Gabriel Dual Powder Foundation

4.3

on 6/9/2017 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My skin is dry/sensitive with enlarged pores & some scarring(oyyy). I am not a big fan of liquid foundation for 2 reasons. 1)I hate that I can feel it sitting on my face. 2) They tend to break me out. I've been on a quest to find a powder foundation that doesn't suck the life out of my skin. So far this is the best powder foundation that I've used to date. If you have super dry skin like me, then it is essential that you moisturize well! I'd also recommend a moisturizing primer. Sometimes, I even spritz some rose water on during prep or use it as a setting spray after for an extra boost of hydration(plus it smells amazing!) The powder looks natural & doesn't feel heavy on the skin. After applying, it kind of just melts into your skin. It comes with one of those circular applicator sponges, but I use a kabuki or foundation brush instead. It covers pretty well for the most part. For extra red areas, you may need a concealer. The finish provides a nice healthy glow! I don't find that it cakes or accentuates my pores, but like all powders it's very easy to go overboard so be diligent. I live in an area that has high humidity & it holds up well for the most part, but there are a couple of areas that need a retouch such as the areas around the mouth, but I haven't found that I've needed an entire face retouch. Depends on your skin type..now someone with oily skin may need to do a whole face touch up. My only complaint about Gabriel (& why I'm taking off one lippie) is that I wish the company offered samples so that you can find your perfect match. I contacted them & was told that there wasn't much of a difference between the Gabriel Dual & the ZuZu Luxe Dual...it's mainly just a difference in colors. I would have liked to have sampled both the extra light beige in Gabriel & the D4 in Zuzu Luxe to see which powder matched my skin tone better. I'd like to eventually try the zuzu luxe brand & compare for myself! Overall, I'd definitely recommend.

on 8/24/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been trying to replace my make-up with cleaner brands and also ones that are cruelty free. This is an excellent powder foundation. I like how it goes on and is buildable. I like powder for the summers because Houston is hot and humid.

The compact is kind of hard to open which is annoying but I love the product.

I have the medium beige and it is a perfect match for my Asian skin.

on 11/29/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have tried many many many foundations on my oily break out prone skin. If you name something- I have tried it- from Chanel to Shu eumura This is by far, the best. It covers. It stays on ALL day. It looks natural. It keeps my skin crystal clear, not a single blemish while using this. I get compliments all the time. Its at Whole Foods and it is cruelty free. Its really the best thing I have ever put on my face.

on 12/2/2011 2:06:00 PM

Very decent powder. I got it in light beige, the 2nd lightest shade. It looks very orangey in the compact but does not go on that way. I only use it as a setting powder so I cannot speak for it working as a foundation on its own. As a setting powder a little goes a long way and it gives a nice finish and helps to control my oil very well throughout the day. I don't like the sponge it comes with, it's too hard and will make the powder go on too thick if you use it and then it WILL look orangey on you. I usually use a powder brush and throughout the day I use blotting papers. On the rare occasion I do feel I need to touch up with powder I use a different sponge, one that's not so thick that will not pick up too much product. The price isn't cheap but not too steep... $25ish.

This product goes on without making me look caked or made up. I've been looking for something with more coverage, but so far I haven't found anything that feels as nice on my skin and makes my 40 something face look younger.

I decided to switch all of my foundation items to natural/organic and after reading the reviews decided to give Gabriel's line a try. I purchased this powder in Extra Light Beige and had been using it over their Pale Ivory liquid foundation to set it. I love both of them however I have found the liquid is not even needed. This powder is a great foundation by itself. I just use some concealer and then put this on as my foundation. It's light weight and has great coverage. Doesn't dry out my sensitive dry skin. The makeup lasts all day and if I feel for any reason it needs to be touched up all I have to do is use this powder to dab my face a little and whala! I will definitely be buying this again. My dry sensitive skin is very happy! I love the packaging. All I have to do is purchase a refill for the compact. Great for the environment! This is my new go to foundation!