Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Wake Me Up FoundationWake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I would recommend this foundation if you're looking for a product that's affordable and light coverage. It is definitely sheer/light but you can build it up to around a medium coverage, it covers up small blemishes and redness quite well but if you want full coverage I wouldn't recommend it. I have fair skin (NW15) and the shade Light Porcelain matches me well, but sometimes it does oxidize, though if I set it with a powder it generally looks fine. The shades are fairly neutral and I don't find it to lean particularly pink or yellow toned. In the bottle you can see there is a small amount of shimmer in the bottle, but it doesn't transfer on to the face and more gives a dewy, brightened finish but doesn't make me look oily. I apply it with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge and it looks natural and smooth, and lasts for the whole day, especially with a primer used underneath. I have purchased this foundation about 3 times and will continue to buy it in the future, however I don't use foundation regularly and only like a light coverage. If you want a full coverage/are looking to cover acne etc I would not recommend it and I also find it runs out quite quickly if using it on a daily basis.

on 9/18/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First Impression - I couldn't get a match in this foundation so had to buy two different shades, Ivory and Light Porcelain. To get my perfect shade I mix 2 parts of Light Porcelain to 1 of Ivory. Normally I wouldn't buy a foundation that wasn't a perfect match but I bought these while they were on offer for 2 for £10. As for the application, I was really happy when I first applied it. It definitely illuminated my skin and because it's quite thick it set very nicely (I can't stand foundations that take a long time to set). I didn't feel the need to powder and after 6 hours my makeup is still in place and doesn't look remotely oily but then again I have dry skin. However it has clung to dry patches really badly which I didn't expect from a "moisturizing" foundation. I moisturized and primed before application but it has still clung to dry patches. I will experiment with different moisturizers and primers and keep you updated.

To Read all 386 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/22/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was gifted with this from a friend careless of make up, as she wanted to use it for a special event then left it dusting in her bathroom. So she offered it to me for trying to find a better use.
So, I got the shade Ivory and uhm. The only thing I can tell about it, is that it might fit you only if you're Marge Simpson. I always get Ivory for 99% of my face products, and I'm aware of the yellow undertones (that's why I get it, duh), but this is plain yeeellllloooowww. It probably supposed to work as a colour correction, but this is out of control! My husband couldn't stop laughing at me, so the foundation ended in the stage make-up emergency bag (we work in cinema and sometimes we provide products for prosthetic make up) in case somebody needs to turn yellow for a scene.
The consistence is not appealing itself (too heavy, it was unconfortable even in swatching). I can't tell anything about duration as 20 minutes was way too much for me.

on 7/31/2016 10:12:00 PM

I bought this in London because Rimmel is unavailable in Singapore. I heard good things about it. A foundation that makes me look awake and alive? Yes please! Got myself one and here's the what and how:

Intro:
- I have combi-oily skin and is using MAC NC30, Clinique True Beige 66, Dior Star 030 (or even 033). On the spectrum where I could still deal with a slight pink undertone in my foundation.
- I took what looks like my skin colour, and Rimmel's Soft Beige on a whim.
- Some reviews claimed about how this foundation is a great perk-me-up. So I thought this must be it.
- You actually see shimmer through the glass bottle. Doesn't show up obnoxiously when you apply. (Brownie points for nice packaging and nice shimmer.)
- When applied, there's a light scent (may bother some) and it feels normal.

Here's what went down:
- When first applied it has medium coverage. Really has a "wake up" effect. I even received a compliment.
- But it couldn't deal with my oily Tzone and Singapore's humid weather. If not for my office's air con, it wouldn't have lasted more than 3 hours.
- Its tone looks like a NC when applied but dries and oxidises like a NW. It made my skin orange.
- It made me felt greasy, cakey and smudgey after a few hours. It transferred my cheek to my handphone. :/

Verdict is, nice finish and nice try on "wake up" foundation. Might suit normal skin in NW tones in colder climate. But don't expect it to last.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation because it has very light coverage; I have sensitive skin but a very oily nose. The colour ivory is way too orange for me but I managed to find the shade 'Light Porcelain' and when mixing the two shade together they make a good side for my skin tone. The packaging is nice and I would definitely buy it again.

I bought this one day last year on a whim as i am constantly looking for makeup that will brighten my dull complexion. Im fast approaching 40 and the fine lines are starting to come in with a vengeance. Sob. Ive trialled just about every foundation known to woman in my quest to get radiant clear young looking skin.
Anyway, i chose the colour 103 true ivory, which looks great on my NW 20 skin with pink undertones. It goes on quite sheer, but is buildable without looking cakey. The formula itself is smooth and creamy and easy to apply with fingers or a brush. The pump bottle is so handy so you dont waste any product. I just used a foundation brush then a stippling brush for the best effect. It definitely does give a glow, but the downside is it's quite sheer and any spots will soon show through. It isnt particularly suitable for oily skins either, as i have combo skin and it started to shine after about 3-4 hours even on my dry patches. That was easily fixed with a tissue and it lasted a decent amount of time for a cheaper end foundation. Added bonus is it has SPF15 so suitable for daytime wear but i wouldnt recommend it for a night out. It also feels nice and light on the face and comes off easily at the end of the day.
If you are on a budget, i would whole heartedly recommend it as a very good value for money foundation with a good all round performance.

on 5/26/2016 1:05:00 PM

This is a big no no. It isn't cakey (unless you put on more than one coat) but the makeup itself oxidises very badly. After a few hour my skin looked patchy and even orange because it oxidised so much and my skin tone is fair. Fair foundation is not supposed to turn orange on skin because that makes it way too obvious. It also doesn't feel great and makes me want to itch it off. P.s my skin is quite sensitive and I am not the hugest fan of wearing foundation that I can feel is there (and this foundation is compared to ud naked) so my review may be a little harsh

on 5/26/2016 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My favourite foundation so far! I have tried so many but this has the best staying power, and doesn't look cakey on my face, or crack, like many other foundations do on my skin. Love <3
Better then all the expensive foundation that I have tried lately by far.

on 5/11/2016 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, this is as in-depth of a review as I can give for the few times that I have worn this foundation.

NEGATIVES
Basically, I have very drastically combination skin. This foundation was literally the worst thing for both my dryness and oiliness. It caught on any dry skin at all and would catch on dry patches throughout the day, as well as baby hairs. On top of this, after less than a few hours of wearing this, it is probably the most oily I've ever looked. There is very very light coverage, and (at least with a beauty blender) is not buildable at all, so concealer would be a must with this foundation for any imperfections.

PROS
This is pale enough for my NW10 skin, and didn't oxidise on me!!!! That's amazing for a drugstore product! I think this should be marketed as a tinted moisturiser more than a foundation and would be most suitable for people who are having a very good skin day with no dry patches and just need a tiny bit of coverage. I didn't think that this foundation looked particularly shimmery, it definitely wasn't glittery. I do think that it does give a relatively radiant appearance, but on me, this just appeared pretty greasy.

I won't repurchase this since I'm now going cruelty free, but even before I made that choice, I'd already decided this was a product that wouldn't be getting repurchased. I actually ended up passing this foundation on to a family member who complained of the same problems I had!

on 4/24/2016 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I feel this is a good quality foundation, but I got the wrong shade.

It wears nice and moisturizing on my at the moment dry skin, gives your skin a moisturized effect as it promises (Anti-fatigue effect+ radiant glow) and sinks into the skin nicely. Packaging is very nice, bottle sits well in the hand and pretty, distinctive orange shimmery cap.
I got the color 300 Sand, which was unfortunately a miss for me. Makes my Asian/medium skin tone look plain ashy. Would repurchase another color if Rimmel were cruelty-free.