Uncover Skincare Moisturizer

Uncover Skincare Moisturizer

4.3

on 11/16/2017 4:06:00 AM

In the end I am never without this moisturizer. (I am currently using my 6th or 7th bottle). I still 'cheat' with other products for ridiculous reasons, provoked by the marketing claims of other brands. (I really have to stop doing that!).
This brand Uncover however, has no marketing 'machines'. The only marketing strategy is that this works like a charm and my skin is proof of that. High percentages of ingredients (niacinamide, vitamin C) that actually work. No nonsense packaging in airtight pumps.
Best customer service I ever encountered. They answer your questions in no time, even if it has nothing to do with the products. General skincare questions are also answered.
The moisturizers (I alternate, depending on the seasons) are both a delight. They are absorbed quickly, are not sticky and do not cause any irritation for my eyes. You can use them around your eyes, because eye cream is not necessary to use. They do not have that odd 'there-is-no-perfume-in-this-cream' smell, which I hate, but a nice neutral smell.
And most importantly my skin looks great! No more redness, tightness, bumps or blemishes. It might be possible your skin has to adjust using these products, because of the high percentages of used ingredients.
I use the entire skin care line and I am going to try the foundation. Just ordered samples.
A must try! You won't be disappointed!

I have very red, sensitive and dry skin (though oily on the forehead), just washing my face with water can cause excessive redness. I love this moisturizer because of the high percentage of vitamin C and niaciname, you only need a little amount and it will sink right into your skin. I love both moisturizers of this brand (the one for oily/normal skin and the one for dry/normal skin), and use them in combination with the toner and the exfoliant! All of the product don't contain any irritating ingredients.

on 4/29/2013 6:25:00 AM

I'm not sure if I like this product (I use the one for normal/oily skin). It has a great ingredient list and others have had good results using it, but I can't get over how horribly sticky it is. When I use it at night combined with the Uncover exfoliant I wake up with my face practically glued to my pillowcase! Even though I don't use a huge amount and let it dry well :-/
I'm also not convinced of its moisturizing capabilities. The aforementioned exfoliant leaves my skin a bit dry (it contains salicylic acid) and the moisturizer didn't do much about that.
I've currently switched to another product (Cetaphil moisturizing cream), but as I have paid a lot of money for the Uncover moisturizer, I'm not yet giving up on it...

on 3/2/2013 3:31:00 AM

Great moisturizer! I use the one for combination/oily skin.It has a niacinamide percentage of 5%(!) in it.
(The dry skin/normal skin has 4% niacinamide).This ingredient is a true miracle for your skin. The cream is not sticky, which I hate, and is being absorbed pretty quickly.
Dutch founder of this brand, Jetske Ultee, has a very useful and informative blog. In which she also gives advise about ingredients of other skincare brands. A bit like Paula Begoun, only Jetske Ultee is NOT secretive about percentages of ingredients in her products. I really do not understand why Paula will not open up about the used percentages.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'v been using the moisturizer and sunscreen for a few months now and I'm pretty sure I will stick with these :)

Because I have an oily skin I only use the sunscreen in the daytime (because combined with the moisturizer it will be too greasy). At first I used the sunscreen with SPF 30, but I found it hard to blend, left me with a white cast on my face and made my face too shiny. So I guess this is great for people with dry skin. Now i received a sample of the sunscreen with SPF 15 and this is super! No white cast and still a little bit greasy (but that's typical for sunscreens), but when i use my Jane Iredale pure pressed base on top, my face is all matte :) The filters used in this sunscreen are Tinosorb S and M, rather new sun filters, but very safe, photo stable and with a minimum risk of skin irritation. And indeed, it didn't irritated my rosacea skin at all! :)

The moisturizer I moistly use at night or when i'm going out, in the evening as a (great!) make-up base for my jane iredale purepressed base. I have the one for normal to oily skin, but I found it leaves my skin still a bit too shiny to be used alone: but just like the sunscreen, put a little bit of powder on top of it and it looks great! :)

Both products also, contain some great anti-oxidants which help to calm down, feed and restore the skin. And yes, my skin does look much healthier now :)

The products aren't very cheap ( the moisturizer costs 49,95 euro and the sunscreen 35,95 euro), but they're worth every penny. I look at these skin products as a great investment, especially because of my very sensitive skin, so I'm not saving on this.
You can only buy this online (http://www.uncover-skincare.nl), but they deliver very fast and if you want to give it a try at first: they sent free samples, which is also great.

Update: I had to stop using the sunscreen, because it breaks me out :( I've noticed that when I use this a few days in a row, I always get bumps, mostly on my forehead. Too bad, because i know it's important to use sunscreen, but I guess it's just too heavy for my combination skin. Maybe people with drier and less acne-prone skin will have no problems with it.

on 1/1/2013 7:14:00 AM

This is a brand that can only be bought online right now. I'm hoping it will go mainstream and be more readily available, because it's the first time I've actually seen a difference in my skin from using a new face cream. A good difference that is. My skin looks clearer and just all over better. If it stays like this I can get rid of my foundation altogether. I'm using the toner and Moisturizer from this line. Hopefully the moisturizer on it's own will work since I prefer to use way cheaper cleansing products. The other reviewer here has more information on the how and why of this line.
Basically Jetske Ultee believes in products without alcohol or perfumes, everything needs to be in a pump bottle to keep the ingredients fresh and working. On her Dutch blog she gives a lot of advice on other products that she finds ok to use. The Body Shop's Aloe Vera line for instance.

on 12/24/2011 12:12:00 PM

I always try to avoid superlatives as much as possible. After all, I might think that I like a product one day, only to find serious flaws weeks or months later. Uncover Skincare however, is something else! I can confidently say that I officially have found my HG skincare line.

I didn't think I would ever use 'holy grail' here on MUA, since I think there's often room for improvement. I am so very impressed with this skincare line though. I feel like one of these Tell Sell girls raving about a product on TV, with the exception that this product line by Jetske Ultee actually works miracles.

Ultee is a researcher and doctor, she's the supervisor of the 'skin department' of a Dutch private clinique. She's also on a crusade - in Dutch newspapers, magazines and on her blog - against the tons of cosmetic products that blurt out false promises and market ridiculous ingredients. As an expert, she explains that these ingredients are often added in ridiculously marginal dosages that will do zero to help improve your skin , or worse, too many of these products - yes even the expensive brands - consist of downright harmful ingredients. Frustrated with these products, she decided to develop her own skincare line.

What's so different about her products? She has put her list of ingredients together based on the latest research and she made sure to add high dosages of these ingredients. On her website, she explains clearly WHY she uses these ingredients, in WHAT dosages and what they are supposed to DO (and believe me; they do!). Basically the active ingredients are pretty much the only ingredients her products consist of, which, if you ask me, is so refreshing. She tried to stay clear of perfume, pre- and conservatives and other skin aging or irritating ingredients as much as possible. Therefore it's all the more surprising that her products smell delicious, a soft fresh fragrance, as opposed to the annoyingly present fragrances in most other brands I tried.

To come to the point, I've tried numerous products in an attempt to get rid of my restless skin. I've been dealing with both hormonal (around my period) and food/lack of sleep/stress related breakouts for years. I tried multiple scrubs and creams with salicylic acid, zinc or tea tree oil, I tried the infamous Estee Lauder Repair Wear and multiple other brands, both expensive and drugstore ones. Mind you, not necessarily to get rid of impurities, also for overall more beautiful looking skin. Although I sometimes liked to pretend that they did (especially the expensive ones such as the EL serum) nothing actually worked.

Uncover Skincare does work! It's scary how I now realize that my life in a way revolved around my 'bad skin'. For example, I always tried to plan fun activities on good days, knowing that I would feel insecure going in public on bad days.

Now that Uncover Skincare is my new skincare regime, this finally is no longer an issue. I spray the Toner - fresh watery texture, neither drying or oily - on my face before applying and after removing my make up. I use the moisturizer on the dryer areas, including my eye area, since this moisturizer is so mild that it's not irritating to the eyes at all.

The exfoliant might be my favourite product of the bunch! I apply a thin layer on my face and neck before going to bed and I wake up with beautiful, radiant skin, I need to resist staring in the mirror every morning like some self absorbed barbie doll. I've been using these products for three months now and I have not had a break out ever since. I'm dead serious (I must add that during that same period I also cut back on many refined sugars and dairy products, especially cheese).

Still, it's perfectly obvious that Uncover Skincare deserves a lot of credit. My only regret is that I didn't find out about this product that really delivers sooner. It would've saved me so much money spent on false marketing promises.