LUSH Toothy Tabs - Sparkle

LUSH Toothy Tabs - Sparkle

3.9

on 5/3/2015 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've only used this a few times, so I don't know if the whitening works- might have to update this review later on. But I can say that it tastes gross! I have never brushed my teeth so fast, lol. But my teeth always feel very clean after. It's cheap too, and the packaging is different- you can recycle it, so you're helping the environment too :)

First off I love the packaging it's adorable! The price is perfect considering you get 40 or so toothy tabs (solid toothpaste). I have only used this twice but the results are amazing!!! I wear clear braces and as a teenager I drink soda eat junk food which stains my braces an orangey or off white color!! And I brush every day 3 times for a while and the stains don't come off!! When I used sparkle toothy tabs every stain came off of my braces and my teeth were so white! They were shining and felt like I just payed a visit to the dentist! The only turn off of sparkle toothy tabs is the taste WARNING: DON'T TRY TO EAT IT LIKE MY FRIEND DID!! ONLY CRUSH IN BETWEEN FRONT TEETH! Sadly it has a peppery taste. If you don't want the taste of pepper on your tongue I suggest you only crush the tablets and not try to eat it like gum! I definitely am repurchasing this product!

on 7/17/2014 10:26:00 AM

I swear to god, if you're a smoker (or have stained teeth because of other reasons) buy these instead of your regular toothpaste! My teeth have just gone from a smoker's yellow to very nearly white with one brush... I was spitting out brown gloop - nicotine!! Plus it's super good for people who don't like wasting that bit of paste at the end of a tube, because there's no tube, just a recyclable card box, because they're solid toothpastes! Green, vegan, and ridiculously effective, can't go wrong! I wasn't too keen on the flavour, but I don't like the flavour of any dental hygiene product in general. Instead of rinsing with water afterwards, I rinsed with a mild mint mouthwash and my mouth has never ever felt cleaner!! And to other reviewers, I advise using a toothbrush with this product, I have a cavity in my tooth where a filling has fallen out, and I get food etc in it all the time and this gently lifted it out and even cleared up the cavity. It's truly a magical product.

I wanted to like this one, since it's supposed to be more whitening than the others. (I typically use Chou Chou or Dirty. Dirty is so far my favorite.)
But I just couldn't get behind this one, the pepper taste was just too strong!
Seems to whiten just fine though, but I only used it once, so my experience with it is limited but I don't wish to try it again.

3/5 Lippies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was my first ever toothy tab purchase. I really liked the sound of the flavor description on the web site, which is a lemon grapefruit flavor. The first time I popped one into my mouth the first thing I noticed was all the foam I got! And it wasn't like a gloppy foam like normal toothpaste it was an airy bubbly foam. The next thing I noticed was the lack of lemon. I was kinda disappointed. Then quite suddenly all the pepper hit me. So much so it kinda burned. When I finished my mouth was still tingly, but very clean. It really got all the plaque off and freshened my breath. And I swear this whitens better then ( insert usual brand of whitening tooth paste here). Yellow stains I had for years are gone. Since then I got Chou Chou I love you which tastes much better but foamed a little less. Which reminds me if you have too much saliva in your mouth these don't foam as well. I really like these and will never go back to normal tooth paste. Can't wait to try all the flavors, And I plan on buying a shampoo tin to put these in because I can tell these boxes won't last long which is the point so I don't mind.

on 10/13/2012 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really don't get why everyone hates these so much!
It quite clearly states that they have pepper in them and yes, the taste does take a few goes to get used to and it isn't the best in the world (hence why I knocked a star off) but the cleaning power of them is unbelievable!
I'm a smoker and through this have aquired some unsightly stains on my front teeth, after using Toothy Tabs for a couple of weeks (I use Chou Chou... I Love You at night for the rose taste and Sparkle in the morning to wake me up!) the stains on my front teeth have nearly gone so I'm sure with continued use they'll disappear eventually.
They also leave my teeth feeling squeaky clean, so much so that I usually can't stop touching my teeth with my tongue!

The packaging isn't very good as it's made of card so if you leave it in a steamy bathroom it'll go soggy but I just tend to keep them in my bedroom and take one tab with me into the bathroom.

I'll definitely be buying these again as they're really cheap (2.50 for 40 tabs) cheaper than other 'whitening' toothpastes that I've bought that haven't worked!

on 12/26/2011 12:13:00 AM

Let me start off by saying that I actually rate this product a 1 or 2 but since I didn't get an accurate feel of it, I gave it a 3. I bought the Sparkle Toothy Tabs because I was curious and thought they looked pretty cool and a fun alternative to regular toothpaste. Plus, they were only like $3 or something like that. I chose Sparkle because it said they give you fresh breath and make your teeth sparkle...what's not to like? You put them in your mouth and bite into them, then wet your tooth brush and proceed to brush as normal. I bit into the tab and....the taste was overwhelming. I know LUSH products and realize that they rarely add tastes or unnatural fragrances so I wasn't expecting a wonderful taste but I was not prepared for the horrible taste that followed. The worst part was that it set my mouth on fire! I read the package before buying and saw it was "Lemon-Pepper". I thought it was kind of odd, but expected it to me more lemony than peppery. I was wrong...it is all pepper and I really didn't taste any lemon at all. I spit it out immediately and used my regular Crest, the taste was in my mouth for hours though. I tried them one more time for a second chance but still...overwhelmingly bad taste. As far as cleaning my mouth, I'm not sure because I used my regular toothpaste right after to get the disgusting taste out. That is why I cannot accurately give these tabs a rating. As a fan of LUSH products in general, I hate to write a bad review so consider this more of a warning. Maybe the taste won't bother you but just be careful when buying.

Popular Other Products