Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System

Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System

on 2/11/2017 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had a really hard time finding the category here on MUA for this device/system. I thought it would be in "Misc. Beauty Tools" but, no luck, and my husband had tossed the packaging so I did didn't know the name of it but a bit of online searching helped. I couldn't even find this on the Canadian Neutrogena site and later found that here in Canada, it's called "Healthy Skin Rejuvenator", which makes things even more confusing.

Anyway, a friend bought this for me for Christmas. I guess you could call it the Poor Woman's (or man's) Clarisonic. While I do use exfoliators and scrubs, etc., I've avoided the Clarisonic because of bad stories I've heard about it and because of the ongoing expense of (a) having to find the right brush head for your needs and (b) the constant need to replace those costly brush heads. I'm actually thinking of getting a Foreo. Anyway, all that aside, I was a bit leery of using this contraption. Mine came with almost nothing by way of instructions (not sure if the booklet was missing, someone had taken it out of the package or it just comes with minimal instructions). Anyway, the first time I tried this, I was quite blown away by how incredible smooth and soft my face felt and looked. This also didn't aggravate my tendency to broken capillaries. I only use this once a week. I honestly feel a lot of people over-scrub their faces - twice daily use of a Clarisonic WITH some sort of abrasive cleanser, etc. But once a week use of this seems sufficient, especially in winter. My skin care products seem to absorb and penetrate better and my skin is looking pretty darned good. A few little "bumps" - whiteheads? milia? clogged pores? - have started to shrink. All in all, a good product. I was worried that it was being discontinued so went to try to stock up on the pads. I was relieved to see that SDM still has both the starter set and the replacement pads for sale. If you don't want to take the plunge into a more costly system, consider giving this less costly option a try.

on 11/30/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Great for at home use! My skin feels baby soft after using this product! Love it! Don't use it too much as I suspect you could over-exfoliate and irritate your skin. Once a month works well for me and I have normal skin. When I first started using the product I had acne scars. Regular use of the kit helped diminish the blemishes quite a bit.

Overall this product is awesome! The only drawback I can think of really isn't a big deal but just so you know -- it doesn't have its own built-in battery and charger....double A batteries sure are a nuisance!! #FirstWorldProblems

I bought this recently and has been using it twice. My skin is normal to dry but the cheek area tend to be dry and flakey, that's why I need routine facial scrub otherwise my makeup will just fall off. I also have blackheads issue on my nose for years, I've tried everything; scrub, pore strip, mask, whatever I can get hold of, nothing seems really working.

This Neutrogena helps me deal with all my issues above, my nose never looked better, the blackheads are almost non-existent. I'm so surprised! It also gets rid of my flakey skin and makes the makeup application so much easier.

One thing I must warn to people though that the scrub might feel painful on your face. Honestly, it feels like one of the roughest scrub I've ever encountered in my life. It might feel like it is tearing your skin. If it wasn't because of the pain, I would give full 5 lippies.

I did the the full speed the first time I used it, I did end up with red face especially cheek and forehead area. Second time using it, I used the slower speed and took my time massaging the face, definitely feel not as rough.

Oh one more thing I would suggest is to put on moisturizing mask after you're done scrubbing as your skin can be very sensitive after and the pores are open, so you wanna make sure to close those pores to avoid other problem (like pimples). I find put on a compress on your face helps a lot with the redness.

I bought it for $24 at Target and got 2 boxes of refills already since they were having 25% disc. on second box at that time. For sure, I'd be using this scrub for quite a while.

on 7/28/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I have phymatous rosacea, which causes my skin to thicken with associated sebaceous gland hyperplasia that leaves large bumps on my face. My dermatologist will burn the lumps off with acid at $50 per lump, but they just grow right back. I find the only thing that keeps everything in check during a flareup is frequent microdermabrasion. Otherwise my skin puffs up and thickens. And my pores become huge, and makeup slides right off. I have a Clarisonic, and it just wasn't doing it, so I tried the Neutrogena system two nights ago and it is amazing. Honestly I like it better than my Clarisonic. (Why doesn't Clarisonic offer an exfoliating attachment similar to this??) The vibration was much stronger than my Clarisonic, even on the low setting, and my skin felt wonderful afterwards, and still felt smooth the first morning. I used it again last night and this morning even my lumps were much smaller and not as noticeable. I bought mine at cvs, it was $25.99 and I had a $6 extra bucks coupon. But its $11.99 prime shipping at Amazon right now, a great price!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This was money well spent. I decided to give this a try after my regular scrub (St Ives) wasn't getting the dead dry skin off my face as well as I wanted. It works so well and doesn't negatively affect my sensitive skin. I only use it once every other week. When I used St Ives I had to use it every couple of days. I think I might start using this on my feet. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I used this in the past and was not blown away with any results.
I find that exfoliating my skin with a scrub either weekly or every other night works the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love it!!! I use it once a week when I just can't figure out what else to do with my skin lol. But seriously it is a recommended addition to your beauty routine. Smoother and softer skin! And it helps to soothe and get rid of acne! (Use it right before bedtime :) I love it!)

on 8/16/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago I bought Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System for about $20.00 Wow,
the results are amazing. I am 59 years old and my skin is like butter. I use Roc Retinol
at night, AHA from Walgreen in the day under my make-up ( along with Vit C Serum) and this Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
twice a week. I use it on high for 7 minutes. You get used to it. The first 2 months were hell. My skin was red and broke
out a bit from it. Why I stuck with it I’m not sure but boy am I glad I did. WRINKLES DISAPPEAR...I look in the mirror at my skin and just whisper
“Miracle”. I’m too poor for plastic surgery...but this is working for me. On the days I use this kit I do not use AHA. It stings too much.
I used to have to wait a day to look great after I used the kit...but now same day is cool. I am so bright! I love the product. I re-use pads one time and then throw away,
so the refill pads lasts me forever. I will never give this product up.

This is probably a hit and miss.

Got this on sale for $24 at Shoppers Drug mart, I am aware that you are only suppose to exfoliate your face once or twice a week.

Whenever I use it, it feels so good, like a gentle yet thorough massage on the face. After I finish, I look all squeaky clean, it also feels a bit tight but in a good way. However, the following day I notice that my face becomes flaky and red blotches start to come out and it stays for a week. It literally looks like over exfoliated skin from doing it everyday for weeks.

I think the pad or the formula in it is too harsh.

on 5/22/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great little at home microdermabrasion system. I pad about $20.00 dollars for my system and the refill pads are affordable. It's easy to use. Simply attach a pad to the machine, wet your face, and gently let the machine buff your face. I don't use mine all the time, because I have very sensitive skin. I use it more as a boost once in a while to get rid of the dead skin. It leaves your skin feeling super smooth. The only downside is that it's easy to over do things. So be gentle.

Popular Face Skincare Products