Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush Head

No Image

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
Amazing results, super natural
Fast application
Need way less foundation than with BB
Blends beautifully
Great for contouring

Cons:
There is a learning curve
Might be too much coverage when using a thick liquid foundation
Sheds a little

Conclusion: Cuts my application in half the time with flawless results, after some learning. I can be out the door in less than 10 minutes (brows + mascara + face), definitely repurchase.

Details:
Before using this, I was a die hard beauty sponge (e.g. BeautyBlender (BB)) person. However, since I started using this brush, I have stopped using all my BBs and using this exclusively. It reduces my foundation application time by more than half and the results are amazing. My face really does look airbrushed. However, it does take a little getting used to. Using light pressure is the key (very light), and making medium circles until the foundation has blended in (doesn't take long).

Color correcting and concealer: Just a tiny dot over my blemishes then blending, it blends perfectly. Green concealers used to look, well, green. This brush blends the green while keep it on the blemish, amazing.

Foundation: I normally use Estée Lauder Double Wear (ELDW) and I need about half the amount. With that said, I like to smear the foundation on my face before blending. This foundation brush doesn't allow your foundation to "travel" as far as if you pat with a BB, so I find that foundations with less viscosity may be better to start with; I find that it also helps when spraying 1 spritz MAC Fix+ on the brush prior to blending (I also did this with my BB). As far as foundations tried, I liked mixing ELDW and ELDW Nude together, or ELDW with IT Cosmetics CC cream. EDLW solo on the special occasion days.

Contouring: works great with stick contours and concealers, my contouring looks so natural now.

Edit: 03/23/18 - I no longer use this foundation brush because I find that using the RT Expert Face Brush doesn't look that much different (and I don't have to deal with the Clarisonic). I still like it, but definitely not a must have. Will not repurchase.

on 12/12/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Do you suck at blending your contour? If so then you need this! Makes it looked like you’re a pro at it. Also, it just blends my foundation so quick and flawlessly I am seriously impressed. I had to take a lippie off because it sheds quite a bit at first and sporadically the more I use it.

The Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush is a new way to apply foundation, Concealer, and cream contour, blush, and cream or liquid Highlighter. This definitely makes applying cream or liquid Face products a breeze. This does give you a more natural look since it sheers out the makeup. I have a couple issues with this. The first is shedding. The first several times I used this there was bristles everywhere. On my face and all over the bathroom countertop. This happens less and less the more you use it, and the last couple times I've used it I haven't had any shedding at all.

My other issue isn't the products fault. I am concerned that if your source of sunscreen is in your foundation, then by using this you will not be getting adequate protection. This brush sheers out foundation and to have adequate protection you need a liberal application. This issue can be remedied by using a primer that has sunscreen.

My more detailed review is:

Holy crap is this the best thing in life?! My skin feels/looks amazeballs even when I'm tired and slag. There's a lot to know tho. Use a tiny bit of product. Literally, whatever u normally use cut it in half and it's still too much. I dot on corrector, concealer, then my Tarte gel foundation. It all blends really nicely, but FYI it takes several cycles thru my Clarisonic Mia2. I do cream contour/highlight over foundation cuz I'm super pale and mine are very light and sheer...u may need to go darker to get any contour because it blends really really well. I throw on two shades of cream blush and blend that too. The magic is that it blends contour like crazy good. No visible contour around my hairline either. Again tho, it blends so well it may not give u enough definition under cheekbones. For some reason this brush makes me super super dewy so I need to powder after I'm done blending. A lot of powder...baking everything. I have super dry skin, and tho my skin looks great after using this brush, it tends to make pores look big, and make the makeup feel like it will rub off on anything that comes near your face. I totes agree that sponges are still mandatory with this! Sponges help set the makeup and get rid of the giant-pores look, and blend concealer around the eyes. I've tried using the brush like a boss, but there's no way to avoid sponges. Also, if u use a heavy concealer like Shape Tape or ByeByeUndereye, it applies best over your blended/set foundation, and dabbed with a sponge...heavy concealers need the warmth of your finger to settle them into the skin, and this brush can't accomplish that...it's like they're too heavy for it to move around, so fingers and sponges work better for those types of heavy concealers. When your done though, your skin is frikkin amazing!! I'm literally glowing, and have no pores, or areas that haven't been blended perfectly. Plus it gives super coverage using a lot less products, including concealers. Love this thing sooooo much!!! Just an FYI tho, I'm expecting a much shorter lifespan of my clarisonic now. This is my 3rd Mia since 2012, just because the batteries don't last forever and you can't replace them. I only used mine to cleanse twice a day at first and the over time to once a week because it was causing massive breakouts. So, not using them very often bit having the batteries go bad is kinda upsetting, and now I'll be using it a lot more...so I don't expect it to survive a real long time. Just something to think about if you need to keep ur device a really long time before replacing it...And being I need to go through several cycles for one makeup application, I'm not expecting my Mia to live too terribly long. Also being the cleansing function caused me to break out hugely, im waiting to see if this breaks me out too. I really hope not though because the way my skin looks using the brush is worth any negative thing. This brush is literally a miracle!
>>>edit 6/3/17....This brush is not for heavy/quick dry foundations like Tarte. It doesn't blend them nicely cuz they set fast....it does however, work great with serums and runnier foundations. It takes literally forever to blend stuff if u don't use brushes/sponges first. I think the very best thing of all is no matter what u use, it blends ur blush and contour/bronzers way better than by hand...otherwise it's rather time consuming and the end result isn't that much bettter, considering how l-o-n-g it takes to do its thing. Overall, I don't expect I'll use it very often and most likely won't buy another. It's kinda trendy and kool but it wears off fast...nobody has that much time to put on makeup......

on 5/7/2017 3:51:00 PM

Love the foundation brush head. I use it with very little pressure and less foundation than I otherwise would need. The finish is flawless and I'm never going back to regular brushes again. Please note I still need the beauty blender for corners.

on 4/13/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am pleased with this brush attachment for Clarisonic. I have used it with my Mia 1 and my Plus (even though the website doesn't list Plus as compatible, I have no issues) I find it has the same results in regards to finish as the beauty blender. However I find it seems to take 2 cycle of the clarisonic in order to fully blend my makeup. The beauty blender seems to work faster, but then again I've been using the beauty blender for years and on used the clarisonic foundation brush for about 1 month. Blends makeup flawless in about 1 minute-1.5 minutes (as I need to turn the brush on again to finishing buffing the foundation). Works very well with creme foundations (CoverFx brand...and I do prefer to use this Clarisonic foundation brush over the beauty blender for creme foundations) and concealers (IT cosmetics bye bye undereye cream version and more liquid version, Smashbox stick concealer). Also use it to blend in any correcting primers (purple and green corrector primers specifically) I found it was okay to apply MAC FAB, but due to the tacky drying of the MAC FAB I did find a brush hair get loose and stuck on my face. (hair loss is the reason I gave it 4 lippies and not 5) I do find I use less of the foundation for coverage as compared to beauty blender. Still need to try it with stick foundation and cream blush but I anticipate good results.

Pros: works with any Clarisonic brush. I plan on purchasing the SMART profile later this year as my Plus and MIA1 are at least 7-8 years old. (both still work great and hold good charge)
Brush is easy to clean, twist off the Clarisonic brush, brush cleanser or facial cleanser, rinse, re-shape. To help dry the brush I reattach to the Clarisonic let it run for 1 cycle...you can feel micro droplets oscillate off the brush, then air dry.
Price is reasonable, should anticipate at least 1 year use from the brush. Bristle are very soft.
No streaks, I gave up on standard brush application for foundation due to streaks. But this attachment doesn't leave any streaks and easily blend under the nose are and around the chin/ear area.

Cons: not to use around the eyes, but that's were I'll continue use of a beauty blender
Can't use it for powder foundation...bummer as that is my "I'm late and need to get ready fast foundation"
I found hair loss with MAC FAB, but I do think it's due to how that makeup formulation dries a tad tacky.

Highly recommended if you have a Clarisonic brush. However I don't think I will use it daily, maybe for special occasions and date nite when I have more time to play with my makeup.

I've only been using this for a few days and it's simply awesome. The Beauty Blender has been my go-to for years, but the finish this gives is like the Beauty Blender amped up about 10X's. Absolutely flawless coverage. I've used it to blend foundation, cream contour and cream blush and it gives superior results. This is a winner!

Video Reviews & Tutorials