Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

on 6/29/2016 3:18:00 AM

Giving the collection 4 stars because I regularly use the largest two brushes. The foundation and concealer brushes I barely use at all and they're stowed away for future usage.

Bit of a background: I bought a gorgeous 18-piece brush set from Morphe before I purchased this. I believe it was the Sable-haired brushes. My sensitive skin rejected all of the face brushes, save for the flat foundation one, so I went on a hunt for replacements. I've heard too many good things about Real Techniques brushes, and I decided to get the Core Collection because it was cheaper than buying individual brushes.

I LOVE them! The biggest win for me was the fact that my skin accepted the bristles immediately. The contour brush is my favorite due to its small size. Sculpting my cheeks and jawline is so easy with this one. I use the buffing brush as a powder brush because of how easy it is to pack loose powder on my face. The brushes are also extremely easy to clean with baby shampoo and they dry super fast. I'm very glad I had such a great experience with the Core collection, and it led to me buying more brushes from RT.

on 6/9/2016 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A GREAT value, the Buffing Brush has pretty much changed my life (I use it with my thicker liquid foundations and they don't cake up at all but still retain full coverage), and the Highlight-Contour Brush has been great for me to use with setting powder on specific areas of my face. The Foundation Brush is okay for patting in concealer, but I can't imagine using it for foundation. I haven't used the smallest brush only because I already had a lot of little brushes, lol. I love this set. The brushes have flat-bottom handles which makes them easy to stand up on the counter. The bristles are soft and haven't fallen out or become scratchy despite washing them a bunch of times. I always wanted to try RT brushes and this was a really affordable way to do so.

To Read all 251 Reviews, Login or Join

The brushes are just okay kind of scratchy and bulky so you can't put them in a vase with other brushes and the brushes are so ugly. Love the pixi girls so I don't regret them but won't repurchase. I think the black handle elf brushes are pretty cheaper store nicely.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The brushes are pretty alright, value for money. Does not scratch the skin when used. Easy to wash & the bristles don't drop off easily but mine tend to become frizzy?? (Maybe it's the $2 daiso sponge detergent I have been using is too harsh for it?) The brushes comes with smooth metallic body with rubber base. The rubber base tend to wear out after a year or so.

Contour brush: Great for highlighters but not for bronzers, as the brush is too small & not packed enough.

Pointed foundation brush: I have tried using it for foundation, it leaves streaks on my face. Also tried using it to apply concealer under my eyes, my finger does it faster& better job.

Detailer brush: Tried using it for concealers, feels it's too stiff & small.

Buffing brush: Mainly for applying finish powder onto my T zone & under my eyes. But not for my entire face as it's too small & a hassle.

This is a value for money set to get if you are trying out RT brushes. But I wouldnt repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this range of products is amazing! I have litterely the entire range and they make my makeup go on so smoothly, the eyeshadow brushes are so precise and the face brushes are so soft! They are very easy to clean and don't shed at all. My favourite thing about them is that you can use different brushes for different things, for example i use the fine liner brush to get precise technique when doing my eye brows, i also use the detailer brush for highlighting under my brow bone and as a lip brush! They are worth the money as they last so long!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have mixed feelings over these brushes as I like 2 of them and do not understand the other 2! Love the little brush holder case thing that they come in though. I purchased these to start me up in make-up and immediately took to the buffing brush for applying my liquid foundations and the contour brush for blending out my contour and a controlled application of blush and highlighter, however, I found the foundation brush too small for foundation and too flimsy to apply concealer with, it just wouldn't pick up enough product and it applied very streaky and just terrible! The lip/concealer brush I just didn't care for, as a matter of fact, this has only been used maybe 5 times since I purchased these brushes 2 years ago.

The pricing of these brushes is varied depending on where you purchase from. I bought directly from the real techniques site so it worked out cheaper for me than going to the drugstore/beauty store to purchase these. I'm seen them for £21 in Boots and my jaw literally dropped!

I have washed these brushes a gazillion times and haven't had any issues with them shedding or coming apart which is always nice. The brushes are still very steady too and the quality hasn't decreased at all.

Overall, I would repurchase but would really like to see the buffing and contour brushes sold separately as these are the ones that I find myself reaching for. 100% recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok brushes. No more no less.

on 4/5/2016 1:34:00 AM

These brushes are LIFE! They're so soft and does a really good job with blending. I would also recommend their sponge, great dupe for the beauty blender. I lost these brushes and I seriously thought my life was over I cried lol.

WOW just WOW. I love these brushes so much that i already purchased a second set. They feel nice, are sturdy and work amazingly. They're also very easy to clean and have not shed. The travel case is a nice plus that has been useful for me. I have the original and the new core collection and they're both amazing. I use the buffing brushes to buff out my contour and blend everything. I use one contour brush for contour powder and the other for highlighter and they both work AMAZING. I even used one to set under eye powder and it worked very well. I used one detailer brush for small detailed contouring like the nose but now i use both for lip brushes. The only brushes i don't use are the foundation brushes because i prefer makeup sponges but they do work nicely for concealer! its about 7.50 Canadian after taxes per brush which can seem a little high but honestly, these brushes are so worth it! I'll definitely be purchasing more of the RT brushes!

on 3/29/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can honestly say this is a 10/10 product. In all brush kits I get, there's at least one or two brushes I never use. But in this one, I had use for every single brush! I've even thought about getting another kit because I love the brushes so much and I think I could use them for multiple things. Let me tell you what I use every brush for:
Detailer brush: applying concealer on my acne, spots and scars on the face before blending them out with a Beauty blender. I think this could work for like applying shadow in the inner corner too, but I like it really much for the purpose I use it with.
Contouring brush: Not a fan of this brush with contouring, but I totally looove it for blush and highlighter! It's really easy to apply your blush with this, as well as your highlighter on your cheekbones (although I prefer the fan brush from the Real Techniques Sculpting Set for that).
Buffing brush: Just an excellent buffing brush for applying liquid make up - foundation/cc-cream/bb-cream etcetera. The only bad thing I have to say about this brush is that it sucks up a bit too much product, but I feel like all stippling and buffing brushes do that.
Pointed foundation brush: I use this for face mask. And because I was this one more often than the other ones, I can say that the brussels on this one is starting to feel a bit plasty - I don't know how to put it but they doesn't feel like real hair. I don't think this is a bad thing necessarily and I don't know if this would happen to the other brushes.

The little "bag" you get with it is great too in my opinion, it's super cute and great for travelling.

Popular Makeup Brushes