Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit

4.1

SMSHBX SBS CONTOUR KIT MED/DRKIngredients: Terracotta Bronze, Warm Highlight INGREDIENTS: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil\Paraffinum Liquidum\Huile Minerale, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Panthenol, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)] Deep Contour INGREDIENTS: Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, PTFE, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]LESS

Love this! The colours are perfect, really easyblended and pigmented. This is the best contour i’ve ever tried. Its a bit pricey but it lasts for a pretty long time so it’s worth it. Would really rekommend to everyone!! I have really oily skin and it stays on all day!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I enjoy this product In my collection I have several contour kits this is one of my favorite a bit pricy I got it at my local sephora here in Canada .packaging is sturdy product is pigmented and blends out effortlessly on the skin and has good staying power does not look muddy.i definately recommend this product .

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like the contour shade and LOVE LOVE the brighteninng powder, it really makes me look awake and glowy. As for the darker shade it's perfect for contouring on my light skin. The middle shade is good for bronzing but can make me look orangey sometimes. I would definitely repurchase this again just for the 2 shades and it comes with a brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smashbox has dropped the price on this contouring trio to $40 CDN which is great but as this line is sold at SDM, I got an extra 20% off (Seniors Thursdays) so the price on this was pretty hard to beat, especially since it also includes a brush. I am not big on contouring, to tell you the truth. My face is quite round, which is why I'm often mistaken for considerably younger than I actually am. On my face, contouring can often just look like I've got dirt smudges on the sides of my face, especially with some of the darker, more orange toned products out there. The lightest/contour colour of this kit is deliciously lacking in orange or red tones; it's very cool toned so it looks natural on me. This means that the contour powder can actually look effective rather than "odd". The same holds true of the "bronzer" shade - it is cool and I can lightly fluff it all over my face with a big, soft brush, to make myself look a bit less pale. The lightest shade is nice - not glittery or obvious - so I can use it as a natural highlight or as eyeshadow for a "no makeup" eye look, with either of the other 2 shades to contour my crease. I've also used it to set my under-eye concealer with perfectly nice results. The instruction booklet is pretty informative, and the included brush is much better quality than I expected. Great little palette and great price.

I've been through so many contour products, both cream and powder, and this is by far the best. The darker colors are amazing on my skin, it is so easy to blend, and the light color is great to set the under eyes. The price is good for the fact that you get 3 colors and a brush. The brush was smaller than i expected but it surprisingly works really nicely. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I live for this palette honestly. It is SO GOOD. The tones are absolutely perfect, especially the contour tone. You can use this palette for some natural definition, but it can definitely take you heavier if you want it to. All of the shades blend beautifully. The moment I knew I had to have this was when I was trying the contour shade on my cheekbones in Sephora with nothing but one of those cheap, square beauty sponges. I was able to apply and blend out the color beautifully using JUST that beauty sponge and it looked amazing. I know some people don't like the brush, but it's not bad. I use it to place and slightly taper my contour and then blend out with another brush. Since getting this palette, I use it every day that I'm wearing makeup. It looks so beautiful and natural and sculpted. I love love love this!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After having used one of the master class palettes that included the same contour/bronze/highlight pans i already knew i would like this. These are perfect for helping manipulate the way light hits your face. All three are the perfect color for me (NC30). These are all forgiving and easy to work with as well. I apply bronze to my cheekbone, use the included brush to apply contour just below the bronze, to the hollow of the cheek, then apply highlighter above the bronze. I do use separate, different brushes for each pan plus a contour blender brush as well. The included brush (which i wish was available separately) is the perfect size and shape enabling me to place the contour precisely in the hollow of my cheek. Having the right brushes is essential with this product. The result is beautiful in photos and IRL. The master class lighting feaures the same CHB trio although in cream form but having used both i find the powder to be softer, more forgiving, and easier to work with. I find the powders much easier to blend than the creams. I also have the pencil trio (same shades in pencil form) which i find useful for precise placement in the eye and nose areas. Apparently i need options when it comes to contouring......

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Out of all of my contour sets, this one had the best color payoff and complimented my medium skin tone. It didn't look ashy or streaky. Everything blended in beautifully. The only thing I wish they would've done was add another highlighter, as I ran out of it very soon and still have two pans of contour colors. I would love if they provided refills of individual color pans. I would definitely purchase again. Try it, Ladies!!!! :)

The colours are perfect - not too warm or cool. I like how it comes with a brush (though it is too big for my small face) and the packaging is pretty good quality. It also comes with a little guide which is pretty cool. The reason I give this product 4 and not 5 stars is because it makes my skin break out pretty badly...There are literally 2 lines of pimples underneath my cheekbones where I contour :S

I love love love this contour kit!!!

The contour shade isn't too warm/too cool so it's perfect for creating the illusion of shadows on your face. The bronzer is perfect for adding just a bit off color on your face, and the highlighter is super pigmented.

The texture wasn't too chalky; it felt silky and smooth. I have sensitive combination/oily skin, but this didn't break me out at all.

Even though I feel as though it's a bit pricey, I can see myself repurchasing it in the future. :)