Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.6

on 6/20/2015 6:37:00 PM

Another mascara that went in the trash can after a few uses...didn't really do anything for my lashes but what really made me throw it away was the annoying weird messy brush :(

on 4/5/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I quite like this, but it's not on my top 3 favorites..

on 11/7/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good GRIEF! Where do I even start? The ONLY reason I am still using this mascara is to see if it really is effective in building last volume over time. Although, based on most of the reviews I've read and seen from blog posts, YouTube, etc., I am not holding out much hope for that. However, I am hoping that "results will vary" and that I will have some luck with that. Again, not holding my breath while I wait. Ok, now.. on to the actual review part of this product - and I cannot stress this point enough... if you do not like wet mascaras, DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT buy this mascara!! This is BY FAR *THE* WETTEST mascara that I have EVER used in my entire life (which is 30 years, I might add). I mean.... HOLY WETNESS! :-O It is SO wet that I have actually had a GLOP of mascara fall out on to my pants while pulling the mascara wand out. It's insane!! I have NEVER had that happen with ANY mascara ever before. Also, there is soooo much wet product that when I pull the wand out of the tube, there is actually gloopy mascara HANGING from the wand - literally. And sooo much goopy, wet mascara build up on the top and bottom of the brush. I mean - I just can't take it. And because it's SO incredibly wet, it clumps like MAD! I get mascara ALL over the tops of my eyes, above the lashline and all over the under part of my eyes. It's just HORRIBLE! The ONLY thing I like about this mascara is the LOOKS of the packaging. It's in a very "thick" tube - looks like a regular tube of mascara is encased in a clear, see through, thicker tube. Very cool! Other than that though, there is absolutely NOTHING that I like about this mascara. Rimmel - TONE DOWN THE WETNESS! I mean, it's just insane!! Needless to say, unless this product somehow "magically" gives me super thick lashes and helps my lashes have more volume over time (the more I use it) I will NOT be repurchasing this mascara!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't sing enough praises. This mascara is the best I've ever used in my life. The only time I deviate away from it is when I am willing to experiment with other mascaras.
This mascara glides on easily and is prone to be very thick, so that might be a little intimidating to beginners. If you have a quick hand, or consider yourself alright with application, I recommend this mascara. There are very few clumps and it dries quickly, almost always without issue (including smears and uneven gaps on your eyelashes). But, perhaps the best thing about this mascara, is its ability to transform your eyelashes from thin to thick in as little as thirty seconds, and with minimal product. Granted, I naturally have very long eyelashes, but I guarantee that this product will work for ANYONE, provided your eyelashes are properly curled and primed. And your eyelashes feel wonderfully light afterwards, unlike many mascaras, which can weigh eyelashes down.
Another great thing about this product is its longevity. I've used the same wand for upwards of six months, and the product has retained its strength and consistency without drying up. Price is good. The wand is also easy to manage (I prefer larger spools).
Overall, I recommend this product for anyone willing to try it! You won't regret it!

on 1/3/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the brush for my Asian, almond eyes but the formula is horrible! It's a really "wet" formula, takes a while to dry, and will smudge and smear horribly if you get a tiny bit of water near your eyes. It weighs down my lashes and can get pretty clumpy. Washing it off at night is a nightmare. Would NOT buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a decent mascara, but for me it would clump a bit and would travel onto my skin after a couple of hours. Would not re-purchase.

on 10/16/2012 7:13:00 PM

LOVVVEEEE this mascara! This is absolutely my HG mascara. I've tried a whole lot of mascaras and i always go back to this one and wonder why i decided to try something else in the first place. This mascara gives me lots of length, volume, very lush and dark looking lashes. It also hold my curl, I dont use a lash curler. I am Asian, so needless to say, my lashes aren't very thick or long, but this mascara makes my lashes look gorgeous. You can use a few coats for a more natural look, or more coats for a very dramatic look. The formula is on the wetter side, so it doesn't clump, but it isnt watery to the point that you need to spend a lot of time to build good volume. This one works way better than the original one. Scandal Eyes Flex is also a great Rimmel mascara, the formula is a little thicker, but the wand is way too big for the shape of my eyes. This one is a better fit for Asian eyes

on 2/9/2012 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually really like this product. It lengthens my eyelashes like WOW. After a while, your natural lashes start to lengthen too. It's an amazing product especially to get those inner eyelashes and the bottom ones.

on 2/1/2012 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this mascara! It does what it's supposed to do - accelerates! My lashes got longer and fuller overtime. I get a lot of compliments and questions on which mascara I use. I believe it's the best feedback for a makeup consumer to receive. No smudges, no falling apart, just perfection

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice mascara. It made my eyelashes look very nice, black and feathery and (in my opinion) it is definitely an improvement over the Lash Accelerator that came out slightly before it, but the bristles in the brush are just placed too far apart for my liking.