Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.5

on 8/30/2014 11:58:00 AM

Many people seem to not like this mascara, but I love it!

Personally, I feel like the wand combined with the product does create a LOT of extra formula.
To manage this, I simply scrape off the extra mascara and what is left applies very well to my lashes with no difficulty.

I would suggest not starting TOO far at the base of your lashes with this wand because it can rub in your eye if you arent careful. You also need to pay attention to where the brush is, as I feel it is a fairly long wand, because one part of the brush you aren't using may cause application to be messy.
After I apply around 1 and a half coats to my eyelashes, I use either an eyelash comb or a clean mascara wand to help seperate and neaten up any minor clumps or eyelashes that stuck together.

When applied correctly, my eyelashes get a really nice shape from this mascara. The look I end up getting makes me happy. The lashes look longer, healthier, and more natural without that "spidery" appearence. Combing through after appliction is something I strongly recommend, as it helps give each eyelash hair its own place around your eye, boosting volume.

I feel the people who are getting so many clumps perhaps dont scrape off the extra formula, dont comb through their lashes afterwards, or are trying to put too many coats on.

The color of this mascara is great. I got it in Black instead of Extreme Black and I don't think it even matters. People have complimented how long, dark and pretty it makes my eyelashes look.

The formula itself is great. I think the major flaw in its design is the wand, because it locks in a lot of product when first taken out, as well as stubbornly holding onto some on the tip even after scraping.

However, overall, I've had good luck with this product and I would definitely repurchase this again.
Hope this review helped somebody!

on 4/5/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I quite like this, but it's not on my top 3 favorites..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this mascara. I have bought this mascara over and over again, and will definitely keep repurchasing it. I have long lashes as it is, so I definitely do not need length. I do pile on about four different mascaras before using this one as my final charm. I start off with lash perfection from Covergirl in blackest black, L'oreal Original Voluminous in blackest black, Maybelline Falsies in blackest black, and last but not least, Rimmel Volume Accelerator. I never use mascaras alone, so maybe I can't give a true review of this product. But, it does exactly what it says. With all these mascaras combined, my lashes look great; but when I add my Rimmel mascara as the 5th and final coat, my lashes look like falsies; and I personally love that look. It's a great formula, and is a true black color. I only use it on my top lashes, and use a smaller brush to coat my bottom lashes. I accidentally bought the Rimmel Lash Accelerator by accident one time.. DO NOT buy that mascara, truly a piece of crap... but this one.. is a MUST try.

For probably the last 6 years, I have exclusively used mascaras with those spiky, rubbery wands like Covergirl LashBlast and Maybelline The Rocket. I always felt like traditional wands didn't separate my lashes enough or build enough volume. Enter Rimmel Volume Accelerator, which I originally bought as a base to layer underneath my Maybelline The Rocket. I find this product to be almost IDENTICAL to DiorShow Mascara, but I honestly prefer the Rimmel version! If you like thick, dramatic, black lashes this is it for you. It has really great staying power and I never notice any annoying clumps or flakes falling down. I don't know that I've noticed any extra thickness to my lashes as its marketed, but they for sure feel softer and more flexible when I wash my makeup off at night, so that's a bonus! Love, love, love this product and I am definitely converted from my old HGs!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't sing enough praises. This mascara is the best I've ever used in my life. The only time I deviate away from it is when I am willing to experiment with other mascaras.
This mascara glides on easily and is prone to be very thick, so that might be a little intimidating to beginners. If you have a quick hand, or consider yourself alright with application, I recommend this mascara. There are very few clumps and it dries quickly, almost always without issue (including smears and uneven gaps on your eyelashes). But, perhaps the best thing about this mascara, is its ability to transform your eyelashes from thin to thick in as little as thirty seconds, and with minimal product. Granted, I naturally have very long eyelashes, but I guarantee that this product will work for ANYONE, provided your eyelashes are properly curled and primed. And your eyelashes feel wonderfully light afterwards, unlike many mascaras, which can weigh eyelashes down.
Another great thing about this product is its longevity. I've used the same wand for upwards of six months, and the product has retained its strength and consistency without drying up. Price is good. The wand is also easy to manage (I prefer larger spools).
Overall, I recommend this product for anyone willing to try it! You won't regret it!

First, this claims to have an ingredient that will actually cause you to grow more lashes. I'm calling shenanigans on that. Maybe it does include the ingredient, but there's no way there's enough to affect growth, especially when applied as a mascara (do YOU glob huge amounts of mascara right on your lash follicles? no, me either). So I wasn't actually expecting the lash-growth effect.

I did expect a decent volumizing mascara, though, and this isn't one. It's very thin and watery (even after several weeks' use). And the brush is bizarre -- one flat side and one EXTREMELY curved side. I find it tough to use.

This has gone into my emergency travel bag, because at least it's very easy to remove (no need to pack remover).

on 7/15/2012 4:13:00 PM

I really love this mascara!! it provides volume and length and is really well priced!! It doesnt give you clumpy or spidery lashes and is the perfect consistency with a good wand!!

on 7/10/2012 9:21:00 AM

Ufff, hard one. I'd like to begin by saying that this didn't work out for ME. But I can easily imagine this mascara being a top-ten product for someone with thick, voluminous and long lashes. As you might have guessed I am none of the above. Therefore, this was messy to work with, clumped my lashes like crazy and flaked. Plus I hate the wand. I'm genuinly sorry for not being able to some upwith a more useful review but it was a dissapiontment for me and what dou we say about those?

This mascara is very disappointiong. It was very good at flaking off and producing raccoon eyes though.

on 6/20/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara for $7.24 which is kinda expensive for rimmel. The mascara is a very wet consistency, but the brush is nice, its tapered fat in the middle and gradients downward into a thin point. One side of the brush is rounded, the other side flat. This mascara does separate will, and I have noticed my lashes do look more numerous, and a bit longer after a month of using this. I think this mascara lengthens and separates for me - more than it does volume. It is a good mascara in my opinion and I *may* purchase it again.....the only thing holding me back is the price and the fact that I have found mascaras way cheaper that have pleased me much more than this mascara. But it isn't bad.