Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

2.5

on 6/2/2015 5:07:00 AM

As whole it is a very good mascara and I bought multiple tubes after buying mine in a cheap sale. However, I have used better in terms of volumising. I loved it because of the length and it doesn't tend to clump after a few coats, coming from someone who has long and thick lashes its hard to find a mascara that doesn't clump after a second coat, but this one doesnt! So overall a GREAT mascara but not the best volumising mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Still my favorite mascara to date. Love the volume and lengthening it gives, plus it doesn't clump very much and doesn't flake either. The only thing I don't like about this brand is that it doesn't come in waterproof! Rimmel has waterproof mascara in almost all of the other mascaras it makes, why not this one? I don't get it. I look for it every time I go to the store and there never is one, it makes me so sad. I love waterproof mascaras and if they had one for Volume Accelerator, I would probably never buy another mascara again. Seriously.

on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

poor mascara. smudgy and leaves a clumpy,stringy mess with 1 light application.
Thrown out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hey everyone!!Overall I like the mascara and would repurchase maybe one day in future however I would probably want to experiment with other brands first. It gives good volume and length but I just hate that it is so easy to get excess product on eyelids and smears easily if you cry or rub your eyes. I have to be careful when applying to avoid it getting in my eyes/contacts because a lot of product comes out easily. I have been using for about 3 weeks. A tip I would recommend is applying a little dab of olive oil on lashes before applying for a even more dramatic longer lash effect. Imma work with this mascara for a few more months then consider switching when it runs out. Also make sure you clean off on lids at night esp lower lids before bedtime because I have noticed it causing wrinkles in the morning from sleeping in it. Rub some oil underneath eyes as well to prevent that from happening.

good mascara.

on 1/3/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the brush for my Asian, almond eyes but the formula is horrible! It's a really "wet" formula, takes a while to dry, and will smudge and smear horribly if you get a tiny bit of water near your eyes. It weighs down my lashes and can get pretty clumpy. Washing it off at night is a nightmare. Would NOT buy again.

on 12/23/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is bullcrap... It doesn't make my lashes any longer, just clumps. It does nothing or my bottom lashes either... And if there is just one drop of water on my lashes the entire mascara on my eyes comes off.. Ugh

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a decent mascara, but for me it would clump a bit and would travel onto my skin after a couple of hours. Would not re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the packaging of Rimmel Volume Accelerator! It's so pretty looking, and I would love carrying it around in my bag. But I don't use it. I've tried, but it just does nothing. I have pretty long and decently thick lashes already, but they don't stand out too much, so obviously I like to use mascaras on them. This just doesn't cut it. The formula is watery, as most rimmel mascara formulas are. The brush is awkward and hard to use, and it doesn't grab onto my lashes. It does nothing except clump and make them look flakey. However, on rare occasions, it decides to work. And it looks amazing. And that's why I keep it around. Would I repurchase? No, but it's a decent mascara. Just too watery. When it dries out, I think I'll like it better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The formula is very wet and I always end up making a mess all around my eyes. Doesn't volumize (although to be fair it doesn't claim to), doesn't hold a curl and gives my lashes very minimal length. Ontop of that, the formula makes my sensitive eyes burn and water. A definite miss for me.

Popular Mascaras