Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

image 1image 2image 3

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I have never experienced such caking with a powder before! It seems to really move around too and doesn't stay in place like a setting powder, it is more of a full coverage powder foundation. I find that it looks awesome when I've really blended it into my pores (after moisturising) when I'm doing my makeup but then it moves and becomes cakey on the surface of my skin within an hour. It doesn't set liquid foundation well at all, it looks cakey no matter your application and using a very small amount. The "translucent" colour is also pretty tan and can look a little orange on my skin. All in all quite a disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite drugstore powder so far! I love how flawless it makes my skin look with little to no effort. It's got very decent coverage yet it does not give you that 'cake face' look and It doesn't irritate my skin either. Quite the contrary, it has many beneficial ingredients for it and the spf 30 is just the cherry on top of it all for me aside from it not being so pricey as well. I love using this over my garnier anti acne BB cream for a little extra coverage and sun protection and find that it keeps my skin nice and soft without a drying effect yet it helps keep my oil levels at bay to. Idk if that's strictly the bb cream doing it or if its the powder that's also helping but either way, I find that it's a good pairing for my skin. Since I tend to have combo to more oily skin at times. I have a hunch that this powder might be a dupe for Pur mineral's 4 in 1 pressed powder foundation who is a heck of a lot more expensive and also is only an spf 15.
I agree that the packaging may not be the best but I believe that the product itself makes up for it. I personally have tried both powders from pur minerals and PP and would say that I like both of them just about the same. the only difference is the one by pur minerals can go on a bit heavier or "cakier" some would say and that they have a little more color selection. Either way when I ran out of my pur minerals powder foundation, I was happy to come across this product as the formulas sounded very similar and were both mineral based aside from the other benefits that they offered and like I said.. I liked that physicians formula gave more sunscreen protection as well for a fraction of the price. Overall, I would definitely recommend. Looks like I found another physicians formula product that I like and that I will most definitely be repurchasing:)

To Read all 116 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Since I started using Retin-A, I wanted to use a foundation that contained sunscreen and had lasting power. The package says that this powder foundation stays for 16 hours and has spf 30, so I thought I would give it a try.

I bought the creamy natural to start off a little light because I can always add a darker shade to make perfect match eventually if it doesn't match from the start since the color selection for this product is extremely limited.

The application brush is terrible, so I used my own foundation brush. It went on well and you are able to layer it. My issue with this is that it gives such a sheen that, although it does not settle into any wrinkles, it draws your attention to them with the odd sheen.

For me, I tried it but it is not a keeper. I wish I kept the packaging because I could return it because where I bought it, they have a return policy if you don't like the product but I accidentally threw out the packaging and receipt.

on 1/29/2016 1:52:00 PM

Love this, costs a fraction of what Jane Iredale costs and the coverage is better. I'm 59 and live in Arizona so my skin is really dry, I put my Cerave moisturizer on under the powder and I was shocked at how well it went on, used a Kabuki brush, no caking. I bought it at Wal-Mart, I think it was $13+, got the Translucent shade, that was all they had in stock, looks a little pale on me, compared to the rest of me, have very olive skin, so I added bronzer, also comes in other shades, but sometimes even though the shades are darker and possibly closer to my skin tone, I find they look cakey.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is a decent, creamy powder with good medium to full coverage and nice sun protection. This powder is an okay color match on me, I'm NC-15 and got the shade translucent, and it is okay but is a little bit dark. My only problem with this powder is that it seems to REALLY emphasize my large pores. I feel like this can look cakey very easily, especially when layered over concealer/foundation. I feel like it looks best on its own. It does have pretty impressive coverage for a powder, though. I feel like it has more coverage than the MAC Studio Fix Powder. All in all, I probably wouldn't repurchase this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I find that this powder cakes up a bit on me if I apply too much. I usually apply my mineral powders with the Jane Iredale flocked sponge for heavy application/coverage or my Tarte Airbuki kabuki brush. I find that this caked up around my nose and pores when I used the flocked sponge method, so I think I will stick to lighter application from now on. If you're looking for fuller coverage, something comparable to the Jane Iredale Purepressed Base... I would highly recommend the Mineral Wear Talc Free Powder from Physician's Formula. It comes in a silver packaging. It's much better to press on and never gets cakey!

on 12/20/2015 2:16:00 AM

Pros:
-Amazing coverage for acne marks and redness
-Affordable and easy to find
-Non-irritating
-Easy application

Cons:
-Comes off easily (as do all powder foundations)
-Very limited color selection
-Compact breaks easily
-Brush is useless
-Oily after an hour when used alone

I will continue to keep this in my makeup bag, but not for everyday use. I need a lot of coverage for my red, combo/oily, acne-prone skin. I wear this when I need to run to the store, gym, camping, or wherever and do not have the time or desire to put a full face of makeup on. Powder foundations leave me looking incredibly greasy after about an hour. This one is slightly better, but still not enough of an oil inhibitor like liquid foundation is.

on 12/14/2015 9:49:00 PM

I spent heaps of time on reading review on Makeupalley before decided to buy this. I got the translucent light from Priceline in Sydney

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I eyed this for two years before finally caving and buying it on my birthday a few weeks ago. Initially I was gonna use it for buffing over my foundation for that poreless, airbrushed look (which it's great for). But I always look on youtube for reviews on products that I recently purchased to see different ways to use them, or how to get the best results, and I saw that alot of women were using the translucent shade as a foundation, I was bored and decided to experiment using it that way on my face, and the end result was pretty perfect. It is lighter than me, obvi, but after concealer, blush, and bronzer, you can't really tell. Medium coverage. I have dry skin, but it isn't matte or flat on me. More kike a satin finish.. The fact that I'm even using a powder foundation is shocking in it's own right, but I love it!

on 11/14/2015 8:59:00 AM

UPDATE: APRIL 2016: I realize this powder is cakey and dosent last. MY HOLY GRAIL IS COVERGIRL SIMPLY POWDER FOUDNATION IN CLASSIC IVORY. Its a pretty good match for nc15-20. If you use it over a tinted moisturizer and let it set prior to applying, you will experience MAGIC! The covergirl minimizes pores, lasted ALL DAY..I REAPPLIED WHEN I GOT HOME TO SEE IF IT WOULD GET CAKEY AND IT DIDNT! it's a miracle!

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME. I have tried physicians formula powders prior..the one with the specks of color and it was okay but THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT. It says it has 16 hour wear and I can say it is long lasting . I'm older and finding that powders are making me look quite dry and I need a little "glow". I bought this in Transluscent and I am about NC15 right now and I can say, it DOES GIVE WONDERFUL COVERAGE! I didnt' realize how drying other powders have been and I've tried them all from high end to every drug store powder out there, but this one seems almost moisturizing. VERY COMFORTABLE on the skin. It looks so natural. maybe it's because there is no talc? Didn't realize how drying that ingredient was I guess. And thank goodness Physicians Formula stays away from Bismuth like most (MAC. I'm talking to you), that makes us break out. I'm waiting anxiously to try the new Organic Wear 100% natural Organic Work it Marathnista Tinted moisturizer by Physicans formula. It's on their web site, but you can't buy it yet. Hoping its similar to the Healthy wear which was awesome but the colors were too dark! Hope someone does a review on that soon or tells us where we can buy it! As far as this powder, if you want a comfortable powder that seems like it will stay put and melts into your skin for a wonderful glow, try this. And don't be afraid to try the transluscent for some color as it does have coverage..

Edit: I still love this. I have found that if I just lightly sort of rub it in over my face, especially over my cheecks where I have large pores, it smooths out into a dream! It looks like you have nothing on but yet coverage. Does NOT look powdery at all.
11-19-15 So i saw all the reviews for the Physicians Formula Argan oil so I purchased it. I LOVE IT and it really makes this foundation go on smooth. I forgot the Argan Oil yesterday and IMMEDIATELY, I noticed it! Try this powder with the Argan Oil and you will be shocked how beautiful it looks. Natural. Not cakey. Not Powdery. I have tried coconut oil but it didnt seem to sink in and moisturizer like this oil does so try them both together! You will love it. Even on my combo skin, it's great but defintiely make this powder look even better!

EDIT: 12-2015, I've now switched to the talc free powder from physicians formula with the specs in it due to shorter ingredient list and this powder might have broken me out. My face is doing much better with the pressed physicians formula powder with specs in it for sensitive breakout prone skin. Just going to take one lippy off. But I think the other powder is better and doesnt get cakey and is better for my skin.