no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I live in Canada and had to order this online. I love it!!!! I have never found a sunscreen for my face that isn't greasy. Even the Kiehl's was only okay for me as it made me break out. This doesn't break me out. It smells great and works as a moisturizer. It is very similar to the Super Creme which is spf 15. I use this in Spring and Summer and the 15 in the Fall and Winter months. I find them both to be wonderful sunscreens. I will stock up on this in case I run out!

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I bought this because I love Ole Henriksen's Vit C Truth serum and wanted a high SPF sunscreen for everyday under my BB cream (I am prone to hyperpigmentation from sun exposure). It's a small 50mL (practically travel-sized) bottle that costs ~$40 but a thumbnail size dollop is all I need for an all over face application. It is a bit shiny at first but after a few minutes it is fully absorbed and my skin feels fairly bare. It has a slight citrus smell similar to the truth serum which I like. The first time I used this product I applied too much and it pilled when I put BB cream (Missha) on top. This does not pill when you apply properly, that is, with a sheer, thin, fully aborbed layer. I love that it doesn't make my skin feel "heavy" even after a whole day -and my skin is very oily at times. It has a slight moisterizing effect and has ingredients to improve texture. It doesn't have a white cast but it is not tinted either. It has not irritated my skin in any way. I also like Clinique's City Block because it is tinted, but is difficult to wear makeup over it -PTT has been my solution for this.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

An excellent sunscreen for gals with oily based skin. I like to mix this with my moisturizer to "skip a step" in morning routines. Smooth thick lotion textures applies easily. No need to forcefully rub this sunscreen into skin. Pricey but a small amount is all that is needed.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

Amazing texture, pleasant citrus smell, sinks right in. Doesn't sting eyes. A little goes a LONG way. LOVE.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

6 years ago

Eh... for a natural company, it seems a bit unnatural to use chemical sunscreen. I like the scent and how smoothly this goes on. However, it is a bit greasy, or should I say slick. If I do not apply makeup over it, it looks a bit shiny. Even with makeup, it looks shiny faster than usual. For this reason, I would not repurchase. Although I do not like the product enough to buy it again, it is worth noting that I was well-protected on days that I wore this.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Active ingredients: avobenzone 3.0%, homosalate 10.0%, octisalate 5.0%, octocrylene 2.75%, oxybenzone 5.0% Rating: PA+++; PPD 8.7 Consistency: medium lotion Fragrance: smells like an orange creamsicle Finish: feels greasy upon initial application, but somehow sinks in and gives my skin a soft, diffused glow in a few minutes Wear: After 9 hours, my skin looked good. No need to blot. Gym: Did not sting eyes Note: Contains phenoxyethanol which is a moderate health concern according to EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I have extremely oily skin and I have to be careful what I use. I use this product as directed, put it on first and I put my normal moisturizer on a few minutes after, and after a year of use, I'm very impressed with it. Most SPF (or tinted) moisturizer leave my face an oil field within a few hours. I usually try a powder SPF method, like mineral face-powder. I wanted a higher SPF, so I decided to try Protect the Truth. I am just now needing to buy a new tube after a year of fairly constant use. I tried out a few things, here and there, before I found that this product seemed to work best. If you go outside for a long time, they do recommend you reapply 30 mins prior.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

3.0

7 years ago

Mhh not so sure. I used in the summer on two holidays.first time it was a little slimy but good. Second time it broke me out so bad all over my neck and chin, I never have spots. I'm now using murads oil free and it's completely undedectable over moisture and under make up.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

7 years ago

I have acne-prone combination skin, and I have to be very careful with what I put on it. So when I found this oil-free sunblock with such a high spf i had to try it. The texture is a bit strange, hard to believe ut is oil-free, but after it sinks in I dont notice it anymore. I have a strict skin-care regimen, so I ont put it on before moisturizer as said on the tue, but after, and that works fine. Wear makeup on top, again works fine.. Im am very pale so I dont notice any white cast from this, but I do think the smell is a bit much, but after a while it disappears. Loving this, would absolutely buy again!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

by far the beat sunblock i've tried! i have combination oily skin that is sensitive and acne prone. this does not break me out at all unlike every other spf product i've tried. it sinks into my skin instantly and leaves a matte finish at first, but after a few hours my oil does start to show. most sunscreens make me very very oily and this doesnt make me any less or any more oily. this also sits well under make-up. as for the actual sun protection- its great! i usually get a tan, especially on my nose, with spf 15, but this keeps me from tanning! :) and im usually not a sucker for smells but the scent of this is so orange-y and wonderful! i would totally repurchase this, it's become an HG product.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18