Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

I bought this one day last year on a whim as i am constantly looking for makeup that will brighten my dull complexion. Im fast approaching 40 and the fine lines are starting to come in with a vengeance. Sob. Ive trialled just about every foundation known to woman in my quest to get radiant clear young looking skin.
Anyway, i chose the colour 103 true ivory, which looks great on my NW 20 skin with pink undertones. It goes on quite sheer, but is buildable without looking cakey. The formula itself is smooth and creamy and easy to apply with fingers or a brush. The pump bottle is so handy so you dont waste any product. I just used a foundation brush then a stippling brush for the best effect. It definitely does give a glow, but the downside is it's quite sheer and any spots will soon show through. It isnt particularly suitable for oily skins either, as i have combo skin and it started to shine after about 3-4 hours even on my dry patches. That was easily fixed with a tissue and it lasted a decent amount of time for a cheaper end foundation. Added bonus is it has SPF15 so suitable for daytime wear but i wouldnt recommend it for a night out. It also feels nice and light on the face and comes off easily at the end of the day.
If you are on a budget, i would whole heartedly recommend it as a very good value for money foundation with a good all round performance.

on 5/26/2016 1:05:00 PM

This is a big no no. It isn't cakey (unless you put on more than one coat) but the makeup itself oxidises very badly. After a few hour my skin looked patchy and even orange because it oxidised so much and my skin tone is fair. Fair foundation is not supposed to turn orange on skin because that makes it way too obvious. It also doesn't feel great and makes me want to itch it off. P.s my skin is quite sensitive and I am not the hugest fan of wearing foundation that I can feel is there (and this foundation is compared to ud naked) so my review may be a little harsh

To Read all 381 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/26/2016 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My favourite foundation so far! I have tried so many but this has the best staying power, and doesn't look cakey on my face, or crack, like many other foundations do on my skin. Love <3
Better then all the expensive foundation that I have tried lately by far.

on 5/11/2016 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, this is as in-depth of a review as I can give for the few times that I have worn this foundation.

NEGATIVES
Basically, I have very drastically combination skin. This foundation was literally the worst thing for both my dryness and oiliness. It caught on any dry skin at all and would catch on dry patches throughout the day, as well as baby hairs. On top of this, after less than a few hours of wearing this, it is probably the most oily I've ever looked. There is very very light coverage, and (at least with a beauty blender) is not buildable at all, so concealer would be a must with this foundation for any imperfections.

PROS
This is pale enough for my NW10 skin, and didn't oxidise on me!!!! That's amazing for a drugstore product! I think this should be marketed as a tinted moisturiser more than a foundation and would be most suitable for people who are having a very good skin day with no dry patches and just need a tiny bit of coverage. I didn't think that this foundation looked particularly shimmery, it definitely wasn't glittery. I do think that it does give a relatively radiant appearance, but on me, this just appeared pretty greasy.

I won't repurchase this since I'm now going cruelty free, but even before I made that choice, I'd already decided this was a product that wouldn't be getting repurchased. I actually ended up passing this foundation on to a family member who complained of the same problems I had!

on 4/24/2016 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I feel this is a good quality foundation, but I got the wrong shade.

It wears nice and moisturizing on my at the moment dry skin, gives your skin a moisturized effect as it promises (Anti-fatigue effect+ radiant glow) and sinks into the skin nicely. Packaging is very nice, bottle sits well in the hand and pretty, distinctive orange shimmery cap.
I got the color 300 Sand, which was unfortunately a miss for me. Makes my Asian/medium skin tone look plain ashy. Would repurchase another color if Rimmel were cruelty-free.

on 4/10/2016 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm a bit of a brand snob when it comes to foundations and tend to go for higher end brands. However, after recommendations from friends, I tried out this product and initially I was happy with it. It looked fine for everyday wear (I'd still reach for my Dior Star for evening wear). However, after a few weeks of using this, I started to get pimples around my mouth area and forehead. I know it wasn't anything else I was doing as I had changed anything else in my routine. I'm also pretty cautious about the things I apply to my face as it's so sensitive so was really annoyed at myself for even considering to buy this.

All in all, the finished look is okayish but if you have sensitive skin steer clear!

on 4/4/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this foundation, and the matching BB cream, Because they were on sale for $4.99 each at my local rexal. To be honest, i only purchased because it was so cheap (i think regular priced it is $14.99) The first time i wore this i was in a rush to get ready an applied both the bb cream and foundation with my hands. I was blown away at how awesome my skin looked. I have found in the past that Rimmel has the best colour matches for my skin, and this foundation in particular has a little bit of shimmer in it( not enough to bother me) and really gives a nice glow. I have surprised myself with how quickly i have gone through the bottle, and how i havent been reaching for my other foundations. I have been keeping an eye out for it to go on sale as i still have some left, but i would buy this product at full price as i love the results!

on 4/2/2016 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really wanted to love this foundation. My skin was just too oily for this and after a few hours my skin was an oily mess. Loved the packaging and the foundation smells lovely. I would say this is better for those with normal to dry skin.

Easy to blend and wear, this foundation is my go to foundation for everyday. Whenever I wear this, people always compliment me on my skin. I spend hundreds on foundations as I have a thing about perfect skin, probably due to the fact I had a face full of spots when I was a teenager and foundation was my saviour! What I love about this foundation is that when your natural oils come through, your skin just illuminates - I am 50 so this is sooooo important to me. I have to blend two colours as I find it can be a little orangey but as an everyday foundation, and a smooth fresh look, for the price, I don't think you can go wrong.

on 3/1/2016 4:16:00 PM

Decent coverage, only problem was that there's like a glitter effect on your face or something???