Tarte SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner

Tarte SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner
SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof LinerSmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof LinerSmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof LinerSmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof LinerTarte LE Amazonian Clay Liner Collection

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so leary of pencils anymore as my eyes water with many and my oily eyelids don't jive with many of them. So I debated getting this one for a long time.

Oh, I should have gotten this long ago!!
I got this in Sunstone Bronze and it glides right on so easily and cleanly. No tugging at all. I get a good solid 8 to 10 hours of wear out of this (depending on heat, humidity, activity) before it begins to wear off.. and even then it just looks slightly smudged, almost like I 'meant' to apply it that way! lol ;)

Removes easily and completely. No scrubbing or major rubbing needed to remove. Which is nice for a waterproof liner to remove easily. I get no irritation from this, which my sensitive eyes appreciate.

Would re-purchase, and I even plan on getting Moonstone Brown next.

on 4/1/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG pencil liner.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in my BoxyCharm (awhile back!!), & I'm ashamed to admit I set this aside til recently! I have the color "Gold" which is a light brownish warm beige rather than what I would consider the color "Gold" to be paler but it's still metallic w some gold sparklies to it. good question on how I'm going to sharpen it, hopefully it fits into UD Grindhouse or MAC's dual ended sharpener or I'm screwed. It is very long wearing & waterproof but I don't notice a lot of traveling since it's such a pale color. If it were a dark color I think I would notice it more, it just sort of melts into my eyeshadow as the day goes on coz I wear it w brown/beige/cream/gold etc similar colored family of eyeshadow. I don't use this as an e/s coz it would be too opaque (think opaque 14K gold lids!), but I'd def buy this if I used it up although $25 is pretty high for an eyeliner! But it's very unique of a color, Tarte is high quality too. I think I'd buy another pale color coz it's hard to get a precise line w this. It's better to get a pale or medium color that can be smudged into perfection. I'd be interested to try maybe bronze even espresso. I'd probably look too messy in black these pencils are a bit of a hot mess but in a good way as long as i don't get the pandas!

on 8/9/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I am surprised at some of the negative reviews of this liner. Let me start off by saying that I have a problem with my eyes watering. Seriously. I have Kleenex on me all the time. Also, I think that the lower rim of my eye doesn't fit as tight to my eye as I would like. I had a plastic surgeon tell me that just varies from one person to another. So suffice it to say that I like to line my lower rims to sort of camouflage that. This is one of my favorite liners. Its soft and goes on very nicely. First I take a damp Q-Tip and run it over the lower rim. Then I use this liner. I let it set for a few moments and then I put on a second coat. I find it lasts as well as anything. And I have tried every liner that claims to be waterproof that I can get my hands on. I like the gunmetal and brown for everyday. Only wear the black for evening. Just ordered two more since Tarte was having a 30% off sale. Will continue to repurchase.

on 6/30/2014 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have four of these and they are all very lovely colors. Moss. Espresso. Sunstone bronze. Amethyst. They are most definitely not waterproof and they smudge wonderfully. They are more like cream eyeshadows. I like to wear them smudged and then relined. I use my finger instead of the smudger at the end of the pencil because it is too scratchy. Sunstone bronze is really nice for making brown eyes glow. I just carry it with me for touch ups if needed. It usually lasts well if I don't rub my eyes too much.

on 12/23/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This review is for the Amazonian clay waterproof liner - gold plum, which I purchased on Hautelook. This eyeliner is a nice color, but that's about it. Within thirty minutes, it was under my eyes, creeping into wrinkles. No thanks. On a side note, I've found the Stila Smudge Crayon in Umber is a similar color and stays put all day, even on the bottom lash line. Although I try to be all "green" with my makeup, the Stila liner is worth the sacrifice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like them, but I don't like them. I don't really use cream eyeshadows (which these are in stick form) so i figured they would be great as a lower eye liner. Completely wrong. I wear contact lenses and the formula of the pencils is too waxy. The product ends up transferring onto my contact lenses and my eyes would be irritated really quick. You can physically see a film over my lenses and my eyes just would not have it. The colors are definitely pretty and they look nice but if I can't continue using it if I can't see while wearing my contacts. They are definitely not waterproof or smudgeproof. You can wear it for a few hours before it smudges a little or wipes away completely. I tried using it as a eyebase but I had the same issue with the transfer into my eyes. It sucks cuz I actually did like the product until I pinpointed it was these products that transferred into my eyes. I would not repurchase this (bc it was limited edition) but I would not purchase anything else similar to these either from tarte. I haven't tried the skinny black liner but I feel I would run into the same issue.

on 9/2/2013 12:28:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in the shade champagne. It is a perfect pick-me-up in the morning. I look bright-eyed and refreshed. It does not smear or wind up under my eye after a long day. For this I am very happy. A +

on 8/18/2013 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this eye liner in deep amethyst and it is gorgeous! It is a deep purple so it really brings out the green in my eyes without looking TOO purple. It last all day and does not smudge, like at all and It is even cry proof! I prefer this over the MAC PowerPoint eyeliner I used before this. Definitely would recommend this eyeliner to anyone

Terrible.

Pros: Nice colour (got the dark brown one)
Cons: hard to apply, didn`t glide on easily so it tugged at my eyelids and was actually quite painful. It flaked AND smudged throughout the day, I could not wear this for a full work day without me looking like a racoon. Expensive. Pencil actually broke as well.

Verdict: STAY AWAY FROM THIS