Trader Joe's Spa Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil

3.5

Castille Soap (water, coconut] oil, tall oil, potassium hydroxide), glycerin, tea tree leaf oil (eco-harvest), chamomilla recutita flower extract, GoldenSeal root extract, hedychium coronarium root extract (Awapuhi), Bladderwrack, cymbopogon martini oil (Palmarosa), bitter orange peel oil, lavender oil, chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower oil, calendula officinalis flower oil, callitris introtropica wood oil (blue cypress)

This item is awesome. Cleanses refreshes and smells good. The bottle lasts over 6 months. A little goes a long way. You cannot beat the cost. This is a homerun.

This cleanser is only for the oiliness, least-sensitive skins. It strips your face, but oddly is not the best at removing foundation. The scent is not too objectionable if you tolerate tea tree oil's acrid reek. I like that you can close the pump easily without dribbling product out. The best use for this is likely for body acne, luckily that problem is behind me so I can't say for sure. It's just not suitable for faces.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this a while ago, and all I remember is that it dried out my skin and irritated my breakouts. Good value for the price - you get a lot of product and I reused the pump bottle, but I wouldn't let this harsh cleanser near my face ever again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've repurchased this twice - I enjoy using this as a face wash with a washcloth in the shower. My face literally squeaks it's so clean! The scent is borderline spa/medicinal like, but it dissipates. My face feels really clean after using this, but your eyes will burn like crazy if this gets in them. Overall, I think this calms my skin down but can be a little irritating if used multiple times throughout the day. Decent price point too!

This product is all natural and thats what drew me in. Its very potent like it will leave ur skin feeling squeeky clean and stiff. But see the thing is you're ALWAYS supposed to follow up cleansing with mositurizing your face that you just stripped the oil from. Try using an all natural moisturizer as well. I use simple moisturizer. I think this totally works for me. Its not expensive so its not a big deal if you don't like it. Just find someone else that does and give it to them. Trust me my husband and I love this and he keeps thanking me for letting him use it lol

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this product for 2 days. I have cistic acne . And anyone that has it knows it's painful and none of the normal fash works for it because it's a bacteria that spreads especially when you pick at it. Since I've used the product I started seeing results as little as one day. The swelling started to go down and the redness started to go down. As I have continued to use it the acne hasn't spread. Now I heard some people may get redness from it... well if you have sensitive skin I would try to use cold water to wash your face first then hot water to wash after. I have sensitive skin too and on top of that I have oily skin... I probably have the worst skin for a 20 year old... but this stuff has really helped.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am in my late 30s and have normal to slightly dry skin with no real issues or problems, other than some recurring blackheads on my nose. So far, I am completely in love with this cleanser. It is a very liquid-y cleanser in a pump bottle. It is a castile soap base with several added essential oils & botanical extracts. I use 1 pump on my Clarisonic Mia, and it is the perfect amount for my entire face. It foams up really well and rinses clean. I keep my eyes closed during the cleansing process, and I rinse thoroughly, and I have not had any problems with this getting into or burning my eyes. I do go over my eye area with this as a preventative measure (I sometimes have blepharitis & tea tree oil is a treatment for that), but again, I've never had any problems with this burning my eyes, so long as I rinse well before I open them. I use this once daily in the mornings, always use a toner & moisturizer after, and I have had only minimal issues with dryness. (For reference, I found Philosophy's Purity Made Simple far too drying for my skin.) I will say that I am only able to use this during the summer months when my skin is less dry. It does dry out my skin with extended use in the cooler weather. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling very clean, and I have noticed that the blackheads on my nose are vastly reduced. My skin also seems to be much more smooth & radiant with this cleanser. It does have a very herbal/medicinal scent, like tea tree oil, but I actually like it. I also have not had any problems with my pump clogging, as others have mentioned. This is also very good for washing your makeup brushes. I can say that this is made by Desert Essence and is the same formula as their Thorougly Clean Face Wash, if you don't have a Trader Joe's near you. I am loving this so far and I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! It leaves your face squeaky clean and glowing. It also feels so fresh and tingly! My mom also started using it and her skin looked so vibrant and much younger too! I do recommend, however, that you DO NOT USE THIS IN THE EYE AREA. Trust me, I did and it's extremely irritating because it contains tea tree oil. I use the Trader Joe's Jojoba Oil for makeup removal after I cleanse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product. The first time I used it, it left my face clean, fresh, and glowing. Loved! But after the second use, I developed a pimply rash all over my face. This has never happened to me before from any product. I must be allergic to something in it. It works for others but didn't work for me. I still love TJ's, especially the tea tree hair products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The ingredients sounded good enough which convinced me to buy it. When I used it for the first time, it caused my skin to look really red and irritated and it has a strong scent. I attempted to use on my body as a body wash but it caused redness there too.