Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Wake Me Up FoundationWake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this foundation because I thought that it would be great for my dry, dull, winter skin, but I ended up not using it until summer, because it was way too dark for me. I ordered online the shade 100 Yvory and it's... not... ivory... at all? I use 100 Ivory for every Rimmel foundation and they are all a decent match, but this foundation was waaay too dark. I waited until summer, when I get a bit of a tan, but since it's so dewy and glittery it feels a bit strange. Also, when the sun or any type of light shines directly onto my face, I feel a bit like Edward Cullen in the meadow scene of Twilight (You know which one, don't lie, we've all seen that godforsaken movie).

This foundation transfered on me and I can't tell if it's because I use a minimal amount of powder or just because it's very dewy. The coverage is pretty sheer. I think you could get this to a medium coverage, but I only use one pump for fear that all the tiny specks of glitter will turn my face into a disco ball. The glitter is very tiny though and if you're into that kind of thing, you would probably like this foundation.

On the bright side, every Rimmel foundation gets three major brownie points from me: the smell, the glass bottle with the pump and the low price point. Other than these 3 things, I can't really say that I was impressed with the Wake Me Up Foundation.

I've been using this for 6 months and bought it after hearing good reviews about it. I would not purchase this again since it doesn't fit me makes my pores look bigger, slides even if I'm setting it + using primer and enhances my flaws.
This might be a good fit if you are dry and are not really fair/have a yellow undertone. But still, would not recommend it. You can get better foundations at this price point.

+ Price point
+ Pump bottle

- Oxidizes heaps
- NOT dewy but glittery
- Enhances pores
- Smells like mold

on 12/24/2016 4:54:00 AM

This is a good affordable foundation, light coverage, dewy finish. not that long lasting compared to rimmel match perfection foundation. Overall, really good with the price tag ins usch good quality. Recommend.

on 6/22/2017 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A nice dewy light coverage foundation. Only gripe is the colour choice is quite poor, I'm around NC20 if not lighter and the lightest shade in this is still a couple of shades too dark for me. As it's a dewy foundation, powder well for oily skin types and you should be okay but the longevity of the foundation isn't great anyway. I have oily skin and i've worn this some days without much oil coming through but it seems to breakdown and disappear around the nose and cheek area (pores galore). If you're looking for high coverage this is certainly not for you, I don't even like to build it up to medium mostly because of how dark it is on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I would recommend this foundation if you're looking for a product that's affordable and light coverage. It is definitely sheer/light but you can build it up to around a medium coverage, it covers up small blemishes and redness quite well but if you want full coverage I wouldn't recommend it. I have fair skin (NW15) and the shade Light Porcelain matches me well, but sometimes it does oxidize, though if I set it with a powder it generally looks fine. The shades are fairly neutral and I don't find it to lean particularly pink or yellow toned. In the bottle you can see there is a small amount of shimmer in the bottle, but it doesn't transfer on to the face and more gives a dewy, brightened finish but doesn't make me look oily. I apply it with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge and it looks natural and smooth, and lasts for the whole day, especially with a primer used underneath. I have purchased this foundation about 3 times and will continue to buy it in the future, however I don't use foundation regularly and only like a light coverage. If you want a full coverage/are looking to cover acne etc I would not recommend it and I also find it runs out quite quickly if using it on a daily basis.

its truly amazig

on 9/18/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First Impression - I couldn't get a match in this foundation so had to buy two different shades, Ivory and Light Porcelain. To get my perfect shade I mix 2 parts of Light Porcelain to 1 of Ivory. Normally I wouldn't buy a foundation that wasn't a perfect match but I bought these while they were on offer for 2 for £10. As for the application, I was really happy when I first applied it. It definitely illuminated my skin and because it's quite thick it set very nicely (I can't stand foundations that take a long time to set). I didn't feel the need to powder and after 6 hours my makeup is still in place and doesn't look remotely oily but then again I have dry skin. However it has clung to dry patches really badly which I didn't expect from a "moisturizing" foundation. I moisturized and primed before application but it has still clung to dry patches. I will experiment with different moisturizers and primers and keep you updated.

on 7/31/2016 10:12:00 PM

I bought this in London because Rimmel is unavailable in Singapore. I heard good things about it. A foundation that makes me look awake and alive? Yes please! Got myself one and here's the what and how:

Intro:
- I have combi-oily skin and is using MAC NC30, Clinique True Beige 66, Dior Star 030 (or even 033). On the spectrum where I could still deal with a slight pink undertone in my foundation.
- I took what looks like my skin colour, and Rimmel's Soft Beige on a whim.
- Some reviews claimed about how this foundation is a great perk-me-up. So I thought this must be it.
- You actually see shimmer through the glass bottle. Doesn't show up obnoxiously when you apply. (Brownie points for nice packaging and nice shimmer.)
- When applied, there's a light scent (may bother some) and it feels normal.

Here's what went down:
- When first applied it has medium coverage. Really has a "wake up" effect. I even received a compliment.
- But it couldn't deal with my oily Tzone and Singapore's humid weather. If not for my office's air con, it wouldn't have lasted more than 3 hours.
- Its tone looks like a NC when applied but dries and oxidises like a NW. It made my skin orange.
- It made me felt greasy, cakey and smudgey after a few hours. It transferred my cheek to my handphone. :/

Verdict is, nice finish and nice try on "wake up" foundation. Might suit normal skin in NW tones in colder climate. But don't expect it to last.

on 8/22/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was gifted with this from a friend careless of make up, as she wanted to use it for a special event then left it dusting in her bathroom. So she offered it to me for trying to find a better use.
So, I got the shade Ivory and uhm. The only thing I can tell about it, is that it might fit you only if you're Marge Simpson. I always get Ivory for 99% of my face products, and I'm aware of the yellow undertones (that's why I get it, duh), but this is plain yeeellllloooowww. It probably supposed to work as a colour correction, but this is out of control! My husband couldn't stop laughing at me, so the foundation ended in the stage make-up emergency bag (we work in cinema and sometimes we provide products for prosthetic make up) in case somebody needs to turn yellow for a scene.
The consistence is not appealing itself (too heavy, it was unconfortable even in swatching). I can't tell anything about duration as 20 minutes was way too much for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation because it has very light coverage; I have sensitive skin but a very oily nose. The colour ivory is way too orange for me but I managed to find the shade 'Light Porcelain' and when mixing the two shade together they make a good side for my skin tone. The packaging is nice and I would definitely buy it again.