MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

MISSHA  Cho Bo Yang BB Cream
MISSHA MISA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream SPF30 PA++ 20ml

4.2

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Arbutin Cyclohexasiloxane, Zinc Oxide Sodium Hyaluronate, Calcium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Diisostearyl Malate, TalcIron Oxides, Beeswax, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite Fragrance, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate Adenosine, Asparagus Lucidus Root Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Bacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Bletilla Striata Root Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Cynanchum Wifordi Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, SilicaTerminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

on 11/8/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another outstanding product from Missha. I've been using it for 2 months now, so it's time for a review. Guess I was lucky since this BB cream didn't break me out like some of the reviewers, which is odd, cause I'm extremely clog-prone.

Cho Bo Yang is definitely on the thicker side, when it comes to consistency, so if you're looking for an even higher coverage than let's say Perfect Cover BB Cream from Missha, then Cho Bo Yang may be something for you. It preforms splendid when it comes to evening out the skin, my face looks like airbrushed when I apply this with the beauty blender and it doesn't oxidise or fade away. The finish is not entirely matte but it's neither on the dewy side, I'd rather say it's satin.

What I also noticed is that my skin needs more hydration when I wear Cho Bo Yang. I usually apply the SK-II essence and follow up with a light face cream before I apply this BB cream and it works perfectly. Day cream alone is not enough in my case though I think you wont need this extra essence-lotion-whatever-moisture step, if your skin is on the oilier or combo side. Obviously, the oil control is very good.

So all in all: this is definitely worth spending your money on and I think that drier skin type ladies and gents will also like this if you double up the moisture cream because despite being a little drying, this BB cream doesn't emphasize dry pathes and fine lines.

The reason I took one lippy off is the limited colour range. I wear #13 in Misshas Perfect Cover BB Cream, so the shade #1 is a little too dark on me.

on 10/28/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this product and stubbornly used it for a month until I gave up and ordered my trusty Missha Perfect Cover. I'm sure there exists a person this product is suitable for but that person is not me. This is not a horrible product and I think that it could suit some one with an oily skin who doesn't break out easily. I have a combination skin so some parts of my skin are way too dry to pull off this product.

Pros:
In my opinion this one has better coverage than Perfect Cover

Cons:
The colour is not as good as with Missha Perfect color.

The finish doesn't look as nice and dewy as with Perfect Cover. (Might be a pro for some one who prefers more matte finish)

Dries up my skin and causes me to have small white pimples

Due to dryer consistency my skin looks dry after wearing this for hours

I find that this tends to cake after couple of hours

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Excellent product. Out of all of the missha bb creams this has to be the best.

Easy to blend, great texture. Fragrance is very light. I had no sign of a breakout at all and I am extremely prone. Definitely a high quality product and doesn't give you any of those nasty dry patches either.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

**Edit** So… I am very disappointed to say that after 2 weeks of using this my skin is out of control. I haven’t experienced this much congestion in a long time and in areas where I’ve never really broken out. My forehead, cheeks and jawline have broken out in little and medium sized white heads. I think it could be the SPF.. Such a shame as I’d thought I’d found my perfect match.. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Where has this BB Cream been all my life?

I have combination skin, that’s gets dry in winter but I still manage to get an oily t-zone halfway through the day and have occasional breakouts. I also suffer from dark under eye circles.

After reading the reviews on here I immediately googled where to find this cream in Australia and was happily surprised to find a stockist and ordered it straight away. I am of Italian descent and have an olive complexion with yellow undertones so I ordered the darkest, Shade #2 (one small con- not enough shades). This colour is actually perfect for my skin tone and I don’t see the grey that some others on here, I just add a little bronzer and I have glowing, healthy and natural looking skin which is just what I’ve been looking for!

The consistency is thick (a little goes a long way) but goes on quite nicely and sets beautifully, I don’t need to touch up at all at work and might need a bit of concealer under the eyes after work if I’m going out. Speaking of the eyes, if I dab a little of this on my circles it covers them up (not 100% but enough to not have to wear concealer if I don’t need it).

I haven’t really noticed any major problems, I am prone to breakouts around the jawline and that hasn’t really stopped but there are no new breakouts to speak of! I will definitely be purchasing again.

I too agree with most on here that say this isn’t for super dry skin as it does set quite quickly and you might see flaky bits BUT it does provide some moisture so if you’re like me who only suffers dryness in winter give it a go!

Also, I don't mind the pump BUT sometimes it fills with air bubbles and you need to pump more and you end up either squeezing out too much product or it splutters everywhere so I gave 1 lippie off for that and the fact we needs more shades!

on 4/5/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried a sample of Cho Bo in shade #21 thinking it might be a tiny bit too dark. For reference, I'm #13 in Missha's Signature BB, MAC NW10 (there abouts) or ghost. So, #21. Well, it is pretty darn pale, it seems to match my skin beautifully. Perhaps, if I were to be superpicky, it's a tiny, tiny bit on the dark side, but that's why we have something called "blending".....

I like this BB cream. A lot.

I have dry/combo, acne prone, slightly red, pinky, hyper pigmented, annoyingly imperfect skin, with visible pores. Hell yes, I've got it all going on, aren't I lucky?

But, Cho Bo... She evens, covers, moisturises, hides my pores. I'm left with a natural, refined, velvety finish that dries & doesn't feel sticky. You could get away with not powdering. It doesn't grab on to dry patches, it doesn't look cakey, it's even & has great medium to high coverage. Bear in mind, this was only one coat applied using a flat-headed brush & by using about a pea-sized amount. It's exceptional. I would definitely recommend if you have dry/combination skin!

on 11/19/2015 7:27:00 AM

I bought a couple of sample sizes in shade 1 from Ebay, after reading all the good reviews about this. I did not want to buy a full size tube without trying first, as this is one of the most expensive BB creams from Missha.

Shade 1 (I think this has been renamed as Shade 21) is perfect for my NC15 skin, but with only a choice of 2 colors in this, it does not suit everyone. The cream itself is very thick and great coverage, but spreads easily without looking mask like. I found that it did not settle into pores or fine lines, and gave a semi-matte finish (which is better for me than most BB creams which are excessively shiny on my skin.) It covered my melasma patches very well, without the need for an additional concealer.

I like the way this looks when applied, and I will probably buy a tube of this when I can get it on sale.

This is definitely my HG BB cream. I have tried Etude house, ettu sais but this win those two hands down.

Initially, I changed my BB cream as my other 2 creams were causing me some break outs / serious white casts which I didn't like. So I got on to doing research about medium coverage BB cream to cover those blemishes and finally got Missha Cho Bo Yang - since it boasts of medium to full coverage & a matte cover.

I am so glad I made this choice. I am pretty sure the ginseng extract within made my skin better! Plus I was using a soap with natural ingredients (no chemicals) at that time to prevent more pimples from popping out. I kinda like the ginseng smell thou; makes me feel like this cream is pampering my skin with some medical treatment.

I am already on my 3rd tube which I got in korea. They changed packaging and it comes with a pump - pretty nice for me. Oh & this thing lasts for months! With my daily usage, it can probably last up to 6-7 months (:

on 5/28/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm reviewing the new version of this BB which comes with a pump top. I have pale skin with a cool undertone and Ive been using Missha Signature BB in 13 and adding the tiniest dab of a taupe foundation to get the perfect colour. I was pretty much resigned to doing this because I love the Signature BB. However after using Cho Bo Yang I've ditched it. Even though it has even less colour range Signature, the #1 shade is spot on perfect for me. Its hard to describe, almost the same depth as #13 providing a very cool, pale finish, but slightly more natural in that it doesnt have that absolutely stark, white, ghostly colour before it oxidises. It also smells really nice, very subtle and herb-like.
The texture is glorious, thicker than Signature and more moisturising. I find it needs to be applied with clean hands so the heat melts it into your skin. I then buff it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I sometimes mix it with moisturiser for a sheer finish, applied alone it provides a medium-full level of coverage. I often dont even bother with a concealer. If you have very oily skin it may be a little too moisturising. I have normal/combo skin and find I have to blot a little earlier during the day than I do with the Signature BB, but I think its absolutely worth it. Ive thrown out all my foundations since I cant see myself ever needing anything else but Cho Bo Yang as its so versatile.

on 5/2/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Easily my favourite BB cream out of the dozen or more I've tried, and another big tick for Missha. I'm the darker shade #2 and have repurchased in #23 (it's the same, just changed to be in line with the usual Korean shade codes) which will suit those around NW/NC25-30. I was dubious at first it might be too grey but it really improves my skin tone to be brighter and wuch more uniform, an enormous feat given I'm covered in melasma! It's a shame the shade range is small but it's worth testing if you can. I was surprised I matched. Let it sink in a few minutes then judge in sunlight.

It seems full coverage but doesn't have the typical problems that brings. This cream blends in seamlessly, is quick drying and is so light you will forget you're wearing it. Finish is satin which can easily pull matte when teamed with the right primer or a slight dust of powder.

I'm confused if this is meant to be for dry or oily skin, but it is amazing on my dry skin, even on really flaky days. I don't find it either moisturising or drying but it sinks in nicely and keeps my face looking neat without causing it more problems. That's exactly what I want from my base make up! It lasts upwards of 12 hours in my humid climate and looks natural until removed with a cleanser.

It has a herbal scent initially but its gone by the time you apply. Its so easy to apply - pat/swipe with fingers/brush/sponge. It all works quick and easy. This has really changed how I treat my face. Because my pigmentation is so bad I'd feel compelled to put on foundation every time I left the house and it could look cakey and inappropriate. Now I just take 5 seconds to apply this in the morning and off I go, no one realises how bad my skin really is because this looks so natural and stays put all day, even through high impact exercise!

I still use a sunscreen for higher SPF and PA protection, and I also still use foundation for going out for more formal occasions. This plays nicely with everything I layer it with.

I never realised how amazing BB cream could be until I tried this. It is a game changer!

on 1/9/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in #2. When I first got this, I didn't like it because I found the tint too grey and flat. So, I put it aside and forgot about it for a few months. I recently gave it another try and perhaps my skin got a bit lighter, but the tone didn't seem as grey to me.

Anyway, I really like the finish this provides on my oily skin. I swear that it makes my pores appear smaller. I would say that this is a medium coverage BB cream and it evens out my skin nicely, and covers up old blemish marks well. The staying power is also quite good and doesn't cake up late in the day like other products do on me. It is quite thick, so I squeeze some on the back of my hand and apply dots across my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose areas and slowly smooth it out. It also works very nicely with a BeautyBlender sponge.

I took off one lippie because the color selection needs improvement, but otherwise I'm very happy with it. I got mine during one of the Missha 40% sales. I also highly recommend watching out for those!