Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit

SMSHBX SBS CONTOUR KIT MED/DRKIngredients: Terracotta Bronze, Warm Highlight INGREDIENTS: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil\Paraffinum Liquidum\Huile Minerale, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Panthenol, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)] Deep Contour INGREDIENTS: Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, PTFE, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]LESS

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The review is for Light-Medium.
My skin: fair-medium, mostly neutral, but slightly warm undertone. Closest to NC25
The contour shade of this palette is good, has a grey undertone, not too dark, not too light, easy to work with.
The bronzer looks very muddy on my skin, like a wet sandy dirt. Terrible.
The highlighter is a matte powder that looks too white, too ashy and completely wrong on me. It emphasizes skin imperfections and out of all products look the most powdery and obvious when build up to have some effect on the skin.
All powders from the kit are very hard to the touch, not friendly for dry skin. The brush is meh... On top of everything, highlight settles into fine lines.
Back to Sephora it goes.

This is a really great contour kit. The colours are very natural looking and usable. I'm not a huge fan of the highlight colour and I find it a bit "powdery" looking on my skin, but I love the their two. The contour colour looks very natural and my muddy. These are also very blendable. If I have time or if it's a dressy occasion, I pair them up with the smashbox contour sticks, which are also great. If I'm short on time, I just use the contour colour and the bronzer. The package is really nice and durable and good quality. It's not too big, so it's easy to travel with. The only negative thing I can say is that it's a bit pricey. But it also lasts a long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the size of this palette, it’s compact enough that it doesn’t take up too much space but the size of pans are big enough to use with most brushes. This kit comes with an angled brush that works for highlighting or contouring but I wouldn’t use it for bronzing as I prefer a large fluffy brush for this purpose. The palette comes in two shade options: light/medium (I purchased this one) and medium/dark. The contour shade has a cool undertone that is preferable for carving out cheekbones or sculpting along the sides of the nose and this is the standout choice of the 3 products in this palette. The bronzer has a bit warmer undertone (as expected) and has more of a golden hue which I like. A lot of other bronzers I’ve seen can lean orange but this one leaves a soft sun-kissed vibe on the skin. The highlight in this palette is subtle, very soft, not metallic or glittery in the least. All 3 blend easily and look very natural on my skin and can be used on the eyes as well. Contouring hooded eyes can be a challenge but this palette makes an easier job of it. A great little palette and brush set worth picking up.

Love this! The colours are perfect, really easyblended and pigmented. This is the best contour i’ve ever tried. Its a bit pricey but it lasts for a pretty long time so it’s worth it. Would really rekommend to everyone!! I have really oily skin and it stays on all day!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I enjoy this product In my collection I have several contour kits this is one of my favorite a bit pricy I got it at my local sephora here in Canada .packaging is sturdy product is pigmented and blends out effortlessly on the skin and has good staying power does not look muddy.i definately recommend this product .

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like the contour shade and LOVE LOVE the brighteninng powder, it really makes me look awake and glowy. As for the darker shade it's perfect for contouring on my light skin. The middle shade is good for bronzing but can make me look orangey sometimes. I would definitely repurchase this again just for the 2 shades and it comes with a brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smashbox has dropped the price on this contouring trio to $40 CDN which is great but as this line is sold at SDM, I got an extra 20% off (Seniors Thursdays) so the price on this was pretty hard to beat, especially since it also includes a brush. I am not big on contouring, to tell you the truth. My face is quite round, which is why I'm often mistaken for considerably younger than I actually am. On my face, contouring can often just look like I've got dirt smudges on the sides of my face, especially with some of the darker, more orange toned products out there. The lightest/contour colour of this kit is deliciously lacking in orange or red tones; it's very cool toned so it looks natural on me. This means that the contour powder can actually look effective rather than "odd". The same holds true of the "bronzer" shade - it is cool and I can lightly fluff it all over my face with a big, soft brush, to make myself look a bit less pale. The lightest shade is nice - not glittery or obvious - so I can use it as a natural highlight or as eyeshadow for a "no makeup" eye look, with either of the other 2 shades to contour my crease. I've also used it to set my under-eye concealer with perfectly nice results. The instruction booklet is pretty informative, and the included brush is much better quality than I expected. Great little palette and great price.

I've been through so many contour products, both cream and powder, and this is by far the best. The darker colors are amazing on my skin, it is so easy to blend, and the light color is great to set the under eyes. The price is good for the fact that you get 3 colors and a brush. The brush was smaller than i expected but it surprisingly works really nicely. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I live for this palette honestly. It is SO GOOD. The tones are absolutely perfect, especially the contour tone. You can use this palette for some natural definition, but it can definitely take you heavier if you want it to. All of the shades blend beautifully. The moment I knew I had to have this was when I was trying the contour shade on my cheekbones in Sephora with nothing but one of those cheap, square beauty sponges. I was able to apply and blend out the color beautifully using JUST that beauty sponge and it looked amazing. I know some people don't like the brush, but it's not bad. I use it to place and slightly taper my contour and then blend out with another brush. Since getting this palette, I use it every day that I'm wearing makeup. It looks so beautiful and natural and sculpted. I love love love this!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After having used one of the master class palettes that included the same contour/bronze/highlight pans i already knew i would like this. These are perfect for helping manipulate the way light hits your face. All three are the perfect color for me (NC30). These are all forgiving and easy to work with as well. I apply bronze to my cheekbone, use the included brush to apply contour just below the bronze, to the hollow of the cheek, then apply highlighter above the bronze. I do use separate, different brushes for each pan plus a contour blender brush as well. The included brush (which i wish was available separately) is the perfect size and shape enabling me to place the contour precisely in the hollow of my cheek. Having the right brushes is essential with this product. The result is beautiful in photos and IRL. The master class lighting feaures the same CHB trio although in cream form but having used both i find the powder to be softer, more forgiving, and easier to work with. I find the powders much easier to blend than the creams. I also have the pencil trio (same shades in pencil form) which i find useful for precise placement in the eye and nose areas. Apparently i need options when it comes to contouring......