were to use it like a loose powder for setting my liquid or cushion foundations.
Oh yes, this also has a distinctive reddish tone to it, so i definitely would not recommend this to people with yellow undertone or warm undertone.

I did not like the packaging of these PF powders, it is way too bulky compared to the other powders/bronzers/blushers that I have, and the brush that came with it is completely useless!
I really don't know how people can apply their powders with this kind of extremely flat brush with extremely short bristles (less than 1cm)

The good thing about it is that they did not clog my pores or cause me to break out. Giving it 3 lippies because it is really value for money, and it could probably be a 5 lippies product for someone who is much darker than me and has not much blemishes on their face that needs higher coverage.

Airbrushing Bronzer in Light (came in the 3 in 1 set)
Again, I had high hopes for this due to the many good reviews I saw. BUT IT IS TOO DARK. Because it is quite pigmented and way too dark for my skin, it's not easy to apply it such that it looks natural. The texture and pigment is really good though. I would recommend this for people who are NC30 or darker.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder is alright; I won't be repurchasing, but it's not a flub either. I have a LOT of their stuff, and where PF often shoots themselves in the foot is their lofty claims of what their products can do. "Airbrushed" is a term that can be applied to Bare Minerals or even Neutrogena's loose powder foundation, both of which create nice medium coverage when first applied (whether they last well on the skin.. is a different story), but when you're speaking about a pressed powder, the coverage just isn't there so it seems a little misleading to use a term like "airbrushed". Mattifying, okay. Evening, maybe.

Although it doesn't do a ton to add coverage or wear long throughout the day, this isn't a bad powder. It isn't chalky, doesn't cling to problem areas and certainly didn't break me out. It looks fine, but unfortunately the older I get the more oily my t-zone becomes, and a few hours into the day my face is crying out for a mattifying powder, and this just isn't it. I would definitely recommend it more so if you're dealing with dry skin or acne-prone skin, as it doesn't emphasize blemishes.

If you have normal or oily skin, the overall finish might impress you, but I would still advise bringing along a matte powder you trust "just in case". I like Rimmel's Stay Matte or Cover Girl Advanced Radiance, usually just along my forehead, nose and chin. This is more of a natural-finish powder, and that has its time and place, but when Spring and Summer roll around.. fughettaboutit.

The packaging is your run-of-the-mill PF bulky chunky compact, I don't dislike it but yes, it will take up half your makeup bag so make room for big mama. The price is a bit high for drugstore but when you're looking for something you can trust on your skin, to not break you out and add some extra SPF, it might be worth it to take the plunge.

on 1/30/2017 9:53:00 PM

I like this powder, but the shade range is pitiful. I bought it in Translucent since the other TWO WHOLE SHADES were too dark for me. This is not a translucent powder which looks dark but is invisible on the skin, it's more like the shade you see is what you get. Just a heads up for anyone super fair-this will be too dark for you. It works for me, although it's definitely darker than what I'm used to, and it covers me like a full blown powder foundation rather than a translucent finishing powder. I really like the way it looks though, and I do find it gives a soft airbrushed look. In Canada they don't advertise the fact that this is SPF 30, or that it even has SPF....but I looked it up to make sure it was the same product, and it is, and it does have SPF. The price is typical Physicians Formula, a bit more expensive than other drugstore powders, but always on sale. The ingredients in this were pretty overwhelming, as I've never known a drugstore powder to contain so many crazy ingredients...I suppose because it's a mineral powder and it's supposed to be good for the skin? In any case it feels the same and applies the same as any other powder-I would say this would be a better powder for combo-normal-dryer skin types rather than oily as it is quite creamy and not the best for reducing shine/oil control. I haven't had good luck with other Physicians Formula powders in the past (actually the first pressed powder I ever used was their Organic Wear powder and it was the worst piece of crap I ever used in my life- it was like putting flour on my face, smelled like cement, and dried me out so badly) but I really like this, it's really flattering and pretty....IF you can find a shade to match...

on 1/30/2017 6:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

The physical SPF of this powder and its lack of chalky talc is a BOON and the price is very fair. The packaging is a pain, the brush is a waste and I don't think there is a shade for darker skin tones unless you count the so-called bronzer. I am fair-skinned and originally got the Beige because it looked more yellow-toned which I prefer, but it turned out too dark so I exchanged for the Creamy Natural which is a perfect match. Have not seen the Translucent in stores but if it were really Translucent that would defeat the purpose of the SPF! Anyhoo, I popped out the circle of power (easily, without heat or a spatula) and put it in a Tarte palette and am happily using with a quality brush. If it weren't for the packaging issues and sympathy about the poor shade selection this would be my No. 1 powder for sure.

on 12/8/2016 11:45:00 AM

The shades are so confusing. I ended up buying the wrong one and can't return it. I compared the translucent and creamy natural at a drug store and they looked exactly the same (there was no sample). I don't have pale skin, I'm a medium to light-medium, so I went with creamy natural, but it turned out to be much darker than my skin tone to the point it's like a bronzer and just looked terrible. In addition, I wanted to use it as coverage for pimple scars but it takes forever to build up and wastes too much time. I really wish I could return it. So disappointed!