Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Wake Me Up FoundationWake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

I've been using this for 6 months and bought it after hearing good reviews about it. I would not purchase this again since it doesn't fit me makes my pores look bigger, slides even if I'm setting it + using primer and enhances my flaws.
This might be a good fit if you are dry and are not really fair/have a yellow undertone. But still, would not recommend it. You can get better foundations at this price point.

+ Price point
+ Pump bottle

- Oxidizes heaps
- NOT dewy but glittery
- Enhances pores
- Smells like mold

on 6/22/2017 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A nice dewy light coverage foundation. Only gripe is the colour choice is quite poor, I'm around NC20 if not lighter and the lightest shade in this is still a couple of shades too dark for me. As it's a dewy foundation, powder well for oily skin types and you should be okay but the longevity of the foundation isn't great anyway. I have oily skin and i've worn this some days without much oil coming through but it seems to breakdown and disappear around the nose and cheek area (pores galore). If you're looking for high coverage this is certainly not for you, I don't even like to build it up to medium mostly because of how dark it is on my skin.

on 12/24/2016 4:54:00 AM

This is a good affordable foundation, light coverage, dewy finish. not that long lasting compared to rimmel match perfection foundation. Overall, really good with the price tag ins usch good quality. Recommend.

its truly amazig

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I would recommend this foundation if you're looking for a product that's affordable and light coverage. It is definitely sheer/light but you can build it up to around a medium coverage, it covers up small blemishes and redness quite well but if you want full coverage I wouldn't recommend it. I have fair skin (NW15) and the shade Light Porcelain matches me well, but sometimes it does oxidize, though if I set it with a powder it generally looks fine. The shades are fairly neutral and I don't find it to lean particularly pink or yellow toned. In the bottle you can see there is a small amount of shimmer in the bottle, but it doesn't transfer on to the face and more gives a dewy, brightened finish but doesn't make me look oily. I apply it with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge and it looks natural and smooth, and lasts for the whole day, especially with a primer used underneath. I have purchased this foundation about 3 times and will continue to buy it in the future, however I don't use foundation regularly and only like a light coverage. If you want a full coverage/are looking to cover acne etc I would not recommend it and I also find it runs out quite quickly if using it on a daily basis.

on 9/18/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First Impression - I couldn't get a match in this foundation so had to buy two different shades, Ivory and Light Porcelain. To get my perfect shade I mix 2 parts of Light Porcelain to 1 of Ivory. Normally I wouldn't buy a foundation that wasn't a perfect match but I bought these while they were on offer for 2 for £10. As for the application, I was really happy when I first applied it. It definitely illuminated my skin and because it's quite thick it set very nicely (I can't stand foundations that take a long time to set). I didn't feel the need to powder and after 6 hours my makeup is still in place and doesn't look remotely oily but then again I have dry skin. However it has clung to dry patches really badly which I didn't expect from a "moisturizing" foundation. I moisturized and primed before application but it has still clung to dry patches. I will experiment with different moisturizers and primers and keep you updated.

on 8/22/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was gifted with this from a friend careless of make up, as she wanted to use it for a special event then left it dusting in her bathroom. So she offered it to me for trying to find a better use.
So, I got the shade Ivory and uhm. The only thing I can tell about it, is that it might fit you only if you're Marge Simpson. I always get Ivory for 99% of my face products, and I'm aware of the yellow undertones (that's why I get it, duh), but this is plain yeeellllloooowww. It probably supposed to work as a colour correction, but this is out of control! My husband couldn't stop laughing at me, so the foundation ended in the stage make-up emergency bag (we work in cinema and sometimes we provide products for prosthetic make up) in case somebody needs to turn yellow for a scene.
The consistence is not appealing itself (too heavy, it was unconfortable even in swatching). I can't tell anything about duration as 20 minutes was way too much for me.

on 7/31/2016 10:12:00 PM

I bought this in London because Rimmel is unavailable in Singapore. I heard good things about it. A foundation that makes me look awake and alive? Yes please! Got myself one and here's the what and how:

Intro:
- I have combi-oily skin and is using MAC NC30, Clinique True Beige 66, Dior Star 030 (or even 033). On the spectrum where I could still deal with a slight pink undertone in my foundation.
- I took what looks like my skin colour, and Rimmel's Soft Beige on a whim.
- Some reviews claimed about how this foundation is a great perk-me-up. So I thought this must be it.
- You actually see shimmer through the glass bottle. Doesn't show up obnoxiously when you apply. (Brownie points for nice packaging and nice shimmer.)
- When applied, there's a light scent (may bother some) and it feels normal.

Here's what went down:
- When first applied it has medium coverage. Really has a "wake up" effect. I even received a compliment.
- But it couldn't deal with my oily Tzone and Singapore's humid weather. If not for my office's air con, it wouldn't have lasted more than 3 hours.
- Its tone looks like a NC when applied but dries and oxidises like a NW. It made my skin orange.
- It made me felt greasy, cakey and smudgey after a few hours. It transferred my cheek to my handphone. :/

Verdict is, nice finish and nice try on "wake up" foundation. Might suit normal skin in NW tones in colder climate. But don't expect it to last.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation because it has very light coverage; I have sensitive skin but a very oily nose. The colour ivory is way too orange for me but I managed to find the shade 'Light Porcelain' and when mixing the two shade together they make a good side for my skin tone. The packaging is nice and I would definitely buy it again.

I bought this one day last year on a whim as i am constantly looking for makeup that will brighten my dull complexion. Im fast approaching 40 and the fine lines are starting to come in with a vengeance. Sob. Ive trialled just about every foundation known to woman in my quest to get radiant clear young looking skin.
Anyway, i chose the colour 103 true ivory, which looks great on my NW 20 skin with pink undertones. It goes on quite sheer, but is buildable without looking cakey. The formula itself is smooth and creamy and easy to apply with fingers or a brush. The pump bottle is so handy so you dont waste any product. I just used a foundation brush then a stippling brush for the best effect. It definitely does give a glow, but the downside is it's quite sheer and any spots will soon show through. It isnt particularly suitable for oily skins either, as i have combo skin and it started to shine after about 3-4 hours even on my dry patches. That was easily fixed with a tissue and it lasted a decent amount of time for a cheaper end foundation. Added bonus is it has SPF15 so suitable for daytime wear but i wouldnt recommend it for a night out. It also feels nice and light on the face and comes off easily at the end of the day.
If you are on a budget, i would whole heartedly recommend it as a very good value for money foundation with a good all round performance.