Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit

SMSHBX SBS CONTOUR KIT MED/DRKIngredients: Terracotta Bronze, Warm Highlight INGREDIENTS: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil\Paraffinum Liquidum\Huile Minerale, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Panthenol, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)] Deep Contour INGREDIENTS: Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, PTFE, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]LESS

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After having used one of the master class palettes that included the same contour/bronze/highlight pans i already knew i would like this. These are perfect for helping manipulate the way light hits your face. All three are the perfect color for me (NC30). These are all forgiving and easy to work with as well. I apply bronze to my cheekbone, use the included brush to apply contour just below the bronze, to the hollow of the cheek, then apply highlighter above the bronze. I do use separate, different brushes for each pan plus a contour blender brush as well. The included brush (which i wish was available separately) is the perfect size and shape enabling me to place the contour precisely in the hollow of my cheek. Having the right brushes is essential with this product. The result is beautiful in photos and IRL. The master class lighting feaures the same CHB trio although in cream form but having used both i find the powder to be softer, more forgiving, and easier to work with. I find the powders much easier to blend than the creams. I also have the pencil trio (same shades in pencil form) which i find useful for precise placement in the eye and nose areas. Apparently i need options when it comes to contouring......

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Out of all of my contour sets, this one had the best color payoff and complimented my medium skin tone. It didn't look ashy or streaky. Everything blended in beautifully. The only thing I wish they would've done was add another highlighter, as I ran out of it very soon and still have two pans of contour colors. I would love if they provided refills of individual color pans. I would definitely purchase again. Try it, Ladies!!!! :)

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

The colours are perfect - not too warm or cool. I like how it comes with a brush (though it is too big for my small face) and the packaging is pretty good quality. It also comes with a little guide which is pretty cool. The reason I give this product 4 and not 5 stars is because it makes my skin break out pretty badly...There are literally 2 lines of pimples underneath my cheekbones where I contour :S

I love love love this contour kit!!!

The contour shade isn't too warm/too cool so it's perfect for creating the illusion of shadows on your face. The bronzer is perfect for adding just a bit off color on your face, and the highlighter is super pigmented.

The texture wasn't too chalky; it felt silky and smooth. I have sensitive combination/oily skin, but this didn't break me out at all.

Even though I feel as though it's a bit pricey, I can see myself repurchasing it in the future. :)

I have fair skin and really liked the darkest shade (it's a lovely, dusky shade) but found the middle shade to be much too warm for my skin, almost orangey. The palette shuts nicely and you do get a fair amt, however the price is a bit high in my opinion. I really liked how it came with a brush though, it's a decent little thing and I like its design. It actually lasted me a while before I got a nicer brush. All in all, it's a great starter palette for those beginning to learn how to contour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in June 2015 and it's now may 2016 and I still haven't hit the pan in any of the three shades. That being said I don't use it daily. I have it in the shade light. I find that the contour and bronze shades work well on my NC15/ NW15 skin but the "highlight" is about the same colour as my face so doesn't really work well as a highlight for me. I'm not a huge fan of contouring and would only dust this on really lightly but find that it blends so nicely on cream foundations, (such as the graftobian palette foundations) this is a little bit harder to blend over Mac prolongwear but maybe that's just the fault of my application. This has good staying power and the packaging is nice and sturdy although can be a bit tricky to open, I have dropped mine millions of times and it's still in perfect condition. I definitely recommend this to people starting out contouring as it comes with a little booklet with tips and tricks and how to contour for your face shape.

This is my first contour kit, and I love it so much! It comes with an applicator and an instruction booklet so it's a really good kit to get started with. Looks really natural if applied right. Also, I was surprised how long it stayed put.
I'm wondering how good this kit is in comparison to others though, for it is a bit pricey and it was only my first kit :)

This is actually the ONLY Smashbox product that I like/find decent. This palette is easy to use to highlight and contour your face. Palette comes with a contour shade, bronzer shade and a highlight shade. It also comes with an angled brush, so that's nice. Definitely something I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Been using it for over a year now on my skin being NC30-42 and it worked perfectly on me with my natural skin tone as well as when I was tan. I apply a bronzer lightly where ever I contour, and then use the contouring shade, a couple of layers under cheeks for it to show up well on my tanned skin. I've seen some reviews stating that this bronzer is orange and then that they're NC15 or so. Well obviously, if you're very fair, pretty much any bronzer is gonna be orange, but if you're at least medium like NC30, the bronzer in this kit is not gonna be orange on you at all! I had a ton of bronzers before and this is actually the best one along with MAC Bronzing Powder.
Now, onto the contour shade, I was pretty much obsessed with it, but to be honest, Balm Bahama Mama is really similar once it's on my skin, it's just darker and more bronze, so overall it actually is better for my liking, as I don't need to build it up for it to actually show up as much as I want. So if you're anywhere near my shade searching just for a contouring shade and may I add, you're more into flawless makeup look than invisible au naturel, I would totally recommend getting Balm's bronzer.
Anyway, the main reason why I'm still obsessed with this kit after such a long time is the highlight shade. It's perfect for under eyes and anywhere else you wanna highlight! Thought if you're quite tan, it's better to start off lightly and see if you need anymore, because when I got it for the first time, I was overly excited about the highlight shade and was piling it on under my eyes for a Kim K look from the past not realizing that a little goes a lot way with this shade, it seems to be more pigmented than the bronzer and contour shades, which I didn't realize at first! Anyway, I've been searching high and low for contouring and highlighting shades that are better than in this palette and surprisingly there are none, so I guess it's time to admit that this kit is perfect! Hope it helps guys :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I actually love this, the contour shade is very cool toned so looks natural and I actually like the matte highlight, it's great for brightening the under eye area and a good alternative to shimmer highlights if you don't want to sparkle that day. I found the powders to be really soft and easy to work with. I rated this only 4 because the bronzer shade does lean a little bit orange, but it's still useable with a light hand. Love the packaging too!