RIMMEL Wake Me Up Foundation

RIMMEL Wake Me Up Foundation
Wake Me Up FoundationWake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 9/22/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up from my local Woolworth's recently when I had an 'emergency' lol and found myself without my usual foundation. It's not the sort of thing that would ever usually go near my face since although I'm not a brand snob in general for a few things like foundation I am. Rimmel lippies and blush? Sure! But Rimmel foundation? Hmmm. So I wasn't expecting much just hoping it would get me through the day.

The first thing I noticed was how good the colour match was. I got 'Soft Beige' totally on an educated guess (read a couple of decades of experience of buying foundations) and it turned out to be a suprisingly good match for my NW25 skin - not perfect, but better than most drugstore which are typically too yellow for me. I also liked the texture. It has a creamy texture similar to a BB cream although I'd describe the coverage as medium-light, buildable to medium. It won't cover up anything major, but it's enough for my fairly mild uneven pigmentation issues.

It *does* have some fine shimmers in it that I just know some people are gonna hate. On me however they are really not noticeable under normal lighting conditions, not unless you stared right up in my face in direct sunlight. I do have teeny tiny pores though. If you have large pores I can easily see this being a total dealbreaker.

The biggest con is that this foundation doesn't have very good staying power and I did have to reapply once during the day. But hey for this price I guess you can't have it all.

Bottom line - this is not going to be replacing my ByTerry foundation any time soon. But it's a much better than expected budget foundation - so long as you have the right skin type for it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like this but don’t love it and wouldn’t rebuy. The good: it covers my redness nicely and the colour match is great. It smells good, a bit orangey, blends well, and I like the bottle although a squeeze tube would be better. The bad: for me, this doesn’t really wear that well. By the end of a normal work day in an office, it’s separated and not looking too healthy despite my bomb-proof setting spray. It’s good for when I’m having an evening out and only need my face to stay on for dinner or something, but the staying power isn’t good enough for me to rebuy. Shame, because I like everything else about it.

on 9/5/2018 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Shocked at the negative reviews on here. I recommend this for those with dry & sensitive skin like me. This gives me a great satin/dewy finish with medium coverage, there is a bit of shimmer but I barely notice it. Perfect for everyday since it is long lasting and makes my skin look bright and moisturized. It does oxidize a bit throughout the day.

Okay ive been using this every day for two years. I have dry skin, so i tried multiple foundations but all that happened was they would completely dry up and go patchy on my face and my sisters mate said "if you have dry skin you have to use the one with the orange lid" so i went and got it the next day, i love it so much, it feels less like foundation and more like a second skin if that makes sense hahah? I put it on with a wet beauty blender, the coverage is amazing, it doesnt dry up horribly but it doesnt stay wet you get me? It looks healthy on like healthy glowy, Its perfect, i love how it says "wake me up" because it reminds me of the wake me up inside meme. Only thing is it doesnt do anything to reduce fatigue i dont think. My holy grail mate.

This foundation is easy to apply, gives great coverage without looking too heavy or cakey lookin. Works well with any face primer, finishing powder and makeup. blends wonderfully with any skin tone and is a great product that doesn't break the budget.

on 12/17/2017 9:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to really like this foundation when I was in high school, but I've recently tried it again and it doesn't really offer the coverage I want. It's ligh-medium coverage, but even with 2 layers you could still see my imperfections underneath so I would have to go with a concealer after. This foundation has a little bit of sparkles but it's not too noticeable and it does make your skin look glowy and awake. I have oily skin so this foundation can look really oily after a couple hours, but once set with powder it's good. Even with powder I still do get oily, but it's because I have really oily skin. Overall it's a good foundation but the coverage isn't how I like my foundations to be.

on 12/7/2017 9:22:00 PM

After reading good reviews, I bought this foundation on sale. Despite how much I love Rimmel products, this one is a disappointment. I like the consistency but the coverage is very light and doesn’t last long at all. I feel that the lines around my eyes are actually accentuated with this stuff. I think it would serve much better as a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't buy many foundatins because I hardly ever wear them - I HATE the feeling of having stuff on my face.

This foundation is very comfortable, goes on nicely, and wears quite well. It oxidises a bit, which is why it's only 4 lipsticks out of 5. Another problem is that it's quite a warm colour - I'm olive-ish but neutral-toned, and it looks noticeably orange on me, especially once I've had it on for a while. I believe the colour I have (Ivory) is a match for me, but perhaps I need to go lighter.

If I could get a colour match, this would be my go-to foundation. It's light, comfortable, the smell is nice, and it doesn't feel goopy.

on 10/7/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased this foundation a few months ago, when I became tired of mac studio fix which I'd been using since I was 18.
I bought this in Superdrug on a 3 for 2 deal along with another two foundations I wanted to try. Initially, I hated it. I'm quite tanned and I took the second from last shade in this, 303, it was far too pale and you could see the shimmer on my face. I'd read reviews before I bought it and lots of people had said although there's a shimmer in the bottle, it doesn't show up once the products actually on your face, but with this lighter shade that definitely wasn't the case! Anyway, I wore it once after that to give it one more shot in case I was maybe having a bad face day and that was why I hadn't liked it, but nah, it was awful. It didn't occur to me to buy it in a darker shade because I thought I just didn't like the formula.

Then on holiday last month my boyfriends sister said she had a foundation for me to try, and it was this in the darker shade, 400 natural beige. I didn't try it because we were going out and after my experience with the foundation I didn't want to risk it. It looked great on her though which got me thinking that maybe it was because the shade was wrong I hadn't liked it.

In Superdrug a few weeks ago I couldn't help but pick it up in natural beige and after giving it another chance I'm glad I did. I really like it, it definitely gives my face a nice brightness about it, and I feel like it looks even better as it wears throughout the day! I also don't find it too shimmery in this shade, more dewy and bright. It's a nice everyday foundation, one I'll probably reach for if I feel the need to wear makeup to work or running errands, and for its price range it's a little gem!
I find this long lasting, I usually apply it in the morning and when the time comes to take it off, it still looks great!

I should mention I have relatively normal/dry skin, I don't know how this would hold up on anyone with particularly oily skin due to the dewy, glowy nature of it.

I've used my real techniques sponge and brush to apply it and I like it with both.

I've deducted one lipstick for the shade range, I am the darkest shade in this foundation and like I said, I'm tanned but I'm still white, for dark skinned ladies this would not be an option which is poor show on the part of rimmel.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this foundation because I thought that it would be great for my dry, dull, winter skin, but I ended up not using it until summer, because it was way too dark for me. I ordered online the shade 100 Yvory and it's... not... ivory... at all? I use 100 Ivory for every Rimmel foundation and they are all a decent match, but this foundation was waaay too dark. I waited until summer, when I get a bit of a tan, but since it's so dewy and glittery it feels a bit strange. Also, when the sun or any type of light shines directly onto my face, I feel a bit like Edward Cullen in the meadow scene of Twilight (You know which one, don't lie, we've all seen that godforsaken movie).

This foundation transfered on me and I can't tell if it's because I use a minimal amount of powder or just because it's very dewy. The coverage is pretty sheer. I think you could get this to a medium coverage, but I only use one pump for fear that all the tiny specks of glitter will turn my face into a disco ball. The glitter is very tiny though and if you're into that kind of thing, you would probably like this foundation.

On the bright side, every Rimmel foundation gets three major brownie points from me: the smell, the glass bottle with the pump and the low price point. Other than these 3 things, I can't really say that I was impressed with the Wake Me Up Foundation.