Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Wake Me Up FoundationWake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't buy many foundatins because I hardly ever wear them - I HATE the feeling of having stuff on my face.

This foundation is very comfortable, goes on nicely, and wears quite well. It oxidises a bit, which is why it's only 4 lipsticks out of 5. Another problem is that it's quite a warm colour - I'm olive-ish but neutral-toned, and it looks noticeably orange on me, especially once I've had it on for a while. I believe the colour I have (Ivory) is a match for me, but perhaps I need to go lighter.

If I could get a colour match, this would be my go-to foundation. It's light, comfortable, the smell is nice, and it doesn't feel goopy.

on 10/12/2017 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Truly amazing foundation! ( I'm reafaring to the new formula that enhance with vitamin C & SPF15)
Gives a really good coverage, with a dewy finish, but feels & looks like a second skin! 🤗
throughout The day my skin looks even better!! I've never experienced something like this..
(I'm guessing it's the vitamin c properties that kick in) I own three of Rimmel foundation and this is my favorite.
* take into consideration that the shades throw the bottle appears darker than they actually are.

on 6/22/2017 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A nice dewy light coverage foundation. Only gripe is the colour choice is quite poor, I'm around NC20 if not lighter and the lightest shade in this is still a couple of shades too dark for me. As it's a dewy foundation, powder well for oily skin types and you should be okay but the longevity of the foundation isn't great anyway. I have oily skin and i've worn this some days without much oil coming through but it seems to breakdown and disappear around the nose and cheek area (pores galore). If you're looking for high coverage this is certainly not for you, I don't even like to build it up to medium mostly because of how dark it is on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this foundation because I thought that it would be great for my dry, dull, winter skin, but I ended up not using it until summer, because it was way too dark for me. I ordered online the shade 100 Yvory and it's... not... ivory... at all? I use 100 Ivory for every Rimmel foundation and they are all a decent match, but this foundation was waaay too dark. I waited until summer, when I get a bit of a tan, but since it's so dewy and glittery it feels a bit strange. Also, when the sun or any type of light shines directly onto my face, I feel a bit like Edward Cullen in the meadow scene of Twilight (You know which one, don't lie, we've all seen that godforsaken movie).

This foundation transfered on me and I can't tell if it's because I use a minimal amount of powder or just because it's very dewy. The coverage is pretty sheer. I think you could get this to a medium coverage, but I only use one pump for fear that all the tiny specks of glitter will turn my face into a disco ball. The glitter is very tiny though and if you're into that kind of thing, you would probably like this foundation.

On the bright side, every Rimmel foundation gets three major brownie points from me: the smell, the glass bottle with the pump and the low price point. Other than these 3 things, I can't really say that I was impressed with the Wake Me Up Foundation.

on 10/7/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased this foundation a few months ago, when I became tired of mac studio fix which I'd been using since I was 18.
I bought this in Superdrug on a 3 for 2 deal along with another two foundations I wanted to try. Initially, I hated it. I'm quite tanned and I took the second from last shade in this, 303, it was far too pale and you could see the shimmer on my face. I'd read reviews before I bought it and lots of people had said although there's a shimmer in the bottle, it doesn't show up once the products actually on your face, but with this lighter shade that definitely wasn't the case! Anyway, I wore it once after that to give it one more shot in case I was maybe having a bad face day and that was why I hadn't liked it, but nah, it was awful. It didn't occur to me to buy it in a darker shade because I thought I just didn't like the formula.

Then on holiday last month my boyfriends sister said she had a foundation for me to try, and it was this in the darker shade, 400 natural beige. I didn't try it because we were going out and after my experience with the foundation I didn't want to risk it. It looked great on her though which got me thinking that maybe it was because the shade was wrong I hadn't liked it.

In Superdrug a few weeks ago I couldn't help but pick it up in natural beige and after giving it another chance I'm glad I did. I really like it, it definitely gives my face a nice brightness about it, and I feel like it looks even better as it wears throughout the day! I also don't find it too shimmery in this shade, more dewy and bright. It's a nice everyday foundation, one I'll probably reach for if I feel the need to wear makeup to work or running errands, and for its price range it's a little gem!
I find this long lasting, I usually apply it in the morning and when the time comes to take it off, it still looks great!

I should mention I have relatively normal/dry skin, I don't know how this would hold up on anyone with particularly oily skin due to the dewy, glowy nature of it.

I've used my real techniques sponge and brush to apply it and I like it with both.

I've deducted one lipstick for the shade range, I am the darkest shade in this foundation and like I said, I'm tanned but I'm still white, for dark skinned ladies this would not be an option which is poor show on the part of rimmel.

I've been using this for 6 months and bought it after hearing good reviews about it. I would not purchase this again since it doesn't fit me makes my pores look bigger, slides even if I'm setting it + using primer and enhances my flaws.
This might be a good fit if you are dry and are not really fair/have a yellow undertone. But still, would not recommend it. You can get better foundations at this price point.

+ Price point
+ Pump bottle

- Oxidizes heaps
- NOT dewy but glittery
- Enhances pores
- Smells like mold

on 9/18/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First Impression - I couldn't get a match in this foundation so had to buy two different shades, Ivory and Light Porcelain. To get my perfect shade I mix 2 parts of Light Porcelain to 1 of Ivory. Normally I wouldn't buy a foundation that wasn't a perfect match but I bought these while they were on offer for 2 for £10. As for the application, I was really happy when I first applied it. It definitely illuminated my skin and because it's quite thick it set very nicely (I can't stand foundations that take a long time to set). I didn't feel the need to powder and after 6 hours my makeup is still in place and doesn't look remotely oily but then again I have dry skin. However it has clung to dry patches really badly which I didn't expect from a "moisturizing" foundation. I moisturized and primed before application but it has still clung to dry patches. I will experiment with different moisturizers and primers and keep you updated.

on 12/24/2016 4:54:00 AM

This is a good affordable foundation, light coverage, dewy finish. not that long lasting compared to rimmel match perfection foundation. Overall, really good with the price tag ins usch good quality. Recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I would recommend this foundation if you're looking for a product that's affordable and light coverage. It is definitely sheer/light but you can build it up to around a medium coverage, it covers up small blemishes and redness quite well but if you want full coverage I wouldn't recommend it. I have fair skin (NW15) and the shade Light Porcelain matches me well, but sometimes it does oxidize, though if I set it with a powder it generally looks fine. The shades are fairly neutral and I don't find it to lean particularly pink or yellow toned. In the bottle you can see there is a small amount of shimmer in the bottle, but it doesn't transfer on to the face and more gives a dewy, brightened finish but doesn't make me look oily. I apply it with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge and it looks natural and smooth, and lasts for the whole day, especially with a primer used underneath. I have purchased this foundation about 3 times and will continue to buy it in the future, however I don't use foundation regularly and only like a light coverage. If you want a full coverage/are looking to cover acne etc I would not recommend it and I also find it runs out quite quickly if using it on a daily basis.

its truly amazig