Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder is alright; I won't be repurchasing, but it's not a flub either. I have a LOT of their stuff, and where PF often shoots themselves in the foot is their lofty claims of what their products can do. "Airbrushed" is a term that can be applied to Bare Minerals or even Neutrogena's loose powder foundation, both of which create nice medium coverage when first applied (whether they last well on the skin.. is a different story), but when you're speaking about a pressed powder, the coverage just isn't there so it seems a little misleading to use a term like "airbrushed". Mattifying, okay. Evening, maybe.

Although it doesn't do a ton to add coverage or wear long throughout the day, this isn't a bad powder. It isn't chalky, doesn't cling to problem areas and certainly didn't break me out. It looks fine, but unfortunately the older I get the more oily my t-zone becomes, and a few hours into the day my face is crying out for a mattifying powder, and this just isn't it. I would definitely recommend it more so if you're dealing with dry skin or acne-prone skin, as it doesn't emphasize blemishes.

If you have normal or oily skin, the overall finish might impress you, but I would still advise bringing along a matte powder you trust "just in case". I like Rimmel's Stay Matte or Cover Girl Advanced Radiance, usually just along my forehead, nose and chin. This is more of a natural-finish powder, and that has its time and place, but when Spring and Summer roll around.. fughettaboutit.

The packaging is your run-of-the-mill PF bulky chunky compact, I don't dislike it but yes, it will take up half your makeup bag so make room for big mama. The price is a bit high for drugstore but when you're looking for something you can trust on your skin, to not break you out and add some extra SPF, it might be worth it to take the plunge.

on 1/30/2017 9:53:00 PM

I like this powder, but the shade range is pitiful. I bought it in Translucent since the other TWO WHOLE SHADES were too dark for me. This is not a translucent powder which looks dark but is invisible on the skin, it's more like the shade you see is what you get. Just a heads up for anyone super fair-this will be too dark for you. It works for me, although it's definitely darker than what I'm used to, and it covers me like a full blown powder foundation rather than a translucent finishing powder. I really like the way it looks though, and I do find it gives a soft airbrushed look. In Canada they don't advertise the fact that this is SPF 30, or that it even has SPF....but I looked it up to make sure it was the same product, and it is, and it does have SPF. The price is typical Physicians Formula, a bit more expensive than other drugstore powders, but always on sale. The ingredients in this were pretty overwhelming, as I've never known a drugstore powder to contain so many crazy ingredients...I suppose because it's a mineral powder and it's supposed to be good for the skin? In any case it feels the same and applies the same as any other powder-I would say this would be a better powder for combo-normal-dryer skin types rather than oily as it is quite creamy and not the best for reducing shine/oil control. I haven't had good luck with other Physicians Formula powders in the past (actually the first pressed powder I ever used was their Organic Wear powder and it was the worst piece of crap I ever used in my life- it was like putting flour on my face, smelled like cement, and dried me out so badly) but I really like this, it's really flattering and pretty....IF you can find a shade to match...

on 1/30/2017 6:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

The physical SPF of this powder and its lack of chalky talc is a BOON and the price is very fair. The packaging is a pain, the brush is a waste and I don't think there is a shade for darker skin tones unless you count the so-called bronzer. I am fair-skinned and originally got the Beige because it looked more yellow-toned which I prefer, but it turned out too dark so I exchanged for the Creamy Natural which is a perfect match. Have not seen the Translucent in stores but if it were really Translucent that would defeat the purpose of the SPF! Anyhoo, I popped out the circle of power (easily, without heat or a spatula) and put it in a Tarte palette and am happily using with a quality brush. If it weren't for the packaging issues and sympathy about the poor shade selection this would be my No. 1 powder for sure.

on 12/8/2016 11:45:00 AM

The shades are so confusing. I ended up buying the wrong one and can't return it. I compared the translucent and creamy natural at a drug store and they looked exactly the same (there was no sample). I don't have pale skin, I'm a medium to light-medium, so I went with creamy natural, but it turned out to be much darker than my skin tone to the point it's like a bronzer and just looked terrible. In addition, I wanted to use it as coverage for pimple scars but it takes forever to build up and wastes too much time. I really wish I could return it. So disappointed!

on 10/31/2016 2:37:00 AM

Great sunscreen, horrible plastic packaging and brush.

on 10/30/2016 12:52:00 PM

I have bought this several times. I need sunscreen, and I pretty much hate everything but powders. This is my everyday SPF 30 go-to. The packaging is annoying, because it's metallic turquoise with a place for a stupid little brush. It will not impress anyone if you pull it out of your makeup bag. Just throw away the brush and use something decent, and this gives a nice, refined finish. (My skin is light, but not super fair, and the Translucent shade works for me.) Sometimes I put it on under other mineral powder as a sort of primer layer. Okay, I probably don't use enough to get SPF 30, but every little bit helps.

on 10/14/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a huge fan of this. I got it because I really wanted the Butter Bronzer - which is awesome - and there was a bogo 1/2 off sale so I figured I'd get a simple powder as well. I have Tarte's Double Duty powder which is marketed as a foundation but it's really wonderful as a finishing powder and I was hoping I could find a soft powder similar to that for basic days just to set concealer/foundation. I researched and thought this might be nice to try. I got it in translucent because I was afraid the colors would be too much. I used some points when checking out as well so I got it for really cheap, like $3.

First off, the pan inside is a little loose. Like I can wiggle it slightly and feel it rotating around the (what feels like) single glue dab. So that's not great because I feel like it could fall out at any time. Secondly the pan is hard to close totally shut and pops open easily. I don't really use the brushes these things come with, though I sort of appreciate that they have them, but it does bulk up the packaging. The brush is soft but very dense and short so I feel like applying it on top of foundation causes the makeup underneath to move around. After the first or second use, I already saw some of that hard layer/crust forming on top where I attempted to pick up product. I hate that. I made sure my brushes were clean so it wasn't reside, more just the formula. I tried to scrape it off and keep going but I do feel this powder in general is very dense and hard to pick up and I feel like I really need to dig in there to get anything on my brush. I also feel I need a lot of product even after all that digging just to get a good even finish and set my makeup. Like it takes a lot to matte down just to the point a normal powder would do more easily. I don't like a cakey look, so it's not like I'm trying to pile it on, but I can see why people feel this is cakey. You just need way too much to fulfill your needs that it doesn't look so great. So it doesn't look 'airbrushed' at all. AT ALL! I think it would be better loose, but even then, some loose powders (usually powder foundations) are very dense. I have those, and I specifically got this to *be* a powder to use on top of liquids, so I didn't expect huge coverage and at least it didn't surprise me there; there isn't any. Maybe that's because I chose translucent, which is fine, but it still doesn't perform well as a powder.

I was all set to write this saying I'd use it up but not repurchase, and I would return it if I had bought it at full price, but after writing it, I think I might even return it for my $3... There are much better drugstore powders and the fact that this is one of the higher end of the drugstore price ranges/brands kind of surprises me. PH is hit or miss to me anyway but I don't like this very much at all.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This powder is not my HG, but it's darned good for the price and contains an spf 30 physical sunscreen, which I require.

Coverage is light, but it's a powder, not a foundation, so that's ok. I use a sponge to apply, and it seems to go on less chalky that way (it comes with a tiny brush that is ridiculous, but I have never found that a brush included with makeup is any good).

The color (creamy natural) matches my skin tone exactly - I prefer the consistency of Physicians Formula's Super CC powder, but the shades didn't work out for me.

I have mixed feelings about the packaging. It comes in a two-layer compact, with the top portion holding powder, and the botton portion for the applicator. On one hand, I like that the applicator is kept separate and that the compartment is vented - seems more sanitary than conventional packing. On the other hand, the mirror is in the bottom compartment, so you have to go back and forth to get more powder.

All in all, I like this product and will repurchase unless I find something that I like more in the meantime.

I have never experienced such caking with a powder before! It seems to really move around too and doesn't stay in place like a setting powder, it is more of a full coverage powder foundation. I find that it looks awesome when I've really blended it into my pores (after moisturising) when I'm doing my makeup but then it moves and becomes cakey on the surface of my skin within an hour. It doesn't set liquid foundation well at all, it looks cakey no matter your application and using a very small amount. The "translucent" colour is also pretty tan and can look a little orange on my skin. All in all quite a disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite drugstore powder so far! I love how flawless it makes my skin look with little to no effort. It's got very decent coverage yet it does not give you that 'cake face' look and It doesn't irritate my skin either. Quite the contrary, it has many beneficial ingredients for it and the spf 30 is just the cherry on top of it all for me aside from it not being so pricey as well. I love using this over my garnier anti acne BB cream for a little extra coverage and sun protection and find that it keeps my skin nice and soft without a drying effect yet it helps keep my oil levels at bay to. Idk if that's strictly the bb cream doing it or if its the powder that's also helping but either way, I find that it's a good pairing for my skin. Since I tend to have combo to more oily skin at times. I have a hunch that this powder might be a dupe for Pur mineral's 4 in 1 pressed powder foundation who is a heck of a lot more expensive and also is only an spf 15.
I agree that the packaging may not be the best but I believe that the product itself makes up for it. I personally have tried both powders from pur minerals and PP and would say that I like both of them just about the same. the only difference is the one by pur minerals can go on a bit heavier or "cakier" some would say and that they have a little more color selection. Either way when I ran out of my pur minerals powder foundation, I was happy to come across this product as the formulas sounded very similar and were both mineral based aside from the other benefits that they offered and like I said.. I liked that physicians formula gave more sunscreen protection as well for a fraction of the price. Overall, I would definitely recommend. Looks like I found another physicians formula product that I like and that I will most definitely be repurchasing:)