Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Wake Me Up FoundationWake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

This foundation is easy to apply, gives great coverage without looking too heavy or cakey lookin. Works well with any face primer, finishing powder and makeup. blends wonderfully with any skin tone and is a great product that doesn't break the budget.

on 12/17/2017 9:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to really like this foundation when I was in high school, but I've recently tried it again and it doesn't really offer the coverage I want. It's ligh-medium coverage, but even with 2 layers you could still see my imperfections underneath so I would have to go with a concealer after. This foundation has a little bit of sparkles but it's not too noticeable and it does make your skin look glowy and awake. I have oily skin so this foundation can look really oily after a couple hours, but once set with powder it's good. Even with powder I still do get oily, but it's because I have really oily skin. Overall it's a good foundation but the coverage isn't how I like my foundations to be.

on 12/7/2017 9:22:00 PM

After reading good reviews, I bought this foundation on sale. Despite how much I love Rimmel products, this one is a disappointment. I like the consistency but the coverage is very light and doesn’t last long at all. I feel that the lines around my eyes are actually accentuated with this stuff. I think it would serve much better as a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't buy many foundatins because I hardly ever wear them - I HATE the feeling of having stuff on my face.

This foundation is very comfortable, goes on nicely, and wears quite well. It oxidises a bit, which is why it's only 4 lipsticks out of 5. Another problem is that it's quite a warm colour - I'm olive-ish but neutral-toned, and it looks noticeably orange on me, especially once I've had it on for a while. I believe the colour I have (Ivory) is a match for me, but perhaps I need to go lighter.

If I could get a colour match, this would be my go-to foundation. It's light, comfortable, the smell is nice, and it doesn't feel goopy.

on 10/7/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased this foundation a few months ago, when I became tired of mac studio fix which I'd been using since I was 18.
I bought this in Superdrug on a 3 for 2 deal along with another two foundations I wanted to try. Initially, I hated it. I'm quite tanned and I took the second from last shade in this, 303, it was far too pale and you could see the shimmer on my face. I'd read reviews before I bought it and lots of people had said although there's a shimmer in the bottle, it doesn't show up once the products actually on your face, but with this lighter shade that definitely wasn't the case! Anyway, I wore it once after that to give it one more shot in case I was maybe having a bad face day and that was why I hadn't liked it, but nah, it was awful. It didn't occur to me to buy it in a darker shade because I thought I just didn't like the formula.

Then on holiday last month my boyfriends sister said she had a foundation for me to try, and it was this in the darker shade, 400 natural beige. I didn't try it because we were going out and after my experience with the foundation I didn't want to risk it. It looked great on her though which got me thinking that maybe it was because the shade was wrong I hadn't liked it.

In Superdrug a few weeks ago I couldn't help but pick it up in natural beige and after giving it another chance I'm glad I did. I really like it, it definitely gives my face a nice brightness about it, and I feel like it looks even better as it wears throughout the day! I also don't find it too shimmery in this shade, more dewy and bright. It's a nice everyday foundation, one I'll probably reach for if I feel the need to wear makeup to work or running errands, and for its price range it's a little gem!
I find this long lasting, I usually apply it in the morning and when the time comes to take it off, it still looks great!

I should mention I have relatively normal/dry skin, I don't know how this would hold up on anyone with particularly oily skin due to the dewy, glowy nature of it.

I've used my real techniques sponge and brush to apply it and I like it with both.

I've deducted one lipstick for the shade range, I am the darkest shade in this foundation and like I said, I'm tanned but I'm still white, for dark skinned ladies this would not be an option which is poor show on the part of rimmel.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this foundation because I thought that it would be great for my dry, dull, winter skin, but I ended up not using it until summer, because it was way too dark for me. I ordered online the shade 100 Yvory and it's... not... ivory... at all? I use 100 Ivory for every Rimmel foundation and they are all a decent match, but this foundation was waaay too dark. I waited until summer, when I get a bit of a tan, but since it's so dewy and glittery it feels a bit strange. Also, when the sun or any type of light shines directly onto my face, I feel a bit like Edward Cullen in the meadow scene of Twilight (You know which one, don't lie, we've all seen that godforsaken movie).

This foundation transfered on me and I can't tell if it's because I use a minimal amount of powder or just because it's very dewy. The coverage is pretty sheer. I think you could get this to a medium coverage, but I only use one pump for fear that all the tiny specks of glitter will turn my face into a disco ball. The glitter is very tiny though and if you're into that kind of thing, you would probably like this foundation.

On the bright side, every Rimmel foundation gets three major brownie points from me: the smell, the glass bottle with the pump and the low price point. Other than these 3 things, I can't really say that I was impressed with the Wake Me Up Foundation.

I've been using this for 6 months and bought it after hearing good reviews about it. I would not purchase this again since it doesn't fit me makes my pores look bigger, slides even if I'm setting it + using primer and enhances my flaws.
This might be a good fit if you are dry and are not really fair/have a yellow undertone. But still, would not recommend it. You can get better foundations at this price point.

+ Price point
+ Pump bottle

- Oxidizes heaps
- NOT dewy but glittery
- Enhances pores
- Smells like mold

on 6/22/2017 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A nice dewy light coverage foundation. Only gripe is the colour choice is quite poor, I'm around NC20 if not lighter and the lightest shade in this is still a couple of shades too dark for me. As it's a dewy foundation, powder well for oily skin types and you should be okay but the longevity of the foundation isn't great anyway. I have oily skin and i've worn this some days without much oil coming through but it seems to breakdown and disappear around the nose and cheek area (pores galore). If you're looking for high coverage this is certainly not for you, I don't even like to build it up to medium mostly because of how dark it is on my skin.

on 12/24/2016 4:54:00 AM

This is a good affordable foundation, light coverage, dewy finish. not that long lasting compared to rimmel match perfection foundation. Overall, really good with the price tag ins usch good quality. Recommend.

its truly amazig