Diptyque 34 boulevard Saint Germain

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for a perfect smell is over, as well as for my husband.
I always loved unisex perfumes. Like the previous reviewer mentioned it smells like sex in a good way. No matter who wears it, woman or men, they instantly become attractive. I wear spray in winter and solid perfume in summer. (Solid version is slightly different, no alcohol, a bit more floral, a bit more feminine and not really suitable for men)
I hate musky smells and there is no musk in there.
The upper notes are pink peppercorn, citrus fruits, and spices. The heart note is a blend of roses, Egyptian geraniums, and tuberoses delicately sprinkled with iris and violet.
Lastly, the base consists of woody notes, balms, and resins. A touch of eucalyptus, the essential "olfactory accident," makes the addiction stronger.
I adore this smell and highly recommend to test it out!

Warm, woodsy, flat out sex in a bottle. Perfect for winter. I'll definitely repurchase!

The best woody fragrance I've ever experienced.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is just what I was looking for now that winter is upon us - a warm, woodsy scent that isn't too heavy or masculine. You would think that sort of thing would be easy to find, but I found during testing that so many woody fragrances boil down to an overload of ISO E Super and wind up smelling the same. This is more complex and subtle. Really very pretty, it feels more feminine to me, and quite distinctive. No one note dominates. It reminds me of little solid drawer sachets my mother had when I was a child... probably a cedar note that's doing that. It has a light greenness to it and a touch of floral freshness, but only if you're really looking for it. It smells like the sort of scent you want mingling with your woolens, which is just what I want for this time of year.

ETA - I wanted to add an additional note as I wear this again and wrap my nose around it a little more. I do get a vegetal tuberose, and blended with the other notes the overall impression is of a lightly floral leather chypre. I am reminded of SL Daim Blond and occasionally the original (vintage) Miss Dior. And now I like it even more!

This is supposed to smell like the shop at 34 Boulevard St Germain (one of my favourite shops) and it does! It's a good combination of floral, fruity and woody, and I often get compliments when I'm wearing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I first smelled this on a friend and thought it was amazing. The first spritz is definitely spicy, and although there is a spicy top note, a delicious floral really comes through on my skin. I'd like it if the rose was stronger as I love to smell like Turkish delight. I was a big fan of Stella McCartney and was often complimented when wearing it but I got tired of how many people recognised it and wore it. I don't like walking past someone in the street and recognising their perfume, which I always can with Stella. Diptyque's Rose is lovely but for me isn't complex enough to warrant the price tag. This scent definitely has a masculine edge, although I'm not sure how many men would choose it. It has a clean and soapy smell which I think makes it work really well on a woman. It's definitely a grown-up scent and seems to be popular with others, including men. Not amazing staying power which reduces its value for money a bit as I find I do have to top up throughout the day. The packaging is gorgeous- such a treat!

Popular Fragrances